Forum Settings
Forums
Jan 4, 12:31 PM

I am looking for a good manga to read and i heard so much about Monster beeing a masterpiece.
Currently reading Yami no matsuei but unfortunately it is unfinished yet

As you can see from my profile i am usually a battle shounen Fan but i also like a good Story with character devolpment.
Not so much rape, sexual or depresssing things

Do you think someone like me would enjoy reading Monster?
I am interesting about you opinions

Jan 4, 2:13 PM
Monster is a masterpiece from ep 25 till the end. As for 1-24 they are not as good as the Land of Waves Arc of Naruto.

I say watch the anime. The first 24 eps are kinda hard to pass, but from 25 its a masterpiece that u will wish never ended.

So yeah 1-24(7/10) 25-74 (10/10)

Jan 4, 2:40 PM

SinOfSlothKing said:
Monster is a masterpiece from ep 25 till the end. As for 1-24 they are not as good as the Land of Waves Arc of Naruto.

I say watch the anime. The first 24 eps are kinda hard to pass, but from 25 its a masterpiece that u will wish never ended.

Was it so hard to read to understand he talked about the manga.

Anyway, it's hard to say, from your manga and anime lists, you haven't read/seen anything like Monster. Monster is a thriller, and a very good one, with a very slow pacing, a lot of build up, great characters and a not always linear story telling. No rape or shit like that there, and excellent character developpment (I particulary like Runge). But I really advice you to read it.

Jan 4, 6:09 PM
ドリフト

yes, you should read the manga! i thought it was great

dreams, dreams. i walk them; i live them.
i delude myself with them. it’s a wonder i
can spot the reality anymore in this world.

forum sets

Jan 5, 8:09 AM

Turtles_Hunter said:
SinOfSlothKing said:

Was it so hard to read to understand he talked about the manga.

Anyway, it's hard to say, from your manga and anime lists, you haven't read/seen anything like Monster. Monster is a thriller, and a very good one, with a very slow pacing, a lot of build up, great characters and a not always linear story telling. No rape or shit like that there, and excellent character developpment (I particulary like Runge). But I really advice you to read it.

Yes i am thinking about reading the manga not the anime
I like interesting thrillers but not so much depresssing stuff

Jan 5, 8:59 AM

What makes Monster so great in my opinion are the people the protagonist meets and interacts with on his journey and how even side characters have a development arc. Every one of them feel like real people with real problems. Maybe it's just me but shounen aren't all that different from what I described.

do not cower before the [CLASSIFIED]. you shall
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

to attain victory.

Mar 10, 12:26 PM
boii said:
What makes Monster so great in my opinion are the people the protagonist meets and interacts with on his journey and how even side characters have a development arc. Every one of them feel like real people with real problems. Maybe it's just me but shounen aren't all that different from what I described.
well put not to mention the dichotomy between Johan and tenma