Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 27, 2018 3:37 AM

Apr 2015
I kinda understand now why is Abacchio so annoyed with Giorno....seems like Giorno has something against listening to others. He just does whatever the fuck he wants lol
Dec 27, 2018 4:23 AM

Jul 2014
PedroBV96 said:
Hobgoblin2099 said:

The other assassins figure that the group has Trish because Formaggio went after Narancia to investigate that possibility and died in a big flaming explosion. The reason the boss tells the gang to move is because he figures the assassination team will be searching that area, which is why they're getting the key at present.

You know there have been no scenes in the show until now, about the other assassins figuring out that Trish is cared by Bruno's team, neither the boss figuring out that the assassination team goes after his daughter to send the order to Bruno.

That's what the scene about the key in the last episode was about.
Dec 27, 2018 5:38 AM

Jul 2011
This is just getting better and better and better. I fucking love this part!
Dec 27, 2018 7:47 AM
Jan 2016
Hobgoblin2099 said:

That scene tells us the boss reaction to figuring it out, not how he was informed. We just can assume that he somehow knew about it, without anything previously shown in the show that can confirm it. And it doesn't tell us how the assasins could figure out that Trish is cared by Bruno's team.
PedroBV96Dec 27, 2018 7:54 AM
Dec 27, 2018 9:59 AM
Dec 2018
PedroBV96 said:
Hobgoblin2099 said:

That scene tells us the boss reaction to figuring it out, not how he was informed. We just can assume that he somehow knew about it, without anything previously shown in the show that can confirm it. And it doesn't tell us how the assasins could figure out that Trish is cared by Bruno's team.

Bruno's team was the only one that didn't show up to Polpo's funeral, and as previously mentioned by Sale on the fifth episode, Polpo likes Bucciarati at the point of trusting him his own fortune. So if he and his gang didn't appeared there, they must be up to something, also, they probably already knew that Polpo was the one that had to protect Trish,so after he died they just assumed that the closest person to him,Bucciarati, would take care of his unfinished task.

About how the boss was informed, he commands a mafia that basically took over Italy, and as seen on the fifth episode, the information about Polpo's death was spread pretty quickly, so if that happened, imagine what would after multiple cars being exploded on a street,they're protecting his own daughter, of course he would know about their situation and always try to keep in touch with them, besides, the message wasn't sent to Bucciarati immediately after that happened, we don't really know how much time Narancia took to go back to the vineyard, and even there, the message was sent after Narancia tell Bruno and the rest of the team about the whole situation, plus, the fact that the Hitman team communicates through the computer was established since the first time they appeared, so it makes sense that the boss would too, its a very effective way of communicating.
Dec 27, 2018 12:00 PM
Jan 2016
buracoo said:

Bruno's team was the only one that didn't show up to Polpo's funeral, and as previously mentioned by Sale on the fifth episode, Polpo likes Bucciarati at the point of trusting him his own fortune. So if he and his gang didn't appeared there, they must be up to something, also, they probably already knew that Polpo was the one that had to protect Trish,so after he died they just assumed that the closest person to him,Bucciarati, would take care of his unfinished task.

About how the boss was informed, he commands a mafia that basically took over Italy, and as seen on the fifth episode, the information about Polpo's death was spread pretty quickly, so if that happened, imagine what would after multiple cars being exploded on a street,they're protecting his own daughter, of course he would know about their situation and always try to keep in touch with them, besides, the message wasn't sent to Bucciarati immediately after that happened, we don't really know how much time Narancia took to go back to the vineyard, and even there, the message was sent after Narancia tell Bruno and the rest of the team about the whole situation, plus, the fact that the Hitman team communicates through the computer was established since the first time they appeared, so it makes sense that the boss would too, its a very effective way of communicating.

1. The funeral was never shown, so we can't make such an affirmation. In fact, the funeral was happening during Narancia and Formaggio's fight, so we can suppose that the hitman team was absent too.

2. Polpo was a hood, known by everyone in the gang, so it's natural that his death would be fastly known. That wouldn't be the case with an incident on a street.

3. Did we see some sort of individual, object, or stand wacthing from the distance, the place where Narancia and Formaggio were fighting, so the boss could be known about it? We didn't.

4. If you noticed, Iluso asked Fugo about the place Trish is hidden, so they still don't know where she is.

Note apart, I find strange that they don't use cell phones.
Dec 27, 2018 12:56 PM
Dec 2018
PedroBV96 said:
buracoo said:

1. The funeral was never shown, so we can't make such an affirmation. In fact, the funeral was happening during Narancia and Formaggio's fight, so we can suppose that the hitman team was absent too.

2. Polpo was a hood, known by everyone in the gang, so it's natural that his death would be fastly known. That wouldn't be the case with an incident on a street.

3. Did we see some sort of individual, object, or stand wacthing from the distance, the place where Narancia and Formaggio were fighting, so the boss could be known about it? We didn't.

4. If you noticed, Iluso asked Fugo about the place Trish is hidden, so they still don't know where she is.

Note apart, I find strange that they don't use cell phones.

1. They don't really need to be there, all it takes is talking to someone through the computer to confirm it,Formaggio was there to follow one of Bruno's gang members and make sure their assumptions were correct,probably the message that Formaggio received while he was in the Hotel where we see him at first its confirming that they were in fact absent.

2.It's not a simple incident, at least 5 cars were blown by someone that wasn't at Polpo's funeral and happens to be taking care of Trish, even if the normal gang members don't know about the details of everything it would eventually get to the boss.

3.It's not because we didn't see it that it didn't happen, the boss basically controls Italy so if something happened to the crew that is taking care of his daughter he definitely would have some way of discovering it.

4.Yeah,they don't know, that's why they're following the tracks that the gang is leaving and not going straight to the vineyard.The explosion,the rented car.

The story takes place in 2001, I don't think the cell phones back then were as useful as a computer. But yeah, they could probably use it.
Dec 27, 2018 3:17 PM
Jan 2016
buracoo said:

3.It's not because we didn't see it that it didn't happen, the boss basically controls Italy so if something happened to the crew that is taking care of his daughter he definitely would have some way of discovering it.

We can be sure that it happened, but because we didn't see it, is that it feels that he discovered it out of nowhere.

Note apart, this made me think the next: If the boss discovered that something happened to the crew that is taking care of his daughter, don't you think the boss could have discovered what Giorno is trying to do? Altough Bruno didn't tell anything, he could somehow know about the conversation Bruno and Giorno had after his fight, and sending someone to kill Giorno in consequence, since you already stated that the boss basically controls Italy.
PedroBV96Dec 27, 2018 3:27 PM
Dec 27, 2018 3:33 PM
Dec 2018
PedroBV96 said:
buracoo said:

We can be sure that it happened, but because we didn't see it, is that it feels that he discovered it out of nowhere.

I think this is a more subtle way of demonstrating how the boss has control over everything, but I get where you're coming from. Later we'll get more instances where the boss demonstrates directly his power.
Dec 27, 2018 5:00 PM
Dec 2018
PedroBV96 said:
buracoo said:

Note apart, this made me think the next: If the boss discovered that something happened to the crew that is taking care of his daughter, don't you think the boss could have discovered what Giorno is trying to do? Altough Bruno didn't tell anything, he could somehow know about the conversation Bruno and Giorno had after his fight, and sending someone to kill Giorno in consequence, since you already stated that the boss basically controls Italy.

The boss could probably have figured out Giorno's intentions by now, but back then Bucciarati wasn't relevant, he was just questioning Giorno about who killed Luca, its not an important mission, that is reinforced by the fact that he didn't even bring the rest of the team to help him. On the other hand, now they're protecting his daughter, the only thing that could lead to his true indentity,and then one of the guys that are supposedly taking care of her explodes 5 cars, of course he would discover about it.
Dec 27, 2018 8:48 PM

Jul 2016
Terium said:
This is just getting better and better and better. I fucking love this part!

As an anime only fan I am enjoying this part more than Diamond for sure.
Dec 30, 2018 1:07 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode! I tend to forget how scary Fugo's Purple Haze stand is. But it's a shame that it will never reach its full potential :\

Anyways, just enjoy Fugo's appearance here as much as you can.

As usual, Giorno just won't let his comrades die even just by meeting them a week or so.

Can't wait for the next one!
Jan 5, 2019 7:50 AM
Jul 2018
Deepened also the character of Fugo, beautiful.
Jan 7, 2019 6:42 AM
Apr 2016
SomaHeir said:
As usual, Giorno just won't let his comrades die even just by meeting them a week or so.

Actually it's literally been a day/less than a day since Giorno joined the gang LMAO. Part 5 takes place over the course of 8 days? I believe.
Jan 7, 2019 7:03 AM

Oct 2018
Tsukizono said:
SomaHeir said:

Actually it's literally been a day/less than a day since Giorno joined the gang LMAO. Part 5 takes place over the course of 8 days? I believe.

Wow, only 8 days? That's really short compared to parts 1-4
Jan 24, 2019 6:49 AM

May 2016
Awesome adaptation, glad to see Fugo's stand Toxic Smoker who is pretty lit for a stand.

Can't believe it took 12 episode to see Fugo's stand, those mirror remind of the mirror duels in Yugioh
Feb 18, 2019 2:02 PM

Feb 2012
the CR name for Man in the mirror has to be the worse so far

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 12, 2019 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
Great backstory. I love how Jojo characters' backstories are able to be dramatic without reaching the territories of melodrama like a majority of anime backstories do.

I have to say, I'm kinda dissapointed with the enemies' stand power. I was expecting something more original. That said, it's really exciting to figure out how the characters are going to get out of this situation.
May 14, 2019 7:01 PM
Apr 2016
Seems like the stand-of-the-episode is coming back, oh well...time for some repetitive crap. Though, seems like each new mini-new-stand-user arc revolves around a specific character in the group, showing their past in the process. Good episode.
May 18, 2019 5:01 AM

Oct 2013
It looks like Fugo is emotionally unstable (and I'm not talking about being picky towards Giorno inside their truck). His Stand represents his personality perfectly to be honest. Purple Haze is very dangerous and out of control is a huge threat not only for enemies, but for allies as well.

Illuso looked fabulous, hehe. His Stand's mirror-like ability reminds me of The Sun from Part 3.

I had a feeling that angry Abbacchio really enjoyed touching Giorno's chest, lol.
✨Saint Seiya Club🌠
Aug 4, 2019 5:45 PM

Mar 2012
Oh no, not the pedo professor!
Aug 5, 2019 8:59 PM

Mar 2015
Purple Haze and Man In The Mirror.. really loving the classic pop/rock references!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 1, 2019 4:43 AM

Jul 2015
Fugo's stand is pretty savage

At least fugo beat that pedo professor up with that 4 kilogram encyclopedia

Jan 23, 2020 8:52 PM

Jul 2013
Was that dude with the Michael Jackson stand waiting in that area by chance? I don't think so. I say these assasin bois were the ones that sent the email to Buccialatti.
Feb 20, 2020 4:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Man of the mirror is great, and cool to see Fugo's backstory this time
Mar 15, 2020 12:53 PM

Mar 2010
Another interesting battle, there doesn't really seem to be any hints about how to defeat the enemy, but maybe those dead crows have more than meets the eye.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 19, 2020 4:16 AM
Tyrant

Aug 2018
I feel like part 5 is just a rebooted part3. This mirror guy - Hanged Man stand. Narancia's stand - N'Doul's stand. And they are getting chased by enemies... They want to defeat the supreme leader. Don't get me wrong, I like part 5.
Jun 1, 2020 11:27 AM
Jul 2009
This was awesome! The part with the creepy teacher was quite unnerving.
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Jun 4, 2020 4:23 PM

May 2018
Yep, after this episode I think my favourite character in this part is Fugo...
Jul 17, 2020 4:09 PM

Mar 2020
Damn Fugo doesn't even look like your typical hot head character, he actually looks the calmest out of the whole group lol
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Nov 27, 2020 5:44 PM
Sep 2020
So it's the same type of stand as hanged man?
Dec 7, 2020 6:26 PM

Aug 2018
Love how that gayass pedo got his ass beat!
I cant even think of a way that Fugo is gonna get out of this situation...

Jul 28, 2021 8:16 PM

Apr 2018
Fugo's stand, a raging virus.
But damn, the personality of the stand is hiliarous.
Always wants to stay clean xD

Fugo's backstory was also tragic espically what he did with the professors.

Well, more fights to introduce the characters.
Probably done in a few episodes.
Giorno doesn't want to give up on Fugo..

And Fugo's ''DAGA KOTOWARO'' reminded me of Rahon's xD
Amazing..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 23, 2021 5:59 PM
Jun 2020
God, Giorno is such a W!
Dec 5, 2021 11:39 AM
Nov 2020
Purple Haze has a really good design.
Mar 31, 2022 11:24 AM

Sep 2015
Purple Haze is a very interesting stand O:

I wonder how things will turn out for Fugo next episode.

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jul 11, 2022 4:14 AM

Dec 2021
This bad guys stand is a lot like hanged man from part 3
Fugo had a interesting backstory. He was born with it all then lost it all.
4/5 solid episode

Dec 15, 2022 12:33 AM

Aug 2019
This mirror world is giving me flashbacks lmao Hanged men from part 3. Missing the old gang.

Dude, Fugo had every right to beat up the disgusting professor, he had bad intentions written all over his face.
Dec 31, 2022 9:37 AM

Jan 2013
the mirror world reminds me of Stardust Crusaders. Can't believe how friend Abba wants to leave him vs Gio who just met him (and he was rude to Gio in the car, ). 

That creepy scene with the teacher reminded me of The Basketball Diaries and the scene with Leonardo Dicaprio. And damn purple haze is terrifying.

Abba just can't keep his hands off Giorno lol.  Poked his man-titty this  episode & grabbed his chin in his hand and put his face all close last episode lol.  

So far, I have liked DiU more surprisingly compared to other comments on here.  "Surprisingly" Especially based on my previous anime I mean. 

I like the reuse of similar stands from Stardust Crusaders though!

I've noticed All the stands this season seem to have a humanoid appearance. 
dextronautDec 31, 2022 10:11 AM
May 8, 2023 7:47 PM
Apr 2020
Really glad we finally learned more about Fugo, and what we saw was really interesting so this was great
May 18, 2023 1:53 PM
May 2020
So, Jimi Hendrick VS Michael Jackson... who would have won?
May 20, 2023 8:10 AM

Nov 2010
Fugo's parents are dumb. They used their wealth & power to get him out of prison and banished him. What the heck was that? They might as well just leave him in prison.
Fugo's Stand is crazy dangerous, though. Is he immune to his virus?
Jun 16, 2023 3:39 AM

Jan 2023
Again, a stand that acts from a mirror, almost like the Hanged Man. It was interesting to know Fugo's history and see his stand which is quite original.
Jun 25, 2023 1:39 PM
Aug 2022
Transgender dude's eye color is amazing.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.