Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 9, 2018 8:22 AM

Apr 2018
New pic is pretty awful tbh ..........
Jan 3, 2019 4:02 AM
Jan 2019
Do you all think they should take a season 2of slam dunk? (The National Championships). I really want that and I will be very happy if they do it.
Feb 25, 2019 7:02 PM

May 2010
Finally able to re-watch and complete this nostalgic anime! Great ending. Just hoping there will be a season 2 to finish the national championship.
Jun 17, 2019 6:04 PM

Oct 2015
That was a nice shot by Hanamichi and a good slam dunk to end both the match and the series! Still think Rukawa was outmatched by Sendo, that guy is a true Ace. I see Akagi considers Sakuragi a bit of a rival, since he always grabbed those rebounds from him. Nice win from Shohoku, but I wanted them to win by a large margin to show that they've grown tremendously. I also wanted to see them in the nationals, I guess I won't know.

Overall this wasn't great for me, I endured this mediocre of a series. I felt like the MC played basketball just to show off to a girl, there wasn't that deep passionate love for the sport from him and it sickened me. I didn't see any fuss over other than he was really tall and could jump high, he didn't respect anything or anyone, in other words he lacked any sportsmanship. What does it say to the viewer or lover of basketball? That you should make a mockery out of the sport? As a basketball character I hated Hanamichi but as a funny character I liked him, but since the show was about basketball and I expected a basketball player who would appreciate the game later on, I don't like him. Akagi and Rukawa were better characters than him in terms of basketball characters. If I wanted mediocre characters I would've watched a comedy anime.

In terms of animation it lacked direction and that could be blamed to Toei of course, That studio still sucks even to today. Those long previous episode previews were unnecessary and those long flashbacks. It was like watching one piece-bad animation and bad characterizations. I also felt Hanamichi did whatever he wanted without any repercussions, this thing seemed to promote delinquency to the sport. They should've made him change his ways slowly in the show by making him appreciate basketball more, in other words a rude awakening. I'm not saying I was looking for a serious basketball series but they could've done better. Kuroko and Diamond no ace were better at making their characters, hell even Haikyuu was better. How can you call someone who doesn't pass to his teammate just because of jealousy a basketball character? Come on this shit doesn't even deserve to be past 8.00 in rating. It was mediocre and lacked the tenacity to promote the sport even if it wasn't their intentions, I hated it! It also lacked fire and passion. In terms of comedy it did fine.

This needs a good reboot form a studio like madhouse or anything besides Toei or JC staff.

5/10.
lihle808Jun 17, 2019 6:08 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 25, 2019 8:37 PM

May 2015
i guess it's time to read the manga.
Dec 24, 2019 12:17 AM

May 2018
Time for the manga!!!

Feb 14, 2020 7:55 PM

Sep 2018
Last episode huhu

Even this anime is so old, it's still the best basketball sports anime until now. There's annoying like gang violence and TOO MANY flashbacks but this is very very enjoyable anime, very funny and the game match is good, I love the character design (very realistic) I can even imagine the real life Miyagi because he looks like Bruno Mars hahaha I love the story, the drama and everything. Nothing can beat this, the original sports anime and actually new sports anime have in common with Slam dunk because Slam dunk start it all.

I won't request for a reboot but I need the continuation of this.. (please animate the InterHigh!!!) .. time to read the manga! :)

9/10
Apr 22, 2020 4:23 PM

Jul 2009
After finishing this weeks ago. I finally got to comment on this.

What can I say? What a way to end the series! But I do know they could have continued this since the manga went beyond this.

Shame, it seems Inoue doesn't want anymore of his works being animated due to some creative differences with the Slam Dunk Anime Studio.

Some possible spoilers ahead.

https://htttpotaku.wordpress.com/2018/11/11/why-did-the-slam-dunk-anime-stop-before-the-inter-high-tournament/

This is why you don't even see any of Inoue's works being animated after Slam Dunk. Even the legendary Vagabond which is on hiatus, never got a hint of any animation watsoever.

Shame, since they really could have animated the Inter-High.

Oh well. Still an amazing show and it made me comeback to Basketball!! Now I want to play Basketball after this!!

I guess I'll read the manga in the mean time. Already finished the Movies which I'll comment on them as well!

10/10. This would have ascended beyond Godlike if they animated Inter-High with Slam Dunk Movie animation!!

Jul 14, 2020 10:27 PM
May 2020
still the most legendary sports anime ever!!! Unberivaburiya! I heard last year that it'll get season 2 but there's still no update. I'm looking forward for the nationals! Want to see the team to grow or improve more especially Sakuragi. SHOHOKU FIGHT!!!
Jul 14, 2020 10:28 PM
May 2020
Old but gold!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 3, 2020 5:13 PM

Feb 2014
Ahh yes Sakuragi ending it with a Slam Dunk, only fitting!
Rukawa has improved a lot too! Guess I am going to have to give the manga a go... hopefully it's better.
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Dec 3, 2020 5:14 PM

Feb 2014

LOOOL, this is hilarious!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Dec 10, 2020 11:27 AM

Jul 2020
Honestly this was a tough watch for the first 30ish episodes but the show pulled through with the character building. Despite the shit pacing and animation budget, this is a 8/10 for me. Better than Kuroko no Basket imo
Jan 1, 2021 8:42 PM

Aug 2018
Beautiful anime. 10/10.
Sakuragi, his gang, and Shohoku basketball team were some of the best anime characters ive seen.

I will be reading the manga to see what happens at the nationals

Jan 13, 2021 12:37 AM

Feb 2019
I thought it would be a Masterpiece anime
But i didn't thought i have to give it 6/10

It went downhill after the kainan match,it got so boring.., i wanted to finish it as soon as possible
Shame,i wanted to enjoy it more

I hate that After 100 episodes sakuragi is still weak...
The best thing i like in slam dunk is characters
Sakuta002766Jan 13, 2021 12:43 AM
Apr 27, 2021 10:56 PM

Dec 2020
Fine Anime with a great story, never thought I'd watch one based on sports!

I feel like the show definitely was a bit slow, but because of the characters, I did ultimately bond with them. There were a few annoying times where I wish Sakuragi would stop regressing into past immature states.

Even though the last few episodes were filler, I thought they were enjoyable.

7.5/10 show. I'll push it up to an 8 because it is old and for its time, I can't complain about the animation.

Looking forward to picking up from the manga.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out If I'm really alive."
May 19, 2021 6:41 AM
Mar 2021
that ending hits different:(
Jun 30, 2021 11:36 PM
Jun 2021
And the end has come.. i had fun. ill will miss them.
Jan 4, 2022 2:27 AM

Jul 2020
Never really thought I would enjoy this, glad I really gave it a chance! Now it's time for me to read the manga!

I've been researching if the new movie that they will release this 2022 is a reboot or continuation but still no luck. I'm really crossing my fingers that it will be a sequel. Nevertheless, if it's a reboot maybe if the film gets good feedback they might release a sequel as well. Damn, I hate unfinished anime but Slam Dunk is one of the exceptions LOL.
Apr 2, 2022 7:31 AM

Aug 2020
That last match ended up with a very positive note in me, fortunately, even though it started off roughly. This has been a really great rewatch; def a solid 9/10. Can't wait for the movie!

Jan 20, 2023 10:57 PM

Apr 2022
great episode but i can't believe they ended it right before the national championship AND LEFT IT FOR 3 DECADES.
regardless, i was hoping they'd play OP1 for the last time and they actually did. 
this show had pacing issues but that's just toei being toei. 
on the other hand, the music was fire, the animation was fire for its time, i loved the art style (probably my favorite in all of anime now), the character designs were great and the comedy was on point. enjoyed the 101-episode journey, 9/10.

onto the manga and also, i can't wait to watch the new slam dunk movie now.
Jan 26, 2023 8:01 AM

Jan 2023
It's just amazing, cried twice

Profile   ●   Website

Feb 7, 2023 6:56 AM

Oct 2009
Wait. I didn't know the anime ends like this!!
Oh man I enjoyed this way more than I expected too. But tbh it wasn't about the sport, it was more of the comedy and the characters that made me love it.
9/10
Guess I'll read the manga.
Feb 14, 2023 6:53 AM

Apr 2022
best episode and best sport anime ever🧡🧡 (S-L-A-M-D-U-N-K)
Mar 16, 2023 3:09 AM
Mar 2023
I love you Slam Dunk ♥️
Mar 21, 2023 2:38 PM

Aug 2022
This anime inspired me more than any piece of media I have ever seen.   I watched it on a streaming site in 2011, when I was still in high school and on the basketball team.  I played basketball my whole life not because I wanted to, but because my dad forced me.  It caused a lot of problems in our relationship because he was very clearly trying to use me to realize a dream that he never achieved, and because Im actually taller than him and was good at the sport, the expectations he put on me were enormous, impossible really.  

While watching Slam Dunk I came to the conclusion I could play basketball for my own reasons and not because I had to do it.  It might be a silly anime from the 90s but for the teenager me ten+ years ago needed this desperately.
Jun 30, 2023 1:36 AM
Jun 2023
It was amazing, the anime was very different from a stereotypical sports anime. The defeat against Kainan added a more realistic touch and funnily enough, that defeat made the anime worthwhile for me. It combines slice of life, comedy and sports elements very nicely. Loved it:}
Jun 30, 2023 1:37 AM
Jun 2023
It was amazing, the anime was very different from a stereotypical sports anime. The defeat against Kainan added a more realistic touch and funnily enough, that defeat made the anime worthwhile for me. It combines slice of life, comedy and sports elements very nicely. Loved it:}
Mar 25, 3:53 AM
Aug 2022
Sakuragi Hanamichi the Basketball Man.
Great way end the match. Slam Dunk!!!.
National championship is in their hands soon.
25th March 2024 at 16:18 Hrs IST.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slam Dunk Episode 27 Discussion

jacobpaige - Jun 8, 2010

25 by Koumazoku »»
Feb 17, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Slam Dunk Episode 79 Discussion

Jawaese - Aug 10, 2011

9 by kensherman902 »»
Jan 20, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Slam Dunk Episode 41 Discussion

Jawaese - Jul 31, 2011

14 by kudzuken »»
Jan 1, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Slam Dunk Episode 40 Discussion

Jawaese - Jul 29, 2011

10 by kudzuken »»
Jan 1, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Slam Dunk Episode 39 Discussion

Jawaese - Jul 29, 2011

11 by kudzuken »»
Dec 31, 2023 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.