Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 5, 2019 2:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More storytelling about Mavis' past. Watching Fairy Zero before this the series was definitely worth it for this.

Looks like we got more of Brandish this episode. Those feet LOL

As for Zeref, he and his empire are still up to no good. I'm curious to see how the pacing will be carried for the rest of the season. Spriggan 12 is no joke.

Jan 5, 2019 3:40 PM

Aug 2017
Besides that an invasion makes no sense, I like how the bad guys were hyped too much but in the end FT and the plot will crush them all.
NurguburuJan 5, 2019 3:48 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 5, 2019 4:27 PM

Nov 2016
Stark700 said:
Spriggan 12 is a joke.

I'm 100% with you.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 5, 2019 4:29 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode I guess.

I was expecting there to be a little more to Zeref and Mavis's backstory I guess, I thought Zeref would do something after watching her 'die' the way she did. I was expecting Zeref to do essentially what Precht and try to resurrect Mavis. I don't know, maybe he did since they skipped to the part where he gives Mavis' body back.

If that was really right after her 'death' then I don't think I'm sure why Zeref is after the Fairy Heart. Is he just hoping that Natsu can kill him now or something?
Personally, I was hoping Zeref's invasion and his entire 'Spriggan' ordeal was an outcome of his feelings for Mavis and him failing to save her before or something like that. It would've made the invasion much more personal than just 'I want to die'

I really love how everyone supported Mavis after hearing the whole story. Points for OST again.
Mavis is too pure for the world. :( <3

Nurguburu said:
I like how the bad guys were hyped too much but in the end FT and the plot will crush them all.

I wish I could hope it was different this time around since it's the finale but I guess that's how it's gonna be huh? That's kinda disappointing.
Jan 5, 2019 5:00 PM
Oct 2018
[quote=Lelouch0202 message=56653230]Good episode I guess.

I was expecting there to be a little more to Zeref and Mavis's backstory I guess, I thought Zeref would do something after watching her 'die' the way she did. I was expecting Zeref to do essentially what Precht and try to resurrect Mavis. I don't know, maybe he did since they skipped to the part where he gives Mavis' body back.

If that was really right after her 'death' then I don't think I'm sure why Zeref is after the Fairy Heart. Is he just hoping that Natsu can kill him now or something?
Personally, I was hoping Zeref's invasion and his entire 'Spriggan' ordeal was an outcome of his feelings for Mavis and him failing to save her before or something like that. It would've made the invasion much more personal than just 'I want to die'

I really love how everyone supported Mavis after hearing the whole story. Points for OST again.
Mavis is too pure for the world. :( <3

they said in the anime that zeref wanted fairy heart to defeat acnologia but thats not his true goal
Jan 5, 2019 5:18 PM

Jan 2017
Wahey. Brandish foot fetish fan service...
This Secret move of Natsu's seems BS, its probably gonna fail and that Spriggan 12 are going to end up as some underwhelming mini bosses (I guess).

let's see What next week brings; hopefully a new OP and ED since there was a week break... unlikely 'Cause this is potentially long running.
Much like the previous two seasons.
Jan 5, 2019 5:23 PM

Mar 2010
I throw Mavis on the ground, tell Hades "She dead" - and then I walks away in frustration - Zeref

Beter love story then Twilight?
Jan 5, 2019 5:25 PM

Oct 2015
the absolute fcking hypocrisy of ft man,
#zerefdidnothingwrong
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jan 5, 2019 5:44 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, just imagining endless Etherion attacks gave me goosebumps!
Jan 5, 2019 9:22 PM
FMAB is the BEST

Aug 2017
You have 3 studios working on this anime but they don't bother working on the background characters that is so lazy. however the episode it self was pretty good.
Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
Jan 5, 2019 9:25 PM
May 2018
Nurguburu said:
Besides that an invasion makes no sense, I like how the bad guys were hyped too much but in the end FT and the plot will crush them all.

they way most of the bad guys lost had logic in em. except for 4 imo
Jan 6, 2019 2:53 AM

Jun 2014
Nice setup episode, now it's time for things to really start ramping up.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 6, 2019 4:07 AM

Oct 2015
That convo between Precht and Zeref was weird.
"Oh, I didn't notice you have been carrying Mavis until you were right in front of me. Wazzup? She's definitely fine, she must be just taking a nap in your arms, right? Woaah, you dropped her, and she's like a corpse. Must be really sleepy. I'm sure it's alright. Definitely."
Did they seriously just put silhouettes of all the guild-members the entire episode? I don't recall any other time when they did this.

Jan 6, 2019 4:59 AM

Aug 2013
Nice episode. Looking forward to next week's episode.

Jan 6, 2019 5:22 AM

Apr 2011
Another good episode!

The war will finally start. Can't wait for the next ep.

Jan 6, 2019 5:27 AM

Apr 2015
More storytelling on Mavis & Zeref, but also on the events after it. The way Zeref dropped Mavis to the floor... eventho she was already "dead", she didn't deserve that.

Gotta say, I have never really liked Precht (Hades), but after seeing Fairy Tail Zero and the last 2 episodes of the final series, I can see why he has gone to the dark side of magic.

A secret in Natsu's right arm... Natsu is Touma in disguise...

God Serena is a god damn weirdo...

Slim_Lamie said:

Did they seriously just put silhouettes of all the guild-members the entire episode? I don't recall any other time when they did this.

I'm honestly disappointed that they did that, seems to be a first indeed..
Jan 6, 2019 5:46 AM

Jul 2013
Love the hype they are giving to the Spriggan 12 (honorable mention to God Serena, the biggest jobber of the whole manga). Especially while knowing their performance through the arc. Simply wonderful.

Also Wall's design is still as kekworthy as the first time I saw him in the manga.
Jan 6, 2019 7:05 AM

May 2015
waitong fpr invasionnnnnn
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 6, 2019 11:33 AM

May 2016
Next episode gonna be a new start, a start for a war man I can't wait.
Jan 6, 2019 1:19 PM
Apr 2016
Ahhhh great episode! A lot of backstory, jokes, liked this one.
Jan 6, 2019 1:35 PM

Apr 2013
Damn, how ridiculously overpowered is Acnologia if even Zeref and his 12 incredible powerful wizards need unlimited magical power to beat him? What a beast!
Brandish is so odd, best new character so far ^^
Jan 6, 2019 2:38 PM

Jan 2013
Nurguburu said:
Have you checked out the rewritten version of Alvarez arc chapters? I will say Mashima did major enhancements to the series. He made the series flow better and a lot of things that were unexplained were explained. -- it's definitely worth a read if you decide to check it out. The fights were better in it as well. And I believe the anime will go into that manga direction of the rewrite so we're going to be in for a surprise. :)
Jan 6, 2019 4:44 PM
Oct 2018
ShionxChan said:
Nurguburu said:
Have you checked out the rewritten version of Alvarez arc chapters? I will say Mashima did major enhancements to the series. He made the series flow better and a lot of things that were unexplained were explained. -- it's definitely worth a read if you decide to check it out. The fights were better in it as well. And I believe the anime will go into that manga direction of the rewrite so we're going to be in for a surprise. :)

do u have a link to this??
Jan 6, 2019 5:00 PM

Oct 2017
Hopefully none of soon defeated 12 will join Fairy Tail, because then the setup of one person saying something provocative and every other character being shown gasping with an O face will take an entire episode to get through.
Jan 6, 2019 5:05 PM

Oct 2014
Anyone know how much of this series is left, not counting filler arcs? I think the manga has ended but I wouldn't put it past a-1 pictures to throw in an extra arc to extend the series run.
Jan 6, 2019 5:35 PM

Sep 2018
Best parts were the Brandish and God Serena scenes. Apart from that a pretty average episode at best.
Jan 6, 2019 5:36 PM

Oct 2015
I just love it when Fairy tail pumps itself up for the upcoming battles. Natsu is really eager to face Zeref, now I hope that is going to be epically animated.

good episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 7, 2019 1:22 AM
Oct 2013
plutodiplomat said:
Anyone know how much of this series is left, not counting filler arcs? I think the manga has ended but I wouldn't put it past a-1 pictures to throw in an extra arc to extend the series run.
According to the amount of blurays posted on the anime's website, it should end in september, so ~51 episodes for the third series.
Jan 7, 2019 9:45 AM
May 2018
Alvarez arc rewritten version :

many spoiler :P
KokushiboJan 7, 2019 9:48 AM
Jan 7, 2019 1:12 PM

Apr 2018
Alvaress mcuh stronger than Fary Tail, they need help from all other guilds to defend all continent.
Jan 7, 2019 2:38 PM
Mar 2018
The friendship and bonds stuff is now really saturating my mind!!!!!!
Jan 8, 2019 11:20 AM
Mar 2015
It is pretty clear right from the start that Zeref just wants to die and knows that his brother Natsu(END) is the only one that can do that and kill Acologia
Jan 8, 2019 6:42 PM

Jan 2013
Khal_Russ said:
ShionxChan said:

do u have a link to this??

Yes, I do. Here ya go.
https://www.reddit.com/r/alvarezrewrite/comments/6gjo41/central_thread_what_is_the_alvarez_rewrite/
Jan 9, 2019 10:34 AM

Jan 2018
Some people are mad at Zeref for throwing Mavis to the ground... I thought Zeref did that because of the whole 'the more you value life, the more it dies around you' thing. Like he felt after she went into this half-dead state that he should be really careful not to care about anyone anymore. He has to deliberately hate life so that people, like Precht in that scene, don't die. Curse of Ankhselam must be horrible to have psychologically.

Still feels bad to see Mavis thrown like that.
Jan 9, 2019 11:34 AM

Dec 2014
ok nice build up ...but let's see how it progresses
Jan 12, 2019 11:15 AM

Jan 2015
This is so predictable to what will happen. Even who will fight whom.
Jan 16, 2019 1:25 PM

May 2014
Cool ep., but some mysterious questions remains that makes us only anime-watchers confused.

1. Fist of all how does her body contain infinite magic? What is the source, where does it come from?
2. If her body is "dead" and she is unconscious, how come is she present in front of her guild mates/or better said her Guild members.

These two questions still remains unanswered. I hope this get explain further in the season. I also want to know Natsu's secret weapon. Must be something really amazing. Maybe something related to that technique Cana used on Tenrou Island arc. Anyways, cool ep. and 6 of the members got introduced. 3 other names were mentioned. That remains 3 member which aren't mentioned.

I hope these one gets a proper introduction and proper fights. Hopefully the two mysterious questions about Mavis also get answered. From people I have heard about this arcs bad reputation. At least I hope we we get the answers we wonder so much about. :D
Jan 28, 2019 8:25 PM

Sep 2017
Well everything is set up and the battle is gonna start. Don't really think Hiro is capable of writing fights with these OP 12 wizards that don't involve victory by friendship, but we'll see. The only hope is Natsu who is supposedly made to kill Zeref, so should probably be stronger than the others if he knew how to use all his power or whatever.
Jan 29, 2019 8:20 AM

Jan 2016
ProofByColor said:
Well everything is set up and the battle is gonna start. Don't really think Hiro is capable of writing fights with these OP 12 wizards that don't involve victory by friendship, but we'll see. The only hope is Natsu who is supposedly made to kill Zeref, so should probably be stronger than the others if he knew how to use all his power or whatever.

Oh of course they'll win via the power of friendship. At this point, I wouldn't have it any other way.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Feb 14, 2019 5:41 AM
Dec 2017
So Mavis really because of Zeref ?? so he stop loving her or still love from the heart .. good goood .. cool story...

Feb 14, 2019 10:52 PM

Dec 2013
Nice to get the rest of the backstory.

Brandish’s reaction to god Serena was funny.

The build up to the end actually got me pretty hype even though I already read the manga.
Feb 21, 2019 3:24 PM

Feb 2018
They tried any way to save Mavis.
Apr 29, 2019 1:25 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
INTENSE PREP FOR WAR !!!!!!! ALL SIDES
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 2, 2019 12:16 PM

Oct 2013
I expected... more to the backstory, some sort of reaction from Zeref or something. I understand this direction narratively, but I still feel a bit let down. I'm hoping there's more to Zeref's ambition than what's been revealed. He discussed with Acnologia wanting to exterminate both humans and dragons. Is that true, or a ploy? And what of his wish to die? I'm certain there must be some sort of development with his relationship to Mavis, as well... I'm hoping for a true Basilisk style ending for those two.

Mavis and Zeref are two of the best characters in this show.

So, uh, everyone from Alvarez acts within the acceptable range of normal human behavior, then God Serena has his moment and it's just... is it just Ishgar? Is everyone from Ishgar retarded? Is that why the overwhelming majority of Fairy Tail characters are memes? Honestly, just massacre the continent, Zeref.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 3, 2019 1:43 AM

Dec 2012
Zeref brought Mavis to FT.
Dat drop.
Mavis heart is still beating.
Yuriy passed away 3 years later?
Fairy Heart.
Limitless magic.
Natsu's right arm holds a secret weapon.
Marin is alive.
He can only use it one time.
God Serena in the flesh.
A disappointment as a man.
Bloodman. Neinhart. Wall.
Acnologia.

2 chapters.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 5, 2020 2:39 PM

Apr 2014
Well if Natsu says he is 100% sure, I have to believe him, right? WRONG
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Jul 16, 2020 1:28 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing all the stuff Precht has gone through, I now really understand why he became Hades.

Man they really hype up the spriggan 12. I wonder what Natsu's secret weapon is.
UnkrownedJul 16, 2020 3:15 AM

Sep 3, 2020 2:52 AM

May 2018
Now this is pure hype haha. Brandish feet are the best!
Mar 16, 2022 8:58 PM

May 2020
Either I missed the explanation of the origins of Mavis being able to project herself earlier in the series, or they just opted to just skip over that completely... as they didn't even bring it up in this episode.

In that 30+ years of Precht trying to revive her & somehow just discovering "unlimited magic" in the process (great detail with that explanation too btw...), no mention of her just being able to appear all over the world when she wants, talking to people again, granting people the ability to wield ultimate spells, etc.

Even if they explained it earlier in the series & I forgot, I can't imagine it's a satisfying reason behind it. Suggesting Zeref wants Fairy Heart to kill Acnologia implies he needs it to win, but in that case, wouldn't he just be happy Acnologia could finally kill him? It's all so convoluted...
“No, you can’t have a show where everybody’s Krillin!” – Shinpachi
Sep 27, 2022 10:23 AM

May 2020
Imagine hyping a bunch of bad villains this much.. i wonder how many times we went through the same thing. Though who cares, just believe in Nakama powers supremacy.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What is the reason for so much hatred for fairy tail series ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Jan 29

45 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 12, 11:55 AM

» Any theories ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 3

16 by MiraStraussFan99 »»
Mar 10, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

202 by amlg »»
Jan 25, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

60 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2019

38 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.