Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 25, 2018 9:51 AM

Nov 2016
Messy adaptation, many things went wrong, but still had enough redeeming qualities to make it enjoyable and I thought that the happy ending was pretty cute.

5/10 with one closed eye.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 25, 2018 9:58 AM

Jun 2014
Finally the train wreck is over. They just sped through everything and explained practically nothing. Good riddance, what an abysmal adaptation, 2/10.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 25, 2018 10:00 AM
Jan 2018
This is easily the worse anime adaptations of all time. Seriously, is there any worse adaptations out there?
Dec 25, 2018 10:01 AM
Aug 2017
I'm in love with Tokyo ghoul ♥ But Re and Re2 were so so bad, still i feel sad to see the ending coz i'm so obsessed with Tokyo ghoul 1st and 2nd season ♥
Abhi_1000-7Jul 16, 2021 6:06 AM

Nov 2018
what a trainwreck :/ the plot was literally all over the place wish they had done a better job, possibly one of the poorest adaptations in my opinion.
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
OGAnime said:
This is easily the worse anime adaptations of all time. Seriously, is there any worse adaptations out there?
Not the worst adaptation I've seen (Hakyuu Houshin Engi takes the cake for that), but it's still pretty bad.

Although the pacing was a bit more stable by the end, because of how incompresensible everything already was, nothing really made sense even during its final run. And with lackluster visuals, TG:re S2 doesn't really have much redeeming qualities (aside from a good OP and one or two decently handled episodes).

3/10. Not the worst from this season when Ore ga Suki and Conception exists, but still pretty bad.
Dec 25, 2018 10:03 AM
Jan 2018
Seky said:
Ryuseishun said:
good fucking riddance....this hellstorm is over...

Guys here, do yourself a favor and watch Parasyte the Maxim, if you haven't already....it's a similar but far superior alternative.
If you are going to recommend something. Recommend the manga of Parasyte, because the anime is a shit compared to the manga. The anime omitted and changed things from the manga's original story, plus it has one of the worst CGI in animation. The art of manga is much better. In addition, he changed the personalities of manga characters and people's designs are very different from manga.

As a anime only viewer. I disagree with everything you say. I found Parasyte the anime to the perfect. Perfect flow, pacing, character development , fights, etc. I did not feel once that the anime was skipping over things or lacking any details from the manga that would make it less good
Dec 25, 2018 10:13 AM
Sep 2014
To everyone who managed to stick it out for 12 episodes in this season what the hell went wrong. I am a anime only (didn't read the manga) and I am so so so confused. Rize somehow spawned out of Kaneki kagune. How did Furuta get such a powerful kagune and end up turning into some Boros monster.

Are ghouls and humans okay with each other now in Tokyo? So many unanswered questions. How did all of a sudden did Kaneki get upgrades to his Kagune. Until the 2nd season of Tokyo Ghoul RE, Kaneki abilities have been pretty understandable but ever since he ate eto kagune its like hes been getting weird random power ups.

Very disappointed. This is probably the worst rushed story I've ever seen from a anime so promising. Very very let down by this
Dec 25, 2018 10:17 AM
Sep 2018
Shit animation comapred to s1 & s2
Rushed shitstorm
Beautiful anime completely raped
But anime>manga
6/10
Dec 25, 2018 10:41 AM
Nov 2017
b-okiya said:
Worst season I've ever seen in anything. This was a real disaster, a nightmare.

Pierrot not only gave people a shitty adaptation; truth be told, they did the worst thing you could ever do to anime fans. They spoiled the content headlines in the worst possible way.

If the world was slightly different, this might have as well gone as a media crime.

2/10 and I'm not even sure why I gave it 2.

Tbh the second season was worst than this season. I mean tokyo ghoul root a. didnt even adapt the manga correctly and make it their own story.
Dec 25, 2018 10:43 AM

Mar 2018
Finally, it's over...
Now I can read the manga in peace because that's most likely much better than this whole adaption.

2/10. Let's hope for a reboot.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Dec 25, 2018 10:55 AM
Mar 2015
Interesting that it all came down to Rize Furuta got some of his revenge on CCG and the Washu but in the end it did not matter to him
Rize was special to both of them
Glad Kaneki got his happy ending
Dec 25, 2018 11:03 AM

Jul 2017
Remake in a few years or we riot. Biggest manga butchering of the year. Fuck Studio Pierrot. 2/10
Dec 25, 2018 11:06 AM

Dec 2012
Let's just pray that pierrot (small letter intentionally) will fall and don't ever dare to make anime anymore. Merry Christmas guys.
Dec 25, 2018 11:09 AM

Feb 2013
Ok, and it's over.
Now it's time to wait for a remake.
Dec 25, 2018 11:14 AM
Feb 2017
See you next season ;)
Dec 25, 2018 11:33 AM
Jul 2017
The only thing worth watching this last episode was the ending. ty for 20 min waste
Dec 25, 2018 11:36 AM

Nov 2008
I DON'T care what the Haters say, solid 10/10 for me, because I got all my wishes.

Kakuja Final Form Kaneki vs Kakuja Furuta, Kakuja Tatara, Kurona, Amon and Kaneki and Touka scene and ending too.

Also I treat the Anime as its awesome thing too.
Dec 25, 2018 11:49 AM

Mar 2016
Seky said:
Ryuseishun said:

Guys here, do yourself a favor and watch Parasyte the Maxim, if you haven't already....it's a similar but far superior alternative.
If you are going to recommend something. Recommend the manga of Parasyte, because the anime is a shit compared to the manga. The anime omitted and changed things from the manga's original story, plus it has one of the worst CGI in animation. The art of manga is much better. In addition, he changed the personalities of manga characters and people's designs are very different from manga.

Well, that's not an opinion I should necessarily take at heart, cause tbf I personally thought the manga version wasn't that great. You yourself can make the recommendation for the manga if you like, but for me being a mostly an anime-only person, trying to recommend a manga to someone is like me being a butcher in a huge city trying to suggest which bakery has the best bread or donuts.
Dec 25, 2018 11:49 AM

Jul 2012
That was the worst adaptation I ever watched. Thank you Pierrot.
Dec 25, 2018 11:58 AM

May 2015
I'm just gonna say I'm really disappointed they didn't use Unravel in the last fight. They used it randomly in Re but not the last episode.

Also this started to feel less like Tokyo Ghoul more like a random Shonen battle anime. It seemed everyone had some sort of final form and power up compared to seasons 1 and 2 where it was just normal kagunes.

The pase seemed better towards the end but I seriously don't know why they didn't just make more seasons. They could have made more money off blu-rays and stuff.

Oh well time to read the manga
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 25, 2018 12:01 PM

Feb 2017
Thank God this tragedy is over. I feel so bad for Tokyo Ghoul as a franchise, so much wasted potential.
Screw people and companies who were responsible for this.

Hope that some day, some people who care and are competent make a remake of TG. Until then... rest in piece.
Dec 25, 2018 12:05 PM
Oct 2016
FMmatron said:
Messy adaptation, many things went wrong, but still had enough redeeming qualities to make it enjoyable and I thought that the happy ending was pretty cute.

5/10 with one closed eye.
This is the only objective thing anyone has ever written about this
Dec 25, 2018 12:06 PM
Oct 2016
Seky said:
Ryuseishun said:

Changing people's designs was a great idea because the manga is set in the 80s, moron.
Dec 25, 2018 12:28 PM

Jun 2017
We survived guys!!!
Dec 25, 2018 12:41 PM

Jul 2015
Well, it was worse than root A.
Pierrot finds a way.
Guess, I'll wait for Brotherhood-style remake.

Dec 25, 2018 12:57 PM

Mar 2013
WOW THAT WAS REALLY AWESOME, said no one...
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Dec 25, 2018 1:05 PM

Apr 2015
Wellp, now that his is over, it's time to continue the manga for me... to get a grasp of what is going on... 4/10
Dec 25, 2018 1:09 PM

Mar 2016
OGAnime said:
Seky said:

As a anime only viewer. I disagree with everything you say. I found Parasyte the anime to the perfect. Perfect flow, pacing, character development , fights, etc. I did not feel once that the anime was skipping over things or lacking any details from the manga that would make it less good

I think the person you responded to rated all the Tokyo Ghoul series 10/10, btw. Just a heads up :P
Dec 25, 2018 1:12 PM

Mar 2016
stassian said:
Seky said:
Changing people's designs was a great idea because the manga is set in the 80s, moron.

Don’t bother trying to reason. Just check the profile. You’ll thank me later.
Dec 25, 2018 1:16 PM
Nov 2017
I don't know
Pierrot taking over, was a mistake :D
Dec 25, 2018 1:17 PM

May 2017
who like slide show, you maybe like this anime.
who like shit show, you maybe like this anime.
4/10
Dec 25, 2018 1:21 PM

Oct 2018
DarknessReality said:
I'm just gonna say I'm really disappointed they didn't use Unravel in the last fight. They used it randomly in Re but not the last episode.

I was also really disappointed by this. I was completely expecting unravel to be used at some point during the last episode :/
Dec 25, 2018 1:49 PM

Jan 2013
the "epilogue" would mean more if most of this season wasn't so awful all over the place. as someone who hates TG, they actually had something with the last season of Re and felt redeemable...then this mess of a series finale season happened
Dec 25, 2018 1:53 PM

Jul 2015
So for cristmas I got shitty ending to shitty adaptation, thanks pierrot

Dec 25, 2018 2:08 PM
Jan 2018
Oh Thank God, this shitshow is finally over. Seriously this is so bad that it's not even worth giving it a 1/10 instead it gets a FUCK YOU/10 from me. But hey, at least we still have the manga and Here's hoping for a reboot later down the line from a better studio and a more competent director and series composer (Also, keep Yutaka Yamada for that reboot that would be fucking amazing).

But in the meantime, IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!!! I'M FREE, YOU'RE FREE, WE'RE ALL FREE!!!!!! "WESA FREE!!!!!!!!"
Dec 25, 2018 2:13 PM

May 2017
Thank God! It finally ended! I loved Tokyo Ghoul Manga (I liked more the first part) and watching this anime adaptation truly hurt my being...
Dec 25, 2018 2:18 PM

May 2017
MasterAdventZero said:
Oh Thank God, this shitshow is finally over. Seriously this is so bad that it's not even worth giving it a 1/10 instead it gets a FUCK YOU/10 from me. But hey, at least we still have the manga and Here's hoping for a reboot later down the line from a better studio and a more competent director and series composer (Also, keep Yutaka Yamada for that reboot that would be fucking amazing).

But in the meantime, IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!!! I'M FREE, YOU'RE FREE, WE'RE ALL FREE!!!!!! "WESA FREE!!!!!!!!"

Yeah... I hope that better studio will be Shaft... It would be amazing, but for now... THE TORTURE IS FINALLY OVER!!!!!
Dec 25, 2018 2:19 PM
Dec 2018
I expected much better than this... s1 and s2 were really awesome and re s1 and re s2 is so fucked up.... i cant believe they made me hate tokyo ghoul.... should have listened to my friend and read the manga instead...
Well ig 3/10.
Dec 25, 2018 2:30 PM
Apr 2015
Furuta using the incorrect form of fuck in contrast to the context was super cringe lmao. Also loling at everyone having the same "finally this is over" reaction as me.
Saiyan_Prince said:
I've never cheated on someone before, but I've been cheated on. And let me tell you, it hurts like a bitch. If you don't want to be with someone, please just go ahead and end it before you even think about looking for that someone else. Don't wait and find that person in order to line it up first and then just move from one relationship to the next without even pausing. I honestly don't understand how people can be heartless enough to cheat on someone.
Dec 25, 2018 2:33 PM

Oct 2015
Well that was a mess. Finally it's over
Dec 25, 2018 2:35 PM
Nov 2017
Real missed opportunity not making this a christmas episode. Would've definitely saved this whole anime.
Dec 25, 2018 3:16 PM
Oct 2016
Ryuseishun said:
stassian said:

Don’t bother trying to reason. Just check the profile. You’ll thank me later.
Lmao you are right :D
Dec 25, 2018 3:37 PM

Jan 2017
well. that was shit.
How anti-climactic could this get... no "unravel" how? how could they overlook such an aspect; and Pierrot still not upping the animation in this finale -feels like there is supposed to be another episode, no. A season.

Essentially, this was about Furuta being able to get over Rize, so he decided to bring her back to life; and his grief is translated as frustration and anger towards Kaneki. Okay then.
In the end, It all seemed a little too convenient considering all the crap that's gone on through the previous 3 seasons (torture, friend's death, junior's death etc.) And then this piece of "meh..."
Dec 25, 2018 3:47 PM
Dec 2018
Well I know a lot of people been hating this season but I don't I'm glad to have it and im really happy how it ends, ofc it isn't perfect and there is a lot of missing content and skiping parts I hope we will get some remake of Tokyo Ghoul with plenty more episodes in the futher or something like that so it can cover a lot more from manga but I right now this is the best we have so try to enjoy it like I do!! Happy Christmas goodbye Tokyo Ghoul

Dec 25, 2018 3:52 PM
Nov 2018
I3lackwing said:
What a poor season it was, like seriously...i'm sad. Gonna go and read manga from scratch.
Nothing was explained. Just how the ghouls are living? What they are eating? Only coffee??

Manga was pretty well adapted int he first season.

It's unfortunate they've done such a poor job with these recap seasons.
Dec 25, 2018 4:19 PM
Sep 2017
ok, can someone tell me who the fuck is the guy with the beard in the ending scene. I actually have no idea
Dec 25, 2018 5:02 PM

Oct 2015
Galarrdo said:
ok, can someone tell me who the fuck is the guy with the beard in the ending scene. I actually have no idea

You probably meant Banjo right?
Dec 25, 2018 5:02 PM

Oct 2015
Toka and Ken didn't change that much along with many characters. The only one who changed a bit was Urie, but only a bit though.

The fight between Ken and Furuta wasn't that exciting in fact it was full of shounen clichés that made me sick, even his speech was worthless and less touching. Even when he destroyed that Rize Mirage it wasn't that emotional, in fact it was the opposite.

Overall this season was rushed and lacked development to the story along with its characters. Characters appeared from nowhere and became part of the story and some had a major part like Furuta. It was a jumble of shit and was all over the place, Ken became so many things in a single season one-eyed ghoul king, investigator, Arima killer, father, dragon, married man and a powerful ghoul. I didn't read the manga and I'm not interested after seeing this.

6/10 because it is Tokyo ghoul and was one of my starter anime. Other than that it deserves a 4 and less.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 25, 2018 5:08 PM

Oct 2015
I thought the Furuta fight was going to be watered down a lot to give time for a proper epilogue, guess I was wrong. The fight went on for about half the episode (and without the obligatory Unravel insert).

The epilogue scene was the most appropriate given the time remaining, but I was surprised that nobody got any lines (except from Ichiki's "Ah" and Kaneki's post credit line). The OP and ED could both be cut out for this episode to give some explanation on post-Dragon society as the manga gave quite a bit of information on how the ghouls were able to integrate into society after the whole war.

I guess this is the first time that I get genuinely frustrated with the series instead of watching it ironically.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Guys are we getting Tokyo Ghoul Brotherhood?

SlimeLordOfRats - Mar 6

23 by shmoomp »»
Apr 21, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2018

96 by RapidPhantom »»
Mar 14, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

57 by ocrlh_ »»
Jan 20, 10:50 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul re: S2 below 6.50

TakaCode - Nov 15, 2018

37 by Tanishqnigam17 »»
Nov 14, 2023 10:13 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2018

174 by FuckuChan »»
Oct 29, 2023 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.