Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 7, 2019 6:00 PM

Apr 2018
konostandopowa said:
I like that people are seemingly offended and crying over a simple question regarding an anime's score. This kind of thread is obligatory and inevitable.
I'm wondering too how this particular isekai anime got a solid 8.5 with its generic stuff, extremely predictable plot and mediocre character designs.

"Because people like it."
"Because its good, now stfu.."

Omg they're too much of a brainlet to give a proper answer.

Because people like it
Jan 7, 2019 7:00 PM

May 2018
konostandopowa said:
I like that people are seemingly offended and crying over a simple question regarding an anime's score. This kind of thread is obligatory and inevitable.
I'm wondering too how this particular isekai anime got a solid 8.5 with its generic stuff, extremely predictable plot and mediocre character designs.

None of those arguments are valid. "Generic" is just a buzzword, it has no meaning whatsoever. "Extremely predictable" is just your opinion, not everyone found it predictable and "Mediocre character design" doesn't matter whether you are right or wrong, because not everyone cares as much about it as you. Now stop being offended and crying over the 8.5, you are just embarrassing yourself.
Jan 8, 2019 10:19 PM
Nov 2018
Only_Brad said:

"Extremely predictable" is just your opinion, not everyone found it predictable and "Mediocre character design" doesn't matter whether you are right or wrong, because not everyone cares as much about it as you.

So you're basically agreeing with me that MAL users are brainlets. Thanks, brainlet.
Jan 8, 2019 11:11 PM
Oct 2016
For fans who are bothered by threads like this, I recommend Reddit. Far superior to MAL forums.
Jan 8, 2019 11:33 PM

May 2018
UTJeff316 said:
For fans who are bothered by threads like this, I recommend Reddit. Far superior to MAL forums.

I mainly use MAL to troll the haters or try to educate them. Like that guy above you.
Jan 9, 2019 4:05 AM
Jul 2018
The score is high because people liked it.
Jan 9, 2019 6:29 AM
Sep 2016
konostandopowa said:

It's one of those "just turn your brain off" series I guess
You know it's good when noone who says they like it can explain what's good about it....it's almost like they know it'll be less impressive the moment you consider what's going on on screen XD
1.1.Six
Jan 9, 2019 7:30 PM

Nov 2018
Its like the slime one...nothing complicated, just something simple withoud any amazinggly revolutionary story behind it, but with cool action and characters.

Plus it generaetd feminist tears, that alone gives me great joy.
Jan 9, 2019 8:15 PM
May 2018
This kind of post seems like it's for finding the others "haters" to become friends or some stuff... "Do you agree with me if I hate it?" Bruh... Stop this please, sir. According to source material, its score is high like this... so when the adaption does a good job, what do you expect? Give a trash score?... C'mon bro, people always change their mind after the series is finished... Just wait until then or you can drop it... where's your 3 episode-rule? This shit is like "bad first impression" mean "trash stuff" when it was otherwise, people enjoyed it... or 13-year-old's predictable "I hate this anime because it's overrated" statement. Smh
Jan 9, 2019 9:09 PM

Dec 2007
UTJeff316 said:
This is why MAL forums are so toxic. Hey maybe the show has a high score because people watched it...and LIKED IT! *GASP*

So radical...and weird! How is this even possible? It's mind boggling.

This guy speaks the truth. It's a shame people can't think for themselves.
Jan 9, 2019 9:12 PM

Dec 2007
Only_Brad said:
konostandopowa said:

None of those arguments are valid. "Generic" is just a buzzword, it has no meaning whatsoever. "Extremely predictable" is just your opinion, not everyone found it predictable and "Mediocre character design" doesn't matter whether you are right or wrong, because not everyone cares as much about it as you. Now stop being offended and crying over the 8.5, you are just embarrassing yourself.

This person also speaks the truth. I'm amazed how people use "generic" as if they know what it means. The anime is what oyu make it of, and people are enjoying the anime because it's genuinely worthwhile.

I honestly can't understand the hatred towards this, Star Wars, or anything else that I feel people simply want to feel triggered for the sake of being triggered, such as the "starved" effect in that Slime anime currently airing.
Jan 10, 2019 8:36 AM
Jan 2016
Its boosted but it's been liked alot due to to new tropes like slave girl and MC that actually isn't op
but this show ruined it by pandering on that part on the Fox girl which is the reason I dropped the WN after 200+ ch.
The author just likes the MC to be slave of her and keeps on overpowering her
fingers crossed for no season 2 :p
Jan 10, 2019 4:48 PM

May 2017
You mean to tell me that the first episode didn't start with motivation, tone, magic system, narrative structure, plot progression, character arcs, world building, foreshadowing, plot twists, the entire cast's political agendas, back stories and lore? What a failure of an anime guys. Absolutely awful. 0/10
-Gigguk
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Jan 10, 2019 5:24 PM

Apr 2015
Opinion really: tbh doesn't really matter
Jan 10, 2019 7:02 PM

Mar 2012
Well inevitably it's gonna fall but if you must know it's likely that fans of the series are probably giving it high scores to spite the very... mixed reception.
Jan 10, 2019 8:45 PM

Dec 2016
the_swagnemite said:
idk, i like it so i gave it a 10

That about sums it up.
Jan 10, 2019 8:54 PM

Nov 2016
copyrightRingo said:
You mean to tell me that the first episode didn't start with motivation, tone, magic system, narrative structure, plot progression, character arcs, world building, foreshadowing, plot twists, the entire cast's political agendas, back stories and lore? What a failure of an anime guys. Absolutely awful. 0/10
-Gigguk

Momments like that are what Make Gigguk the Best Anituber.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2019 9:07 PM
Oct 2016
Afloo said:
copyrightRingo said:
-Gigguk

Momments like that are what Make Gigguk the Best Anituber.

i legitimately love this comment.
Jan 10, 2019 9:41 PM
Oct 2016
JudoJD said:
konostandopowa said:

You know it's good when noone who says they like it can explain what's good about it....it's almost like they know it'll be less impressive the moment you consider what's going on on screen XD

i would like him to explain his complaints otherwise he is really being a hypocrite
generic stuff? the only "generic bit is the isekai trope but that is popular in japan and do you mean to tell me you never thought if only i was somewhere else? not once in your life did you want to escape? that's the draw of the isekia

poor character design: protagonist who can not attack on his own made a pariah in a matter of days due to being framed, a king who panders to his daughter instead of looking into it and heroes who call themselves heroes but do not even question the accusations.the act of being accused of something and not being able to defend yourself happens all the time in everyday life. and is something many can sympathize with at one level or another

predictable plot: can't all plots be considered predictable? there are few out there that aren't and have you ever heard of the saying "“Its the not the Destination, It's the journey.” as someone familiar with the source material i found satisfaction in the fact all the hard work naofumi put forth just to get by was more effective than the short cuts the other heroes took and paid of in the long run.
unlike other isekai rise of the shield provides you with things others do not and instead of an op protagonist who has everything handed to him he is at a supreme disadvantage which is only made worse, even after the traumatic indecent he still manages to remain to the general extent ethical and moral.

you wanted an explanation add this to what someone else quoted

-Gigguk
and there you have it reasons for the high score next?
Jan 11, 2019 4:08 AM
Sep 2016
teh_3v1l_0n3 said:
JudoJD said:

i would like him to explain his complaints otherwise he is really being a hypocrite
generic stuff? the only "generic bit is the isekai trope but that is popular in japan and do you mean to tell me you never thought if only i was somewhere else? not once in your life did you want to escape? that's the draw of the isekia

poor character design: protagonist who can not attack on his own made a pariah in a matter of days due to being framed, a king who panders to his daughter instead of looking into it and heroes who call themselves heroes but do not even question the accusations.the act of being accused of something and not being able to defend yourself happens all the time in everyday life. and is something many can sympathize with at one level or another

predictable plot: can't all plots be considered predictable? there are few out there that aren't and have you ever heard of the saying "“Its the not the Destination, It's the journey.” as someone familiar with the source material i found satisfaction in the fact all the hard work naofumi put forth just to get by was more effective than the short cuts the other heroes took and paid of in the long run.
unlike other isekai rise of the shield provides you with things others do not and instead of an op protagonist who has everything handed to him he is at a supreme disadvantage which is only made worse, even after the traumatic indecent he still manages to remain to the general extent ethical and moral.

-Gigguk
teh_3v1l_0n3 said:
JudoJD said:

-Gigguk

What are you even...please stop thinking with your emotions for sec

You just explained the reason it's generic. We've seen these story beats and characters a million times over thanks to a lot of japanese creators milking the same idea since it's a model people always fall for. If you didn't get what it was doing by straight up like one minute 7 seconds in with that annoying lazy "I'm an otaku" BS then you wouldn't understand why people who are aware of lazy pandering cause they've seen it season in and season out would find generic.
If something like SAO or black clover is someone's first anime then of course they wouldn't see them as generic. Being generic is neither good or bad. It's just a matter of whether someone's cool with lazy repetitive and template unoriginal ideas which you clearly don't mind so what's your problem with someone else not liking that...You do you. Your best defense in such a situation is to try and explain what about the execution of those ideas in this particular story appealed to you
People don't seriously think the under-powered/weak/"no special ability" protagonist rising up against the world is a new non-generic idea right? cause that's nothing new...maybe to you and some other people who have misinformed views about every isekai being a power fantasy it is. Maybe later you'll see the good ole "I'm weak/have no power in this environment of
skilled/more powerful people. I will show the world reeeeee" and understand why someone wouldn't be impressed with the premise . Dang you made the guy sound like Asta...he's in that original of a situation

Character designs...you think they're good...someone said they think they're bad...what's there to argue about? You're going to make some start

and you haven't said anything good about it...you just stated what any story on the planet has so...??..maybe try even one point? Cause you've explained nothing. Tell me anime that don't have those things you've mentioned so we can see what 0/10 bad by your definition is since it's a statement you somehow see sense in

(and Gigguk?...really?....quoting Gigguk?... please...you're better than that. Don't lower yourself lol)
JudoJDJan 11, 2019 4:52 AM
1.1.Six
Jan 11, 2019 4:31 AM

Jan 2013
JudoJD said:
teh_3v1l_0n3 said:

-Gigguk
teh_3v1l_0n3 said:

-Gigguk

You just explained the reason it's generic. We've seen these story beats and characters a million times over thanks to a lot of japanese creators milking the same idea since it's a model people always fall for. If you didn't get what it was doing by straight up like one minute 7 seconds in with that annoying lazy "I'm an otaku" BS then you wouldn't understand why people who are aware of lazy pandering cause they've seen it season in and season out would find generic. If something like SAO or black clover is someone's first anime then of course they wouldn't see them as generic. Being generic is neither good or bad. It's just a matter of whether someone's cool with lazy repetitive and template unoriginal ideas which you clearly don't mind so what's your problem with someone else not liking that...You do you. Your best defense in such a situation is to try and explain what about the execution of those ideas in this particular story appealed to you

and you haven't said anything good about it...you just stated what every story on the planet has so...maybe try even one point? Cause you've explained nothing

(and Gigguk?...really?... please...you're better than that lol)

Why even bother with someone that instead of defending his/her statements proves yours?
Jan 11, 2019 4:54 AM
Sep 2016
rikkarudo said:
JudoJD said:

You just explained the reason it's generic. We've seen these story beats and characters a million times over thanks to a lot of japanese creators milking the same idea since it's a model people always fall for. If you didn't get what it was doing by straight up like one minute 7 seconds in with that annoying lazy "I'm an otaku" BS then you wouldn't understand why people who are aware of lazy pandering cause they've seen it season in and season out would find generic. If something like SAO or black clover is someone's first anime then of course they wouldn't see them as generic. Being generic is neither good or bad. It's just a matter of whether someone's cool with lazy repetitive and template unoriginal ideas which you clearly don't mind so what's your problem with someone else not liking that...You do you. Your best defense in such a situation is to try and explain what about the execution of those ideas in this particular story appealed to you

and you haven't said anything good about it...you just stated what every story on the planet has so...maybe try even one point? Cause you've explained nothing

(and Gigguk?...really?... please...you're better than that lol)

Why even bother with someone that instead of defending his/her statements proves yours?

That's what I was thinking but seeing the lack of self awareness play out is kinda entertaining
1.1.Six
Jan 11, 2019 7:45 AM

Mar 2011
ButadonMeitantei said:
I'm tired of seeing "Why is this such a high score" and "Why is this such a low score" all the time...
People have different opinions. The majority opinion happens to be against yours.

That's part of it, the other part might be hype, sheep-like trend or hate for something in the show, for the studio or for something someone said. We've seen this on live-action western movies over and over and over again. But to be fair, Shield Bro indeed seems like a better than your average isekai.
Jan 12, 2019 3:02 PM

Aug 2014
Thread locked

We don't need threads for every show about why the score is either high or low according to your opinion. They're extremely pointless and there's really nothing to discuss other than: "Because it was good/bad".

Ripe for bait and trolling too.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

355 by SanessyAdversary »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2019

190 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2019

300 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2019

288 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2019

298 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 6:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.