Forum Settings
Forums

What's an anime you can't stand, despite it having high scores/good reviews?

New
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jan 10, 2019 3:29 AM

Jan 2019
Zekerets said:
Another thread for hipsters circle-jerking their hatred for popular things while ignoring their own shit tastes.

No mate, it's a civil discussion about taste. It's hurting no one. Why even post what you did? Because you're such an anime God? Check your ego.

You could just be a 'proper grown up' and ignore the thread if it doesn't interest you. Ironically, making that above comment makes you more of an edgelord-hipster than anyone in this thread.

Peace out, man :) There's no need to be a twat.
Jan 10, 2019 3:31 AM

Jan 2019
shelra said:
Zekerets said:
Another thread for hipsters circle-jerking their hatred for popular things while ignoring their own shit tastes.

I like this truth, I stopped reading halfway of this forum because I knew if I continued reading, I'd keep on getting more triggered and would want an internet war.

There is no truth in that statement.

The only truth is that if you get triggered by someone having an opinion that is different to yours on a public forum and that incites enough rage to want to start an "internet war" perhaps you should limit yourself to thread topics that you know you will enjoy reading/participating in.

Or grow up a bit. Whatever.
Jan 10, 2019 4:02 AM

Jul 2014
Attack on Titan without a doubt. I also didn't like the first season of Overlord. Still need to watch the others though.
Jan 10, 2019 2:54 PM

May 2016
Not sure since 2018 had good animes.
Jan 11, 2019 6:01 PM

Aug 2014
"Can't stand" is definitely an overstatement but I dropped One Punch Man after Episode 3. I'm a huge superhero guy too, read comics more than I watch anime TBH, but for whatever reason it just didn't click with me. Not really sure why.

Loved Mob Psycho though.
Jan 12, 2019 2:59 AM

Jan 2019
fatboyftw said:
I dropped One Punch Man after Episode 3. I'm a huge superhero guy too, read comics more than I watch anime TBH, but for whatever reason it just didn't click with me. Not really sure why.

It might be because it wasn't really an 'anime' anime if you know what I mean. It was pure satire. Essentially a spoof of shonen anime in general.

I loved it, but I can see why it wouldn't appeal to some people.
Jan 12, 2019 3:12 AM
Sep 2018
I know this isn't a controversial opinion you're looking for but man is Guilty Crown horrible, it's absurdly bad at everything it tries to do. Every single character is boring and infuriating the dialogue is bad the plot is sporadic and its a shame cause the concepts cool and the first episode gave me high expectations.
Jan 12, 2019 3:16 AM
Sep 2018
complice said:
nisekoi

i dropped that shit 3 minutes after the opening

I begrudingly watched all of it both seasons both OVAs, and the best way to describe Nisekoi is a romantic comedy with literally no romance that isn't funny.
Jan 15, 2019 4:19 AM
Jul 2018
I have zero interest in goblin slayer
Jan 15, 2019 5:46 AM

May 2017
basically i cant stand any mainstream shonen action show
Jan 15, 2019 6:26 PM

Apr 2015
"Your favorite anime"

That's the best answer I can give you.
Jan 15, 2019 7:27 PM

May 2018
Mastergold said:
"Your favorite anime"

That's the best answer I can give you.

Good answer. Let's see if it's on the board.
Jan 15, 2019 8:01 PM
Oct 2018
Attack on Titan
Sword Art Online
Gurenn Lagann
Dragon Ball Super
My Hero Academia
i think i've had enough
Jan 15, 2019 8:11 PM
Jul 2018
A few...
Monogatari series - while I do praise it's clever story, animation, characters, etc. Unfortunately, it was too convoluted that it bored me to death
Death Note - characters are sooo uninteresting and sorta annoying
No Game No Life - I don't get why people love this show. It's just your typical ecchi with many cliches
Jan 15, 2019 8:28 PM

Aug 2007
Your Lie in April and Overlord. Have gone over why just too many times before so I won't get into it, but yea. Those two.

Stygian_Prisoner said:
Your Lie in April.
So many people call it a masterpiece, but i found it to be boring, predictable, melodramatic and i absolutely hated the constant out-of-place slapstick comedy.

Oh god I forgot about their attempts at comedy... to say those bits were "poorly timed" would be an understatement.
Jan 15, 2019 8:30 PM
Jul 2017
boyyyye Bakemonogatari and Sword Art Online are boring af. Dropped after 5 episodes, at least I tried.
Jan 16, 2019 11:05 PM

Sep 2017
I'd say season 2 of Code Geass. Everyone decided to be a hypocrite to their own ideals. They also just said fuck you to the tactical and strategic mecha battles, instead it became a contest of who can make the biggest explosion and destroy the most shit. I will say that s2 had by far one of the greatest endings I think I've ever seen in anime.
Are we really gonna make it..?
Jan 17, 2019 1:58 AM

May 2018
karkki_ said:
Grand Blue - So unfunny it actually hurt to watch.

100% mine as well. People kept telling me it was "frat humor brilliance in the styling of Animal House," but I saw none of the rebounding punchline and caper comedy that Animal House offered to us, nor even any particularly decent slapstick or clever jokes -- by the end of the "THAT'S NOT WATER" routine, I was rubbing my eyes and cringing. Definitely a much weaker series than either Asobi Asobase or Hinamatsuri, from my perspective.

While I think Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu is an enjoyable watch for the most part, I don't find it to be the transcendent work that many in the anime community venerate.
Harem is the opiate of the Anime fandom masses.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

73 by traed »»
2 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
6 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 7 hours ago

16 by LenRea »»
8 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

19 by LenRea »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

23 by LenRea »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.