Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 26, 2018 6:41 AM

Jun 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is interesting imo. There's nothing big happened on episode 1. I still want them to transform on their battle gear, though their cafe uniform is cute. I also love the opening theme. It suits the series. Memorial Change!

vicexxvDec 29, 2018 10:36 AM
Kitan~!
Dec 27, 2018 6:23 AM

Jun 2013
Aochhi said:
Where did you watch the episode?

I can't post it here. You can message me if you want to watch the episode. It's still RAW btw
Kitan~!
Jan 7, 2019 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
Cute show but I'm not sold on the story yet. Hopefully they make the characters more interesting as some of them feel pretty similar to each other.

I noticed the otaku themes present already from the episode, wonder how much of that we'll get for rest of the season.
Jan 7, 2019 8:00 AM

Oct 2007
Just saw it on TV. Lacky animation, I will probably drop this. Was nice seeing AKB, but I don't think this anime will have much content to keep me watching. Apparently there's also a mobile app, so it seems some kind of combat is coming.
Jan 7, 2019 10:13 AM

Jan 2018
I went in not knowing it was based on a game. I'm still not sure what I'm getting into. Maybe it's Google time.
Jan 7, 2019 10:17 AM

Apr 2010
It was ok for now but no more Akiba is a big doom scenario for most anime manga and LN fans.
This must be scary to watch for some of them.

Also the blond girl being mistaken for a American was funny.
Jan 7, 2019 10:21 AM
Apr 2014
mmmm, references

but anyway, a drop for me
art style is terrible, story is non existent or even explained, characters all look the same but will different color eyes and hair styles
Joe88Jan 8, 2019 12:09 AM
Jan 7, 2019 10:35 AM

Oct 2017
I don't care for the animation quality like this one, this is average for me, its not like its fluctuating from good to bad; that is really annoying.

Anyways, episode 1 looks promising, cool concept to travel to the plot's world through the grandfather clock.
Jan 7, 2019 11:01 AM

Nov 2015
I'm predicting this will be an utterly mediocre show. But I'll still watch for all the references.

That one bookstore worker was definitely a shout-out to Sommelier from Denki-gai no Honya-san! If they keep pulling little things like that off, I'll be amused at least.

I wish they were doing something more interesting than a CGDCT approach. They need to get a lot crazier because really...look at all the truly insane anime and manga worlds they could parody. Maybe this dull first episode will be the exception but...I'm not convinced they'll manage to go all the way and instead stay safely moe.
Jan 7, 2019 12:11 PM

Mar 2016
Cute and comfy, I guess. But the production is kind of...amateurish, in a lot of ways. It's nice that they hand-drew everything though. This has the chance to be fun, at least.
Jan 7, 2019 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
delta5 said:

That one bookstore worker was definitely a shout-out to Sommelier from Denki-gai no Honya-san! If they keep pulling little things like that off, I'll be amused at least.

lol i thought so as well.

Also i wonder if the rabbit cafe anime a reference to gochuusa? seems similar.
Jan 7, 2019 12:47 PM

Nov 2015
Ya-Shiro said:

Also i wonder if the rabbit cafe anime a reference to gochuusa? seems similar.

Oh that's 100% for sure. The PV backgrounds for the next ep looked identical to the Gochiusa setting so I'm assuming we get a lot more.
Jan 7, 2019 1:42 PM

Jun 2010
This was INCREDIBLY boring. I'm not sure what the point of any of this is. They didn't explain why there was a future Dystopia, they didn't explain the clock thing at the end, they presumed there was some sort of actiony part at the end maybe? But why the fuck wouldn't you start the show with the EXCITING part and then get into the boring slice of life filler? It's like the director of this show is a complete idiot and forgot the part where you might want to catch peoples attention with the first episode, instead of boring them to death with an Easter egg hunt plot line that goes literally no where.
Jan 7, 2019 3:35 PM

Nov 2016
Why was Hanekawa in this episode ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 7, 2019 3:42 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
lots of cute colorful girls with huge boobs and its looking like the bad guy is a girl too, which is ALWAYS better<33333

FMmatron said:
Why was Hanekawa in this episode ?

exactly the joke i had been waiting to make since i first saw the PV

can't wait to see more

i mean

Jan 7, 2019 5:07 PM

Aug 2014
first ep was boring.. guess ill either pass or wait till its done and rush it
Jan 7, 2019 5:10 PM

Sep 2015
It's clearly cheap af, but it seems to be a honest work and looks like they know what and how the audience likes it. Also there is so many direct or implicit references, its a feast to the eyes! I'll be looking forward to it.
shiro_kaiJan 7, 2019 5:20 PM
Jan 7, 2019 5:44 PM

Oct 2015
Yay, another typical cliché anime with typical characters. Japan sure doesn't get tired of these type of anime, even the character design is generic.
To tell the honest truth nothing out of the ordinary was displayed in this one. But I will continue watching it for the sake of chance.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 7, 2019 6:16 PM

Jun 2011
lihle808 said:
Yay, another typical cliché anime with typical characters. Japan sure doesn't get tired of these type of anime, even the character design is generic.
To tell the honest truth nothing out of the ordinary was displayed in this one. But I will continue watching it for the sake of chance.

That's rich coming from someone with a Naruto avatar.

I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jan 7, 2019 6:18 PM

Sep 2016
Gochiusa + Animegataris + Akanesasu Shoujo + Akiba's Trip
except this one is way worse. it's actually amazing how they managed to create something this horrendous.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 7, 2019 6:28 PM

Mar 2010
no customers but three to six employees each shift... The owner must be going bankrupt
Jan 7, 2019 6:54 PM
Oct 2017
GangsterCat said:
Gochiusa + Animegataris + Akanesasu Shoujo + Akiba's Trip
except this one is way worse. it's actually amazing how they managed to create something this horrendous.

Yeah, that ending was a very hard left turn. I'll give it another episode before deciding to drop or not, because they might actually try something halfway interesting, but that was weird. The show went from being about a mystery and just trying to keep their little shop afloat, and suddenly there's traveling to different worlds through a clock and everyone is on board for that as though it was always the plan.

Also: "I am Russian, by the way." Okay? Is that supposed to be a replacement for having a personality or something?
Jan 7, 2019 7:30 PM

Oct 2017
So what is cheap Hanekawa doing here?
Jan 7, 2019 8:02 PM

Mar 2016
Stark700 said:
Cute show but I'm not sold on the story yet. Hopefully they make the characters more interesting as some of them feel pretty similar to each other.

I noticed the otaku themes present already from the episode, wonder how much of that we'll get for rest of the season.

Oh god, is this gonna be a twist on Animegataris?
Jan 7, 2019 8:22 PM

Dec 2018
Mixed feeling about the way it looks, and I liked the simple story of finding the manga until it got to the fighting off viruses part. I have to watch the whole thing for a challenge but it doesn't seem that good...but who knows. It might redeem itself.

Also holy shit are there a lot of characters to know right off the bat. I can't remember any of their names if I tried.
Jan 7, 2019 9:27 PM

Mar 2018
Synopsis:
The story takes place in a future Akihabara where otaku culture has declined. Players play as a shopkeeper of an otaku shop. Together with the heroines who are in fact otaku girls, the shopkeeper start helping people claim their lost otaku memories back.

"Otaku culture has declined"

LOL
Anime can't get more idealistic than this.

Watched first episode thinking it's a normal SoL show which will be a bit melancholic about otaku culture but this supernatural stuff appeared out of nowhere. So the anime/manga they're going to save next episode is GochiUsa, huh? Wonder how many works they will take reference of...

Jan 7, 2019 9:47 PM
Jul 2016
Holy Toledo, that was some hot garbage.
Jan 8, 2019 12:25 AM

Mar 2009
No idea what I just watched. The ending of the episode completely lost me.
Jan 8, 2019 12:38 AM

Jul 2013
I don't what this show wants to be, first it's starts out as a dystopian town, next it becomes a slice of life to find their "memories" (what memories which I knew what this was). Then it's reveal it a virus out of NOWHERE. To make matters worse, the character design of the girls are so generic that it hurts. We got what 3 or 4 happy go lucky girls, the cute girl with the glasses. 2 girls that are easily obsessed with a their interested hobby. Hopefully episode 2 gets better that's all.

Jan 8, 2019 1:29 AM

Mar 2014
Mmmm I don't know what to feel about this show, I like the part where otaku culture is in decline but the other part with the virus and them going to another world it's weird and not that interesting !!!

well I gotta see a bit more to give my verdict
Jan 8, 2019 3:58 AM

Jul 2017
Everything about the show screams generic, except that last bit of "Memorial Change!" that I'm a bit intrigued to find out what this game to anime adaptation has going for. A blast to references though.
Jan 8, 2019 6:05 AM

Aug 2016
i was like what!!!!!!

Is this similar to Gochiusa?

i know a bit of the seiyuus here from other works,but their voices here are great.

i love the op which is sung by Asami Imai

Lots of great girls here with colorful hair colors and new hair styles.

i love Yuina Machiya Nya
Jan 8, 2019 6:16 AM

May 2018
Looks good enough to pass 30 minutes of my time every week, I'm always up for cute girls doing some action
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Jan 8, 2019 7:23 AM

May 2018
Okay......

Ok, for real, I scratched my head many times on almost entire episode. The animation and graphic is okay, nothing special, just fair enough, but the story.... is unknown. It just like they just took the chance of adapting it but with lack of idea where to be going. I love cute character, I love cute girl in heroine gear, but this anime has a problem of lack of background. And they introduce too many character on the start, I even forget how many girls are there... 12 maybe ?

They also made reference on another series. The manga they talking about is with no doubt GochiUsa reference. And also Sunoharasou (a LOT of sunohara reference!), my favourite from summer 2018.

I will continue. I want to know where the story will go.
Jan 8, 2019 7:39 AM

May 2015
It was uploaded on the site I usually use to see anime 2hours ago so I gave it a try

I don't have the habit to read the sinopse when I strat a new anime so most of the times I don't know what I'm going to watch (like this one) so I was hella suprised when out of nowhere theres magic and a parallel world and stuff like close to the end

buuuuuuuuuut it's too early to judge and the main story of Akihabara without anime it's quite interesting
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Jan 8, 2019 8:37 AM

May 2012
Watched 10 min of this then dropped. It is trash, not even worth adding to my list

It might had been watchable if it had some echii stuff

Jan 8, 2019 11:23 AM

Jan 2015
well that came out of nowhere
Jan 8, 2019 11:38 AM

May 2008
If I had to come up with positives, I'd say color palette, backgrounds and voice acting are at least okay. Otherwise Id have to say dropped, it was very hard for me to watch the whole episode without dropping it after five minutes

The whole production feels sloppy, and characters are off model all the time. It tries to play safe with tropes yet has just thrown as many together as they can. Also boob shots and dialogue I think I've heard at least hundred times.

Tl;dr everything just felt bland and that no one really enjoys making this series.
SaradaJan 8, 2019 11:46 AM
Jan 8, 2019 3:18 PM
Nov 2018
Nice episode, they didn't revealed anything interesting yet but i hope this can get interesting and the battles enjoyable.
Jan 8, 2019 5:21 PM

Jul 2012
So, I got this because of the 2019 AWC...that ending tho lol
So, they ARE magical girls. I liked the steampunk design of their outfits...
Let's see, not gonna drop it, so I hope it at least doesn't totally suck lololol

Jan 8, 2019 6:51 PM

Jan 2011
Not my Hanekawa

looks like this will be our budget magical girl show of the season at least they have a steam punk look to em.

doubt this will any good but plus one for all the manga references so far hopefully that'd be something to keep me watching

mannn it's been 5 years since Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Jan 8, 2019 8:09 PM
Mar 2017
Boring, confusing and almost non-existent plot; and heavily relies on moe in order to try and get some viewers. Art style is not consistent and low quality; and the sudden shift of genre at the end did nothing but to put the last nail on the coffin for me.

However, I appreciated the references and the "save otaku culture" theme but alas, these aren't enough for me to continue watching it.
Jan 9, 2019 12:11 AM

Oct 2008
lolz there were some references here! gochiusa, sunohara...and many more.
looks like this future akihabara has time powers or something huh...
3/5.

Jan 9, 2019 12:46 AM

Feb 2018
TsuzukuHunter2nd said:
Okay......

Ok, for real, I scratched my head many times on almost entire episode. The animation and graphic is okay, nothing special, just fair enough, but the story.... is unknown. It just like they just took the chance of adapting it but with lack of idea where to be going. I love cute character, I love cute girl in heroine gear, but this anime has a problem of lack of background. And they introduce too many character on the start, I even forget how many girls are there... 12 maybe ?

They also made reference on another series. The manga they talking about is with no doubt GochiUsa reference. And also Sunoharasou (a LOT of sunohara reference!), my favourite from summer 2018.

I will continue. I want to know where the story will go.
maybe 12 girl in here xD
Jan 9, 2019 3:36 AM
Jan 2017
wow.. i watch the first episode and it was boring,, wont continue to next episode,,
Jan 9, 2019 11:49 AM

Jul 2016
The first episode doesn't give a lot of info on the show and to be honest it barely gives a glimpse of the main story, but the first episode is usually an introduction to the character and the setting and it does an ok job in introducing the cast, I hope the characters develop and not stay so dull as they are now.

I like the design of the outfits as a whole and I'm looking forward to see them transform.

I really enjoyed the anime and manga reference they put there and I liked most of the jokes and the theme song is pretty good to be honest.
Jan 9, 2019 7:38 PM

Jul 2015
I thought the first episode was rather bland, if okay. Hopefully it gets better, but, not sure at this point.
Jan 9, 2019 11:18 PM

Feb 2014
'I wonder why this is on 5.2'

*Reads synopsis*

'lmao nah fair enough'
"I am Valentinez Alkalinelia Xifax Sicidabohertz Gumbigobillo Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovicci Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser. Don't hesitate to call."

Jan 10, 2019 6:14 PM
Oct 2018
there's something epic in this anime or must to watching cuz there are some kawaii girls?
Jan 10, 2019 6:24 PM
Mar 2017
Not much happened, to be the first episode, but still introduced us to the protagonists and left us in context, which I found interesting, although it hurt to see Akihabara with all its stores closed and a Japan where the otaku culture is dying (something very sad if you ask me).
What I loved is that we had many references, we saw some known mangas or mangas that had anime adaptation last year.
The girls have a design that personally does not bother me, there was a girl who reminded me of Hanekawa from Monogatari series, we have a Russian girl who likes weapons and a girl who finish her sentences as if she were a cat, the rest do not had a lot of time on stage, but that will change in the following episodes. The end of the episode gave us an interesting twist and I think it was worth watching the whole episode, apparently the girls must eliminate a virus that erases the existence of things or the memory of people, well the point is that girls travel to the world of the object that is going to disappear and must eliminate the enemy.
I hope to see how the elimination of the viruses takes place and see the skills of the girls.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pastel Memories Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2019

16 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Oct 2, 2023 9:44 AM

Poll: » Pastel Memories Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2019

11 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Oct 1, 2023 1:34 AM

Poll: » Pastel Memories Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2019

14 by Ashhk »»
Jan 18, 2021 6:15 AM

Poll: » Pastel Memories Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

9 by Ashhk »»
Jan 18, 2021 5:33 AM

Poll: » Pastel Memories Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

9 by Ashhk »»
Jan 17, 2021 5:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.