Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 29, 2018 6:24 AM
Jul 2013
i was always fascinated by this question "given an original and a indistinguishable fake which is worth more? "
i have always seen people argue that the original is worth more and if the 2nd was the same the it wouldn't be called fake missing the whole point of the question
teruhashi serves as a pretty good example for this question as it goes like this
given a truly moderate beautiful girl with no stain of vanity who is humble and can be considered perfect and teruhashi who is completely beautiful as well but who is full of vanity and with a nasty personality that she never shows and will always act like a perfect pretty girl which one is better
both look the same and act the same but one acts like this because its her nature the other acts like this so she can maintain her perfectness
of course if u knew about the true character of teruhashi they wouldnt be indistinguishable anymore so think of it like this if a random guy were to go into the route of one of them with 0 knowledge which route is better
Dec 31, 2018 1:59 AM

Apr 2007
If you could read minds, then the girl with pure motives would obviously be better, but for the average person, assuming that Teruhashi's motives and actions never change (she doesn't stop trying to be perfect), then both are indistinguishable. If you could choose, I'd say the girl with pure motives since she is likely to continue acting perfectly since that is her true nature and not something she's forcing herself to do.
Blergh.
Dec 31, 2018 7:21 AM
Jul 2013
Alexeon said:
If you could read minds, then the girl with pure motives would obviously be better, but for the average person, assuming that Teruhashi's motives and actions never change (she doesn't stop trying to be perfect), then both are indistinguishable. If you could choose, I'd say the girl with pure motives since she is likely to continue acting perfectly since that is her true nature and not something she's forcing herself to do.
if u could read mind they are no longer indistinguishable thus ruining the whole point
in the second case i would say its the other way around as the girl with the pure motives may not always act perfectly as she only acts this way because that's how she feels like acting so her emotions may change over time after being hurt or awakening a new desire
on the other hand a girl who had spent effort to be seen as perfect wont be as easily corrupted because she had to fight those desires for her whole life much more than the perfect girl add on that the fact that she wont want her efforts for all of those years to be wasted
most importantly the pretender will take pride in being seen like a perfect girl and will realize its value so she will hold on to it whereas the original will think of it as a natural way to be viewed and will not value it as much
if i wanted to make it clearer i would compare being perfect to 50 dollars that u can either get from your parents (the perfect girl) or u can get from your hard work (the pretender aka teuhashi) now for the first one who didn't put in effort for it she will not value it as much the 2nd who had to work for it
KintarovirusxDec 31, 2018 7:38 AM
Jan 8, 2019 12:02 PM
Jul 2013
Alexeon said:
if u watch ep24 of season 2 u will understand where I'm coming from a perfect girl wouldn't mind her reputation as a perfect girl to be hurt so she wouldn't put as much effort as terihashi to stay perfect

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (TV) Episode 91 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2016

44 by fullnezz »»
Mar 22, 3:00 AM

Poll: » Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2016

65 by AlwaysNick »»
Mar 12, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

38 by AlwaysNick »»
Mar 12, 5:14 PM

Poll: » Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (TV) Episode 120 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

96 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 11, 11:09 PM

» Who is your favorite Saiki K character? And why? ( 1 2 )

Lyrexx - Aug 29, 2021

65 by ut0_ut0 »»
Feb 6, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.