Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Dororo Episode 1 Discussion

Jan 10, 11:33 AM

This was one of the best first episodes I've seen in a while. I just hope this doesn't turn into an episodic series soon. Can't wait for ep 2!

Jan 10, 12:03 PM
wakame-sama said:
This was one of the best first episodes I've seen in a while. I just hope this doesn't turn into an episodic series soon. Can't wait for ep 2!

A heavily episodic slice-of-life type thing is literally exactly what I'm hoping for out of this, so long as it fully commits to it.

Jan 10, 1:14 PM

ThereArentNames said:
thiago52192 said:
I don't really get it why everyone is prasing this show. I may watch the second episode, but this first was actually quite boring

There are quite a few 8s, 9s and 10s on your list that I'd consider boring. You honestly shouldn't put too much thought into what other people say about it, tbh, Even though I'm doing just that.

Considering you have a 3.55 mean score, it isn't a suprise you find some of the shows I like boring.

Besides, I'm just curious on the reason of people enjoying something that I can't see the appeal, but I'm actually fine with people enjoying it. For example, I didn't really like Angel Beats, but I do understand why most of people enjoy it and I respect their opinions.

Jan 10, 5:08 PM
thiago52192 said:
ThereArentNames said:

There are quite a few 8s, 9s and 10s on your list that I'd consider boring. You honestly shouldn't put too much thought into what other people say about it, tbh, Even though I'm doing just that.

Considering you have a 3.55 mean score, it isn't a suprise you find some of the shows I like boring.

Besides, I'm just curious on the reason of people enjoying something that I can't see the appeal, but I'm actually fine with people enjoying it. For example, I didn't really like Angel Beats, but I do understand why most of people enjoy it and I respect their opinions.

Soo you think 3-gatsu no lion is good, but this is boring? Either dark themed anime is just not for you, or you simply prefer anime that makes you sleep on your couch. To each their own i guess.

Jan 10, 6:10 PM
it seems pretty interesting so far. MAPPAs animation didn't dissapoint as always, but i did feel a little bit of lack in the background music (except for the action scene) and on the animation, hopefully it won't be like that for the entire anime.

both the opening and ending are well animated, i particulary find the ending to be the best with both the sketchy animaton style and the song by amazarashi was just incredible (i'm quite the fan of BNHA 2nd season op)

Jan 11, 2:39 AM

Tougen said:
thiago52192 said:

Soo you think 3-gatsu no lion is good, but this is boring? Either dark themed anime is just not for you, or you simply prefer anime that makes you sleep on your couch. To each their own i guess.

You talk like I was some kind of exception. You do realize that almost every person who watched 3-gatsu consider the show a masterpiece right? Specially if we're talking about the second season. Most likely slice of life/drama anime is just not for you. To each their own i guess

Jan 11, 3:36 AM

Didn't expect that I would like it, but damn it was amazing. I like the darkness of the series. Not a fan of the OP song that much.

Jan 11, 3:39 AM

thiago52192 said:
ThereArentNames said:

I could literally justify every single one of my three and below. I watch a whole lot of trash. You'd be surprised.

Jan 11, 4:31 AM

Ano saa Can I ask a guide how to watch this series? like . . .

Should I watch the alternative version first?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5760/Dororo_to_Hyakkimaru
https://myanimelist.net/anime/11471/Dororo_Pilot

Thanks!

Jan 11, 4:41 AM

Tentai-chan said:
Ano saa Can I ask a guide how to watch this series? like . . .

Should I watch the alternative version first?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5760/Dororo_to_Hyakkimaru
https://myanimelist.net/anime/11471/Dororo_Pilot

Thanks!

You only need to watch this, but deffo check https://myanimelist.net/anime/5760/Dororo_to_Hyakkimaru if you're interested.

Jan 11, 6:06 AM

So does anyone know the air date of episode 2 ? :) I read through the comments on the thread, couldn't find the info, sorry if somebody already stated it!

Also, I love this shows' premise, high hopes for this one, especially in MAPPA's hands !

Jan 11, 6:10 AM
thiago52192 said:
Tougen said:

You talk like I was some kind of exception. You do realize that almost every person who watched 3-gatsu consider the show a masterpiece right? Specially if we're talking about the second season. Most likely slice of life/drama anime is just not for you. To each their own i guess

'mostly everyone', maybe here on MAL. And yes, its not for me, i personaly find most of them boring. And no, thats not the point, im not saying you are an exeption, just pointing out people with your tastes would probably not enjoy a series such as this, with gorgeous action and a dark themed story. Thought its probably too early too judge since we barely know the protagonists yet.
Modified by Tougen, Jan 11, 6:20 AM

Jan 11, 6:21 AM

What is it to say, fuck.
Really amazing first episode, might be the best episode of this season already.
Talk about character development? I started liking beer.

Jan 11, 8:51 AM

By the way i retract any previous statments i made about this

Jan 11, 9:56 AM

I think that the opening doesn't fit with the show.

About the episode, I like it.

Life has no meaning.

Jan 11, 11:47 AM
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
nits_ said:

well actually a lot of people use Amazon for anime.
naah mate that's real unlikely most people watch it from pirated sites.

Well a lot of people have prime anyway so why not.. I have amazon prime so I might as well support the series by watching it on amazon.

Jan 11, 11:53 AM
i donot like the first episode much , it has been spoiled much events or the main events in anime .
He was created without eyes, ears, skin, hands and there is much parts .
In last minute of Ep 1 , his face skin has appeared after he kill the demon on the river and Daijo found one of demons statue has broken .
so, the anime is journey of someone search for his parts by fighting with demons .
this anime is not good enough to get 8.5 (it will decrease by the time ).
So story is obvious and all episodes are like a fan service of adventure and action. I hope that i am wrong.

Jan 11, 12:31 PM
Sgt
The Father's VA is FKIN MADARA UCHIHA :D
got me hyped immediately and + the op, story and overall everything! :D

Jan 11, 1:49 PM
Abedulrahman said:
i donot like the first episode much , it has been spoiled much events or the main events in anime .
He was created without eyes, ears, skin, hands and there is much parts .
In last minute of Ep 1 , his face skin has appeared after he kill the demon on the river and Daijo found one of demons statue has broken .
so, the anime is journey of someone search for his parts by fighting with demons .
this anime is not good enough to get 8.5 (it will decrease by the time ).
So story is obvious and all episodes are like a fan service of adventure and action. I hope that i am wrong.

I could agree with you, but then we both would have a garbage oppinion.

Jan 11, 2:19 PM
Great opening and good characters. Very high expectations and I love Haykkimaru‘s visuals. Interesting characters and great opening and ending 😋

Jan 11, 2:19 PM
omg i didnt expect too much about it and rather right now im lookin forward to next eps.

And the opening song is just sloppy i guess? Those screams didnt seem syncronize with op's video.

Jan 11, 3:07 PM
LoLiCoN

very enjoyable so far, looking foward to another episode next week.
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい

Jan 11, 3:08 PM
LoLiCoN

Drunken_angel said:
So does anyone know the air date of episode 2 ? :) I read through the comments on the thread, couldn't find the info, sorry if somebody already stated it!

Also, I love this shows' premise, high hopes for this one, especially in MAPPA's hands !
it airs in japan at 22:30 every monday expect it to be subbed within a few hours
after this
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい

Jan 11, 3:59 PM

Great start. Can't wait

Jan 11, 4:41 PM

EPIC SO FAR.
ALL OF IT

Jan 11, 4:46 PM

Ryuuryota said:
it airs in japan at 22:30 every monday expect it to be subbed within a few hours
after this

Awesome, thanks ! :D

Jan 11, 6:01 PM

I liked the ED. Not sure how I feel about the show yet.

Jan 11, 6:56 PM

Interesting start. The main plot was set and the action sequences were really good as well.

The OP is nice although not the best one from this season, for me at least.

The only little thing I'm not that convinced is Dororo's voice. I know it's common for kids in anime to be voiced by women but he sounds way too feminine for my taste. He's a boy, right?

That aside, this show looks very promising.

Jan 11, 8:20 PM

SouthRzVa said:
Interesting start. The main plot was set and the action sequences were really good as well.

The only little thing I'm not that convinced is Dororo's voice. I know it's common for kids in anime to be voiced by women but he sounds way too feminine for my taste. He's a boy, right?

Well I don't wanna spoil anything but his voice is fitting.

Jan 11, 8:27 PM

ThereArentNames said:
SouthRzVa said:

Well I don't wanna spoil anything but his voice is fitting.

Oh, so it's related to the story... then I didn't say/write anything.

Jan 11, 8:45 PM

BackstageMage said:
satsatsaturnalia said:
is dororo a boy or a girl because the design looks like a girl but the subs I found referred to them as a he

Dororo is a guy

30charactercount

Not true,

Source: read the manga.
Modified by LunaPrecure, Jan 11, 9:21 PM

Jan 11, 9:06 PM

and it just got spoiled. Good job ruining the significance it was supposed to have on the story.

Jan 11, 9:19 PM

LunaPrecure said:
BackstageMage said:

Dororo is a guy

30charactercount

Not true, it’s a she. Source: read the manga.

For someone who joined in 2016, you should have already learned how to use an spoiler tag...

Jan 11, 9:29 PM

Jan 11, 9:38 PM

LunaPrecure said:
BackstageMage said:

Dororo is a guy

30charactercount

Not true,

Wait are we sure? I read the manga i remember them using "he"

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Jan 11, 9:42 PM

BackstageMage said:
LunaPrecure said:

Not true,

Yeah, it's supposed to be a secret that dororo kept.

Jan 11, 9:44 PM

BackstageMage said:
LunaPrecure said:

Not true,

There’s a reveal at the end of the manga about their gender. I read the liscensed versionーI’m not sure if the fan-translation made it clear or notーbut it was a big plot twist in the three volume Vertical release.
Modified by LunaPrecure, Jan 11, 9:47 PM

Jan 11, 10:38 PM
Loved the first episode and excited for the next. I know very little about the original series so if it’s not faithful to the original it won’t bother me much if it’s good. Can’t wait to hear Hiroki Suzuki

Jan 11, 11:58 PM

That was really good. Neat animation. Plus that op💙💙💙.

Jan 11, 11:58 PM

That was really good. Neat animation. Plus that op💙💙💙.

Jan 12, 12:59 AM
Thought it was terribly disappointing, even compared to the live action film. Animation quality was shabby, much prefer the 1969 original. I'll give 2nd episode a go but... I'm not hopeful.

Jan 12, 3:47 AM

Much better than Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari.

Jan 12, 8:39 AM

Wow!
Haven't touched the manga or the old anime before, but this series is already very engaging.
Spectacular OP and ED songs from the artists who also did some Tokyo Ghoul's great theme songs. Overall, really promising.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, are also exceptionally skilled at killing. {×.×}
Are you ready for Makoto Shinkai's next anime movie? Check it out!

Jan 12, 9:04 AM
Birdsanddrugs said:
I find it a shame many people nowadays don't care about great classics. They're too overhyped over action and otherwise trashy shows.
it think not because this show caught a lot of attention. Normies will watch it anyway for the fight scene. The real classic anime that were underrated is Megalo Box because normies can't understand the deep story telling and the 90's anime art style

Jan 12, 2:21 PM
Aaaah didn't expect it to be as good as it was, damn a lot of intimidating scenes... Looking forward for the next episode!

Jan 12, 7:00 PM

THAT WAS SO GOODD URGHTGHHH
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 12, 7:14 PM
Wise Cat

LunaPrecure said:
BackstageMage said:

There’s a reveal at the end of the manga about their gender. I read the liscensed versionーI’m not sure if the fan-translation made it clear or notーbut it was a big plot twist in the three volume Vertical release.

Is it strongly plot-related or did Dororo tell this lie to feel safer as a boy than a girl all alone or something?

Jan 12, 7:19 PM

Maneki-Mew said:
LunaPrecure said:

Is it strongly plot-related or did Dororo tell this lie to feel safer as a boy than a girl all alone or something?

Like Tezuka’s other notorious series, Princess Knight, the concealment of gender is used as a means of protection.

Jan 13, 3:01 AM
Wise Cat

LunaPrecure said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Like Tezuka’s other notorious series, Princess Knight, the concealment of gender is used as a means of protection.

Well understandable. It's not a big deal to got "spoilered" then / no big difference tho.

Jan 13, 5:40 AM

I already knew that the animation would be amazing since MAPPA is involved but this was downright fabulous. The OP and ED are wonderful, the animation just great and the story just wow. This season is shaping up really well. Youkoso to Neverland and Dororo have already got me hooked!

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »