Forum Settings
Forums

Novel 'Lord El-Melloi II-sei no Jikenbo' Gets TV Anime

New
Dec 31, 2018 7:59 AM

Nov 2007
Fate Project Year End Special Show 2018 on Monday has announced that Lord El-Melloi II-sei no Jikenbo novel will get a TV anime. Titled Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note, the anime will adapt the popular episode of the same title as well as the anime original story related to it. The anime is slated for Summer 2019 via Tokyo MX, BS11, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV and MBS. Its pilot episode, which is the previously announced new Type-Moon anime, was also aired on Monday.

Synopsis
When Lord El-Melloi II, the former Waver Velvet, gets asked to claim his inheritance over Adra Castle, he travels there with his apprentice Gray to do so. But they are not the only ones called that way. The will of the previous owner states that the assembled contestants - including Luviagelita Edelfelt - must compete in a game of wits to win the castle.

Staff
Director: Makoto Katou (Yagate Kimi ni Naru)
Series Composition: Ukyou Kodachi (Gakkougurashi! script)
Character Design: Jun Nakai (Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri)
Supervisor: Ei Aoki (Fate/Zero director)
Prop Design: Ichiryuu Ema (RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida mechanical director)
Magic Investigation: Kiyomune Miwa (Fate/Apocrypha script)
Art Director: Sei Itou (Juushinki Pandora)
Art Setting: Ryuu Sakamoto (Senjuushi)
Color Design: Mariko Shinohara (Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru)
Director of Photography: Tomonari Katou (Aldnoah.Zero)
CG Director: Mitsutaka Iguchi (Re:Creator)
Editing: Shouta Migiyama (Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki)
Animation Producer: Toshiyuki Nagano (IDOLiSH7 plan)
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken)
Sound Production: Magic Capsule
Music: Yuki Kajiura (Princess Principal)
Studio: TROYCA

Cast
Lord El-Melloi II: Daisuke Namikawa (K project)
Gray: Reina Ueda (Ingress the Animation)
Addo: Daisuke Ono (Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens)
Reines El-Melloi Archisorte: Inori Minase (Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka series)
Flatt Escardos: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Sword Art Online series)
Swin Grashate: Seiichirou Yamashita (Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu)
Caules Forvedge Yggdmillennia: Yuusuke Kobayashi (Imouto sae Ireba Ii.)

Lord El-Melloi II-sei no Jikenbo is a spin-out novel to Fate/stay night franchise by Makoto Sanda and illustrated by Mineji Sakamoto. It was first published on December 2014 via Type-Moon Books and 9 volumes have been released as of December 31. A manga adaptation drawn by Tou Azuma is serialized via Young Ace magazine since October 2017. Two compiled volumes have been released as of August 4, and third volume will be released on January 10, 2019.

PV

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Official site: https://anime.elmelloi.com/
Official Twitter: @elmelloi_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note on MAL
tsubasaloverJan 3, 2019 8:47 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 31, 2018 8:01 AM
May 2018
I think it's about time for me to get into Fate franchise...

Wonder if they will ever make new Tsukihime anime for all those who want it.
Dec 31, 2018 8:09 AM

Jan 2015
not written by nasu, so i guess thats a good sign
Dec 31, 2018 8:17 AM

Nov 2011
Nice. I saw the special today and it had solid animation quality so hope they can put their same talent to work on this.

That key visual looks good too.
Dec 31, 2018 8:20 AM

Apr 2016
Cast
Gray: Reina Ueda (Ingress the Animation)

I knew i heard that voice from somewhere recently, couldn't attach the VA tho.
Dec 31, 2018 8:28 AM
Jul 2018
Psajdak said:
I think it's about time for me to get into Fate franchise...

Wonder if they will ever make new Tsukihime anime for all those who want it.

Do you mean Lunar Legend Tsukihime?
Dec 31, 2018 8:38 AM
May 2018
changelog said:

Do you mean Lunar Legend Tsukihime?
I'm not sure myself...

Shingetsutan Tsukihime is, AFAIK, first anime adaptation of anything Type-Moon, but considering that famous There is no Tsukihime anime." meme, which mean many VN readers were unhappy with it, I think it would be nice towards those loyal fans to finally get Tsukihime anime that is closer to what they wish it to be.

Dec 31, 2018 8:42 AM

Dec 2015
Sounds good to me.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 31, 2018 9:32 AM

Mar 2011
They better make anime for Fate/Strange Fake
Dec 31, 2018 9:32 AM

Nov 2007
I will gladly pass on this. I am over with Fate/Type-Moon stuff. They have not really made anything nearly as good as KnK stuff. F/Z was not bad but lost interest in FSN.

Good for fans of the franchise, I guess?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 31, 2018 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
After the latest Fate spin-offs, my expectations are practically zero. I liked FSN/Zero and Prisma Illya but I am starting to get bored of the franchise.
removed-userDec 31, 2018 9:50 AM
Dec 31, 2018 10:13 AM

Feb 2009
>Rail Traveling Grace Note
It should be Rail Zeppelin. レール・ツェッペリン. The title is the same title of volumes 4 and 5 of the novel.

Excited for this. The pilot episode was done well, though people may be off put by all the talking. Love the voice cast as well. Two Fate anime in 2019 is a win and something to look forward to.
belatkuroDec 31, 2018 10:16 AM
Dec 31, 2018 10:19 AM

Oct 2018
Hmm another Fate spin-off.Well definitely gonna watch this too.But i hope this will not be an absolute garbage like Fate/Extra boy that was a disaster. By the way like to see a Fate/Grand order TV adaptation as well i kinda liked the movie.In the meantime i'm gonna watch Fate/Apocrypha and Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan.
Dec 31, 2018 10:31 AM

Apr 2012
Reines El-Melloi Archisorte: Inori Minase (Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka series)

I am with you, my brothers and sisters, lol. So, now Inori will be assigned to this character in all her appearances in the franchise?
Dec 31, 2018 12:13 PM

Mar 2016
The only worthwhile thing from the Fate franchise. Pretty weird that other Type-Moon properties aren't being adapted
Dec 31, 2018 1:57 PM

Jan 2015
shanimebib said:
I will gladly pass on this. I am over with Fate/Type-Moon stuff. They have not really made anything nearly as good as KnK stuff. F/Z was not bad but lost interest in FSN.

fsn is absolute trash, but knk is also made by nasu so i doubt its good
Dec 31, 2018 4:09 PM

Apr 2014
shanimebib said:

If you watch episode 0 which is a special, it might get you interested. it def isnt ur usual generic fate adaptation
Jan 1, 2019 12:45 AM

Nov 2009
Hey look, more Fate crap. This time, featuring the obnoxious whiny kid from the prequel as an adult and his team of generic anime side characters. It's also written by the guy behind the universally renown and acclaimed Rental Magica and produced by the studio that brought us the absolutely riveting Aldnoah Zero and Re:Creators. And unsurprisingly, the first episode features a truck load of random magical technobabble that the majority of viewers simply doesn't give a damn about.

Boy, this sure sounds like a recipe for a great anime! /s
Jan 1, 2019 1:28 AM
May 2015
It's weird for Waver to still be around without Alexander or without taking part in any more Grail Wars.

What would be cool IMO is to see another mage summon Alexander and in his Ionoi Hetairoi Waver is there as a supporting role, bantering around.
Jan 1, 2019 4:40 AM

May 2012
shanimebib said:

Kara no Kyoukai is so boring. It made me feel like want to sleep when I was watching it. Not really interesting about it other than animation
Jan 1, 2019 8:19 AM

Jan 2017
thepath said:
shanimebib said:

Kara no Kyoukai is so boring. It made me feel like want to sleep when I was watching it. Not really interesting about it other than animation

When you can't think people could be any dumber, you wake up to read this. Such a great start for the year.
UtsuuJan 1, 2019 8:37 AM
Jan 1, 2019 10:48 AM
May 2017
AnimeSucks420 said:
shanimebib said:

since I can't comment on your profile I'll post this here - why? why is fate trash? how did you give Grancrest Senki a 10? my theory is this is some kind of troll masterplan. seriously though, I'm really curious.
Jan 1, 2019 10:48 AM

May 2014
thepath said:
shanimebib said:

That just means the whole franchise isn't for you then.

Typemoon is not just fights and flashy stuff.

Jan 1, 2019 11:55 AM

Jan 2015
commander31able said:
AnimeSucks420 said:

since I can't comment on your profile I'll post this here - why? why is fate trash? how did you give Grancrest Senki a 10? my theory is this is some kind of troll masterplan. seriously though, I'm really curious.

fsn has garbage characters, garbage plot, and the entire thing is a fucking joke,
i dont think i have explain the spinoffs, so only decent adaptation is fate/zero, now if a franchise has 1 good part out of 100, then thats pretty fucking garbage for me
Jan 1, 2019 12:26 PM
May 2017
AnimeSucks420 said:
commander31able said:

fsn has garbage characters, garbage plot, and the entire thing is a fucking joke,
i dont think i have explain the spinoffs, so only decent adaptation is fate/zero, now if a franchise has 1 good part out of 100, then thats pretty fucking garbage for me

to each his own, I guess. you didn't comment on Grancrest Senki though.
Jan 1, 2019 12:33 PM

Jan 2015
commander31able said:
AnimeSucks420 said:

what is there to comment about it? its a decent anime unlike the pile of garbage fate is
Jan 1, 2019 12:34 PM
May 2017
AnimeSucks420 said:
commander31able said:

what is there to comment about it? its a decent anime unlike the pile of garbage fate is

now I know you're trolling. who gives a "decent" anime a 10?
Jan 1, 2019 1:03 PM

Jan 2015
commander31able said:
AnimeSucks420 said:

dont want to hear that from someone who likes fate
Jan 1, 2019 1:51 PM

Dec 2007
commander31able said:
AnimeSucks420 said:

Of course he's trolling. His name is literally AnimeSucks420. And he unironically gave an anime a 1/10 even though it's animation alone should average the score to at least a 3/10. He just wants to trigger people by hating on a popular anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2019 1:51 PM

Mar 2014
it's gonna sell because it's fate

I guess I'll give it a try. It sounds interesting
Jan 1, 2019 1:53 PM
May 2017
Ketuekigami said:
commander31able said:

Of course he's trolling. His name is literally AnimeSucks420. And he unironically gave an anime a 1/10 even though it's animation alone should average the score to at least a 3/10. He just wants to trigger people by hating on a popular anime.

One of my hobbies is confronting trolls. I just wanted to hear it from him.
Jan 1, 2019 5:04 PM

Apr 2017
This looks interesting. Staff seems good too, so i'm excited for this.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Jan 1, 2019 5:33 PM
Sep 2016
Aaand of course it will be skipping the first 3 volumes (two arcs) ....on top of adding anime original content
Cause why not..

....hehehehe....oh boy
JudoJDJan 1, 2019 5:41 PM
1.1.Six
Jan 2, 2019 3:29 AM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed the first episode so I'll watch this. Plus it'll be interesting to see Waver as a grown up dealing with Magus Clock Tower BS.
Jan 2, 2019 11:39 AM

Mar 2018
Liked the fate stay night series(2006 version excluded) so i'll probably watch this. PV not worth mentioning tho.
Jan 2, 2019 12:53 PM

Mar 2014
And Mahoyo/Tsukihime keep being left behind...at least they are emptying the Fate options so fast. Soon they wont have anything else to adapt sans non-Fate stuf.

What's left, HA, SF, Prototype Fragments and more FGO arcs? SF is not ending anytime soon, Requiem is just begining.

Well, I would not mind Salem and Prototype adaptation, to be honest...

ps: 2006 Fate was not bad, even having low budget and like 4 episodes of filler (so what, nobody misses Caster attack on Emiya house and being killed by Gil in like, 15 minutes...at least Kojirou and Kuzuki did something), it still had more soul than UBW.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jan 2, 2019 4:35 PM
Oct 2018
Is it another Fate series anime ?
Jan 2, 2019 11:24 PM

Sep 2007
Episode was ok, but characters were a little generic. Hopefully it mixes things up a bit more when the full series lands.

Jan 3, 2019 2:15 AM

Oct 2014
UserNameError said:
Is it another Fate series anime ?

fate isn't in the name, but it's a part of the nasuverse and characters from Fate and other Type-moon entries will appear in it

edit:
JudoJD said:
Aaand of course it will be skipping the first 3 volumes (two arcs) ....on top of adding anime original content
Cause why not..

....hehehehe....oh boy

yeah... so far so good
but I'm actually worried about this going to shit when the TV anime comes out
AdatiusJan 3, 2019 5:32 AM
Jan 3, 2019 2:36 PM
May 2016
JudoJD said:
Cause why not..

....hehehehe....oh boy

where'd ya get that from, I seriously curious. did another fate series do that?
Jan 3, 2019 11:56 PM
Sep 2016
NG_Chloe said:
JudoJD said:
Cause why not..

....hehehehe....oh boy

where'd ya get that from, I seriously curious. did another fate series do that?

It's what was announced alongside the TV anime (it's even in the title)

Second paragraph (after the tweets) https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-12-31/type-moon-the-case-files-of-lord-el-melloi-ii-novels-get-tv-anime-in-july/.141476
1.1.Six
Jan 4, 2019 2:19 PM

Mar 2014
JudoJD said:
Cause why not..

....hehehehe....oh boy

Jesus, that's a terrible sign...

Jan 5, 2019 9:21 AM
Dec 2017
Episode 0 was great, waiting for the full series
Jan 6, 2019 11:34 AM

Jun 2015
Are the novels any good?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2019 8:41 PM

Aug 2010
Geez, just when you think Fate can't get any larger...
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jan 7, 2019 12:01 PM

Mar 2014
malvarez1 said:
Geez, just when you think Fate can't get any larger...

They adapted Himuro no Tenchi manga as a special crossoving with FGO.

That's very scrapping the barrel. Expect adaptations of Capsule Servants, Tiger Coliseum, and many things nobody asked for.

Mahouka and Tsukihime will keep being left alone.

Feb 1, 2019 4:36 PM
Nov 2018
It will be the next(In timeline) after Fate/Stay Night: UBW.

You can see Lord El-Melloi II/Waver Velvet in the aftermath of Fate/Stay Night, passing by Shirou.

Waver Velvet was the master of Rider in the Fate/Zero series.

This is actually Fate series that is canon but doesn't use the word "Fate" in it's title.
I think It's because there will be no holy grail and servants involved in it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Mar 22, 2019 8:49 PM

Nov 2007
PV 2
Melvin Waynez: Daisuke Hirakawa
https://moca-news.net/article/20190323/2019032312400a_/01/
Apr 28, 2019 8:51 AM

Nov 2007
OP: "starting the case: Rail Zeppelin" by Yuki Kajiura
ED: "Hibari (雲雀)" by ASCA

Kajiura composes and arranges OP, as well as composes, write lyric, and arranges ED.
https://twitter.com/elmelloi_anime/status/1139458056670945280

PV3 w. both OP&ED
Vol.1 and OST Images. Both Releasing on September 4.
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1561630723

New key visual
https://moca-news.net/article/20190803/2019080309110a_/01/
tsubasaloverAug 2, 2019 9:50 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 3 hours ago

3 by JehadKun »»
14 minutes ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
1 hour ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

1 by EcchiGodMamster »»
1 hour ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
3 hours ago

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by DARM11 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.