Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 27, 2018 6:53 AM

Sep 2018
1) Pick one anime that is popular AND having a good rating (above 8)..now call it overrated crap

2) Ok good, now pick one from below with a decent rating (at least right now) and call it an underrated masterpiece with DEEP symbolism in the first shot

3) now you are famous but we need to keep it going so shit on any popular manga adaptation (if you actually read it and liked it just say you are disappointed)

4) People will now think that you hate popular anime so remember to just pick one of the popular ones and give it good rating with a good review to keep yourself relevant

DONE
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 27, 2018 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
Super cool. Very smart. Seriously, wow.

Dec 27, 2018 7:00 AM

Jun 2017
yeah seriously, that's too accurate..
Dec 27, 2018 7:01 AM

Apr 2016
KaiserNazrin said:

The exact same thread was here, when Franxx was out and fanboys couldn't handle the hate it got in reviews.

Now Bunny girl is finished and waifu knights are attacking reviewers once again.
Dec 27, 2018 7:09 AM

Sep 2018
Swagernator said:
KaiserNazrin said:

The exact same thread was here, when Franxx was out and fanboys couldn't handle the hate it got in reviews.

Now Bunny girl is finished and waifu knights are attacking reviewers once again.

wut?

but I hate bunny girl senpai and nice memory but I hated franxx too so no..
BloeDec 27, 2018 9:17 PM
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Dec 27, 2018 7:10 AM

Apr 2016
Bloe said:
Swagernator said:

wut?

but I hate bunny girl senpai and nice memory but I hated franxx too so you are wrong

Thats cool, but i was not talking about you.
Dec 27, 2018 7:35 AM

Jun 2016
These threads pop up after every season when one popular series gets some harsh criticism no matter how rational or irrational it is. If you wanna know how to be a popular MAL reviewer, learn from Karhu.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2018 7:44 AM

Dec 2017
you could just skip all the steps to

>be Karhu
>PROFIT

i think that might be enough to get recognition... or hate. depends on the way you see it

Skifteri said:
AndoCommando said:
These threads pop up after every season when one popular series gets some harsh criticism no matter how rational or irrational it is. If you wanna know how to be a popular MAL reviewer, learn from Karhu.

Karhu is above all. They can't even compete against him.

motherfucker, you beat me to it >:( kek

Dec 27, 2018 7:47 AM

Oct 2017
Bloe said:
Swagernator said:

wut?

but I hate bunny girl senpai and nice memory but I hated franxx too so you are wrong

>but I hated Franxx too. So you are wrong.
Says the guy who has Goro in his/her favourites...

PS: That's why we need urgently a reform of the review system evaluation.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Dec 27, 2018 7:47 AM

Feb 2018
Threads like this always make me suspect someone is just salty about a negative review for a show they like.
Dec 27, 2018 7:49 AM

Jul 2013
you have 0 review, just prove it now.
にゃす!
Dec 27, 2018 7:55 AM

Apr 2018
Make funny troll reviews
Or unfunny troll reviews like the ones that karhu makes
Dec 27, 2018 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
I only ever reviewed one anime because it's just so bad just giving a low score isn't enough.

Dec 27, 2018 8:02 AM

Jan 2017
Why would I want to become a MAL reviewer in the first place?
Dec 27, 2018 8:03 AM

Nov 2016
If you wanna make good, Constructive,and mostly Objective reviews that appeal to a Wider Auddience: Be like Stark700 or Archaeon

If you want to be known for troll reviews that only catter to other trolls and Elitists: Be like Karhu (like other 3 people already said).

EDIT: If you want to stay relevant you are gonna have to stay uo to 3AM or Wake up at 5AM be one of the first 5 to post a review for a show. If you don't then you are gonna get 10 helpfuls at most.
GokaiKingDec 27, 2018 8:12 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2018 8:07 AM

Feb 2010
Afloo said:
If you wanna make good, Constructive reviews that appeal to a Wider Auddience: Be like Stark700

Is that really the standard for good quality reviews these days?

I'm starting to miss Archaeon :(
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 27, 2018 8:11 AM

Nov 2016
Pullman said:
Afloo said:
If you wanna make good, Constructive reviews that appeal to a Wider Auddience: Be like Stark700

Out of all the poeple I see posting reviews for most shows now a days he is the one I agree with most of its scoreswith a +1 or -1 difference at most.

Archaeon's Reviews are very good tho. I think i'm Gonna edit the original post kek
Dec 27, 2018 8:15 AM

Feb 2010
Afloo said:
Pullman said:

Out of all the poeple I see posting reviews for most shows now a days he is the one I agree with most of its scoreswith a +1 or -1 difference at most.

Archaeon's Reviews are very good tho. I think i'm Gonna edit the original post kek

Yeah his scores are mostly fair but that's not what the review is, the actual text is the review and the ones I read have usually been average/mediocre imo. Not bad, but also not very compelling or interesting. Basically 'save' reviews that don't really challenge the perspective of the readers, ever. So I find them kinda boring to read, a bit like extended synopsis.
Dec 27, 2018 8:21 AM
Oct 2018
i suposse this karhu person it's very famous and only i don't know him.
did i miss something or this is common knowledge?
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 27, 2018 8:28 AM

Nov 2016
Skifteri said:

Afloo said:

There are a few reviewers that did a lot of good reviews but i think the main point is that popular reviewers always get to get a lot of "Helpful" and stay on the top, because users already know their review May/is good. I no doubt Stark700 reviewers are good, but the point is that he or any popular reviewers stay almost always on the top, is kinda unfair to the new ones.

Starks Hasn't Gotten to the top In a While. Maybe becasue Karhu's Trolling gets A ton of more Helpfuls.
Dec 27, 2018 8:29 AM

Jun 2011
Might need to try it out.

You can also make some unfunny jokes, throw in some memes, write paragraphs about some other anime instead of focusing on the one you're reviewing and so on
I feel like I keep seeing more and more people following that recipe and they end up in the top 4 ^^
Dec 27, 2018 8:31 AM

Oct 2012
;_; people disliking popular things and liking unpopular things its a hard world to live in my dude not everyone can define their opinions through mal scores
Dec 27, 2018 8:32 AM

Sep 2017
The only true way is to be like this guy:
Edward Elric > your waifu

Dec 27, 2018 8:41 AM

Apr 2016

I think the salt speaks for itself, mainly because --newsflash-- no one does this, at least not genuinely.
Dec 27, 2018 8:43 AM

Apr 2016
Afloo said:
Skifteri said:

There are a few reviewers that did a lot of good reviews but i think the main point is that popular reviewers always get to get a lot of "Helpful" and stay on the top, because users already know their review May/is good. I no doubt Stark700 reviewers are good, but the point is that he or any popular reviewers stay almost always on the top, is kinda unfair to the new ones.

Starks Hasn't Gotten to the top In a While. Maybe becasue Karhu's Trolling gets A ton of more Helpfuls.
No, he's gotten top 4 with Zombieland and a few others this season iirc. I think poeple are wising up to Karhu's shit, at least when it comes to non-prelims.
Dec 27, 2018 8:47 AM

Nov 2012
People want to reform the review system....... why?

Top reviews are decided by the community.

So because you don't agree with the majority, the system is not working as intended?

And I legit want to hear any accounts of someone reading a review and deciding someone else could think for them.
Dec 27, 2018 8:51 AM

Nov 2016
Skifteri said:
Afloo said:

Yeah, recently Karhu is ruling, but once Stark700 was a lot of times on the top.
If Archaeon makes a review, even GOD will helpful his review, because of popularity, which i like, since his reviews are GOAT!!!!!

Really unfair for the new reviewers...

Yeah it is Unfair. I have made some Good Reviews but Since People Only read the top 4 (Who are always the Same) they get lost.
Dec 27, 2018 8:55 AM

Oct 2017
I had a review very popular with more of 300 likes but MAL delete it T_T and the reviews was a destructive criticism, I think that MAL it's like youtube, if some don't like, delete without Remorse and explanation
Dec 27, 2018 9:02 AM

Nov 2012
ITT: Children crying they don't get upvotes, attention or aren't popular because they write an anime review on a community driven site.

Is this the absolute state of MAL going into 2018+1
Dec 27, 2018 9:05 AM

Oct 2013
Skifteri said:
Afloo said:

There are a few reviewers that did a lot of good reviews but i think the main point is that popular reviewers always get to get a lot of "Helpful" and stay on the top, because users already know their review May/is good. I no doubt Stark700 reviews are good, but the point is that he or any popular reviewers stay almost always on the top, is kinda unfair to the new ones. There are a lot of reviewers who IMO think are pretty good. Maybe not as Archaeon since his reviews are GOAT, but sill are passable.

Not true, I don't do reviews often and I'm no professional at it, but a few of my reviews made it in the top 4, all you have to do is put some effort and try and be as clear and concise as possible.
Dec 27, 2018 9:06 AM

Dec 2016
I mean... You're not wrong.

I didn't know that people actually cared about the user behind the review, though. I don't even remember or pay attention to the username when I read reviews.

What's the difference?
Dec 27, 2018 9:06 AM

Oct 2017
Skifteri said:
-_-Valentina said:
I had a review very popular with more of 300 likes but MAL delete it T_T and the reviews was a destructive criticism, I think that MAL it's like youtube, if some don't like, delete without Remorse and explanation

Don't get biased Girl, since your review was not related to the rules. It happens to remember your review LoL
WAHT?!!! So, I must put more details on the fucking review? First I am not a professional critic, just say my opinion and now! Nor would I go into details about the plot because the synopsis explains everything. But even if it hurts MAL is like YouTube, politically correct
Dec 27, 2018 9:16 AM

Dec 2016
Who even read MAL reviews these days
Dec 27, 2018 9:17 AM

Feb 2010
Skifteri said:
-_-Valentina said:
WAHT?!!! So, I must put more details on the fucking review? First I am not a professional critic, just say my opinion and now! Nor would I go into details about the plot because the synopsis explains everything. But even if it hurts MAL is like YouTube, politically correct

-The anime is bad. I did no enjoy it. His laugh is very annoying, I can't stand to him anymore.

-The End

Basically this was your review. This is basically garbage. Even my bro(5 years old) can do better.

Aren't we glad that people can randomly blame 'political correctness' instead of taking a critical look at themselves and maybe figure out how to improve their output. But no, it's always everyone else who's at fault -.-
Dec 27, 2018 9:18 AM

Oct 2013
Skifteri said:
keragamming said:

Not true, I don't do reviews often and I'm no professional at it, but a few of my reviews made it in the top 4, all you have to do is put some effort and try and be as clear and concise as possible.

The most important thing, is to be fast. If you review it after a couple hours after gets aired, you won't get any "Helful", unless you ain't doing for it.

That is a lie, sure you may not get as much as what you would if you had make a review as it was finish, but that is not the case.
Dec 27, 2018 9:25 AM

Feb 2010
Skifteri said:
Pullman said:

Aren't we glad that people can randomly blame 'political correctness' instead of taking a critical look at themselves and maybe figure out how to improve their output. But no, it's always everyone else who's at fault -.-

Yeah, I think I went to hard with her.
Not a good day for me, apparently.

It's fair to apologize to her. Sorry /Valentina /_/

No I was actually saying you're right and I can't stand people like her who always blame irrelevant outside factors for their failures instead of trying to improve themselves.
Dec 27, 2018 9:26 AM

Oct 2017
Skifteri said:
-_-Valentina said:

-The anime is bad. I did no enjoy it. His laugh is very annoying, I can't stand to him anymore.

-The End

Basically this was your review. This is basically garbage. Even my bro(5 years old) can do better.
well I'm sorry so much for that garbage review but that garbage did like it more 300 people and let me know when your brother I do a great review as you say, I'll be looking forward

Dec 27, 2018 9:28 AM

Oct 2017
Pullman said:
Skifteri said:

-The End

So explain why Anime News Network criticized (literally destroyed) Darling in the Franxx for being a conservative show? If that's not mob rule/linching by the Neo-Marxist press, then I don't know what to say anymore.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Dec 27, 2018 9:31 AM

Feb 2010
tlato_but said:
Pullman said:

So explain why Anime News Network criticized (literally destroyed) Darling in the Franxx for being a conservative show? If that's not mob rule/linching by the Neo-Marxist press, then I don't know what to say anymore.

so how does this have anything to do with anything that anyone in this conversation previously mentioned?

Don't hijack an unrelated conversation to talk about politics on a site that noone even talked about. That's just obnoxious.
Dec 27, 2018 9:37 AM

Oct 2017
Pullman said:
tlato_but said:

so how does this have anything to do with anything that anyone in this conversation previously mentioned?

Don't hijack an unrelated conversation to talk about politics on a site that noone even talked about. That's just obnoxious.

I may have deviated a bit, but in every site I have been, it's completely politically incorrect to support Darling in the Franxx. Just read the Top-4 reviews and all of them are full of s. and don't even contribute anything to the sane debate of why Darling is a goo/average/bad show, they literally spew shit on the show without any reason.

That's my criticism, the politics is more of a complement rather than the root of the hate problem that DarliFra constantly receives.
Dec 27, 2018 9:38 AM
Nov 2017
talk as much shit as possible, that should do the trick.
Dec 27, 2018 9:39 AM

Nov 2016
This thread is getting more and more random, gotta love MAL.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 27, 2018 9:39 AM

Oct 2017
Skifteri said:
-_-Valentina said:
well I'm sorry so much for that garbage review but that garbage did like it more 300 people and let me know when your brother I do a great review as you say, I'll be looking forward

Don't challenge me Girl. If I bring my brother on this website, even @Karhu would be afraid, and in a short amount of time, my brother, will became the best reviewer here.
I imagine it guy :) .Even if it became I would care an ass
Dec 27, 2018 9:51 AM

Feb 2010
tlato_but said:
Pullman said:

I may have deviated a bit, but in every site I have been, it's completely politically incorrect to support Darling in the Franxx. Just read the Top-4 reviews and all of them are full of s. and don't even contribute anything to the sane debate of why Darling is a goo/average/bad show, they literally spew shit on the show without any reason.

That's my criticism, the politics is more of a complement rather than the root of the hate problem that DarliFra constantly receives.

I don't really see how you can say that about a 'democratic' voting system like on MAL. Noone is pushing anything, it's just individuals voting for those reviews as they see fit based on their taste and their opinion on the show, be it a rational or an emotional reaction to it. And every polarizing series generates a lot of haters. I think this is just another example of people randomly blaming political correctness for something so they can deny the fact that lots of people simply didn't like - in this example - Darling in the Franxx (and in the other example her review).

Not everything that contradicts your opinion or disagrees with you is a political conspiracy by your political enemies. It's just people having their own tastes, people getting angry over anime and hating on it for not doing what they wanted to see and so on. You're just projecting and combining your political bias and your anime taste. It doesn't make a lot of sense from where I'm standing. You don't need a political conspiracy for bad or extremely negative reviews to become popular. That happens all the time and it feels more like YOU are shoehorning politics and political bias into this very unpolitical issue about anime taste, than anyone else doing so.
Dec 27, 2018 9:52 AM

Oct 2017
Skifteri said:
-_-Valentina said:
I imagine it guy :) .Even if it became I would care an ass

5 minutes before:I'll look forward
5 Minutes Later:I would care an ass

I see....LoL
Its sarcasm guy :v, you need a detector's sarcasm and you next answer Put it through your you know where HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019 :D
Dec 27, 2018 9:54 AM

Nov 2012
tlato_but said:

....... do you go to every single thread trying to defend the PURE ******* SHIT that was darling?

Nobody cares, that anime was pure shit, it's the general consensus.... let it go and find another hill to die on.

And lastly, who the **** cares about what a website, youtuber or review say about something. Learn to think for yourself. I completely agree with everyone that darling was pure shit and that is ok and there are people who think darling is a masterpiece..... and that is ok too.

Stop trying to hijack every thread to garner sympathy for that shit show. Not agreeing with or liking a review on MAL does not equate to needing an overhaul on the review system.

Pullman said:
I don't really see how you can say that about a 'democratic' voting system like on MAL. Noone is pushing anything, it's just individuals voting for those reviews as they see fit based on their taste and their opinion on the show, be it a rational or an emotional reaction to it. And every polarizing series generates a lot of haters. I think this is just another example of people randomly blaming political correctness for something so they can deny the fact that lots of people simply didn't like - in this example - Darling in the Franxx (and in the other example her review).

Basically this. So much this!

Top reviews are upvoted by the damn community. The userbase of MAL determines everything numerical on the site.

Every damn season we get these threads with people crying because they are part of the minority and decide to throw a fit.
NaxrrhidDec 27, 2018 9:59 AM
Dec 27, 2018 10:02 AM
Dec 27, 2018 10:10 AM

Feb 2010
Naxrrhid said:
tlato_but said:

....... do you go to every single thread trying to defend the PURE ******* SHIT that was darling?

Nobody cares, that anime was pure shit, it's the general consensus.... let it go and find another hill to die on.

And lastly, who the **** cares about what a website, youtuber or review say about something. Learn to think for yourself. I completely agree with everyone that darling was pure shit and that is ok and there are people who think darling is a masterpiece..... and that is ok too.

Stop trying to hijack every thread to garner sympathy for that shit show. Not agreeing with or liking a review on MAL does not equate to needing an overhaul on the review system.

Pullman said:

Basically this. So much this!

Top reviews are upvoted by the damn community. The userbase of MAL determines everything numerical on the site.

Every damn season we get these threads with people crying because they are part of the minority and decide to throw a fit.

I don't even necessarily think the people who liked Darling are in the minority if I look at the average score. But hate is always a stronger motivator so people with a strong dislike are more likely to invest time in reviews and upvoting and stuff like that. I bet a lot of the 'silent majority' actually liked the show to some degree and just aren't interested in mud-slinging competitions with the emotional haters of the show, or are just generally never active on the social parts of MAL. At least that's how it is for most shows and Darling still has a pretty high score for something that the reviews so universally shit on which can't be explained by the consensus about it being negative. I mean over 50% of the scores are 8 or higher.

I understand how it can be frustrating if you're not the 'silent' type of fan like @tlato_but and have some sympathy for the urge to stand up and defend a show you really like when most other vocal comments about it are negative, but at the same time that's no excuse for making up bullshit political conspiracies about the haters. It's just your everyday difference of tastes combined with the fact that it usually isn't fair, balanced opinions (negative OR positive) that generate the most attention, but rather the extremely polarized opinions that do.
Dec 27, 2018 10:24 AM

Oct 2017
Pullman said:

I ain't no firm believer in democracy, at least liberal democracy. The thing that I'm ponting is that with a more restrictive approach on making reviews and the voticng system will make wonders and will actually elevate the level of the discourse in anime debates.

Pullman said:
Not everything that contradicts your opinion or disagrees with you is a political conspiracy by your political enemies. It's just people having their own tastes, people getting angry over anime and hating on it for not doing what they wanted to see and so on. You're just projecting and combining your political bias and your anime taste. It doesn't make a lot of sense from where I'm standing. You don't need a political conspiracy for bad or extremely negative reviews to become popular. That happens all the time and it feels more like YOU are shoehorning politics and political bias into this very unpolitical issue about anime taste, than anyone else doing so.

At this point. I doubt that I'll change my position on what happened to the negative views of Darling, but I'll still be open to discussion. That's why in my DitF review, I explicitly mentioned this: "Could Darling have a better outlook if it was aired in 2008 or earlier, rather than 2018 in an era where true conservatism has all but disappeared, and somehow it’s having its best months in a very long time? We'll never know, or it’s just maybe my higher than average paranoia tricking my mind."

At least we can agree that I tend to proyect my conservative views on anime, but it's not consistent. Case in point, hated Angel Beats (consevative) and loved Yagate Kimi ni Naru (proggressive)
Dec 27, 2018 10:44 AM

Jun 2017
Cool and all, if only they got any money. Do they?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 4 hours ago

22 by LoveYourEyes »»
2 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

68 by DarkFirefly72 »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

26 by Ex-Aid »»
12 minutes ago

» That moment when you realize...

Dominusew - 7 hours ago

12 by Ex-Aid »»
25 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

100 by FanofAction »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.