Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion

Dec 23, 2018 5:09 AM

Good ep, just wish there was a bit more story and continuity, this ep just felt like it came out of nowhere.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

Dec 23, 2018 5:17 AM
Episode 11 offers probably the worst set piece preparation the series had so far. Very rushed and without the qualities that make the series set pieces so good. We see strategies and planning after the thing is said and done - lame.

Noblebright can be very entertaining, but not when you focus on all the weaknesses the writing has.

Dec 23, 2018 5:20 AM

thepath said:
hassasin-1001 said:

Yeah, Goblin Lord's speech was one of the best parts in the manga.

What chapter you see his speech ?!

In the chapter 12.

Dec 23, 2018 7:16 AM
I still don't get why they litteraly remove all of the lord goblin's line. It doesn't make any sens. I just read the manga after this episode and it's way better actually.

A lot of thing is missing here.

Dec 23, 2018 7:21 AM

That ending was truly good just like a Hunter coming out of the woods to take out his target.

Dec 23, 2018 8:05 AM

What an epic episode.

Dec 23, 2018 8:10 AM

Oeni10 said:
I still don't get why they litteraly remove all of the lord goblin's line. It doesn't make any sens. I just read the manga after this episode and it's way better actually.

They'll probably show the Goblin Lord's backstory next episode to give context to how he became one and to hammer down the fact that what Goblin Slayer did in the first episode by killing those goblin babies was the correct decision. Though if they keep him with no dialogue then that'd be a pretty weird decision.

Dec 23, 2018 9:12 AM

It was great to see Guts and Lancer in action this episode lol

Dec 23, 2018 10:06 AM

I think this was the best episode of goblin slayer so far

Dec 23, 2018 10:39 AM

IrishPork said:
It was great to see Guts and Lancer in action this episode lol

GOD SO I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED

Anyway, even though I get the appeal of the anime it's just incredibly boring to me. Even in this episode, I didn't feel any hype, I was just... bored with the so called "action".
I only appreciated the scene when GS bowed and asked for help, I actually like the guy but everything else sucks. The ideas behind the MC are not bad at all but it could have been so much better if we changed.. a hell of a lot of things.
From what I heard the manga is way better but the anime didn't make me feel like reading it..

Dec 23, 2018 11:35 AM
Finally we got a good episode after a whole season's worth of crap

Dec 23, 2018 11:36 AM
Man, they really laid the beat down on those goblins. Spearman helped Goblin Slayer out....

GS looked like a bad ass when he appeared to face the Goblin Lord. Hope he's able to beat it

Dec 23, 2018 11:42 AM

One of my most favourite arc.
Love that unity between adventurers.
There was some fierce battle. There was even casualties.

Dec 23, 2018 11:53 AM
Man, this week's chapter really made the waiting worthy.

I loved how this chapter had the classic fantasy anime vibe and we also got to see the other silver adventures in action.

besides, That adventure with the blue armor feels like Lancer from Fate Stay Night.

Dec 23, 2018 1:37 PM
Deknijff said:
seems they censored the shields as expected

wait on DVD and Blurays maybe I guess
rest was pretty good I guess

Also most of the gore was censored.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 23, 2018 1:41 PM

cristinacke28 said:
Deknijff said:
seems they censored the shields as expected

wait on DVD and Blurays maybe I guess
rest was pretty good I guess
Also most of the gore was censored.
thats a real shame too honestly

Dec 23, 2018 2:41 PM

luccide said:
Wait, was the Goblin King/Lord trying to run away by his own?..

Well he did mention that a living goblin will learn from his mistakes.

Dec 23, 2018 2:52 PM

Oeni10 said:

Next episode will surely have a goblin lord backstory

Dec 23, 2018 2:56 PM

i'm just hoping for good enough sales, for a second season.
Since there are nine light novel volumes out in Japan.

Dec 23, 2018 4:36 PM
Mais um episódio merda como sempre kkkkkkk

Dec 23, 2018 5:25 PM
These anime/manga purists are the worst. Solid episode that gets me hyped for the next one

Dec 23, 2018 7:59 PM

OMG OMG OMG OMG
This episode! Wow! I was blown away.
Never thought that i would see GS bowing and saying that he would give everything he has, damn! What a man! But i'm glad that guy said that he would help him for a beer xD
But that fight omg! These 2 episodes are definitely the best!
And the next one omg
Those big "goblins" look so scary and strong, damn!

And then you have this... simply amazing!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 23, 2018 8:05 PM
That episode was awesome, one of my favourites!

GS bowing his head and asking for help to all guild adventurers touched me, was really a emotional moment, GS were offerign everything, even is life, the memonet when people started acepting and telling her reasons and what they want as reward was heartwarming!

Guild receptionist surely is the best girl, she instantly created a quest for to help adventurers acepting GS's request, and their adorable and cute smile, was priceless!

Fight part was really incredible for me, i enjoyed a lot, GS's strategy was perfect, of course we will predict every single move by goblins!

The episode endend when things had become interesting, veterans fighting against goblin champions, and "where is GS?", of course "he is killing some goblins", confronting goblin king, as expected, last scene was really badass!

Looking forward hyped for next and last episode!

Dec 23, 2018 11:10 PM

I wonder if the guild's gonna run out of gold.. there's definitely more than 100 goblins, not including champions and riders. Also do they do a body count or do people just round up? (Because you know maybe it takes two to kill one, as seen by the spiked poles.)

Amazing episode, and not an unnecessary amount of gore.
10/10
Though does the uncle stay? Also, was I the only one who thought they were going to give away the lancer's name, at the end when they said well...he went to go slay some goblins.

Dec 23, 2018 11:30 PM

"I won't be able to take them on in an open field." Now this is a guy who knows when and where he can win and lose fights. He can deal with Goblins little by little in a cave or a confined space, but in an open field he's just asking himself to get surrounded...

One gold coin for every goblin slayed? Guildmarm is gonna help her husbando no matter what!

Wow, Goblins going for intimidation...

We Dynasty Warriors now. And I'm betting that a Dynasty Warriors-style game is being made for this...

"He's more used to dealing with these than dealing with normal goblins." This line actually makes a lot of sense. You get used to tougher fights so much that you don't really fight as much as you like when you deal with something weaker. It's like playing a game and mastering it on the hardest difficulty, and then you try playing on the easiest difficulty and it just doesn't feel the same...

That's right! Call Goblin Slayer a guy who just slays goblins, but everyone has to admit that when it comes to tactics and strategies to deal with goblins, there's no one better than him. This episode went by fast. One more to go!
Modified by Tarotist, Dec 23, 2018 11:37 PM

Dec 23, 2018 11:38 PM
This was hands down my favorite episode yet. The way that everyone came together and showed an awesome slew of teamwork for an epic battle... definitely a great way to build up to the end of the season!!

Dec 23, 2018 11:53 PM

Best episode so far. The part where he was asking for help and everyone offered their assistance. Of course, cinnamon roll, Lizardman wanted cheese and ice cream and was all gungho when he found out that his favorite snacks were made on the farm.

Btw, I'm not sure since I haven't read the manga or light novels but was cow girl raped or used by the goblins? I was a little confused there.

I guess that's the female meat shield manga/novel readers were talking about. Obviously censored for the Anime version, I saw some illustrations online before but I'm saving the LN and manga for later.

I can't wait for the final episode.
There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.

Dec 24, 2018 12:34 AM

now you can see some heavy armored adventurer on action.
The MC Guy Dont deserve the best Girl.

Dec 24, 2018 1:15 AM

Best episode so far.

Dec 24, 2018 1:17 AM

I loved this episode, my favorite part was when goblin slayer offered his life in exchange for help. Seeing him in such a vulnerable position simply because he wants to save his childhood friend, really made me feel for him.

I guess my issue was that the battle itself seemed too easy. Especially as the anime is nearing it's end, I was kinda hoping for a more epic battle and a few casualties actually. I hope someone dies and it becomes a a bit more of a struggle.

Dec 24, 2018 5:40 AM

Another good episode.

The ending got me hyped.
Defying me till the very end, huh? Some things are beautiful exactly because they are unobtainable.

Dec 24, 2018 6:19 AM

Cowgirl is one selfish girl and also fucking dumb. Didn't she realize she will only be a distraction for him and thus make their survival chance even lower? And she even said if she ran away she will lost the farm and thus her job also and that she will life miserably.... AS IF it's the worst outcome out of the goblin attack! It's much better than to become their plaything??? How is she so dumb???
She said she doesn't want to see GS lost his home again. What bullshit. You staying will only help make that come true. At least make yourself useful and call for help at least. What a dumb bitch.

Enough ranting, now into the good part.
Seeing people ignored GS request is so sad. But I really love Lancer's response to him. And High Elf got angry in his stead is nice too!
Guild Girl win big this time! Good job!!
So nice to finally see Lancer, Witch and everyone in action! Also good to see everyone finally see what GS went through and what he is really capable of!
Missed Priestess in this episode :(

Hopefully more epic climax next ep!

Laionidas said:
She wasn't holding him back, as she knew he would be staying to die in any case, not to win. Also, she makes the cattle argument, which basically means that she and her uncle would live a miserable uncertain life in any case, as there is no Obamacare or any other wellfare/benefit arrangement in GS' world.

How she wasn't holding him back though? She staying will only make him (and herself) die faster. If she has a bit of brain cells, she would have suggested to ask for the Guild's help. Instead she just stayed, crying and waiting. Waiting for what? Getting slaughtered and raped? waiting for GS to kill the goblins and come back like she always do?

That cattle argument is stupid. As if "miserable uncertain life" is worse than getting captured by goblins.
OTP: KidLaw | IzuKatsu | GureShin | EruRi | AoKi | See more!

Reach me on Discord Shicchi#5237

» My art
» My translation
» Doujinshi collection
» Favorite Kurobas doujinshi

BISHIES X RAP

Dec 24, 2018 7:35 AM

OMEGA HYPE episode people wanted to help but must keep their pride as adventurers xD

also
GET THE FUCK OUT HATERS
NOBODY GIVE A DAMN FUCK ABOUT YOUR EXISTANCE
STOP MAKING YOURSELF LOOK IDIOT
NOT EVEN PRETENDING YOU FUCKING Pepega NotLikeThis
終末は間もなく成就する…

Dec 24, 2018 9:01 AM

It's the battle at the Alamo now between them Goblin Hoards and adventurers.

Now see see some action with the big boobed witch and her man whore, 1 more to go.

Dec 24, 2018 9:32 AM

Easily the best episode so far. Not really much to add, but hope the next episode doesn't disappoint after this kinda setup.

Dec 24, 2018 12:59 PM
Pretty good episode. I just wished the meat shield part wasn't as censored compared to the manga. Hopefully this gets another season with a better budget so we get to see some really nice animated fight scenes.

Dec 24, 2018 5:14 PM

Question. :)

Before the gold reward was announced. When there were already 6 confirmed to help. Witch said they might be seven. I wonder who she is referring to? Who is this seventh person who will help for free? This is sort of a puzzle to me, because people I asked in another forum have different answers.

Dec 25, 2018 12:25 AM

Easily the strongest episode so far. Loved it! But yeah, they should have included the monologues of goblin lord. I don't mind them censoring the meat shields. It made its point that the goblins are ruthless and cunning. There is really no reason not to censor it.
Modified by Chrome_Falcon, Dec 25, 2018 12:29 AM

Dec 25, 2018 1:04 AM

evoniee said:
OMEGA HYPE episode people wanted to help but must keep their pride as adventurers xD

also
GET THE FUCK OUT HATERS
NOBODY GIVE A DAMN FUCK ABOUT YOUR EXISTANCE
STOP MAKING YOURSELF LOOK IDIOT
NOT EVEN PRETENDING YOU FUCKING Pepega NotLikeThis

Yeah, got to keep their pride. Nice to see everyone's morale is high.

Can't wait for the next ep. :)

And really can't do anything about the haters... this anime just somehow attracts them like a magnet.

Dec 25, 2018 2:37 AM

It was epic! Great adaptation from the source.

Dec 25, 2018 2:49 AM

purely awesome episode!
This is the first time GS asked and requested for assistance to all those boukensha!
GS is the strategist and he really knows 100% on what the goblins would plan their attack and how to deal and counter them.
So that's why GS was no where to be found! of course he went directly to the Goblin Lord! Damn EPIC LEGENDARY red flaring demon-like eye of GS! that was awesome!
I wonder if Priestess also went with GS! cuz we didn't see her with the rest of the Adventurers going into an all-out battle with the horde of Goblins!
Ushikai Musume crying is so hard and painful to see! protecc big boobed girl!
5/5.

Dec 25, 2018 6:36 AM

Can't wait for the next episode, my fav slaying

Dec 25, 2018 9:25 AM
Liddo-kun said:
Question. :)

Before the gold reward was announced. When there were already 6 confirmed to help. Witch said they might be seven. I wonder who she is referring to? Who is this seventh person who will help for free? This is sort of a puzzle to me, because people I asked in another forum have different answers.
Priestess. Witch doesn't forget about her.

Dec 25, 2018 3:23 PM

Nice "shields". :D Neee? :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."

Dec 26, 2018 1:48 AM
I'm glad they mainly stuck with the first two volumes to adapt for the anime, especially with only 12 episodes.

Also, glad to see a character from Year One got so much screentime in this episode.

Dec 26, 2018 5:30 AM
LOVE THIS EPISODE!!! Goblins, goblins everywhere... and now with goblin champs and goblin lord... goblins sure became more powerful and for that goblin slayer needs all the adventurers for that mission.. and i love how goblin slayer plan the battle for that said fight...

cant wait for the finale episode...

Dec 26, 2018 6:01 AM

It was definitely worth waiting for the episode one week longer than usual. We finally get the adaptation of this awesome arc, and to say more - a very good adaptation. Everything was great here. We had emotions, such as sadness, despair, but also high mmorale for battle; very beautiful action scenes involving army of goblins and a party formed from many adventurers who accepted to join Goblin Slayer.

Almost no cons about this episode. Maybe the scene in the adventurers' guild could be more dramatic (at least it felt like that in the manga; I'm talking about this scene in which Goblin Slayer asked other adventurers for their help), but this scene was well executed after all, though I think it could have been done a little bit better. ;P

Okay, so the final episode is nigh. Can't wait to see Goblin Slayer dueling Goblin Lord!

Dec 26, 2018 9:00 AM

Goblin Slayer!!!! F--k those goblins up!

Soooo hyped for the next episode, woooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 26, 2018 6:43 PM

11 episodes in and this show is still just completely average.

absolutely nothing special or memorable about this show. It's just a solid average show that'll be forgotten in a few months.

Dec 26, 2018 7:40 PM
Glad the meat shields made it in. I think we saw enough to understand the intent and what was going on.

xxdarkknightxx12 said:
11 episodes in and this show is still just completely average.

absolutely nothing special or memorable about this show. It's just a solid average show that'll be forgotten in a few months.

Doubt it.

What will you say in a few months when it's not?

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

Preview MangaManga Store