Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 2, 2019 5:14 PM

Oct 2015
This was boring and the characters aren't that interesting. The only good thing about this was the animation background, London was greatly done.

5/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 2, 2019 9:39 PM

Oct 2008
TYPE-MOON, TROYCA, ufotable, Kajiura Yuki!?!?!? = I'M IN!!!

Jan 3, 2019 8:12 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Well, i enjoyed it more than i expected.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 4, 2019 10:11 PM

Oct 2016
That was... pretty bad. Left me pretty unexcited and will probably skip the upcoming season. Maybe next time, ufotable!
Jan 4, 2019 10:48 PM

Jul 2016
It was an interesting Special. Not to mention that it works well as a pilot for what's to come in July.

Besides, It was nice to see Waver again. Honestly, since I've only seen him as an adult in some few appearances such as UBW's last episode and some scenes in Apocrypha, I thought he would be a super serious person with an extremely stoic face. Gladly, I was wrong since some aspects of his personality still resembles the young Waver.

It was great to see all those glimpses to F/Z too, especially the "Admirable" t-shirt Waver was wearing. That was a nice detail.

Looking forward to the TV anime.
Jan 5, 2019 8:13 AM

Feb 2016
Ah, I remember watching Fate/Zero a long time ago, it was an exciting ride. I remember Rider's death, so emotional, so seeing those flashbacks definitely hook me in. Can't wait for July's full fledged series.

I agree that this episode were a bit confusing at first, but it was an Okay prequel episode 7/10

Talcon said:
That was... pretty bad. Left me pretty unexcited and will probably skip the upcoming season. Maybe next time, ufotable!

This is not ufotable tho...
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 5, 2019 10:43 AM

Oct 2016
HereticHunter said:

I saw ufotable in the credits, though
Jan 5, 2019 12:42 PM

Feb 2016
Talcon said:
HereticHunter said:

Fair enough. I guess Troyca is on the lead while some members of Ufo are inside the project too... Maybe
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 5, 2019 7:10 PM

Nov 2010
The thing that was fascinating to me is the fact that this episode was the Fate part that made me feel the connection to Garden of Sinners the most.
Especially the clock tower academy felt like Touko or Cornelius could be around any corner (not in terms of timeline but in terms of atmosphere, from what we know about their time studying there).
Jan 6, 2019 3:22 PM
Jul 2015
Talcon said:
HereticHunter said:

Two animators are credited because they reused layouts from Fate/Zero for the flashback.
Jan 9, 2019 9:58 AM

Oct 2016
Dab1za9 said:
Talcon said:

Two animators are credited because they reused layouts from Fate/Zero for the flashback.

Souka.

Why is the visual style so reminiscient of ufotable's works, though? Same guys, different studios?
Jan 9, 2019 10:21 AM
Jul 2015
Talcon said:
Dab1za9 said:

Souka.

Why is the visual style so reminiscient of ufotable's works, though? Same guys, different studios?

Only Aoki Ei who is an ex-ufotable.
Jan 9, 2019 1:04 PM

Aug 2010
Ultra boring....
Jan 12, 2019 9:20 PM
Aug 2014
Can't wait for more to come. I loved Waver in F/Z and good to see he's still a whiner after 10 years. Speaking of, did he just trip on a table so hard it triggered his inner waver? He's such a good character already.

Seeing made me realize that this show is about to give me some anime-harry potter fix I didn't know I needed.
Jan 12, 2019 9:22 PM
Aug 2014
zwolf12 said:
The thing that was fascinating to me is the fact that this episode was the Fate part that made me feel the connection to Garden of Sinners the most.
Especially the clock tower academy felt like Touko or Cornelius could be around any corner (not in terms of timeline but in terms of atmosphere, from what we know about their time studying there).

It's definitely the music being similarly themed. This was definitely done on purpose to create the same vibe of the clock tower. I wrote in another post that this gives me Harry Potter vibes as well.
Feb 15, 2019 2:25 PM
Oct 2018
I didn't know there was something like this, i liked Velvet Waver and Rider from the original story alot (i new they wont win but still had a blind hope for that) Like how they show wih ears afther little bit older and thouter, knowing how weak and small again the enemy in the tower he is yeat no backing for what he see right. I haven't read the book and will wait afther the anime in july hope they wont delay, but hope they will show rider and how he helped him to be the man he is today. The art was good the Intro for the up-comming series looked great, definetly will buy a cd when the season end. think u will like it if u liked fate/zero.
Feb 17, 2019 10:03 PM

Feb 2014
Gray-tan is too cuuuteee!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 8, 2019 4:36 AM

May 2016
Thought this was an ova or something of those until I got here realized that it was a warm up for a tv show.

well Waver is still a chicken like before maybe a little bit better, but whats with that crazy look they gave him it doesn't suit his character.
May 13, 2019 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
Waver/Grey story, animation, story was best. 10/10
Jun 15, 2019 10:06 PM

Aug 2015
A great introduction to the upcoming spinoff. I enjoyed the explanation of the magic. I like the three new characters' dynamic with Waver.
Jun 29, 2019 1:45 AM
Jul 2018
Well, this was super forgettable...

Kinda disappointed Waver didn't grow up to be someone a bit more adventurous, positive and free-spirited after being influenced by Rider, though. Instead he grows up into... whatever adult Waver is.
Jul 3, 2019 9:36 AM

Mar 2015
Fate in 2010: Battle royale
Fate in 2019: GTA
Jul 5, 2019 9:08 PM

Mar 2009
He was wearing the shirt!
Jul 6, 2019 1:39 PM

Oct 2017
Well this was a gd episode. Waver has changed a lot and became a great man it seems. It will be gd to see more about Waver in the series, expecting gd thngs from it too.
Jul 7, 2019 8:07 AM

Aug 2009
Really not a fan of these type of mystery shows, but since it's a spin-off/sequel to Fate/zero I'm willing to give it a chance.

I didn't find the mystery to be satisfying at all, but I did like the characters. Art and animation was also pretty good. We'll see where this goes.
Aug 6, 2019 11:57 AM

Jul 2009
Interesting glimpse to adult Waver and his life after Fate/Zero. Not feeling it with this show yet, but this is merely a pilot episode so there isn't much room to judge. This feels more Harry Potter meets Sherlock Holmes than an actual Fate series, though lol.
Aug 21, 2019 7:52 AM

Sep 2014
Gray is such a cutie hnnnggg. Waver so lucky to have her and he says he doesn't like her face goddammit.
Oct 11, 2019 5:06 AM

Jul 2015
Interesting special, looking forward to watching the series

Rip the cat, Waver avenged him at least

Nice to see Waver Velvet have his own series, after his first appearance in fate/zero with Alexander the Great as his rider

Dec 26, 2019 12:16 AM

Dec 2018
I guess that top-tier instructor is the one behind the cursing of Waver.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jan 27, 2020 9:51 PM

Dec 2016
It was mostly an introductory episode, it was quite nice but I wish I had skipped it because I love cats and hate to see them dying.
Aug 24, 2020 5:41 AM

Nov 2019
Well this was certainly surprising. I wasn't expecting to get so invested in Waver, his collection of odd students, or his philosophical musings.

While I'm not yet sold on Escardos, I definitely want to see if Gray's story gets elaborated on and Reines is great.
Apr 11, 2021 1:51 AM

Sep 2017
boringaf episode

why this special

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 24, 2021 7:58 PM

Jan 2010
Well, that was a lot of prose, proper nouns, and people introduced in the span of a single episode. It was a bit hard to keep up with all the new information suddenly thrown around, and the dialogue was a bit stilted as to include that information. But, regardless, the special did it's job to, at least, introduce the main characters and the setting. Although, it does somewhat worry me that a supernatural mystery story will leverage a lot of magical jargon, if just to justify crazy and illogical actions. It's hard to solve a mystery when you don't know the rules, so I feel like this series will be more about character interactions and visual splendor, rather than involving the viewer in the mystery solving process.
Jul 23, 2021 8:22 AM

Apr 2013
That was actually quite enjoyable, like a more adult version of Harry Potter. Though whoever ordered the death of that cat has to die... painfullly so.
Jul 9, 2023 1:03 PM

Nov 2010
Interesting beginning to a mystery. Who is the mastermind? I think it's one of the faculty members. Probably even his sister. His sister is super cute, by the way. If I were Waver, it's the wincest route to preserve the bloodline!

Aww, it sucks that he couldn't save the cat and he still has Alexander's t-shirt.
Decent action scenes and Aston Martin vs. Porsche.
Jul 30, 2023 5:37 AM
Jul 2023
Interesting, so waver turned into this daddy because of Iskander. This looks fun, but also a bit pointless.
- Really loving the art style
- The magic looked promising, Flat's beast magic was awesome to watch.
- I wonder whats up with that girl calling Waver her older brother. Are they blood related or is it a weird anime thing?
- Theme song is nice
Feb 24, 7:47 AM

May 2021
“By the intervention of the shadows one can rewrite the true nature itself”

Kotomine kirei proving this wrong 🔥
Inhales oxygen
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Lord El-Melloi Case Files: Our Wavey-boi's (Waver's) spin-off

Draconix814 - Dec 29, 2018

18 by windeen-windy »»
Jan 2, 2019 4:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.