Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2019 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The show is back this week and oh boy, that escalated quickly.

A pretty intense episode that featured a lot of action. Glad they give Shion screen time to fight and she made quite an impression. The monster they were facing is ugly not a pushover but I find it interesting to see the variety of abilities used again it.

Music is great. I thought its usage made the episode more exciting.
Jan 7, 2019 7:33 AM
Jan 2019
It hasn't popped up on my crunchyroll. Nor am I finding it else where... Where is it?!?! Please?
Jan 7, 2019 7:52 AM

Oct 2014
Lostkat said:
It hasn't popped up on my crunchyroll. Nor am I finding it else where... Where is it?!?! Please?

Stark700 always makes the episode threads after watching the RAWs. The subbed version will be released within 40 or so minutes, I think.
Jan 7, 2019 8:14 AM

Oct 2014
ED2 Full version:

Jan 7, 2019 8:16 AM
Nov 2015
Lostkat said:

Kick-Ass anime 15 minute left.
Jan 7, 2019 8:40 AM

Apr 2018
Grey-Zone said:
ED2 Full version:

hm... I like the first one better than this
Jan 7, 2019 8:46 AM
Feb 2017
Grey-Zone said:
Lostkat said:

Stark700 always makes the episode threads after watching the RAWs. The subbed version will be released within 40 or so minutes, I think.

Interesting, the schedule for MAL says it releases Tuesday... am I missing something here?
Jan 7, 2019 8:47 AM

Aug 2008
CALM DOWN PPL IS UP on the net goes to watch it seen dororo too
yummy yummy dany has what to watch right now
The spider is watching
Jan 7, 2019 8:51 AM

Oct 2014
BlakexEkalb said:
Grey-Zone said:

Interesting, the schedule for MAL says it releases Tuesday... am I missing something here?

Timezone differences. In Japan it airs at midnight between Monday and Tuesday, which already counts as Tuesday. For most of the remaining world it's still on Monday though.
Jan 7, 2019 9:16 AM

Sep 2014
A shame Gelmud didn't get roughed up by the Oni like in the manga, still a good fight tho.
Poor Sage cucked by Rimuru from explaining too.
What a way to end the episode with Shion's oppai! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
nerfxJan 7, 2019 9:20 AM
Jan 7, 2019 9:20 AM

Oct 2018
Poor Geld got digested alive. Wonder how that felt
Jan 7, 2019 9:26 AM

Apr 2018
This is the first time they cover 3 chapter in 1 episode, I guess the studio start to rush it a little. And Maybe... they really try to reach the fight between rimuru and hinata? I hope so :)
Jan 7, 2019 9:38 AM

Sep 2018
Jfs_Jfsjfsjfs said:
This is the first time they cover 3 chapter in 1 episode, I guess the studio start to rush it a little. And Maybe... they really try to reach the fight between rimuru and hinata? I hope so :)

Yeah it was a bit rushed, i thought it would end with Rimuru trying to eat Gerudo(Geld) but they really speed up, didnt even explain why Great Sage took over to fight.......I heard they are following manga so i dont know about "that fight"
well that's just my opinion.....
Jan 7, 2019 9:41 AM
Oct 2018
This is awesome anime. Even the villains are well written characters.
Jan 7, 2019 9:52 AM
Mar 2018
Amazing.. Just amazing.
Jan 7, 2019 9:53 AM

Oct 2014
Farmaceut said:
Jfs_Jfsjfsjfs said:

Yeah it was a bit rushed, i thought it would end with Rimuru trying to eat Gerudo(Geld) but they really speed up, didnt even explain why Great Sage took over to fight.......I heard they are following manga so i dont know about "that fight"

They already reached Ramiris in the manga and the manga has been getting double releases every month lately. We might still get 4-6 manga chapters before the end of the anime. There's also another manga issue scheduled for march. It's safe to say that the anime will end just right when it catches up with the manga, which should be right around Hinata's appearence.
Jan 7, 2019 10:01 AM

Nov 2010
That was the weakest episode yet.
I still enjoy the show, but the pacing this episode was glacial.
Jan 7, 2019 10:03 AM
Jan 2018
zwolf12 said:

Would you rather they waste another two episodes dragging it out more than it needs to be
Jan 7, 2019 10:07 AM

May 2015
In this world one doesn't just go to a heavenly afterlife but becomes heaven itself.
Nice episode.
Jan 7, 2019 10:18 AM

Oct 2018
Mattinator95 said:
zwolf12 said:

Would you rather they waste another two episodes dragging it out more than it needs to be

I think it's better if they took at least this episode and the next to explain why
1) Souei is here.
2) Why great Sage took over. They omitted important manga moments
3) Also kinda dislike the fact how Benimaru's commander abilities didn't shine a lot
Jan 7, 2019 10:27 AM

Dec 2011
This was worth waiting for.
This episode was amazing and even made me shed a tear for those Orc.
Next episode going to be great xD
Jan 7, 2019 10:28 AM

Apr 2017
Good thing they managed to adapt the full battle in this episode. No need to drag more than this.
Nice animation and music, glad to see that they are still nice with the production
Looking forward to see what's next.
Instead of blaming mini cuts (this isn't a copy-paste media), praise the pros, they sure are more than the cons, way more.
Jan 7, 2019 10:31 AM

Oct 2014
Birdsanddrugs said:
Mattinator95 said:

I think it's better if they took at least this episode and the next to explain why
1) Souei is here.
3) Also kinda dislike the fact how Benimaru's commander abilities didn't shine a lot

They plan to reach the end of vol. 4 to get a close on one of the main plotthreads, which is the children, rather ending it on some randomly spawned flying whale. And they only get 24 episodes.

Yet still, this is better than what most other LN adaptions get, where 4 episodes per volume is the average. It would be better if they got 25 or 26 episodes though.
Jan 7, 2019 10:42 AM

Nov 2010
[quote=Birdsanddrugs message=56666988]
Mattinator95 said:

1) Souei is here.

The problem seems to be (from what i gathered in the comments) that some stuff came too short while they also lingered a lot on less important stuff or stuff the viewer could figure out themselves.
Maybe a problem of the adaption because there is stuff you can show and don't have to explain in an anime that has to be spelled out in a novel and they somehow got stuff mixed up.
Jan 7, 2019 10:45 AM

Jan 2008
nerfx said:
A shame Gelmud didn't get roughed up by the Oni like in the manga,

Yeah, I was disappointed by that too. However, it was nice to see Rimiru smacking him around too.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 7, 2019 10:55 AM

Dec 2010
Fun fact: Geld can also be transcribed as Gerudo, which is the homeland of Ganondorf in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Geld looks a lot like Ganon's design from the 8-16 bits console eras.
Sacrificing sleep and sanity for more anime-induced dopamine.
Jan 7, 2019 10:57 AM

Dec 2014
well that was awesome how it was all wrapped up like that.... I wish we knew who He was....hmm
Jan 7, 2019 10:59 AM

Oct 2014
Damn, I only just realized how huge Geld looks in the anime. I think he looked smaller in the LN and manga, so this is probably his biggest version.

Insanitium said:
Fun fact: Geld can also be transcribed as Gerudo, which is the homeland of Ganondorf in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Geld looks a lot like Ganon's design from the 8-16 bits console eras.

"Geld" is also the German word for "money".
Jan 7, 2019 11:07 AM
Apr 2018
Could someone tell where Rimuru got his sword again? I think I might have missed something.
Jan 7, 2019 11:11 AM

Feb 2014
I'm happy that this show is back for its second cour and the wait for the fight between Rimuru and Geld the Demon Lord was over.

The fight itself was nicely done, both on the animation and art quality. It was impressive to see Rimuru go full on with his devour ability that eventually overpowerd Geld's Starved ability. The scene then transitioned to show what happen before Geld met Gelmut, with his Orc group suffering from a great famine and he was desperate to get food at any costs.

I can't help but have sympathy for Geld, honestly, but at least he is now gone and so has the starved condition on the rest of the orcs.

Shion loves Rimuru so much, doesn't she? The way she glomped him and confirmed that her group would continue to serve and protect Rimuru was really amusing. Rimuru defeats the big plot of this arc and get a bigger "plot" as a reward for it! =P

I'm looking forward to the next arc, so a great episode overall to start off the second cour. ^_^
Jan 7, 2019 11:11 AM

Oct 2014
MasterKing0806 said:
Could someone tell where Rimuru got his sword again? I think I might have missed something.

From Kaijin and/or Kurobee, of course. They were having a passionate discussion about smithing back in EP11, remember?
Jan 7, 2019 11:17 AM

Apr 2018
Amazing episode again with great animation, glad they adapt the full battle in this episode. It was intense AF!

Can't wait for the next arc
Jan 7, 2019 11:25 AM
Oct 2017
OP slime does it again :3
Poor Gelmud :3
got eaten :3
Jan 7, 2019 11:27 AM
Apr 2018
Grey-Zone said:
MasterKing0806 said:

From Kaijin and/or Kurobee, of course. They were having a passionate discussion about smithing back in EP11, remember?

Well that makes sense. But it was not shown how Rimuru received the sword. So I suppose I am just wondering about unimportant things.
Jan 7, 2019 11:49 AM

Jun 2014
The fight wasn't bad and this arc had a pretty satisfying ending. Let's see where things go from here.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 7, 2019 11:53 AM

Dec 2016
Nice to see this back again, really looking forward to it's continuation, this 2nd half looks like it will be amazing once again.

Yeah I had a feeling Geld was going to kill Gelmud and devour him, he was very impressive as a demon lord, all those attacks he was able to withstand would have taken out just about anyone or anything else.

Auto battle mode, that was interested but very effective while he used it.

Predator vs devour, there was only going to be one winner there, at least Geld found peace in death and hopefully his clan will get some help.

All right, peace has now returned to Jura forest, looking forward to the next episode to see what adventure await our slime and friends.

I really liked the ending theme, I wonder if it's a one off or if they will keep it and continue to show highlights of episodes like they did here.
Jan 7, 2019 12:11 PM

Jul 2014
Honestly pretty disappointed with the fight. After all this build-up (about four or five episodes of it at glacial pacing), this was just lots of showing off at first before Rimuru turns on Great Sage's autopilot function (where the hell did that come from?) for some more stakeless showing off before finally doing what he knows full well he could have done from the very beginning. When he can just eat everyone there is literally zero stakes so what reason is there to care, especially when the show spent so long trying to hype everything up as ultra-high stakes here?

Speaking of this, Rimuru could expand quickly enough to eat Veldora without a problem, so other than Geld's struggling (which seemed to have negligible effects on Rimuru anyway) why did it take so long this time? More time to show off needlessly?

Also, if it hasn't been said enough, fuck Gabiru. As Gelmud said, he's a complete idiot and total waste of space.
AtavisticJan 7, 2019 12:17 PM
Jan 7, 2019 12:31 PM

May 2010
I'm so beyond happy with this show so far. Really happy with this adaptation, this episode in particular was a really good one, this one and the last one so far are my 2 favourites of the series thus far.
Infinite growth is the ideology of a cancer cell
Jan 7, 2019 12:49 PM
Dec 2018
Atavistic said:
Honestly pretty disappointed with the fight. After all this build-up (about four or five episodes of it at glacial pacing), this was just lots of showing off at first before Rimuru turns on Great Sage's autopilot function (where the hell did that come from?) for some more stakeless showing off before finally doing what he knows full well he could have done from the very beginning. When he can just eat everyone there is literally zero stakes so what reason is there to care, especially when the show spent so long trying to hype everything up as ultra-high stakes here?

Speaking of this, Rimuru could expand quickly enough to eat Veldora without a problem, so other than Geld's struggling (which seemed to have negligible effects on Rimuru anyway) why did it take so long this time? More time to show off needlessly?

The first thing, you ask where did Great Sages' auto mode come from? Well it came from Great Sage analyzing how Ifrit possessed Shizu. Now for your claims about the stakes. Rimuru cannot do the things great sage was able to do normally on his own, this is due to the fact that he doesn't have the skill needed to manipulate magic the same way great sage did. If Rimuru hadn't used Great sage, he would have been corroded before he figured out what he needed to do. And you ask why it took so long for Rimuru to devour the orc disaster? Well the answer is quite simple, the orc disaster and Rimuru were both corroding each other, Rimuru was only barely ahead of the Orc disaster in terms of corroding ability, so it took much longer because Rimuru kept on getting corroded while only corroding a small part of the Orc Disaster. And the only reason why he was able to eat Veldora with no problem is because he only ate the seal that contained Veldora, so he wasn't actually "consuming" Veldora.
Jan 7, 2019 12:49 PM
Mar 2013
"Everyone has their own story, a reason they are the way they are."

I have to say, "If only the Ork King had met Rimuru before Gelmud when he was yet nameless and about to die of starvation."
Jan 7, 2019 12:52 PM

Apr 2018
I'm glad they decided to cut it short with this as it was waaaaayyyy too long in the manga... in the end this is just the "first one", there are more that should get as much screentime as their power!

Happy to have seen the "mental discussion" too as I was afraid they would cut that out too, since it gives out a lot more than the battle itself.

Can't wait for next episode
Jan 7, 2019 1:00 PM
Oct 2016
That was another great episode, this auto pilot thing looks interesting. I´ll be looking forward to seeing more of it.
Jan 7, 2019 1:05 PM
Feb 2017
Grey-Zone said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Timezone differences. In Japan it airs at midnight between Monday and Tuesday, which already counts as Tuesday. For most of the remaining world it's still on Monday though.

That's what I was thinking, didn't think the time difference was that much though.
Jan 7, 2019 1:18 PM

Feb 2017
kevin_video said:
nerfx said:
A shame Gelmud didn't get roughed up by the Oni like in the manga,

Yeah, I was disappointed by that too. However, it was nice to see Rimiru smacking him around too.

if u read the light novel , it's pretty much the same .
Jan 7, 2019 1:33 PM

Nov 2016
Gelmud had it coming.

Nice episode/arc, especially the conclusion.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 7, 2019 1:36 PM

Feb 2017
Farmaceut said:
Jfs_Jfsjfsjfs said:

Ikr I also heard they're following the manga, yet again they chose to follow the light novel one lol
Jan 7, 2019 1:47 PM
Dec 2017
Is it me or was Rimuru cuter than usual in this episode?
Jan 7, 2019 1:47 PM

Feb 2017
Grey-Zone said:
MasterKing0806 said:

yep, the anime skipped the part where the kijins n rimuru got their equipments n clothes . it was from shuuna n kurobee . most likely they deliberately skipped this part to keep it as light novel n manga exclusive .
I mean, we gotta remember the main purpose of anime being made in general is as advertisement for the source material after all .
Jan 7, 2019 1:54 PM
Mar 2018
Any one realized rimuru hair suddenly get longer lol
Jan 7, 2019 2:00 PM
Apr 2016
Great episode! The ending was a bit corny but oh well
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» rimuru is the bad guy

Rukasumi - Apr 11

2 by felixsifuri »»
Apr 12, 11:53 AM

» Help my fellow weebs

Lonely_kun - Apr 5

27 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 7, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

287 by iggggi »»
Apr 7, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

275 by Magicmist »»
Apr 3, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

289 by BlueQuartzFibre »»
Apr 3, 5:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.