Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2018 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh my, cow girl and tears.

I didn't think first half of the episode was interesting. Second half was much darker and honestly, these goblins are just everywhere. It's about time we got to see the Witch in action though. Only took 11 episodes...

Bodies dropping everywhere lol. Those giant goblins are such thirsty monsters...

GS about to raise that count next time.
Stark700Dec 22, 2018 9:07 AM
Dec 22, 2018 8:40 AM

Apr 2010
We had to wait a week longer but it was worth it i can't say that i was disappointed with this episode they did a really great job with this one.
It was nice in the manga but it's great in the anime and i am really looking forward to next week.

That being said it was nice too see the reactions to Goblin Slayers request.
And now the other adventures get to see a part of what Goblin Slayer deals with every day even the newbies now the cruelty of the goblins now.
Wether they learn from it is a different thing tho.

And it's also nice to see the other adventures fighting for ones, we have seen some training from them but we haven't seen them fighting which is something i was really looking forward to.
Dec 22, 2018 8:58 AM

Dec 2014
Best episode till date, I think it was a fantastic idea to switch the arcs up and have this close out the season. This was so awesome.

Damn, I got really emotional when Goblin Slayer bowed his head and asked for help from all the adventurers at the guild. Especially when he said he'd give up anything he had as an award, thankfully the guy with the spear turned out to be a good dude.

Guild Girl coming through big time, this is why she's the best. That smile on her face when all the adventurers got riled up. <3
I couldn't help but grin too during that entire scene, most of the adventurers are simply too prideful to admit they actually wanna help. xD

The battle was awesome, it was super cool to see everyone execute GS's strategy and I''m glad it was all really well animated. Everyone should've gotten a taste of what goblins are really like now. The final scene with GS walking towards the Goblin Lord was pure badass.

I can't wait for the finale next week, it's gonna be glorious.
Dec 22, 2018 9:06 AM

Dec 2017
"he went... to slay some goblins" lmao, you don't say
i guess at first a lot of people outraged about them not including this battle where it was supposed to be but this change is actually more suitable as the finale of the show.

a bit more respect from his fellow heroes for a dramatic effect, a large scale battle of all sorts of heroes and goblins, and voilà - a worthy finale
Dec 22, 2018 9:11 AM

Jan 2017
Fucking mega hyped for this episode since day one. It was great to see the entire guild joining Goblinslayer on his crusade.
Dec 22, 2018 9:17 AM

May 2017
ooh shit that ending got me hyped..

the action was underwhelming in this episode but I'm hoping that they will go all out in the climax next week. Nice episode
Dec 22, 2018 9:18 AM

Jul 2012
I actually ended up liking this change in arc order.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2018 9:22 AM

Jun 2009
wait a lil ... they did the adoption like it was in the manga - but this event should have happend earlier soo if they but it in later they at least could change things like
(he formed a crew just recently, or the act of his team they know him already quiet enough but their it seems he still have too gain their trust ) = its just weird
Dec 22, 2018 9:27 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

It was nice to see all the adventures fighting together against the goblins.

Dec 22, 2018 9:29 AM

Jun 2009
but the fight was great nice too see the hole guild in action waited for that :D
Dec 22, 2018 9:48 AM

Feb 2018
Its a Goblin Slaying festival.
Dec 22, 2018 9:53 AM

Jan 2018
Guild Girl is the best and that's shown in this episode

Can't wait for next episode I hope I am not disappointed when that helmet comes up
I hope that studio won't mess up next episode they pushed this arc to be a conclusion for this season

Jan 2017
Lancer was only looking for an excuse to help goblinslayer with his quest.

May 2018
Kannei said:
wait a lil ... they did the adoption like it was in the manga - but this event should have happend earlier soo if they but it in later they at least could change things like
(he formed a crew just recently, or the act of his team they know him already quiet enough but their it seems he still have too gain their trust ) = its just weird

They probably used the manga for this episode because this arc was available when they started producing the anime.
Dec 22, 2018 9:54 AM
Sep 2018
OMG THESE GOBLINS,HOW SAVAGE OF THEM USING GIRLS AS THEIR SHIELD
I felt bad at ep 1 when killed those goblins kids
GIVE ME BACK MY ACT OF MERCY!
Dec 22, 2018 9:55 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Best episode so far. Found Goblin Slayer a bit boring so far and couldn't get any enjoyment out of it, but this episode was interesting enough to enjoy.

The show as a whole is a bit eh, but I haven't read the manga or the LN, so I don't know how good the adaption actually is.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Dec 22, 2018 10:00 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode. Cow girls decision to stay sure was brave of her and indicative of how she much values and cares about GS. The scene where GS made his request at the guild though was impressive. The elf and parties response to the request also did well to show the strong bonds that had been forged between them. Guild girl's contribution though was the decisive blow though. The battle though sure was impressive particularly in the tactics that were used by both sides. It was seeing each of the support characters contribute their own way in the battle. GS's extensive knowledge on goblin tactics really came in handy. Can't wait to see how this battle will end next week in the finale.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2018 10:03 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode. I learned from previous episode discussions that this arc was supposed to happen sooner, but I am glad they made this the last arc. There's more buildup for the impact when Goblin Slayer asked for help and the adventurers coming together for him.

This fight really shows how much of an expert is Goblin Slayer. He completely predicted all of the goblins' movement. I am interested in how will he defeat the lord though. He seemed to have trouble against a goblin champion in the previous arc afterall.
Dec 22, 2018 10:17 AM

Jun 2014
This arc is way better as the finale. Much bigger impact, and it ends the show with a bang. GS' strategy seems to be working perfectly so far, and there don't seem to be many issues at the moment. The last shot of this episode was pretty hype, and I'm looking forward to seeing GS vs. the Goblin Lord.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 22, 2018 10:20 AM

Apr 2015
This was great!

Cow Girl in tears is just heartbreaking :(

How GS asked the other adventurers at the guild for help was really nice. Then Guild Girl who goes one step beyond that and actually made a quest for slaying those goblins that GS need help with. Guild Girl proves again to be best girl!

GS is a genius when it comes to strategies for killing goblins. Now the Hob's are going to be a real challenge for the adventurers, while he himself is going to take on the Goblin Lord!

Can't wait for next week!
Dec 22, 2018 10:23 AM
Aug 2018
I enjoyed this episode can’t wait for the next one!
Dec 22, 2018 10:31 AM
Jun 2016
am HYPED for Slayer V Goblin lord next week!

Hope they surpass expectations...

Meanwhile, good episode, and nice to finish this season with the farm arc.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Dec 22, 2018 10:38 AM

Jan 2011
The build up to this episode and Goblin Slayer asking for help was perfectly adapted and as wholesome in the manga.
Although I wonder why they bothered to censor so much of this episode compared to the first episode.

I was sort of hoping for the Goblin Lord speech. I hope they will at least show the Goblin Lord's history next episode.
Dec 22, 2018 10:56 AM

Aug 2016
Everything about Cowgirl lowers the quality of the show, hard to enjoy a serious show with dumb fan service characters. Hey dumb-ass he wanted you to leave so he could fight without worrying about you, but hey stick around, be a distraction.

Other than that, the rest of the episode was fun, good to see the other character getting a chance to show their stuff. Also the Goblin Lord running away after sending out his hobs and champions, what a coward.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Dec 22, 2018 11:05 AM

May 2018
The best episode of Goblin Slayer. Better than the Water Town arc.
Dec 22, 2018 11:19 AM

Dec 2015
This episode almost made me wish I had dropped this show. At least the second half was mildly entertaining though.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 22, 2018 11:21 AM

Aug 2018
SacredFactor said:
I was sort of hoping for the Goblin Lord speech. I hope they will at least show the Goblin Lord's history next episode.

Yeah, Goblin Lord's speech was one of the best parts in the manga.
Dec 22, 2018 11:24 AM

Oct 2013
seems they censored the shields as expected

wait on DVD and Blurays maybe I guess
rest was pretty good I guess
Dec 22, 2018 11:27 AM

Mar 2016
Damn, what a episode. Enjoyed it a lot, by far my favourite episode!
Dec 22, 2018 11:28 AM

Jul 2017
Personally I liked this arc in the manga and the speech Goblin Slayer gave was powerful. The anime did a solid job in recreating that feel.

The show may have gone severely downhill in the last few episodes, but this episode was decent. Action still looked wonky but atleast there was a bit of heart and soul in this particular episode.
Dec 22, 2018 11:30 AM

Aug 2015
I honestly cannot wait until this lifeless husk of a fantasy series to end.
I would take Akame Ga Kill over this trashleap.
1/10
Dec 22, 2018 11:40 AM

Mar 2016
VileKurata said:
I honestly cannot wait until this lifeless husk of a fantasy series to end.
I would take Akame Ga Kill over this trashleap.
1/10

The lone appeal is having a tad bit more gore and blood to it, tbh
otherwise, it's turning out to be a run-of-the-mill fantasy series
I'm genuinely disappointed, even though this episode was kinda fun to watch.
Berserk 1997 was far far superior, though.
Dec 22, 2018 11:59 AM

Aug 2008
Glad to see they didn't fuck up this episode too much. It was actually the first good one since... well, the first episode. Animation was lacking and brutality toned down way too much but at this point it's hard to expect anything better. Apparently sexual deviants are fine but showing someone die is a big no-no in anime...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Dec 22, 2018 12:02 PM

Aug 2018
Dope ! I just regret one thing : the lack of Goblin Lord's monolog, which was (in the manga version at least) really dirty, nasty and disgusting. It would have given such a wind of hatred for the viewers, toward goblins.

Anyway, still a very awaited & satisfying episode, with the appropriated rythm. I'm really curious to see how they will fill the whole 24 minutes for last episode (considering the last fight will last... hum let's say half of the episode max) !
Dec 22, 2018 12:08 PM

Aug 2018
I regret they basically did away with the meat shields.
Dec 22, 2018 12:10 PM
Feb 2016
Man, that battle alone was worth waiting 2 weeks for

This show just keeps pushing me towards reading the manga later on
Dec 22, 2018 12:26 PM
Oct 2007
Wait, was the Goblin King/Lord trying to run away by his own?..
Dec 22, 2018 1:00 PM

May 2016
Cow girl is a hardcore idiot, wow!
Dec 22, 2018 1:20 PM

Jan 2017
It was obviously going to be goblin slayer going after the Lord, if only his fight was gonna happen in front of the adventurers so he doesn't have try to prove himself further. A great episode nonetheless.

Why did that red haired one have to say, "I'm staying behind too."
No, just no. Stop being an idiot, only holding him back.
Finale next week. yaaaaasss.
Dec 22, 2018 1:26 PM
Oct 2018
papsoshea said:
The action scenes were trash!

Shot composition is horrible here, there were some chop, CG blood, still-images sequences, and this is an important time to have it done right. I have a feeling the last episode is going to be worse when it should feel tense and epic, the Goblin Lord is the most interesting character in the series, but hey, they fucked up every other episode so can trust the studio to mess it up.

Everything is rushed and the voice acting kills the tension. Really, I think this is the only time I have said something like this, for this arc, if you haven't already, just read the manga. Trust me, its definitely better, judging from this episode. Even the scenes of the adventurers butchering the goblins and riders are more epic. Doesn't have that feeling here.

0.1/5

p.s - seems like the studio chickened out and didn't go for the MUH EDGE meat shield scene in its "full glory" as some say, they censored it.

-
nice, more trash talk from your part, also what did you want?
obviously the would censore the meat shield and would be uncensored in the blu-rays
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 22, 2018 1:34 PM

Nov 2016
Now this is what I'm talking about. Still not great, but entertaining and way better than the boring slice of life parts.

Especially liked the speech.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 22, 2018 2:03 PM

Oct 2018
there's no way they could unintentionally make this episode bad ,it could be better but the one we have is already really good

the meat shield appear for a split second and then got blurred out ,at least its there

really liking lancer and paladin in the raid the fight scene looks really good

it does show how desperate gs when he ask for help in the guild ,and guild girl save the day ,with the quest from the guild

i hope there's season 2 ,or at least ova of the harvest festival ,i really do

still wondering with all that army ,why gs only went to the lord alone ,next episode an epic 1vs1(but we all know the priestess gonna be there to do the usual "goburin sulaiya-san goburin sulaiya-san")

Dec 22, 2018 2:08 PM

Aug 2012
What a piece of shit Goblin Lord, from using meat-shields to running away like a fucking coward.
Dec 22, 2018 2:10 PM
Mar 2015
to quote the Thing " Its clobbering time"
Dec 22, 2018 2:44 PM

Jun 2015
DAYUM! This ep was epic af *_*
Dec 22, 2018 3:07 PM

Jun 2017
Aww, it ended at the best part. Can't wait to see the goblin lord get rekt.
Dec 22, 2018 3:16 PM

Jan 2014
Like how it showed those adventurers actually being good at something. Especially Lancer, who, I always suspected to be just talk. Guess I was wrong.

I also wonder what exactly his relation is with Mage Girl, and whether Mage Girl actually got captured by goblins before and had her vocal cords damaged, or if she's simply putting something in that kiseru other than regular tobacco.

PsyKhi said:
(but we all know the priestess gonna be there to do the usual "goburin sulaiya-san goburin sulaiya-san")

LMFAO, she really does sound like a needy kid.

tambi33 said:
Why did that red haired one have to say, "I'm staying behind too."
No, just no. Stop being an idiot, only holding him back.
Finale next week. yaaaaasss.
Frigyesur said:
Cow girl is a hardcore idiot, wow!

She wasn't holding him back, as she knew he would be staying to die in any case, not to win. Also, she makes the cattle argument, which basically means that she and her uncle would live a miserable uncertain life in any case, as there is no Obamacare or any other wellfare/benefit arrangement in GS' world.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 22, 2018 3:38 PM

Oct 2018
Laionidas said:

I also wonder what exactly his relation is with Mage Girl, and whether Mage Girl actually got captured by goblins before and had her vocal cords damaged, or if she's simply putting something in that kiseru other than regular tobacco.

I doubt she got damaged by goblin ,i just gonna call her sword maiden 2.0 if she did

And between the mage girl and lancer
Just like between Guts(i forgot his name) and paladin probably in a way love interest , its showed in the side story manga she got jealous whenever lancer ask about guild girl
-1 for gs harem (also +1 a catgirl waitress)
PsyKhiDec 22, 2018 3:41 PM
Dec 22, 2018 3:39 PM

Jul 2016
Laionidas said:
Like how it showed those adventurers actually being good at something. Especially Lancer, who, I always suspected to be just talk. Guess I was wrong.

They're from the same party and the Mage/Witch has unrequited love towards Lancer/Spearman though he didn't notice it. As for her speech pattern, I heard it was just her witch-y habit/ paranoia of not saying a sentence in one go to prevent accidental invocation of spell that might kill her and those around her.
Dec 22, 2018 4:30 PM

Feb 2016
Where was this episode 9 weeks ago?

Wizard girl's voice is too annoying btw.

Decent episode. I hope this series finale isn't as underwhelming as how it has been entirely
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Yesterday, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2018

197 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 10, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.