Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion

Dec 31, 2018 7:57 PM
I personally like it, 8/10

The characters are likeable, the MC... I like him, idk with you guys, but maybe it's just a cultural difference, but it's normal to have a snark like "are you on period" on girls whom you are close to in my place.

The plot is good, Mai and Koga arcs are good, Futaba and Konoda arcs are mediocre, and Kaede arc is decent for me (although I can't relate to the MC outburst after seeing the Amnesiac!Kaede personality gone).

The science exposition is beyond terrible though, can't they just handwave it as "supernatural occurance that appears whenever a teenager faces a problem in their life"?

And originality? Honestly, I'm not an hardcore anime fan, I rarely watch animes, so i think the story is original for me
Modified by Alcor_The_Faint, Dec 31, 2018 8:03 PM

Jan 1, 3:58 PM

So what I think is, that Sakuta suffers from the syndrome too... His scars throbbing are his stress unchecked and maybe Shouko-san is a manifestation for him to cope with the stress? Maybe it's not that complicated... Really looking forward to the movie.
I think this was the best anime of the season hands down, no bad episodes, drama was really good, comedy too, story interesting and still has me hooked, nice job to the studio.

Jan 1, 5:03 PM

I enjoyed the show but as a romantic comedy instead of a supernatural puberty show. Actually disliked the first part of the last episode, though, because... well, I never liked his little sister.

Still, made me giggle at the highschool convos. Also, Futaba best waifu.

7/10

Jan 1, 6:07 PM
uninstallthegame said:
despite the overwhelmingly positive reception, it still felt like quite an average show to me. taking bits and pieces from oregairu, monogatari, the time loop arc from haruhi and eventually not coming out as anything special in the end

what was quite a pleasant surprise at first just grew more and more stale over time and turned into an generic teenage drama show you could find anywhere now. it tried spicing things up with witty humor and "yeah, science, bitch!" but it felt so out of place and eventually it just got dumped in later arcs where imouto drama intensifies (especially when the dementia shit got thrown in)

but hey, lots of people ate this with a loud slurp and enjoyed it. 10's and 9's thrown in like this is some sort of masterpiece when in the end it's nothing better than AnoHana or other overdramatized stuff of that sort

opinions, amirite?

Jan 1, 10:35 PM

Man, it was a great episode. Especially the first part which was just incredible. It felt very emotional too. I knew Sakuta had a huge amount of stress and guilt on his back... to the point of finally break under his own mixed emotions. The scene where he just broke into tears under the rain was extremely well handled. And not to mention that the other scene where Shoko read Kaede's diary with him crying in the bath at the end was even more emotional.

This was such a great arc and although I will miss Panda Kaede (I really felt attached to her from the beginning, being honest), I think it's for the best since it would be nonsense to have her with no memories of her past at all. What's more, this result, her regarding her old memories and due to this, the "death" of Panda Kaede means that she's one step closer to fully overcome her trauma, which I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

That said, this one was of my favorite arcs. Well, I actually liked all of them but if I had to rank them, my top would be something like this:
1. Mai's Arc
2. Kaede's Arc (Although it didn't feel fully concluded, for me at least)
3. Koga's Arc
4. Futaba's Arc
5. Nodoka's Arc

Overall, this anime was great, I enjoyed every single episode and I hope the movie gives me the same sensations I got while watching this series. It was such a nice ride, I absolutely loved it.

And on a side note, I must say that I'm really curious about what's the deal with Shoko... what's she? a ghost, an illusion due to extreme stress, a guardian angel?... she has been very mysterious since the first time she was introduced.
Well then, I guess the movie will be something I will be waiting with great anticipation. For me, this was definitely my AOTS, 9/10.

Jan 1, 11:50 PM

It was sad how Kaede can't remember all those great times she had recently.

Shoko shows up again when needed, kinda interesting how the theory is she might not even exist.

Glad everything worked out between Mai & Sakuta, like how they teased the kiss at the end but did that funny moment instead.

Decent anime, if there is a second season I would watch.

7/10

Jan 2, 1:54 AM

OGAnime said:
No Sakuta and Mai kiss? 0/ 10

Same thoughts exactly. What - the - hell, writers.

Even though the Kaede arc was a bit iffy? I feel like they could've redeemed a good finale by doing some sort of zoom-out of Mai kissing Sakuta in the distance or something.

Jan 2, 4:26 AM
Kinda rushed end, but there's lots to tie up & setup for future Shoko movie & possibly that Kaede-san arc. Still would prefer more time on Kaede instead of splicing in Mai.

Mai, Nodoka, & Panda arcs (except end) were mostly great. Koga arc quite fun, but a bit iffy on Koga's selfish social fears. I much prefer Futaba bantering with Sakuta, but during her own arc much of that comedy charm unfortunately died off, the dual personality split while an interesting concept, perhaps plot itself didn't flow in an interesting way.
Rip Panda Kaede.
Also Shoko's such a mystery looking forward to that movie.

Jan 2, 8:59 AM
I'm really going to miss this anime, it made me feel many emotions, personally speaking my favorite girls are Futaba, Kaede and Mai in that same order.
I still can not get used to Kaede, her voice and manner of speaking is very sharp, she lost her charm of adorable Imouto, although it is good that she is good (it is very contradictory but the adorable Kaede is my favorite). It was shocking to see Sakuta lose control, knowing that the Kaede with which he shared the previous day was gone forever is a very hard hit to receive, besides it was uncomfortable to see him in that state, since Sakuta was very composed and he never showed his emotions that way, the worst part was when his scar bleed again, apparently there must be a connection between his emotions and that scar. The appearance of Shoko was a surprise and it gave a turn to the hard moment for which Sakuta happened, although if it was uncomfortable to see how Shoko took care of Sakuta, we know that Mai could have done it too, but it is a pity that she was not in the city.
It made me very sad to hear when Shoko read Kaede's diary, the saddest thing was to hear the voice of the adorable Kaede narrate all the moments she spent together with her beloved brother and Mai along with the girls who appeared and shared moments with Kaede, but when Kaede mentions that the challenges that she proposed for her, they were in reality for Sakuta sake, so he didn´t feel sad for not having done something for the adorable Kaede made me cry, her goal was that Sakuta was happy and proud that Kaede was happy.
The next day Sakuta looks horrible, letting out all that pain and sadness had its consequences, Shoko is gone and Mai tried to communicate with Sakuta, he returns the call and tells everything of what happened with Kaede, even so we see that Mai She is worried about Sakuta. Then we see that the days advance and Sakuta begins to wonder what happened with both Shokos, Sakuta and Futaba return to discuss the existence of Shoko and if she really is just a hallucination that Sakuta created.
Mai's visit was a pleasant surprise, I'm glad to see that she pulled out of the set to see Sakuta, but from the joy we went to the drama when Mai discovers that Shoko was with Sakuta and with a very sad face Mai leaves with tears in her. Obviously Sakuta ends up worse than before because he made Mai cry and leave very hurt, Nodoka talks to Sakuta about what happened and she warns him that it's Mai's birthday and he ruined everything, but Sakuta decides to go at that moment to where Mai is to fix things, Mai a little bit downhearted receives Sakuta and both are taken to a park so they can talk alone.
Sakuta and Mai share the jacket while they contemplate the city, both apologize for having hurt the feelings of both and then Mai asks him to close his eyes and expectantly to the kiss that we thought she would give to Sakuta, this evil little girl pinched his face ( damn, why doesn't she kiss him?), but in the end things are arranged and both are happy.
Then we see all the girls from the different arcs (Kaede was embarrassed to see what the adorable Kaede wrote in the diary) and without a doubt the part that I loved was when Sakuta presents Mai with his father and Kaede and finally Kaede decides to take back her life and go to school, because now she does not feel lonely.
I enjoyed this anime a lot, there were slow moments, but I think they are part of the development of the story and ended up being a contribution, the character design was my favorite along with the soundtrack, the opening is quite charming and the endings were to my liking , listening to the seiyuus of each arc, singing the ending was a pleasure, obviously my favorites were Futaba, Kaede and Mai.
I am left with the mystery of Shoko Makinohara, but the movie will cover all that arc, I hope that it will live up to the expectations and what we saw in the anime. 10/10 for the full anime and 8.5 / 10 for the episode, it felt very overloaded and a bit rushed this episode.

Jan 2, 12:23 PM
Melisolune said:
OGAnime said:
No Sakuta and Mai kiss? 0/ 10

Same thoughts exactly. What - the - hell, writers.

Even though the Kaede arc was a bit iffy? I feel like they could've redeemed a good finale by doing some sort of zoom-out of Mai kissing Sakuta in the distance or something.

The worse part from what I heard is that those who read the LN told me they should have already kissed more than once, the 1st being during futaba arc

Jan 2, 7:34 PM

Yikes, really bad last ep. Even though the end with mai and sakuta was cute, overall horrible last episode.

Jan 3, 12:00 AM

okay at last it ended!
aaand one more time!! KIMI NO SEI KIMI NO SEI KIMI NO SEI DE WATASHI UWU!!! lolz
Really!? score it 8.61 ranked as top 71!?
All the top ranked VA girls singing in the ED was glorious!
5/5.
8/10.

Jan 3, 1:18 AM

He should've destroyed the evidence, smh. This is why they say ignorance is bliss. You can't blame Mai for getting crushed like that. On the phone, Sakuta lied to her and put on a happy-air like nothing happened. Then she found the note and he spilled that he was actually depress, weak, and the only girl who consoled him was his first love. Why the hell wouldn't you show your vulnerable side only to your current lover???? That's messed up, even if it was unintentional or not :( Poor Mai-chan...

I'm not even the jealous type, but if that were to happen to me, I wouldn't even know how to feel or what to think of it D;> Like, my bf would have to be HELLA HELLA HELLA loyal for me to accept it was nothing :3 I suppose that's Sakuta tho, which is why he earned her forgiveness :X

Anyways.

I didn't really like how Shoko appeared randomly. It's super weird and felt too random/convenient. How did she even find him when he was going crazy in the rain, anyways? Unless she's a spirit or something always watching over him .-.

Too many things to my unliking happened in this anime ;A; like Kunimi staying with his psycho bitch gf >.> or the cuter amnesia Kaede disappearing </3 Still don't understand what's the deal with Shoko or how she came about. A mystery til the end. Idk. It was just very very generic overall. I'm not sure why it has the high avg rating that it does bc I personally don't believe this anime deserves it, as it's nothing innovative. Shit got real in this last episode, but meh.

6/10 is the best I can give it, honestly. I wouldn't say it's a bad watch, but it's nothing impressive either.

Jan 3, 6:31 AM

they really needed to extend the series or the final episode, it felt too rushed and all over the place.

being the final episode to the kaede arc, it should've concluded any loose ends with kaede like all the other arcs have, but instead the main conflict of the episode, which should've been resolving kaede, was diverted to resolving the relationship between mai and sakuta which really felt off. also, starting off the episode with sakuta crying that he lost hiragana kaede also felt a bit too sudden and in hindsight, maybe this episode should've been paired with episode 12 to have like a power hour for the finale (so our feelings for kaede would've carried over from the previous episode without the week long wait). since as it is, the finale episode is split between 14 min devoted to kaede and 10 to mai, wherein it should've been fully devoted to kaede.

a better flow without changing much could've been as follows... sakuta is devastated from hiragana kaede loss (same stuff happens, his scar reappears), wallows in depression at home with shoko picking him up. when he wakes up he reads shoko's note and resolves himself (after recalling about what they spoke about last night, how hiragana kaede wanted sakuta to be happy, not let her efforts in vein, and support kanji kaede) to confront kanji/OG kaede, and also clean himself up - that could be conveyed via the tomato and bread scene though expanded on with sakuta washing his face with cold water, and slapping himself to wake himself up - you know the cliche. also during this time, sakuta returns the phone call to mai (who's away on a shoot), mai gets worried so she texts her little sis nodaka to check up on sakuta. before nodaka meets up with sakuta, sakuta drops by (in the morning, before school) kaede's room to check up on her and to drop off the diary that hiragana kaede had been holding onto the entire season. sakuta briefly probes how close kanji kaede is to hiragana kaede (in terms of likes, dislikes), and returns back home to get ready for school. nodaka meets up with sakuta. this is where they have an exchange with sakuta saying something along the lines of "older siblings have to look strong in front of their little siblings" (i think they might've said it in a previous episode), and nodaka can retort back with a "well, i wish you older siblings would be selfish at least some times, since us little siblings are reliable too" (as a nod to nodaka and mai's relationship, and also sakuta's and kaede's). this goes along with the overarching theme of the show - that you don't have to always follow the norm and in fact if you do it might be more harmful than doing something outside the box. this could be the big climax point, with sakuta going through his mind throughout the season he's had to break the mold (confessing to mai, forcing koga to confess to him, pushing futaba to confess, and same with nodaka), realizing that he can both protect kaede from bullies while being selfish and push some of the grievances he's had with kanji kaede replacing hiragana kaede. this climax can be elevated further by having sakuta ask nodaka to punch him, slap, something physical in order to literally push his body to what he's thinking about, or rather force the body to do action. for bonus points, this whole exchange could happen right after school (nodaka, waiting for him outside the gate), so sakuta is running to the hospital with his uniform and bag on with the "kimi no sei" opening playing in the background. he reaches the hospital out of breath and reaches kaede's room where he bursts into the room while shouting kaede, where kaede is seen reading hiragana kaede's diary, before hiding it from sight after seeing sakuta enter the room (maybe showing signs of embarrassment). she asks sakuta (aneki? i think is her reference instead of oniichan) why he's so out of breath, and that he surprised her, while sakuta tries to collect his thoughts. a time skip can be made (implying they've been talking about trivial stuff for a few minutes), and finally kaede catches sakuta's eyes looking straight at the diary that she was meaning to hide. she'll reply with something along the lines of "two years huh. i was a completely different person during that time. but it's good to know that even when i was someone else i was still striving to improve myself". and then sakuta would respond with something cheeky at first like "you were head over heels for me" and then kaede would have a slight jab like "no way, liar" while blushing before sakuta changes the subject to a serious matter. like the bullying she experienced, how he's sorry that he wasn't there, or that he's somewhat confused or hates himself for wanting hiragana kaede over OG kaede, before resolving both their worries by exclaiming that he's looking to improve himself and will try his best to be kaede's support. at this point, it's night time and sakuta has to go back home, but kaede tugs on his shirt saying it's fine if he stays a little bit longer, implying or outright saying that she wants to talk about all the stuff that happened while she was in coma. sakuta sighs, says he's had a rough day (with him being punched by nodaka, and running here, not to mention the mental toll he's had), but asks kaede to move and make room on the bed since he's tired. next morning, it can be like a throw-back to a previous episode where sakuta woke up with kaede next to him with sakuta pushing kaede aside, randomly saying "who would get excited over their imouto?" as a reflex, but instead OG kaede would just crankily say "aneki, what the hell" with sakuta responding "sorry, reflex". before leaving the room (to go home, or school), kaede will lightly say "let's go to the zoo to see some pandas", with sakuta looking back at her with a smile, and then kaede will lightly say or whisper "oniichan" as a throwback to hiragana kaede with sakuta getting teary eyed and super smiley.

all of this happening would've been pretty satisfying, imo. and then you could have some time after (school, when he gets back home), mai waiting for him outside his door, they go inside and mai sees the shoko note and the rest could happen

note: the point of this rewrite/flow edit is to move the whole conflict with mai to a later point in order to focus in on the conflict with kaede.
Modified by Oniikami, Jan 3, 6:38 AM

Jan 3, 2:28 PM
Kaede is also basicly dead and Sakuta cant do anything except for grieving.
A perfect bittersweet End If I ever see one.
The last sentence confirms what I always thought, It was his own Puperty Syndrom Ark, not Kaedes alone. If your too be too nice, things go too much under your skin.
He harm himselfe, like Kaedes Bullys harmed her. He had the same Type of Pupertysyndrom, I guess.
It was a very good Episode.

Jan 4, 1:48 AM
SouthRzVa said:
2. Kaede's Arc (Although it didn't feel fully concluded, for me at least)

iirc its not yet fully concluded even in LNs ... and they are 2 LNs beyond where movies will end

Jan 4, 6:16 AM

There should have been more focus on Kaede having regained her memories.

Jan 4, 8:07 AM

well the whole shit with Kaede gave me some tears, so well done.

7/10 show IMO, with the potential to uprate depending on how the movie goes. The first half of the show was better, I agree, but the comedy and drama and Sakuta broisms were all on consistently on point. The last two shows in this vein I watched (Sora Yori and Kokoro Connect) were less consistent on both counts. My only real complaints are that it ends so obviously inconclusively (like all anime do, naturally) and the handwavey nature of "puberty syndrome." The drama was genuine and dealt with some heavy, real world shit, but this adolescence crap is just putting on airs.

Small complaints, though. It was a great show.

Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
He should've destroyed the evidence, smh. This is why they say ignorance is bliss. You can't blame Mai for getting crushed like that. On the phone, Sakuta lied to her and put on a happy-air like nothing happened. Then she found the note and he spilled that he was actually depress, weak, and the only girl who consoled him was his first love. Why the hell wouldn't you show your vulnerable side only to your current lover???? That's messed up, even if it was unintentional or not :( Poor Mai-chan...

I'm not even the jealous type, but if that were to happen to me, I wouldn't even know how to feel or what to think of it D;> Like, my bf would have to be HELLA HELLA HELLA loyal for me to accept it was nothing :3 I suppose that's Sakuta tho, which is why he earned her forgiveness :X

Anyways.

I didn't really like how Shoko appeared randomly. It's super weird and felt too random/convenient. How did she even find him when he was going crazy in the rain, anyways? Unless she's a spirit or something always watching over him .-.

Too many things to my unliking happened in this anime ;A; like Kunimi staying with his psycho bitch gf >.> or the cuter amnesia Kaede disappearing </3 Still don't understand what's the deal with Shoko or how she came about. A mystery til the end. Idk. It was just very very generic overall. I'm not sure why it has the high avg rating that it does bc I personally don't believe this anime deserves it, as it's nothing innovative. Shit got real in this last episode, but meh.

6/10 is the best I can give it, honestly. I wouldn't say it's a bad watch, but it's nothing impressive either.

I think after this episode it's evident Shouko is either an apparition or a manifestation of Sakuta's imagination, probably a therapeutic device of some sort. With this show's general nature, probably the latter.

Jan 4, 8:59 AM

Zadion said:
well the whole shit with Kaede gave me some tears, so well done.

7/10 show IMO, with the potential to uprate depending on how the movie goes. The first half of the show was better, I agree, but the comedy and drama and Sakuta broisms were all on consistently on point. The last two shows in this vein I watched (Sora Yori and Kokoro Connect) were less consistent on both counts. My only real complaints are that it ends so obviously inconclusively (like all anime do, naturally) and the handwavey nature of "puberty syndrome." The drama was genuine and dealt with some heavy, real world shit, but this adolescence crap is just putting on airs.

Small complaints, though. It was a great show.

Kokoro_Inuzuka said:

Anyways.

I think after this episode it's evident Shouko is either an apparition or a manifestation of Sakuta's imagination, probably a therapeutic device of some sort. With this show's general nature, probably the latter.

That's what I deducted, but her leave note had me puzzled. I guess she can write as a ghost/spirit or whatever like in AnoHana lol

Jan 4, 11:50 AM

Wow, an actual ending that's not too fulfilling and yet, very satisfying and doesn't let any bad thoughts out of me this late in the game. This is such a concise and “good” conclusion.
The quality remained consistent throughout, and my fairs from the last episode of Kaede's memory restoration and Sakuta's first crush deal was at least answered in a way. But still, the show remained to have a somewhere of an open ending that makes you hope for a second season, and we've already been promised a movie sequel that you know will have a better production value, and that's not to say that the show was that cheap, in fact, it was huge on quality.

Review: https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=298054
Modified by Eoussama, Jan 4, 1:21 PM

Jan 5, 2:45 AM

The series looked really bland with its art and mediocre animation but good execution makes this show shine really bright. The idea isn't really anything new but it somehow stuck and got its viewers invested. A good show overall and am looking forward to more from the series and from the director of this show. Good stuff

Jan 5, 11:34 AM

Damn I got emotional too on this episode. JUST KISS!
Overall this show was very beautiful it's linked up with real life puberty problems, I would put it a 9 but the two final arcs were not like the first 3. 8/10

Jan 5, 1:38 PM

Spannerhead said:
sedtz said:

Seconded... I could understand some confusion because of the sudden change, sure, but ultimately... shouldn't Kaede going back to her normal self be a good thing? A relief, even? His outburst seemed completely ridiculous to me, running and screaming... cringy. -_- Almost as if he preferred the weaker Kaede over the normally functioning one? Enjoyed her completely depending on him and having a brother complex? Wtf.

Empathy. A number of things:

1. When Kaede was accomplishing her goals, it was as emotionally taxing for Sakuta as it was for Kaede. He cares deeply for her and feels what she feels when she goes through it, but puts on a brave face to be her stronger older brother. He's not an emotionless robot, and the thought that all that he and Kaede went through together (everything we saw and so much more over the past couple of years of their lives) was for nothing was utterly devastating. All the pent-up emotion he held in for her sake during all Kaede's steps forward was just unleashed.
2. All the connections that Kaede had built with Sakuta's friends---Mai especially---were gone.
3. Sakuta probably thought that Kaede would be in the same place she had been before she lost her memories---easily affected by Puberty Syndrome and vulnerable to injury and again, all his efforts were for naught.

I don't know about you, but my response would be much like Sakuta's under those circumstances.

Hmm. I can understand a little bit. He did try to encourage her to do things, that in itself is touching. Still... the person he's mourning was not his sister, the person who actually exists. Rather, it was a... well, what was Kaede? A different mind, a different person? A split personality? A symptom of a syndrome? Whatever she -- it -- was... was not The original person. More like an impostor. I can't seem to feel empathy for her because I don't undestand what she was even. Rather, the Kaede now gets to continue her life, the life that belongs to her and not to "the other Kaede". That seems right to me. ô_o He might have sobbed a little but screaming and running away from your sister - the real one - is a bit much?

Jan 5, 6:29 PM
I really loved this show. I especially fell in love with it after the first 3 episodes. I found that the stories and characters were very unique. This is definitely one of the best anime of 2018. The emotion I felt when Sakuta lost Kaede was impactful.

This show was amazing. I give it a 9/10.

Jan 6, 4:47 AM

Spannerhead said:
Air-117 said:
I will never ever forgive them for what they did in episode 13 at minute 22 44 seconds. Never ever never forever will I ever forget nor forgive them for doing that as long as I live and even after death.

If the movie doesn't have the Kiss to End All Kisses, there are going to be riots in the streets... ;)

Agreed XD haha....,

Man... that last scene tho just kiss already XD, and at last Sakuta introduced Mai to his dad :3
this Kaede arc was quite a journey with mixed feelings. although the existence of shoko and her relation towards both kaede problem and sakuta scar still bugging me. Still, i think i satisfied and really enjoyed this series to the end, and damn Sakuta's personality is hilarously gold i liked it.

The OP is great and catchy, and ED is also good. They did pretty good on doing the ED scene with each character VA as the singer and short scene about the character arc itself based on the their story arc.

This series is one of my top watchlist for this fall. I really enjoyed and satisfied with it.I personally think They did really good in mixing of Romcom and Supernatural at this series. I didn't expect that they can mix Supernatural cases with Physics/Mechanical Quantum, Paradox "thing"and Psychology( Personality Disorder, Depersonality Disorder, even Dissosiative Disorder). On top of that, it suprisingly really good. I kinda had big interest with that such things above, tho i didn't really understand some of it. Beside that I really liked the selection of words/diction and sentences that they used in most of dialogues, it somehow both "beautiful" and "neat" for me.

As for Romcom side (since i also big fan of romcom). i really liked how they developed and interpreted romance and slight comedy in this series, not only that they also did good on family love and friendship in it, and certainly the mutual love between both MC (SakutaXMai) is elaborated perfectly i think personally. The pace of their relationship is good with good portion between light and heavy moments.

Another point that really interest me so far is about the "Existence" thing that become big point of view i think. It might be related to psychological things that i said above. Personally this "Existence" topic is one of my greatest interest. and They put it to the story and character development very well.

I hope they'll explain more regarding Sakuta and Kaede scar with Shoko "existence" and more SakutaxMai :D in the future movie since this final episode seems like a little cliffhanger to me, Can't wait for it.

Really awesome series, especially for Romcom+Supernatural
I loved it, 10/10 for me
Modified by r16fourarm, Jan 6, 12:05 PM

Jan 7, 12:07 AM

When Sakuta was running out of the hospital, I'm sorry but I couldn't help myself from not laughing at his silly running in the rain was. I'm surprised someone hasn't made a gif out of that and used it as a reaction image.

Interesting...looks like the Sakuta's scars reopened, possibly a physical manifestation of his mental stress, similar to his sister's wounds appearing out of nowhere. Maybe that's the reason for his easy-going personality being the way it is, a particular sense of humor to try and cope with emotional distress, not unlike comedians who battle their inner demons.

I honestly wasn't expecting older Shoko to come back. A little strange at how convenient her timing is though. Maybe her deus ex machina will be explained in the movie. Also a little surprised to see that Mai didn't notice his visibly redder scarred chest.

Looks like we're all just going to have to get over the fact that panda-loving Kaede is gone now...either that, or she somehow gains back her recent memories slowly from reading her diary.

One thing that's been bugging me this entire series, (besides Shoko's arc that's going to be the focus of the movie): Why does Kunimi's girlfriend have to be such a bitch, let alone still stay with her? I just don't see what he sees in her. Reading her bio in the character info makes her sound even more shallow than I initially thought she was.

Jan 7, 4:06 AM

I guess the issue here is Sakuta is sad because the "2 year old" Kaede died when her memories came back. Goodbye panda pyjama imouto.

Makinohara Shouko adult version comes to the house. The mystery about her become deeper. The fact that her short written letter can affect Mai, I stand by the belief that the adult Shouko is a real entity, and not just a figment of Sakuta's imagination.

Snow weather helped Sakuta get closer to Mai. I guess this is a good place to end season 1. Now, to wait for the movie. :)

Jan 7, 7:13 AM
What volume/chapter in the LN the Anime left off when it finished?

Jan 8, 7:29 AM
Good build up on early episodes but meh ending imo.So it was like Kaede just dissapear like that and nothing about shouko san? 7/10 it has some enjoyable moments but definitely not a masterpiece.

Jan 8, 2:35 PM

That was a weak ending, like really weak. I'm guessing the up coming movie should fix that feeling though.

Cute show though :)

Jan 8, 9:48 PM

The conclusion to Kaede's arc was underwhelming. I, and possibly other viewers, became attached to the exciting, panda pajama-wearing Kaede who existed throughout the previous 12 episodes only to have that personality discarded in the form of her amnesia. She returned to her old, mellow self before she was bullied at school (?) in the end. The outcome for Kaede's arc is like that cliche trope which the main character of a story participates in all these fantastic situations, but simply wakes up from a dream and in reality nothing changed at all. It was similar to that for me except the perspective was not from the dreamer (Kaede), but from her older brother, Sakuta. All along the shut-in personality Kaede had before episode 13 was imaginary and her recovery progress to reintegrate into society again - before she lost her memories of the most recent two years - was thrown away.
Modified by Linerax, Jan 8, 10:05 PM

Jan 9, 6:08 PM

Not even gonna lie, I'd also be pretty torn-up if my hypothetically amnesiac sister went from the incarnation of moe who worships my feet to a generic teenage girl (again) overnight.

8/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

Jan 11, 9:58 AM

I honestly think that anime was amazing in many aspects. I am pretty disappointed with the last ep tho it lacked the progression between Mai and Sakuta that I was honestly looking for :( Hopefully all the plot holes lead to an assumption that there will be a second season, fingers crossed!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 11, 12:31 PM

pretty emotional ending, felt like a huge cliffhanger, wonder when itll pick itself back up.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396

Jan 11, 5:22 PM

Very amazing ending if you ask me, really loved marathoning this series to be honest as I just love this kind of concept and setting of these kind of anime to be honest. The pacing of both story and episodic were just brilliant and I must say the "no breathers" really made it quite interesting.

This anime also gave me a whole lot of Haruhi vibes and the whole scientific and supernatural aspect made it even better.

Really enjoyed watching this series and I am really looking forwards for the movie to be honest!

All in all a great anime if you ask me.

Jan 12, 10:04 AM
Memorable series, I could remember all the amazing conversations through their cuddle at the end!

Jan 15, 2:02 AM

just wanted to drop a this is a nice,. enjoyable anime, although I felt like if they did more with Sakuta & Mai this anime couldve been much better (in other words, the Kaede, Futaba, Toyohama arcs were a bit redundant or poorly done). 7.5/10

Jan 16, 4:36 PM

Poor Kaede :( but I don't understand why Sakuta cried when she get back her memory.. he should happy right? The ending is not satisfying for me.. It's just an okay show..
RYOSAKU ♥ my OTP

Yesterday, 12:24 AM
Wise Cat

I don't know what to think about it tbh. The characters were good and I like them, but the anime somehow lost me after ep 5 ca, but it was still good. Just the end didn't get me and was like... well, okay.

Today, 12:50 AM

That was a weak ending, didn't feel conclusive. Instead of throwing in some last minute drama with girlfriend senpai they should have focused on the sister and properly wrapped it up.

The first two arcs were great but after that it felt repetitive without much progress on the mystery girl, supernatural occurrences, or the relationship fronts. On top of that the earlier encountered members of the cast just faded out towards the end which made the whole thing emptier than it had to be.

With "Bunny Girl" in the title and on the cover art I was expecting the whole bunny girl thing to have a bigger role than that 2 minutes or what that we got out of it in the first arc. I realize now that it was probably just a ploy to catch attention which leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

With all that critique out of the way, overall it was a well done series with solid art and animation. I probably enjoyed the conversations and MCs sense of humor the most.

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]