Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 22, 2018 4:40 PM

Aug 2017
ok GUY'S: I hgave a REALLY insane theory here: What if Goblin Slayer Was Sans Undertale? Proof: his euyes glowed red at the last part while Sans Undertale eys glow blue. Like Share and Subscribe for more Conspiracy Theory's
Dec 22, 2018 5:14 PM

Dec 2015
I missed the priest girl a bit in this episode. Was she even in there? I think at the beginning when he was "recruiting" I waited for her and when the one guy said "we even might be 7" I thought she might pop up to say she wants to join. (But if I remember correctly it switched to the guild girl that told the guild was offering 1 gold coin reward.)

Later with the fights it was more focused on the elf/dwarf/lizard and the side chars that got recruited. (Btw I usually did not like the mage/witch female but this time I liked her - was fun to hear her way of talking and her calm voice during the action.)
Dec 22, 2018 6:10 PM

Nov 2017
Luthandorius said:
Later with the fights it was more focused on the elf/dwarf/lizard and the side chars that got recruited.

Theres a good reason for that,which you'll hopefully see next ep.

Seriously though,that final scene with GS,that was badass!
Dec 22, 2018 6:14 PM

Jun 2017
Awesome
So this episode and maybe the next one were the reason for the recap? It was worth it imo
Some nice action going on and a pretty cool ending-scene
Dec 22, 2018 6:20 PM

Sep 2017
Haha the Goblin Lord was looking shook! ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
The clash between the Hobs and the veteran adventurers was lit 🔥
and damn that one girl looking like Broly's sister haha

Also i think they handled the Meat shields well, I don't see anyone crying about it being too graphic, Like SAO barely showed some sexual scenes last time and it was an uproar (눈_눈)

Great episode 👌
Dec 22, 2018 7:17 PM

Mar 2015
One of the goblin champions was swinging a ship's anchor. If he connects that is really going to leave a mark!
The sword that takes life gives life
Dec 22, 2018 7:32 PM

Feb 2018
When adventurers gather, all obstacles can be passed. Can't wait for the continuation of Goblin Slayer against Lord Goblin.
Dec 22, 2018 7:41 PM

Oct 2015

Such an incredible character and best character of the season
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 22, 2018 8:33 PM

Aug 2013
that was awesome, worth the wait
Dec 22, 2018 9:03 PM
Oct 2018
papsoshea said:
The action scenes were trash!

Shot composition is horrible here, there were some chop, CG blood, still-images sequences, and this is an important time to have it done right. I have a feeling the last episode is going to be worse when it should feel tense and epic, the Goblin Lord is the most interesting character in the series, but hey, they fucked up every other episode so can trust the studio to mess it up.

Everything is rushed and the voice acting kills the tension. Really, I think this is the only time I have said something like this, for this arc, if you haven't already, just read the manga. Trust me, its definitely better, judging from this episode. Even the scenes of the adventurers butchering the goblins and riders are more epic. Doesn't have that feeling here.

0.1/5

p.s - seems like the studio chickened out and didn't go for the MUH EDGE meat shield scene in its "full glory" as some say, they censored it.

i agree. this adaptation is really bad.
They even fk up the meatshield (why bother showing it if you just gonna blur it)

where is the gore? tense? psychological? everything the manga have they ruined it
and the animation is mediocre at its best

they better be joking and just make this a parody and name it Silver boi and his friends

i think it's better if other studios gets a hold of this. this show went from potential anime of the season to a crowd memefest
Dec 22, 2018 9:36 PM

Dec 2014
well that was an awesome episode...hmmm I really liked it how everyone was together and all
Dec 22, 2018 9:38 PM
Jan 2018
Bruh, that witch is sooo hiighhhh like....yooo
Dec 22, 2018 9:45 PM

Dec 2017
Great episode, the number of goblin slain per ep is steady rising toward the end :D. Seeing those guide member in action is really nice.

Does anyone feel confusing watching both Goblin Slayer and Tensei Slime? Though the goblin are different, GS build so much hatred toward goblin, while in tensei slime goblin are nice monster.
Dec 22, 2018 9:52 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was a very intense episode!

To be frankly honest, I’m liking the rearranging of arcs to make this the finale of Season 1 because it’s intense and just signs-off at a bang! Goblin Slayer and the Cow Girl conversation at the start of the episode sure was saddening to listen to. Goblin Slayer comes in and says, “Leave!”, took me by surprise too but he’s known for being blunt when the situation arises so I liked that deliberate touch. Cow Girl’s uncle finally admits to hating Goblin Slayer and I honestly would like to know more about why, minute implications have been made but nothing too profound and solid as of yet. Fast forward and we see Goblin Slayer asking for help from fellow Adventurers, damn the situation must’ve been very dire indeed! Him offering all of his belongings and such, except for life, and then the reply from the fellow Adventurers was nice to see, it just shows that the Guild is like a big family more than anything albeit being a little cheesy and smooth.
As for the whole fight, it was intense, gore and very eventful. Always appreciate these kind of battles which involve planning and tactics at its very finest. Leave it to the Goblin Slayer. Goblins sure used an underhanded tactic this time using the females as shield, I’m glad Goblin Slayer got that area covered by predicting accurately beforehand. But of course, it wasn’t going to be that easy. Goblin Champions, Riders and finally the Goblin King sure make up a formidable force. I’m a little worried for Goblin Slayer taking on the Goblin King himself but the way he walked up to the King and petrified him was incredibly astonishing and hype-worthy!

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what the next finale episode has in store for us!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 22, 2018 10:14 PM
Oct 2017
It's annoying when people say GS is trash. The same people have no problem seeing multiple romance anime with basically the same love concept between two people. The plot may be different but the love is the same for almost every anime and people don't see fault in such animes?

GS is not a hero. He's a simple village guy a generic simple character . He has a generic life . That's the whole point of GS. He is a small part of the world he's in. It's like he's a small character from Sao. So of course the story will be simple . Cause that's exactly the case for GS

Other anime have op heros badass heros harem filled heros. And the funny thing is these anime number in the hundreds maybe even more. And yet people are not annoyed by this same repetitive animes only with different plot. But these guys lock goblin slayer for being different????

GS himself told lancer he can't die cause she would cry over it. He may have girls like him but he doesn't care about it. He only cares to rid his world if goblins which is like saying destroying all mosquitoes in the real world.

It may sound funny but if all mosquitoes are killed then millions of people will not die every year by malaria dengue etc. What he is doing is nothing special but if he succeeds then he can rid the wor
Dec 22, 2018 10:21 PM

Jan 2013
the receptionist is best support girl.

Oohhhhh shit lordy boy is going get shredded by GS!! that man is pissed!
Dec 22, 2018 10:24 PM
Oct 2017
It's annoying when people say GS is trash. The same people have no problem seeing multiple romance anime with basically the same love concept between two people. The plot may be different but the love is the same for almost every anime and people don't see fault in such animes?

GS is not a hero. He's a simple village guy a generic simple character . He has a generic life . That's the whole point of GS. He is a small part of the world he's in. It's like he's a small character from Sao. So of course the story will be simple . Cause that's exactly the case for GS

Other anime have op heros badass heros harem filled heros. And the funny thing is these anime number in the hundreds maybe even more. And yet people are not annoyed by this same repetitive animes only with different plot. But these guys lock goblin slayer for being different????

GS himself told lancer he can't die cause she would cry over it. He may have girls like him but he doesn't care about it. He only cares to rid his world if goblins which is like saying destroying all mosquitoes in the real world.

It may sound funny but if all mosquitoes are killed then millions of people will not die every year by malaria dengue etc. What he is doing is nothing special but if he succeeds then he can rid the world of goblin brutality. And that's worth it.

People who don't understand this simple thing and instead find every reason to humiliate GS can run to their op main characters and harem train animes and repetitive romance trash anime.

Best example for repitive romance is amagami seiren and bunny girl.

All three have a MC but he's different. All has 4 or 5 girls. And in 3 episodes he loves one girl. After that the arc ends and he goes for another girl. This all happened in alternate times so the girls r always new to fall in love with. ( Haven't seen bunny girl but I believe it is like this?)

So what I am saying is. GS is a different anime it's not about saving the world , op heros and such. It's just about the daily routine of a simple man who only kills goblins. People r also saying the characters have o development. Cause it's based on tabletop RPG. Is it that hard to see that? In those RPGs the players should make stories for the character. Hence the names in GS.

The episode was great. Cow girl cried and GS actually admitted he's not op. He even went to the guild to ask for help. The way the people were swayed to help him was great but I'm truth nearly all of them had a tiny feel for GS. Like he's the GS if he dies it'll be no goblin slaying so it'll be bad and all.

What more story are the people asking? I can never know. The story so far is good . It's different to other animes and that's great. As long as GS doesn't follow his harem train like kirito does . Then GS will be good( however for the sake of future generations he will need to have kids to carry his duty. So I can see him marrying one girl for this task) . If they take that as far as a harem. Then this anime would've failed :( . Fanservice is hard enough . Harem.is best avoided . Besides that GS is a great anime
Dec 22, 2018 11:00 PM
Aug 2018
Great episode! I truly enjoyed it!
Dec 22, 2018 11:44 PM
Oct 2017
Great episode, I’m really liking that they switched up the arcs.
Dec 23, 2018 12:00 AM

May 2017
This is whack, can't even show the meat shields, they at least showed one pfff lame

And there's no goblin lord POV so we didn't get his back story which is more interesting than the protagonist lol

And that witch girl, ugh the way she speaks became unbearable for me smh at least it was tolerable in the first few episodes but now ugh pweh, what happened to her, did she get some kind of dieses while prostituting coz that's definitely her side job
Dec 23, 2018 12:06 AM

Oct 2007
Did not expect that just one drink is enough payment for Spear Man. He's still a good person after all.

Guild Girl with really worried face when GS is begging for help in the guild. She really cares about him.

GS friends... priestess, dwarf, lizard, and elf would help of course.

However, it's still not enough if only Spear Man and GS friends help. The help of many more adventurers still needed to overcome 100+ goblins. Guild Girl helped by posting the quest with GOLD for every gob killed.
Liddo-kunDec 23, 2018 12:11 AM
Dec 23, 2018 1:40 AM

Apr 2016
Finally here!
As someone who read the manga, I find the first part (especially on Goblin Slayer's request scene) better in the anime. Goblin Slayer bowing his head to ask for help then was kinda shrugged off was kinda sad. Good thing the Guild was supportive (plot convenience! XD). Lancer was a good dude as compared to others who only joined coz there's "money" ---- well it can't be helped coz they're not "heroes".

What an adorable smile from Guild Girl! ^_^

For the second part (the goblin slaying), I find the manga's version better but that doesn't mean I didn't like the anime's version. The scene with the meat shields was kinda underwhelming though I was expecting it coz it's a TV anime and have to be "safe" as much as possible.

Looking forward to the finale!
Dec 23, 2018 1:50 AM

Apr 2015
papsoshea said:
idontknowsarcasm said:

-
nice, more trash talk from your part, also what did you want?
obviously the would censore the meat shield and would be uncensored in the blu-rays
Trash talk? You mean facts right? Goblin Slayer is irrelevant now because of the reasons I have been saying since the start. Hardly anyone gives a shit except for the hardcore fans. Look at the activity here and on Reddit for Goblin Slayer, its dropped so much. This part of the story is way better in the manga.

They couldn't show the same skeevy details like from episode 1, this is probably why they recapped as well. Ensuring there would be no backlash. Censoring it didn't take away the impact of the meat shields, and if they did the same to the little scene in episode 1, they wouldn't have been called out for using cheap shock value to draw in some horny teens. Those gratuitous details were added in to make a scene artificially darker but the censorship here proved such details do not need to be added in to show how unforgiving this world can be or the vilification of the goblins.
Congratulations for being most generic weeb elitist.
Dec 23, 2018 2:03 AM

Jan 2015
It’s kind of sad to think that Re:Zero had the quality of this episode or even better for his entire run

Anyway, truly an emotional and exciting episode
Dec 23, 2018 2:15 AM

May 2012
Amazing episode

Looks like the final episode will be great.
Dec 23, 2018 2:16 AM

May 2012
hassasin-1001 said:
SacredFactor said:
I was sort of hoping for the Goblin Lord speech. I hope they will at least show the Goblin Lord's history next episode.

Yeah, Goblin Lord's speech was one of the best parts in the manga.

What chapter you see his speech ?!
Dec 23, 2018 2:22 AM

Oct 2007
footmaster said:
Finally here!
As someone who read the manga, I find the first part (especially on Goblin Slayer's request scene) better in the anime. Goblin Slayer bowing his head to ask for help then was kinda shrugged off was kinda sad. Good thing the Guild was supportive (plot convenience! XD). Lancer was a good dude as compared to others who only joined coz there's "money" ---- well it can't be helped coz they're not "heroes".

What an adorable smile from Guild Girl! ^_^

For the second part (the goblin slaying), I find the manga's version better but that doesn't mean I didn't like the anime's version. The scene with the meat shields was kinda underwhelming though I was expecting it coz it's a TV anime and have to be "safe" as much as possible.

Looking forward to the finale!

Since Lancer joined to help, I think his witch friend would automatically come as well even with no money offered to her. However, they are not enough.. so it's important to get the help of the others too. Can't blame the adventurers... this is work that they could lose their lives doing, and indeed a few lost their lives. The money is needed as additional motivation.

Agreed that Guild Girl smile is adorable. ^^
Dec 23, 2018 2:22 AM

Sep 2018
The beginning had made me fear another dull and inconclusive episode, in some ways it was so: a little ridiculous at first, as he recovered something, even if the clash with the goblins was not the best as choreography and timing, everything seemed disconnected and not a whole one. Characters that do not improve that much, still remaining in some ways anonymous.
Dec 23, 2018 3:33 AM

Feb 2014
It looks like the re-arrangement of the arcs is already paying off, as this episode was worth the extra week of waiting for. It was really good. =)

Goblin Slayer knew that he wouldn't be able to take on this massive hoard of goblins alone and his childhood friend was definitely upset and worried about what could possibly happen as well. So Goblin Slayer went to the guild and asked for all of the adventurers, regardless of rank, for their help. Slowly, but surely and with the help from a certain receptionist's gold reward for each goblin slayed, the whole adventurers rallied with Goblin Slayer's request.

As expected, the goblins' tactics of using meat shields was vile of them, but thankfully they were taken out easily and the the girls used as shields were rescued.

The whole tactical plan from Goblin Slayer worked as a treat, with the adventurers having no issues with the goblins so far. With the arrival of the goblin champions, things will gt tougher.

As for Goblin Slayer himself, he went after the goblin lord and I must say, Goblin Slayer looked very detailed and menacing at the end of the episode. I like it! ^_^

The last episode should be hype. The action scenes were decently animated, but I'm hoping that White Fox pours in more resources for the last episode. I'm looking forward to it. =D
Dec 23, 2018 5:01 AM

Jul 2014
This was a real solid episode, and so far I can already tell that this arc will work much better as an anime ending than the Water Town arc would have done. Besides that, it was first nice to see Goblin Slayer admit that he needed help this time, and to then see the other adventurers show some real support for him after many of them have spent the entire show deriding him. Some solid battle tactics and a great battle then followed, and ending on that shot of Goblin Slayer coming out of the shadows with the glowing eye was great.
Dec 23, 2018 5:09 AM

Nov 2011
Good ep, just wish there was a bit more story and continuity, this ep just felt like it came out of nowhere.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 23, 2018 5:17 AM
May 2009
Episode 11 offers probably the worst set piece preparation the series had so far. Very rushed and without the qualities that make the series set pieces so good. We see strategies and planning after the thing is said and done - lame.

Noblebright can be very entertaining, but not when you focus on all the weaknesses the writing has.
Dec 23, 2018 5:20 AM

Aug 2018
thepath said:
hassasin-1001 said:

Yeah, Goblin Lord's speech was one of the best parts in the manga.

What chapter you see his speech ?!

In the chapter 12.
Dec 23, 2018 7:16 AM
Feb 2017
I still don't get why they litteraly remove all of the lord goblin's line. It doesn't make any sens. I just read the manga after this episode and it's way better actually.

A lot of thing is missing here.
Dec 23, 2018 7:21 AM

May 2016
That ending was truly good just like a Hunter coming out of the woods to take out his target.
Dec 23, 2018 8:05 AM

Apr 2018
What an epic episode.
Dec 23, 2018 8:10 AM

Jul 2017
Oeni10 said:
I still don't get why they litteraly remove all of the lord goblin's line. It doesn't make any sens. I just read the manga after this episode and it's way better actually.

They'll probably show the Goblin Lord's backstory next episode to give context to how he became one and to hammer down the fact that what Goblin Slayer did in the first episode by killing those goblin babies was the correct decision. Though if they keep him with no dialogue then that'd be a pretty weird decision.
Dec 23, 2018 9:12 AM

Jan 2018
It was great to see Guts and Lancer in action this episode lol
Dec 23, 2018 10:06 AM

Mar 2016
I think this was the best episode of goblin slayer so far

Dec 23, 2018 10:39 AM

Nov 2017
IrishPork said:
It was great to see Guts and Lancer in action this episode lol

GOD SO I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED

Anyway, even though I get the appeal of the anime it's just incredibly boring to me. Even in this episode, I didn't feel any hype, I was just... bored with the so called "action".
I only appreciated the scene when GS bowed and asked for help, I actually like the guy but everything else sucks. The ideas behind the MC are not bad at all but it could have been so much better if we changed.. a hell of a lot of things.
From what I heard the manga is way better but the anime didn't make me feel like reading it..

Dec 23, 2018 11:35 AM
Aug 2016
Finally we got a good episode after a whole season's worth of crap
Dec 23, 2018 11:36 AM
Nov 2016
Man, they really laid the beat down on those goblins. Spearman helped Goblin Slayer out....

GS looked like a bad ass when he appeared to face the Goblin Lord. Hope he's able to beat it
Dec 23, 2018 11:42 AM

Mar 2017
One of my most favourite arc.
Love that unity between adventurers.
There was some fierce battle. There was even casualties.
Dec 23, 2018 11:53 AM
Apr 2018
Man, this week's chapter really made the waiting worthy.

I loved how this chapter had the classic fantasy anime vibe and we also got to see the other silver adventures in action.

besides, That adventure with the blue armor feels like Lancer from Fate Stay Night.
Dec 23, 2018 1:37 PM
May 2014
Deknijff said:
seems they censored the shields as expected

wait on DVD and Blurays maybe I guess
rest was pretty good I guess

Also most of the gore was censored.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2018 1:41 PM

Oct 2013
cristinacke28 said:
Deknijff said:
seems they censored the shields as expected

wait on DVD and Blurays maybe I guess
rest was pretty good I guess
Also most of the gore was censored.
thats a real shame too honestly
Dec 23, 2018 2:41 PM

May 2011
luccide said:
Wait, was the Goblin King/Lord trying to run away by his own?..

Well he did mention that a living goblin will learn from his mistakes.
Dec 23, 2018 2:52 PM

May 2011
Oeni10 said:

Next episode will surely have a goblin lord backstory
Dec 23, 2018 2:56 PM

May 2011
i'm just hoping for good enough sales, for a second season.
Since there are nine light novel volumes out in Japan.
Dec 23, 2018 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
Mais um episódio merda como sempre kkkkkkk
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2018

197 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 10, 5:53 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2018

368 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 9, 1:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.