Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 3, 2019 2:52 PM
Apr 2017
Do you ever feel like you add too much to your lists, but never find the time to do so? Instead your lists only get longer, but you don't seem to be getting anywhere with them, even if you try and binge watch/ read?
Jan 4, 2019 8:54 AM

May 2008
I feel this. I have tons of books I want to read and tons of shows/anime I want to watch. I'm sort of getting somewhere with my anime list, but not so much with my book list. Hopefully I'll get to them soon.
Jan 4, 2019 9:12 AM

Sep 2011
Not in my case because there are very few anime spark my interest so my PTW list never gets bigger. By that, once I got time to watch anime, easily I will pick something on my PTW list.

Jan 4, 2019 10:53 AM

Dec 2016
definitely, and there's some stuff on there that i'll doubt i'll ever read but i'm keeping on just in case. my manga ptr list is a bit more grounded though.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Jan 4, 2019 11:03 AM

May 2016
I feel like if I add stuff to my PTW I'll feel guilty if I don't ever get to them. Most of my PTW is usually stuff that hasn't aired but recently I've been adding more to it.

Jan 4, 2019 11:14 AM

Nov 2018
xHime-chan said:
Do you ever feel like you add too much to your lists, but never find the time to do so? Instead your lists only get longer, but you don't seem to be getting anywhere with them, even if you try and binge watch/ read?

YES! Oh God Yes, the list always grows, and just when i've chipped a chunk of the list down, I see another couple of Anime that makes me think "Yeah i'd enjoy that I think", add it to the list, then it just sits there until I get round to buying the set, then it sits on my desk with the rest of the pile lol
Jan 4, 2019 11:40 AM

Mar 2017
I used to not even use that function cuz I new I would add one million entries into it. I use it now it's hard to get through it. My video game backlog doesn't help either
Jan 4, 2019 12:37 PM
Apr 2017
Ponds667 said:
I feel like if I add stuff to my PTW I'll feel guilty if I don't ever get to them. Most of my PTW is usually stuff that hasn't aired but recently I've been adding more to it.

I feel you. You look at it, and it's like well which show/ manga now? Would it be better to read/ watch this first? etc.
Jan 4, 2019 12:38 PM
Apr 2017
ArbiterUK said:
xHime-chan said:

YES! Oh God Yes, the list always grows, and just when i've chipped a chunk of the list down, I see another couple of Anime that makes me think "Yeah i'd enjoy that I think", add it to the list, then it just sits there until I get round to buying the set, then it sits on my desk with the rest of the pile lol

Haha I see. Especially when new stuff comes out.
Jan 4, 2019 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
Yes, I have anime on my Plan To Watch list, that have been sitting there for quite sometime now lol. One of these days I'm going to just have to drop everything else and focus on completing them one by one.
Jan 4, 2019 1:20 PM
Jul 2018
I'm fairly new to anime so everyime I finish a show on my PTW I end up adding 10 more...
Jan 4, 2019 1:42 PM

Jul 2016
I always buy mangas/books, but never have the time to read them.

And that's the same with anime. My have to watch list just gets longer and longer :/

I remember back then, no one would play with me.
I was always alone.
~Jian Yi
Jan 4, 2019 2:38 PM

Mar 2018
Yes and no. On my anime PTW the more I have the more I feel satisfied because it just means I have a constant stream of new animes to watch. However, when it comes to manga it's a bit more of a chore since I have to be in a certain mood to read.

"Ehehehe.....I did my best!" - Pururut
Jan 4, 2019 5:48 PM

May 2016
i used to have 200+ manga in my ptr and it gave my a lot of anxiety that i wasn't anywhere near reading it so i removed everything

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Jan 4, 2019 10:12 PM

Jul 2016
i have like a permanently huge to-read and to-watch list :( i really want to get around
to all of it but lately i've had even less time than usual since i've been really swamped
at work - also age is really making me lazier...

grouper - no other

0:00 ●━━━━━━─────── 3:46

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

⁞⁞⁞ purple cause baal is my wife  ⁞⁞⁞
Jan 4, 2019 11:09 PM

Jun 2015
YES
i have a huge list for watching and i always fear that ill never end up watching everything. im trying my best to blow through it all, but i just keep adding and adding and its terrible for me
Jan 4, 2019 11:33 PM
May 2016
i have a huge plan to watch list, and i used to hate how big it was. but nowadays i feel zero pressure to complete it, so now i like seeing over 400 anime on there, just means i have plenty of variety in picking what i want to watch and have a pretty steady flow of stuff to watch
Jan 4, 2019 11:39 PM
Jul 2018
Only thing that suck is when I add something to my reading list but it isn't fully translated or translated at all.
Jan 5, 2019 12:34 AM

Aug 2014
I have 186 animes in my Plan to Watch and i've only watched like 2 animes in 2 years

Jan 5, 2019 1:57 PM

Jul 2014
Tensoon said:
I have 186 animes in my Plan to Watch and i've only watched like 2 animes in 2 years

Same
Also there is the moment when instead of the animes in my ptw list I start several other shows

Jan 5, 2019 2:00 PM
Apr 2017
Do you ever end up watching them at the same time? Just out of curiosity.
Jan 5, 2019 2:02 PM

Jul 2015
Despite its name, I don't explicitly plan to watch everything that's on my plan to watch list.
To me, it's just like a bookmark system where I put mildly interesting stuff that I may want to take a second look at again, at a later point.

A precursor to an actual plan to watch list, if you will.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Jan 7, 2019 10:49 AM
Apr 2017
GuenniTV said:
I always buy mangas/books, but never have the time to read them.

And that's the same with anime. My have to watch list just gets longer and longer :/

I'm envious haha. Would love to have a large collection of the mangas I read.
Jan 7, 2019 11:56 AM
Aug 2016
That's why I don't add too much to my lists. I am aware I don't have much free time to watch/read everything, so I simply don't add.
Jan 7, 2019 3:12 PM

Oct 2015
i tend to add so many things to my ptr and ptw list, and sometimes when i feel like it's getting too big i remove a bunch of stuff so it becomes easier to clear the lists.
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Jan 8, 2019 1:02 PM
ぎりぎりセーフ

Oct 2015
I add stuff to my list that grabs my attention at some point, and then they usually stay in the ptw list. Occasionally I'll remove a few in the list because I've realised I actually didn't want to watch them anyways. I'm rarely in the same mood I was when I added them, so I find a new show outsite of the ptw that seemed like a good fit at the time.

For not-yet aired shows, they'll stay if I find that my hype died by the time they started airing, or that I was too busy to start it seasonally.

*I like to look at the ptw as where anime goes to die*

More topics from this board

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 2 hours ago

10 by KittenCuddler »»
7 minutes ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 16 minutes ago

0 by vasipi4946 »»
16 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

672 by MadanielFL »»
20 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

45 by Crystepsi »»
42 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

19 by Crystepsi »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.