Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2019 11:08 PM

Aug 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I can't believe no's commented on this yet.

Flight 005 Conspiracy is a pretty good OVA but it's still outdone imo by the TV series two-parter storyline with a similar mystery of missing passengers. TV spoilers:

Another small continuity problem is Gooley's Chief Inspector Dreyfus impression since, the last time we saw him in the TV series, he had respect for the pair's competence. It's like a rest button was pushed.

This is also a darker bit of business than the typical for Dirty Pair TV episode, especially the somber ending that is actually out of character for this franchise (I mean, in episode 3 of the OVA series Kei witnesses another man she thinks is cute die, and she responds with a sarcastic quip). They've made Kei quite sentimental in Project Eden and Flight 005 it seems. I'm starting to think Affair on Nolandia is maybe my favorite of three features lol
Jul 10, 2019 7:04 AM

Apr 2014
really liked this one imo this is the best out of the original dirty pair so far

have yet to watch the movie which im about to right after this but yeah this is my first time going through dirty pair but i am loving the series hopefully the movie will also be really good
"one step at a time"
Nov 11, 2019 4:51 PM

Aug 2012
I liked this OVA quite alot. Initially the plot was quite alot to keep on top of but eventually I did and I enjoyed this for the 60 minutes or so it runs. I think the last 20 minutes of this are pretty good and that final act felt like it arrived quite quickly so the rest of the OVA was engaging.

I agree the chief basically resetting with the girls was abit weird, done for humor I guess but abit jarring after coming to this immediately after the OVAs.

Next I'll be watching Project Eden and then hoping for all its changes that Dirty Pair Flash keeps up the quality of the last few Dirty Pair things I've watched.
Jan 13, 2020 11:33 AM

Jun 2013
Rare sad ending for this franchise...
Jul 14, 2022 1:20 AM
Jul 2020
Definitely my favorite Dirty Pair movie of the trilogy as its substantial story, serious tone and sorrowful conclusion really left a lasting impression in a way the previous films could only say about the animation quality. While Project Eden's impressive animation and nifty soundtrack remains superior to this movie, this clever and engaging plot kept my attention far more consistently and left me moved far more than I could have ever expected.
Jan 6, 2023 8:16 PM

Jun 2016
I liked this movie, but even after rewatching it I'm still wondering how Yuri survived that explosion in the ignol factory and why Kei didn't have as strong of a reaction I thought she would from finding out her partner is actually still alive. And unless I missed something, couldn't they have picked up Dick with their ship? Did they let him die for no reason?
Lost_VikingJan 6, 2023 8:51 PM
Jul 7, 2023 12:20 AM

Oct 2010
same energy as your usual dirty pair, I would have loved more sexy scenes though but it was ok, we got explosions and gun battles.
Perfect ending to the franchize, it just ended as a normal dirty pair episode
8/10
Feb 12, 7:20 PM
Feb 2022
And with this i ended up the original Dirty Pair. Let's see if the "new" Dirty Pair can keep up with the original. I'm going to miss this Yuri, and Kei.

Spanish translation:
Y con esto he terminado el Dirty Pair original. Veamos si el nuevo "Dirty Pair" puede seguir al original. Extrañare a estas Yuri y Kei.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.