Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2018 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
With the time ticking down and draw score, this episode felt like an action thriller to me. Every move could make a big difference and it's those twin boys playing against Tsubasa continues to show their fighting spirit.

From behind the scenes, there's a strong sense of attitude as well. Quite frankly, I feel like some characters is taking their competitive spirit into higher than ever before.

Pretty entertaining stuff.
Dec 24, 2018 9:07 AM

Nov 2007
Still failed. Wow, that reporter can see why it failed.

Tsubasa needs to decide, but the twin recovers fast. Lower one this time and Tsubasa blocked it, with second jump.

Twin doing twin shoot to prove best pair. Blocking successfully.

Tsubasa trying best without using that skill again and with pain on both shoulder and leg, Twin's block failed. Game ended.

Twin came to apologize for the shoulder and approved of that Ishizaki guy, who hit his forehead.

Furano captain confronted Hyuga guy. Tsubasa's team also saw him. Tsubasa actually excited to fight against him. They only know he is not hurt, but not know the true reason.

Musashi also confronted him, to his house.

That guy who investigated Tsubasa's team in early this arc has strong power. He's hurting Tsubasa's hand while shaking and hurted shoulder.

Hyuga guy appearing for practice even though coach still not let him out.

Next ep. on January 7 (8th after midnight) 25:30.
https://twitter.com/894sigint_tero/status/1077246949286305797
tsubasaloverDec 24, 2018 9:20 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 27, 2018 11:18 AM

Jul 2016
And finally the most absurd match comes to an end. But I must say it had its good moments. It was interesting nevertheless, being honest. The moment Tsubasa used his special shot was really nice.

Overall, it was an ok episode and it seems Furano team will receive more focus in the next one. Looking forward to it.
Dec 27, 2018 2:52 PM
Aug 2017
really low quality drawing and animation here. U can tell there are saving up all the money to the finals...
Dec 28, 2018 5:12 AM
Dec 2018
Acrobatic final of the match with a Tachibana version of the 'Twin-shot'.

Ishizaki aka 'the monkey' saved Nankatsu and Tsubasa scored the goal of the victory.

Everybody is worried about Kojiro: Matsuyama, Tsubasa and even Misugi.

In 'Ct' a rival can be also a friend.

It seems that Mikami will bring the best players to Europe and it would be so nice to go there with them!

Now also that old doctor ships Tsubanae, lol!
Sanae28Jan 10, 2019 8:58 AM
Jan 10, 2019 3:53 AM

Oct 2015
Can't really say it was worth the almost 1-month long wait to watch this episode, but it was good.

As I expected Tsubasa would fail his driver shoot because of his injuries. I didn't expect him to fail by hitting the goalpost, though. So it's already perfected, it's just his injuries acting up.

That huge dude who approached Tsubasa seems really menacing, and I'm very sure of what's going to happen between them in the upcoming episodes.
Feb 16, 2019 4:38 AM

Dec 2015
Nothing particularly good, except Ishizaki proving his head usefulness once again . After so many absent bruises and blood, it was a surprise to see some red on it.

Though, I loved Hyûga's moment with Nankatsu, it was cute to see how he has already changed.

3/5

@Slim_Lamie One month wait?! What was the reason behind the broadcast's interruption?
Slim_Lamie said:

Just saying: It still takes almost a week to translate any new episodes, but at least someone translates them, which is still great.

Oh, ok. You're following the US fansub? ^(funny thing I noticed: they're relying on the french simul-cast by A.D.N. rather than making it on their own, it's the reverse order of the golden digital fansub era XD)
Rei_IIIFeb 16, 2019 7:01 AM
Feb 16, 2019 5:04 AM

Oct 2015
Rei366 said:

@Slim_Lamie One month wait?! What was the reason behind the broadcast's interruption?

There was just 1, maybe 2 weeks of breaks, because of christmas/new year's holidays.

It became 1 month, because of those breaks, + the translators were on holidays, so most of us had to either wait about +2 weeks.
But there are some people who watched it without subs, or if someone here speaks Indonesian, or maybe Spanish(?), they watched it with those subtitles.
So there was no translation in any of the languages I speak for 1 month, and I waited.
Just saying: It still takes almost a week to translate any new episodes, but at least someone translates them, which is still great.
Aug 31, 2019 6:58 PM

Oct 2015
Ishizaki did a splendid job of keeping out that ball from getting in, but ouch on his head though lol! The Tachibana twins were really closing it in with that skylan technique. Tsubasa's comeback goal was impressive, but I thought he would finish off with his new shot.

As for Hyuga, I doubt the coach would include him in the match, because he still bent on punishing him. I guess we'll see who'll break between those two.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 2, 2021 4:42 PM

Dec 2007
in the end they beaten them hardly? it just felt they forced hard-win or nakatsu to be interesting, by the praises they get they shouldn't have get it hard.

and we understood in the first time you want to participate in the finals hyouga, there's no point to say it every 2-3 minute...

More topics from this board

» Can I enjoy this?

Kirukato05 - Feb 10

3 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2018

49 by thepath »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 AM

» Are there any filler episodes?

BestWeebOT - Mar 23, 2023

2 by BestWeebOT »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:41 AM

» New season scheduled for October 2023

Klad - Mar 22, 2023

4 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 22, 2023 9:44 PM

» First PV of 2nd Season and Studio Changes

Dbagas8 - Mar 22, 2023

0 by Dbagas8 »»
Mar 22, 2023 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.