Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 26, 2018 9:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it is a memory problem after all for Kaede. Part of her syndrome problem is a more easier way to put it.

Sakuta's feelings were very clear too and perhaps showed more than any other episode. I also find Sakura's behavior to be much more emotional compared to the other arcs, probably because of his own past related to Kaede. Not sure how I feel about Shouko showing up though. She's probably the weakest link imo out of the main cast. (or supporting character)

Definitely a pretty interesting show overall imo and will check out the movie in the future.
Dec 26, 2018 9:46 AM

Feb 2018
Kaede's memory is chaotic but thanks to Sakuta's help she can get through it
Dec 26, 2018 9:51 AM

Jul 2017
Well that's over

First and second arcs were great. Third arc was decent. Fourth arc was meh and final arc was decently meh

Good show
Short_CircutDec 26, 2018 10:42 AM
Dec 26, 2018 10:24 AM
Apr 2017
Definitely my Aoty, from today my Thursday will no longer be expected. The movie is still very far away, can't wait
Dec 26, 2018 11:05 AM

Sep 2014
Have to say, Cloverworks did a good job at adapting this work. Hope the will stay like dat...

Enjoyed the first 2 arcs but the rest was also not bad.

Looking forward to this movie.

Dec 26, 2018 11:20 AM

Apr 2010
I know this was the last episode but it didn't feel like the ending at all, i know there is still another arc in a special upcoming but still it didn't feel like the last episode.
I kinda get the Kokoro Connect vibes from this ending even tho that anime didn't look like this at all.

That being said i am looking forward to the special.
Dec 26, 2018 11:40 AM
Jul 2017
Expected to see something about the girl who has the same name as Sakuta's first crush.
:(
Dec 26, 2018 11:40 AM

Dec 2017
despite the overwhelmingly positive reception, it still felt like quite an average show to me. taking bits and pieces from oregairu, monogatari, the time loop arc from haruhi and eventually not coming out as anything special in the end

what was quite a pleasant surprise at first just grew more and more stale over time and turned into an generic teenage drama show you could find anywhere now. it tried spicing things up with witty humor and "yeah, science, bitch!" but it felt so out of place and eventually it just got dumped in later arcs where imouto drama intensifies (especially when the dementia shit got thrown in)

but hey, lots of people ate this with a loud slurp and enjoyed it. 10's and 9's thrown in like this is some sort of masterpiece when in the end it's nothing better than AnoHana or other overdramatized stuff of that sort
Dec 26, 2018 11:42 AM
Jan 2018
No Sakuta and Mai kiss? 0/10
Dec 26, 2018 11:46 AM
Nov 2018
Great anime, the big surprise of this season, I didn't think it was going to be so good.

shmevin said:
Expected to see something about the girl who has the same name as Sakuta's first crush.
:(

Shoko's arc is for the movie.
Dec 26, 2018 11:55 AM

Nov 2016
Pretty good show overall, but boy, did it go downhill for me after the fantastic first arc. I still enjoyed it and there were some great moments even within the weaker arcs. But it's just a suboptimal development if a show becomes less enjoyable towards the end instead of the other way around.

The ending was still cute

And I will give this show a 7 cause the good aspects were outweighing the bad ones by a large margin.

Looking forward to the movie and hope that it will give us more interaction between Sakuta and Mai.
FMmatronDec 26, 2018 12:32 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 26, 2018 1:17 PM

Dec 2014
Great show overall. The thing with Kaede doesn't feel resolved to me, which is quite irritating. Guess I'll have to wait for the movie for at least something...
I need sleep.
Dec 26, 2018 1:26 PM
Nov 2015
So, for starters, I didn't like how emotional he got with Kaede recovering her memories. I mean, he treats it as if the other Kaede died in the process, but doesn't that mean that his sister has resurrected by this logic?

Going for a more logical aproach, she exchanged her couple years of new memories for over a decade of old ones, so, good for her.

And now Shoko appears. I starting to think that she is an imaginary friend, even though everyone else was able to see her.

For here onwards there were some good moments. But Kaede's arc still felt incomplete.

Overall, this show was actually a huge disappointment. I really liked Mai's arc, but the rest of the show wasn't that good at all. Other than that, it was filled with cliché, was only a glued together copy of many other popular plot lines, which made it feel unoriginal. In the end it was still a fine show but nothing more than that...

Oh... and... Why keep teasing the viewers with a kiss that would never happen? Come on, the show tried to sell the protagonist as someone averted from normal cliched anime characters but kept one of the most cliched thing ever up until the very end!? Why? Just why?
felipeliborioDec 26, 2018 2:02 PM
Dec 26, 2018 1:26 PM

Apr 2016
This final episode was so sad.. I cried so much. Sakuta had to suffer so much.. Is so sad that the cute Kaede is gone.. :((
I wonder who really is Shoko? She appeared only when Kaede lost her memory 1st time and now when her memory are back..
Can't wait to see the upcoming movie.. I think i'll probably start to read the LN if someone will translate it

Final score 10/10

Dec 26, 2018 1:28 PM
Jun 2014
The Kaede situation didn't feel completely resolved we also have the older Shouko situation but that's were the movie comes in.

Good show highlights being the first arc, the other arcs suffered from having a slow pace.

The only anime I watched from this season saw some of that Jojo but dropped it.
Dec 26, 2018 1:31 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so Kaede's memories did return along with her old personality. Poor Sakuta though. Shoko's arrival sure was timely as was her attempt to calm Sakuta. Shoko's and later Kaede's reading of the diary sure was nice as it allowed us insight into her inner world. Its sad that Kaede also realized that her time was running out. Kaede's old self sure is quite the contrast with her alter self. The mystery of Shoko's identity sure is intriguing though. So that was Mai's reason for showing up out of the blue. Good thing Sakuta managed to make it to Mai's side before the day ended. Though brief their date sure was sweet. Mai's reward though lol. A pretty good finale with the ending scenes being especially amusing. It was good that Kaede managed to regain the courage to go back to school.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2018 1:32 PM

Apr 2015
I have to say, I really wanted a more satisfying ending
Regardless I enjoyed the series very much
Dec 26, 2018 1:37 PM

Dec 2014
Didn't really feel like an ending to me, I guess with the movie coming they kinda decided to end it like the end of any other arc with a short aftermath of what happened.

Great episode however.

The first half was really hard to watch, Sakuta crying in the bath made me tear up. :(
Looks like the Kaede we the viewers knew is pretty much gone forever and she's become who she once was. Maybe in the future perhaps the movie there might be some throwbacks with her acting similar to the Kaede we knew but I guess it's best not to get our hopes up. I'll miss Panda Kaede. :(

Interesting that the bigger Shoko-san appeared, she seems like a really caring and gentle person just as Sakuta's described. Futaba is suspicious that she's just a product of Sakuta's imagination which might perhaps be true given that the title of the movie is 'Yumemiru Shoujo' so we'll see the truth soon enough.

Man, when Mai-san teared up after having realized that she couldn't be there for Sakuta, I felt so bad. T.T
I'm glad that things got sorted out fast, pre-credits final scene with Sakuta and Mai together was beautiful. :)

Overall, this was a great show. While it does feel a little reminiscent of Oregairu and perhaps a little of the Monogatari series, I think it was strong enough to carve out it's own identity. The characters are definitely what pulled this show through, each and every one of them was very likable and the chemistry between them is generally very compelling. Special mention to Sakuta and Mai's relationship since we don't see stuff like this so often and also to Kaede and Koga who were very endearing characters as well. If I had to pick out anything, I would say that Futaba's arc wasn't nearly as good as the rest and Nodoka's arc was a little tacked on but apart from that it was fantastic. Cloverworks put some really nice production into this as well so point for that too.

9/10, looking forward to the movie and more Shoko-san.
Dec 26, 2018 1:39 PM

Nov 2011
I don't know what to do anymore but wait for the movie.
Hate Keeps me warm
Dec 26, 2018 1:40 PM
Jul 2017
OGAnime said:
No Sakuta and Mai kiss? 0/10
Well, did you count one at episode 6? (Although it just cheek XD)
Dec 26, 2018 1:44 PM

Aug 2018
Lelouch0202 said:
Didn't really feel like an ending to me, I guess with the movie coming they kinda decided to end it like the end of any other arc with a short aftermath of what happened.

Great episode however.

The first half was really hard to watch, Sakuta crying in the bath made me tear up. :(
Looks like the Kaede we the viewers knew is pretty much gone forever and she's become who she once was. Maybe in the future perhaps the movie there might be some throwbacks with her acting similar to the Kaede we knew but I guess it's best not to get our hopes up. I'll miss Panda Kaede. :(

Interesting that the bigger Shoko-san appeared, she seems like a really caring and gentle person just as Sakuta's described. Futaba is suspicious that she's just a product of Sakuta's imagination which might perhaps be true given that the title of the movie is 'Yumemiru Shoujo' so we'll see the truth soon enough.

Man, when Mai-san teared up after having realized that she couldn't be there for Sakuta, I felt so bad. T.T
I'm glad that things got sorted out fast, pre-credits final scene with Sakuta and Mai together was beautiful. :)

Overall, this was a great show. While it does feel a little reminiscent of Oregairu and perhaps a little of the Monogatari series, I think it was strong enough to carve out it's own identity. The characters are definitely what pulled this show through, each and every one of them was very likable and the chemistry between them is generally very compelling. Special mention to Sakuta and Mai's relationship since we don't see stuff like this so often and also to Kaede and Koga who were very endearing characters as well. If I had to pick out anything, I would say that Futaba's arc wasn't nearly as good as the rest and Nodoka's arc was a little tacked on but apart from that it was fantastic. Cloverworks put some really nice production into this as well so point for that too.

9/10, looking forward to the movie and more Shoko-san.

Good take and I agree with your analysis. It was nice that every character had at least a small part in this episode, and the post-credits scene was good also.

Was really hoping for a one-hour finale, but.....we'll just have to wait for the film.

Speaking of, any details about where, when and how much it will be to view it? Anyone?
Set SCE to AUX
Dec 26, 2018 1:45 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Good show but it lost a lot of momentum towards the end. The back and forth and banter between Mai and Sakuta was the strongest point and once you started to focus away from their relationship, it just evolved into a more typical anime drama.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 26, 2018 1:49 PM

Nov 2017
Farabeuf said:
Good show but it lost a lot of momentum towards the end. The back and forth and banter between Mai and Sakuta was the strongest point and once you started to focus away from their relationship, it just evolved into a more typical anime drama.

Someone, give this guy a medal!!!! Just exactly what was i thinking. And its not a good show. It had the potential to be one but failed a big time.
Dec 26, 2018 1:55 PM

Jul 2008
felipeliborio said:
So, for starters, I didn't like how emotional he got with Kaede recovering her memories. I mean, he treats it as if the other Kaede died in the process, but doesn't that mean that his sister has resurrected by this logic?

While he is no doubt happy that Kaede-san is back, nothing changes the fact that Kaede-chan has died. And grief over a loved one's death trumps every other emotion.
Dec 26, 2018 1:57 PM

Jan 2016
Great show, now I really want to see the movie. 9/10

Futaba best girl
Dec 26, 2018 1:58 PM
Apr 2017
Oh come on, kiss on cheek would be enough.
Dec 26, 2018 2:01 PM

Aug 2018
Nayrael said:
felipeliborio said:

While he is no doubt happy that Kaede-san is back, nothing changes the fact that Kaede-chan has died. And grief over a loved one's death trumps every other emotion.

+1000

The folks complaining about Sakuta's show of emotion are the same people whining that he was written as a sarcastic, emotionless OP MC.

Also let's see them remain "logical" when a loved one dies...

Emilia said:
Great show, now I really want to see the movie. 9/10

Futaba best girl

9.5/10 for me. If it weren't for a few animation quality hiccups here and there it would be 10/10.

Bonus ponytail Futaba this episode!
Set SCE to AUX
Dec 26, 2018 2:02 PM

Oct 2012
will there be a season 2/ continuation of some sort
Dec 26, 2018 2:03 PM
Dec 2018
I’m my opinion best anime this season and for me definitely in my top 5 now
Dec 26, 2018 2:06 PM

Oct 2010
Honestly had to lower my overall score because of this last arc. I love Kaede but this was a pretty weak arc. But I loved seeing Sakuta's raw emotion over her "death". Really was very sad.

Still one of my favorites of the season and year. I hope the movie is better. Kaede and Tomoe best girls
Dec 26, 2018 2:07 PM

Apr 2015
Seeing Sakuta break, after realising that the "new" kaede was gone, was quite tough to watch.. Poor Sakuta :( Shoko is realy a mysterious thing so far, can't wait to see the movie, eventho I will probably have to wait a very long time before I can see it.

Gotta love that heartwarming ending with Mai & Sakuta looking upon the city.

10/10 from me, definitely AOTS, just short of being AOTY.

Dec 2015
Everybody is either overhyping or overating the show. I guess I'm the only one to say it was a good show. I'll admit it had a potential of being a extremely great and fun show (specially with the first 3 episodes, that were by far the best part of the anime), but because of the many flaws, it ended up being just a good experience. A solid 7/10.

Apr 2014
Enjoyed how the ending song this time had every girl singing.

Dec 26, 2018 2:08 PM

Jun 2017
AOTS!

Not the ending i expected but good nonetheless
Now we will have to wait for the movie

CloverWorks really did a great Job with this LN-Adaptation

I still miss "old" new Kaede tho...
I don't want to spoil the movie but i also want to read the LNs
Dec 26, 2018 2:09 PM
Apr 2015
Last episode ruined the whole thing for me. Was still a contender for a solid 8/10, but now it's a definite 7 and maybe even a 6. Disappointed.
Saiyan_Prince said:
I've never cheated on someone before, but I've been cheated on. And let me tell you, it hurts like a bitch. If you don't want to be with someone, please just go ahead and end it before you even think about looking for that someone else. Don't wait and find that person in order to line it up first and then just move from one relationship to the next without even pausing. I honestly don't understand how people can be heartless enough to cheat on someone.

Dec 2015
FMmatron said:
Pretty good show overall, but boy, did it go downhill for me after the fantastic first arc. I still enjoyed it and there were some great moments even within the weaker arcs. But it's just a suboptimal development if a show becomes less enjoyable towards the end instead of the other way around.

The ending was still cute

And I will give this show a 7 cause the good aspects were outweighing the bad ones by a large margin.

Looking forward to the movie and hope that it will give us more interaction between Sakuta and Mai.

I couldn't have said any better

Jun 2017
Loved this show and very hyped for the movie! Shouko really seems to appear at very convenient times so I am super curious as to what's going on with her...

Too bad for Kaede-chan but maybe we will get to like the original as well with time.
Dec 26, 2018 2:16 PM

Jul 2012
It's clear with the ending that they are setting us up for the movie. This was the end of yet another arc, its just like the ending of most anime that we already know will have a second season/continuation. People should wait for that before calling this ending disappointing.

I mean what else could they really do to end it? This isn't the end of the story, its just the end of volume 5. This was a good way to mark what is probably about the half way point of the light novels. Obviously they aren't going to reveal anything yet.

This show was 10/10 for me. The only real issue I had with this episode was them not playing Kimi no Sei as he was running to Mai, and how quickly he got over Kaede, but I guess it makes sense after reading the journal. The reading of the journal was the "flashback" type thing that plenty of other anime do to make you feel nostalgic over the past few months you've spent with the characters. Doing it through the eyes of a character we essentially have to say goodbye to, was an awesome way to do it.
Dec 26, 2018 2:22 PM
Jul 2018
Has too many ups and downs but overall nice watch. I think the artstyle/visual is very flawed than anything of this show (thankfully the movie and cloverworks' next works looks really on a whole new level quality so they are improving as a new studio). Not to mention there are many moments hard to accept and each arcs have too much less variations to each other (after the first arc) and many conflict resolves with coincidence. Still I feel all this is just beginning and hopefully there is long story ahead to tell of Sakuta.

BTW, I am not okay with that 'bunny girl' title which have almost nothing to do with story lol. Also that cover shot though..
Dec 26, 2018 2:27 PM

Jul 2016
Somehow knew this show was going to end on a bit of an anti-climax considering the pacing and time left. This episode was a pretty surprisingly great conclusion to Kaede's arc.The emotional scene with the diary was executed well and I'm glad the show committed a fairly large amount of screen time to Kaede despite my initial thoughts that it should be shorter. The ending of this show reminds me of Just Because's ending in its mellow tone and I find it appropriate. The anime sets out to wrap up the character arc of Sakuta and it does it not with a bang but with a whimper - which keeps in line with the general off-beat tone and pacing the series had from the start as well as its subversion of many popular light novel tropes. Seems to be somewhat the style of the author and I personally love it.

I love how this anime kept so consistent in its simplicity and never had to delve into unnecessary things like the Adolescent Syndrome and just focused on the characters. Heck even the existence of Shoko is waved off since we don't have a pressing need to know her arc (though I would like to see an adaptation of her arc. This will likely end up joining a plethora of anime worthy of getting another season/continuation but will never get one).

I think this is a great show and would be an easy pick for AOTY if the earlier in the year wasn't so goddamn packed with good stuff. It has charming characters, good writing, and is technically solid. If put it just below Just Because and a bit above Sakurasou if I were to compare it with the author's previous works. Check all of them out if you liked this show and haven't heard of them. Solid 8/10.
Dec 26, 2018 2:29 PM

Jul 2017
Maaan this didn't feel like a final episode at all. The Kaede problem doesn't feel like it was solved and i don't know if that will be adressed in the movie along with the Shouko arc. It was a 10/10 for me until this episode came about. In the end i think its still AOTS but 9/10.
Dec 26, 2018 2:31 PM
Jul 2017
no kiss at end REEEEEEEEEEEEE
Dec 26, 2018 2:34 PM

Mar 2016
feels bad for my boi Sakuta, though
Dec 26, 2018 2:35 PM
Nov 2018
First of all:This was a great series, the characters weren't that deep or had clear depht thoughts but they still managed to make us care for them, every arc felt like it had a purpose and a merit behind it, it did a good job in planning out the little details and the little resemblance to things that don't jump at the face of the spectators. It amassed such a huge popularity in such a short time that everything about it felt a little surreal, the principal image was gold. That Mai-san with the Bunny outfit is unbelievably good but the show was so much better than it's promotion and it's score that it just laughed at the faces of the detractors that with no arguments say that the series will be fast forgotten, this series won't be forgotten as every person that followed it and enjoyed it will remember it as one of the great series to be aired in a certainly great year for anime. It wasn't by no means perfect as it had it's faults but the final product was good enough overall to be deserving of any praise and any promotion and absurd popularity that it could ever have. It was an enjoyable show and i'm glad i followed it until now The Finale with you guys.

Second, Let's talk about the episode.

Kaede is back to how she was until that incidet in her school and the amount of bullying made her mind crash, i understand this Kaede because how she was this episode showed her evolution as a character and that her arc had a meaning and purpose, she was like this ever since she had mind thoughts and grow to be the age she is now so we can't expect her to forever be the little little sister Kaede because that would be a disservice to her character. This showed that she finally evolved and made her way to be able to surpass the shock she had as a product of her suffering and the bullying she had to experience first-hand. She was able to make it and showed to all the people that suffered bullying and got to a stage of mind where they did not wanted and wasn't mentally able to even go out of their house and do the things they love that it's possible and we only need to do a little effort and persevere to attain it.

I also understand Sakuta, he took care of his little sister in her most painful moments and grew attained to the mentally-broken Kaede that she became, so he was in a commodity where he thought of Kaede as only his little sister that he had to protect and it shocked him when Kaede finally was able to go back to how she was before her mental breakdown. The shock of seeing her finally be able to be the real Kaede, the independent and strong Kaede that will grow to be a great woman, worker, wife and mom. He was shocked at first but i'm certain that as he grew accostumed to the little sister Kaede, he will also grow accostumed to the old little sister Kaede.

The drama they put in the second half of the episode was great and showed the audience that Sakuta's and Mai's relationship is as real and normal as any other relationship, they have fights, they reconciliate, they have sad moments, they have happy moments, they have everything and enjoy themselves together and just being together. I just feel how good the movie will be if it's anything close to the atmosphere this episode had with the three being Sakuta, Mai, Shoko as the main focus.

In conclusion this series was great for me and i'll soon make a review on it to put all my thoughts to realization.

Jan 2017
This was a satisfactory ending to a fantastic series and I'm now looking forward to the movie!

9/10

May 2016
Kaede seriously became competition for Shouko from Happy Sugar Life in my Saddest Anime Deaths of 2018.

I don't care how many cute, callback shots you put over the ending song, I'm actually feeling sad about how that arc ends with hand-waving the issue and making it about Mai again. Mai had more than enough screentime in this, focusing on actually interesting people would be nice.
Dec 26, 2018 2:39 PM

Jan 2018
The best romance anime I've seen since toradora back in 2015, and I've watched quite a lot since. Possible aoty.
Dec 26, 2018 2:43 PM

Jul 2014
the ending is kinda cliffhanger to me, there are still some mystery revolving around shoko & the puberty syndrome. The overall show is good though especially the personality of each characters, i give it 8/10.
Dec 26, 2018 2:44 PM

Feb 2017
So Kaede-san is back and to be honest I think I prefer this original Kaede.
And goddammit, why can't you just give me a kiss!?

Sakuta's and Mai's interactions were the best parts and I also feel that the show lost some steam after start. All in all it was quite enjoyable show and I'm looking forward to the movie.
Dec 26, 2018 2:45 PM

Jan 2017
One of the best anime of this year easy 9/10 (no 10, because Sakuta didn't had his kiss).

Time to read the LN!
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2018

327 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 3, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2018

287 by Samextheft »»
Mar 2, 9:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.