Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 28, 2018 11:57 AM
A Monster

May 2018
iHazMustardJar said:
“Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.” - Kamina

Thats a great quote, i like this one from Kamina
"Never Give Up Without A Fight" By Zuko
Dec 28, 2018 12:11 PM

Aug 2017
"For a pregnant woman to give birth, she's gotta feel the pain of pulling a watermelon out of her nostril. For an artist to create a piece, he's gotta feel the pain of pulling entire galaxies out of his a**. " -Gintoki
Dec 28, 2018 12:22 PM

Mar 2016
"The things you did can never be undone. But...everything you've done as an Auto Memoir Doll will never go away either, Violet Evergarden."

-Claudia Hodgins, from Violet Evergarden Episode 9
Dec 28, 2018 12:24 PM

Aug 2018
"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am"-Oreki Houtarou
And
"I'm not lazy. I'm just highly motivated to do nothing"-Oreki Houtarou
And
"I never once thought of you as an ally. All people are nothing but tools. It doesn't matter how it's done. It doesn't matter what needs to be sacrificed. In this world, winning is everything. As long as I win in the end......"-Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
And
"Sometimes you don't need to hear their excuses because their actions have already spoken the truth"-Ayanokouji Kiyotaka

Dec 28, 2018 12:32 PM

Sep 2013
When do you think people die?
When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No.
When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No.
When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No!
It’s when... they are forgotten."

Dr. Hiluluk
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!"

Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 28, 2018 12:36 PM

Mar 2018
All of Hachiman's quote are fucking good.

Evangelion is shit
Dec 28, 2018 12:42 PM
Mar 2018
From the perspectives of others I am part of the world, but when I observe the world from my perspective I am nowhere to be found. To observe is to create perspective. I can never cease to be the point of origin from my perspective.

I do not belong to the world. That is the limit, the boundary between all and self.

It is not, “I think, therefore I am”.

It is “I think, there you are”.
Proxy one/Vincent laws thoughts - ergo proxy

Sorry, that one just makes me think. Possibly some of the deepest stuff in ergo.

"Onii San!"
Onee- Chan, virtually every anime
Dec 28, 2018 12:44 PM

Apr 2017
pretty much all of them are from tokyo ghoul - the series got me through some shit and there's a lot of good quotes in there.

"You're wrong. It's not the world that's messed up; it's those of us in it. Yes, some ghouls walk a path that leaves sorrow in their wake, but just like humans, we can choose a different path altogether. We have a lot to learn, both your kind and mine. We need to stop fighting, and start talking. Because when it comes to the state of the world, you can't point your finger at ghouls or humans. We're all to blame." -ken kaneki

"Never trust anyone too much, remember the devil was once an angel." -ken kaneki

"If, let's say, you were to write a story with me as the main character, it would certainly be a tragedy. No. Everyone’s the same, in fact. He’s the main character of his novel, and she’s the main character of her movie. All those that walk this earth are the main characters of their own tragedies. All steal, and from all, something is stolen. We can’t help it. That’s who we are. Steal, and be stolen. Imprison, and be imprisoned. Follow, and be followed. Do, and be done. Affirm and negate over and over. We fight ceaselessly to save ourselves from loss. And yet the people and places we love will one day surely be lost. We will all surely be forgotten. Life is sad. Empty. But, despite knowing we will one day be bereft, despite knowing we will one day disappear, we still strive in wretched ways. We still wish to be beautiful. We still wish to be beautiful. And I consider. “Which one?” I choose. “This one.” Forever choosing, forever being chosen. Nothing more. Nothing less." -ken kaneki, :re

"I think what’s necessary is the ‘right distance.’ Instead of mutually tramping on each others’ existence, we should just respect each other a little more." -ken kaneki

"Sometimes good people make bad choices. It doesn't mean they are bad people. It means they're human." -kishou arima

"Be the main character in your own life." -hideyoshi nagachika, :re

"It's your path. Try walking it alone." -renji yomo

and probably my favorite of them all:

"'Fear is like fire, right?' A certain boxing trainer once said that. 'If you can control it, it can cook for you, it can heat your house. If you can't control it, it will burn everything and destroy you.' Fear is your best friend or your worst enemy." -juuzou suzuya, :re
Dec 28, 2018 12:46 PM

Sep 2016
'I know THAT my redeemer rives. And THAT, in the end, he will stand upf the earse. And after my skih has been destroyed, yet in my fresh, IwillseeGod. I myself, will see him, wis my OWN eyes. I n not another. How my heart yearns wissin me. Amen.'

- Kotomine Kirei (Fate/Zero)

Dec 28, 2018 12:53 PM

May 2016
although this needs no explanation, it needs 30 characters
Dec 28, 2018 12:55 PM
Mar 2018
Apoc_Revolution said:
'I know THAT my redeemer rives. And THAT, in the end, he will stand upf the earse. And after my skih has been destroyed, yet in my fresh, IwillseeGod. I myself, will see him, wis my OWN eyes. I n not another. How my heart yearns wissin me. Amen.'

Isn't that tosaka's Engrish funeral in the sub? I've seen the dub recently and of course his VA doesn't struggle with it, but his original VA didn't seem to be the best at changing language
Dec 28, 2018 12:59 PM

Sep 2017
darklite said:
"It could never work between us. Not because you're a rabbit, but because you're black."

~ Mio Imai - Ghost Stories (Dubbed) ~

This! I crack up everytime i see this.
Dec 28, 2018 1:20 PM

May 2018
"Back when I was a kid... You know Leonardo Da Vinci's Mona Lisa, right...?

I saw it in an art book. When I saw Mona Lisa's Hands, folded by her knee...

How do I say this...? It's a bit crude, but...

Hehe...

I got... a boner."

-Yoshikage Kira
Dec 28, 2018 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
existentialist said:
I have 2 and both are from the GOAT Levi.

"The difference between your decision and ours is experience. But you don’t have to rely on that. Choose; Believe in yourself, or believe in the survey corps and me. I don’t know… I never have. I can believe in my own abilities or the choices of the companions I trust. But no one ever knows how it will turn out. So choose for yourself, whichever decision you will regret the least." - Levi Ackerman

"I don’t know which option you should choose. I could never advise you on that… No matter what kind of wisdom dictates you the option you pick, no one will be able to tell if it’s right or wrong until you arrive to some sort of outcome from your choice." - Levi Ackerman

With this part, he even refers to his old squad, which was extra heartbreaking. :(
This was my favorite scene from AoT yet, because Eren looked and was so troubled too and the action was pretty good.

My absolute favorite quote is from D.Gray-man Hallow, because the whole scene around this quote was so touching and here I cried tbh. I'm not ashamed to admit that.
"This world is dark and it's so hard to breathe... but in this instant, when I laughed along with you, I felt that breathing just got a little easier." - Kanda in Hallow
Dec 28, 2018 1:22 PM

Mar 2012
Alcohol is humanity's friend. can I abandon a friend? - Yang Wenli
Dec 28, 2018 1:38 PM

Sep 2016
Captiaanuniverse said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

Isn't that tosaka's Engrish funeral in the sub? I've seen the dub recently and of course his VA doesn't struggle with it, but his original VA didn't seem to be the best at changing language

That is indeed the Japanglish version of the funeral scene. It sounds funny, but the voice actor still did a much better job compared to some other scenes in different anime.

Dec 28, 2018 2:19 PM

Oct 2013
"There's this one organ that's even more important than my heart. You can't see it, but it's there. Because of it, I can stand tall, even if I'm all worn down, I can still walk. And if I don't go, it'll break. My soul will break. Even if my heart stops beating, it is still more important. It doesn't matter if I'm old and can't walk. It will still stand tall."
- Gintoki Sakata

"Perhaps in this universe, there exists a solitary, absolute truth. Perhaps it clarifies every question. But that’s beyond the reach of these short hands." - Yang Wen li
Dec 28, 2018 3:29 PM
Dec 2017
"I'm a dog? Then you're dog food." - Alucard
Dec 28, 2018 4:30 PM

Apr 2018

This quote is proof that our waifus are real.
Dec 28, 2018 7:13 PM

Dec 2015
Tears are handy for washing away troubling and sad feelings. But when you grow up, you’ll learn that there are things so sad, they can never be washed away by tears. That there are painful memories that should never be washed away. So people who are truly strong laugh when they want to cry. They endure all of the pain and sorrow while laughing with everybody else.”
– Obi Hajime (Gintama)
Dec 28, 2018 7:29 PM
Jan 2018
"What a beautiful Duwang! chew"
- Yoshikage Kira, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

"You don't need to be embarrassed. I think... you're fine the way you are."
- Kotarou Azumi, Tsuki ga Kirei
Dec 28, 2018 8:06 PM

Nov 2009
"Your dick's on the ground."

-Oda Tsugumi (I Am A Hero, manga)
Dec 28, 2018 8:44 PM

Dec 2017

omae wa mou shindeiru
-Kenshiro from fist of the North Star
Dec 28, 2018 9:23 PM

Mar 2015
"Have a bun to calm your buns" -Kiznaiver
woah there
Dec 28, 2018 9:48 PM

Dec 2015
"No person exists that is just virtuous, and kindness is something piled on the outside. There are no humans with just virtue and fairness. Rather, they try to be that and just build up stress."
Oshino Meme

"People have to save themselves. One person saving another is impossible."
Oshino Meme

"The only thing humans are truly equal in is death."
Johan Liebert

"No! None of this is the real me."
Asuka Langley Soryu
Dec 28, 2018 9:52 PM

May 2014
"I fuck, therefore I am" - Rance, probably
Dec 28, 2018 10:45 PM

Sep 2012
so do speech count ?

No Game No Life
Shiro about the weak

Mayuri from Bleach about perfection

Dec 28, 2018 10:51 PM

Jan 2012
Kamina " Believe in the you who believes in himself"

Shirou " People die when they get killed"

Lelouch " The world can´t change by pretty words alone"

How I love a game
Dec 28, 2018 11:08 PM
Feb 2017
"Sometimes I do feel like I’m a failure. Like there’s no hope for me. But even so, I’m not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya
Dec 28, 2018 11:16 PM

Nov 2017
Boyscout31 said:
Mine is: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" It gives me chills every time

Can't remember which anime it's from though..

That's from "The lord of the rings" iirc.....

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

So many anime, So little time!

Dec 29, 2018 12:15 AM

May 2018
“Nothing in this world is a coincidence. Everything is Hitsuzen." - Ichihara Yuuko, xxxHOLiC

*Inevitability, destiny, or fate, as being the driving force in the world
Dec 29, 2018 12:48 AM

Sep 2018
Kuro_Neko04 said:
Catalano said:
People die if (or it was "when") they are killed. Emiya Shirou. It's so meaningfull and 100 % true.

"Do not forget "Wow, the Archer class is really made up of archers!"

-Rin Tohsaka

Recent challenger to fate series:
Guild girl from goblin slayer-
"they'll continue to live untill they die"

Also from death note-
"I'll take this potato chip and - wait for it - EAT IT!"
Dec 29, 2018 3:11 AM
Jun 2017
"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."- Griffith
Dec 29, 2018 3:26 AM

Jun 2016
Spike:
There once was a tiger striped cat. This cat died a million deaths, revived and lived a million lives, and he was owned by various people who he didn't really care for. The cat wasn't afraid to die. Then one day the cat became a stray cat, which meant he was free. He met a white female cat, and the two of them spent their days together happily. Well, years passed, and the white cat grew weak and died of old age. The tiger striped cat cried a million times, and then he died too. Except this time, he didn't come back to life.

Jet:
Yeah. That's a good story.

Spike:
I hate that story.
Dec 29, 2018 4:32 AM

Mar 2016

I'm sure I'm forgetting something even better but this is the one that always comes to mind with posts like this.
Dec 29, 2018 4:48 AM
Jul 2018
"I hope you slip on a banana peel and die."
Shindou Shuichi, Gravitation

It still makes me laugh. Life is too serious sometimes.
Dec 29, 2018 4:50 AM

Jun 2017
"One smile can't change the world, but your smile changes mine"
Dec 29, 2018 4:56 AM

Apr 2016
"You're not the main character in this world. You are just a supporting role"

Dec 29, 2018 6:45 AM

Apr 2011
I used to keep track of this when I was a teen, but I stopped doing it after I hit my 20s. I don't know why. It's not that I don't like quotes anymore either. Well, if I were to pick one, it would probably have to be the one line Jiraiya says about what defines a person's life.

Although, if anime openings count, then I can name one, word for word;
"~Hikari ga tsuyoku nareba, yami wa fukaku naru to~"
-Colors of the Heart by UVERworld, Blood+ Opening-
It translates to "The stronger the light gets, the darkness also gets darker". I don't know why I love it so much, but that is my favorite lyric ever for some reason.
Dec 29, 2018 10:44 AM
Apr 2014
“Using a simple method to accomplish something impressive, far outshines using a complex method to achieve the same thing.”

For some reason this quote from Rider has stuck with me since watching the show.

Dec 29, 2018 10:48 AM

Jun 2014
"Just when my coils were reachin' the green line!"

-- Kaneda, Streamline dub(Cam Clarke)

Dec 29, 2018 12:52 PM

Oct 2015
Vulze said:
"I was lining up my shot on someone, not knowing or caring what number target he was. That person was drinking coffee. He was beginning to add sugar to it.
One spoonful.
Two spoonfuls.
Three spoonfuls.
Four spoonfuls.
When he added the fifth spoonful of sugar, the taste of the coffee I drink all the time spread in my mouth. That someone began to drink it happily. That's when I put down my gun (...) Killing people is easy if you can forget the taste of sugar."

- Mr. Rosso from Monster

I don't have a favourite anime quote but I like this one and the scene stuck with me.

Man that was a great scene in Naoki Urasawa's Monster! I kinda hate myself for forgetting about that quote now.

OT: I don't have a favorite quote but the entirety of the "Burnt Field" chapter in March Comes in Like a Lion is breathtaking so any part of that would suffice.
Dec 29, 2018 4:08 PM
Dec 2017
Die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain - Lelouch vi Britannia, Code Geass
Dec 29, 2018 4:21 PM

Feb 2017
In our life we're not readers we are writers

Gintama, Gin-san
Dec 29, 2018 4:25 PM

Sep 2014
Probably everything from Monogatari. Like the fake having a bigger value than the real thing

The stuff Kamina said. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.

Something memey like - SEKAI ICH, WRYYY, Impossible, nobody was ever able to summon him before, You are not dealing with the average saiyan warrior anymore or

Whatever Kyon says about motivated people

But what I really like was the old one from one piece (even though I dont actually watch that anymore) when does a human die? ... When they are forgotten.

LoGH has many quotable things too. Especially during the parts with yang and younger yang (forgot his name)

And from the 9th OVA of Hellsing Ultimate, Andersons speach
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 29, 2018 4:49 PM
Jan 2018
"I know that better than anyone. I am not good enough for class B. No one has to tell me I have no chance of beating you. And yet I must try. It is not about winning or losing. It is about fighting you right here right now.

- mumen rider
Dec 29, 2018 5:00 PM

Oct 2018
"We Just Want To Live" Seen that quote on a shirt I purchased at Hot Topic from Tokyo Ghoul.

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Dec 29, 2018 5:07 PM

Jun 2016
"Without love, it can not be seen"

It's a quote from Umineko. It may be short, and you can just use/insert it in any anime/manga. But the way Umineko conveys the meaning and messages is quite possibly the best theme exploration I've seen in any storytelling medium
Dec 29, 2018 6:31 PM

Mar 2018
There is only one way to live life, with no regrets. ---- One Piece.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

982 by xaacaa »»
4 seconds ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

self-suff-des - 16 minutes ago

5 by Spunkert »»
1 minute ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

120 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
4 minutes ago

» something you dislike about your favorite character

Kenzolo-folk - Apr 22

31 by Lhundrup »»
5 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 8 hours ago

19 by MasterTasuke »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.