Forum Settings
Forums

I'm looking for new manga to read, but i'm rather picky. Can I still get some recommendations ?

New
Jan 2, 2019 2:05 PM
Mar 2008
First, happy new year here !
I'm new to this group and I'm looking for...recommendations !!

I like reading new manga but as I said i'm unfortunately quite picky. I'm looking for manga which fit the most the below criteria:

1-good story/scenario or with good development (not some dumb plot or something too cliche)

2-rather good drawing (I admit that there can be exceptions if the story is so good that one can forget about the drawings like in " Fantastic Children").

3- It can be slice of life/romance/drama+/ mystery/ eventually a bit of comedy or adventure/sci-fi...kind of manga (it can be manga/webtoon/ manwha...or anime if the manga does not exist.)

4- No mecha /no hentai / no shojo-ai/ no yuri /no ecchi/ not too much sport-oriented /not too much horror-type / Not too psychological

5-Good ending would be most appreciated (if the manga series has already ended).

6-I like whenever the main character is rather smart/ or have some hidden powers/ or mysterious or dark past/or isnt too smart but still get to be badass (like in "Angel Densetsu")/or really strong (like in "light and shadow").

I have an incomplete/more or less accurate MAL list, but you can still check it.
Thx for ur recommendations !
guuJan 3, 2019 11:02 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 2, 2019 7:54 PM

Nov 2014
guu said:

As I like reading new manga but as I said i'm unfortunately quite picky. I'm looking for manga which fit the most the below criteria:

1-good story/scenario or with good development (not some dumb plot or something too cliche)

2-rather good drawing (I admit that there can be exceptions if the story is so good that one can forget about the drawings like in " Fantastic Children").

3- It can be slice of life/romance/drama+/ mystery/ eventually a bit of comedy or adventure/sci-fi...kind of manga (it can be manga/webtoon/ manwha...or anime if the manga does not exist.)

4- No mecha /no hentai / no shojo-ai/ no yuri /no ecchi/ not too much sport-oriented /not too much horror-type / Not too psychological

5-Good ending would be most appreciated (if the manga series has already ended).

6-I like whenever the main character is rather smart/ or have some hidden powers/ or mysterious or dark past/or isnt too smart but still get to be badass (like in "Angel Densetsu")/or really strong (like in "light and shadow").

I have an incomplete/more or less accurate MAL list, but you can still check it.

Hello Guu

A recommendation I have is Rainbow . I watched the anime and read a bit of the manga and it is very good. The story and character development is amazing. I would suggest to start with the anime and if you liked it got to the manga.
Jan 3, 2019 11:00 AM
Mar 2008
Davido650 said:

Hello Guu

A recommendation I have is Rainbow . I watched the anime and read a bit of the manga and it is very good. The story and character development is amazing. I would suggest to start with the anime and if you liked it got to the manga.

Thx ! I'll look into it !
---
Edit : Ok, after skipping some parts, I've seen roughly 80-90% (probably too much) of the anime Rainbow.

Mmm...The drawings aren't that bad but, but the chara-design is probably too cliche.What I mean is the fact that super-pervert-crazy guys can't be drawn more explicitly than in that anime. You want to recognise the vilain? here it is ! You can't miss it (unless your blind and deaf) !

Plus, I admit that in prison (and probably during that historic period), one does not expect to live super happy moments everyday, but i seriously don"t see the point in going to such lenghts to try making the viewer feel pity by hearing every single over-dramatic story told, or by seeing some unfair beating treatments each episode.
It was so obvious that the author was trying to get in that dramatic direction, that it ended up letting me way too indifferent. I didn"t get to be moved or sad at all by seeing all this, cause I couldnt even feel empathy for those characters. The friendship, the sacrifices, the tears were all wasted by the clumsy story-telling.

But that"s my personal opinion. Everyone has his own tastes in anime.
guuJan 7, 2019 3:57 PM
Jan 7, 2019 4:02 PM
Mar 2008

Thx for the recommendations. I even saw that there was an Ai Yazawa title. I don"t remember whether or no I read that already. I'm ashamed not being able to remember cause I really like her works...
Jan 9, 2019 7:31 PM

May 2013
seconding the rainbow recommendation. you should also try buddha and homunculus, both seem to be loved or hated, so it's worth seeing where you stand. ^-^
Jan 19, 2019 1:27 AM
Mar 2008
bilegeyser said:
seconding the rainbow recommendation. you should also try buddha and homunculus, both seem to be loved or hated, so it's worth seeing where you stand. ^-^

I've made my comment on Rainbow already. Didn't like much, but still thx for the other recommendations/
Jan 20, 2019 6:22 AM
Nov 2018
Hoshi no samidare, the caracter is very loveable. the drawing is good enough i think, especially the action scene is very epic
Jan 24, 2019 8:36 PM
Oct 2018
guu said:

I like reading new manga but as I said i'm unfortunately quite picky. I'm looking for manga which fit the most the below criteria:

The Promised Neverland / Yakusoku No Neverland is really good. Although you said not too much psychological and horror, I'm sure you'd enjoy this. It's dark but not too heavy. I'm probably not helping by ignoring those 2 things you said but trust me, you'll love it.
Feb 17, 2019 7:52 AM
Mar 2008

The Promised Neverland / Yakusoku No Neverland is really good. Although you said not too much psychological and horror, I'm sure you'd enjoy this. It's dark but not too heavy. I'm probably not helping by ignoring those 2 things you said but trust me, you'll love it.

Thanks for you recommandations, i'll take a look.
Feb 17, 2019 7:53 AM
Mar 2008
Smdr01 said:
Hoshi no samidare, the caracter is very loveable. the drawing is good enough i think, especially the action scene is very epic

Thx, i'll check it out.
Feb 20, 2019 6:20 AM

Apr 2011
If you don't mind romance, please try Emma (manga). It's one of my top ten manga.
Feb 21, 2019 9:34 AM
Dec 2016
monster, i am a hero, planets, all you need is kill, Onanie Master Kurosawa, Uzumaki, any junji ito manga.
Feb 23, 2019 6:11 AM
Jan 2019
todowoxx said:
guu said:

also recommending the promised neverland since it was also recommended for me
believe me i hate horrors but this, I love it
;-; this is my first time in a forum, i just made this account
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

imperlast - Jun 14, 2010

1415 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 8:21 PM

» Mecha Manga

PlasticRobot - Feb 23

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Feb 23, 7:05 PM

» Recomend any manga and i will read it!!

Tamurax - Feb 2

2 by Fauzy_Weliady »»
Feb 5, 7:15 PM

» Guys, check my paintings - Tribute to Makoto Shinkai

mufarari - Jan 13

1 by Tamurax »»
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

» I need manga

Charizardexbb - Jan 28

0 by Charizardexbb »»
Jan 28, 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.