Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 21, 2018 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Illuso is a badass. Even when he's not using his Stand, the guy has this sense of confidence.

A pretty thrilling episode with Fugo struggling a lot against him. Interesting to see bits of Fugo's past too. (I don't remember that part from the manga so it's neat addition) I also think Man in the Mirror as a really cool Stand.
Stark700Dec 21, 2018 9:14 AM
Dec 21, 2018 9:38 AM

Dec 2009
Awesome adaptation, I love the bits they added about Fugo's past, I remember that this fight was really awesome when I read it, few years ago, I can't wait to see it finally animated ! :D
Also Purple Haze is such a frigthening stand, can't wait to see the next episode !
Dec 21, 2018 9:40 AM

Jul 2014
I don't remember Fugo's backstory involving being molested by a teacher. Also, Purple Haze is finally here with one of the most ridiculously powerful abilities.

ALSO

TheAzulmagiaDec 21, 2018 10:08 AM
Dec 21, 2018 10:08 AM

Nov 2017
I think it may have been one of my favorite episodes. They really improved Fugo's backstory and made Purple Haze ... strangely cute ? The moment when it was upset because it got dirty reminded me of a Stand version of the legendary Yamada Tae from Zombieland Saga.. Also, Illuso was extremely cool, the voice acting in Jojo has always been awesome but it feels even better in this part.
I wonder if we have his theme in the OST album that came out ? I don't think so though :/

Dec 21, 2018 10:11 AM

May 2018
Speedo_Kingu said:
the voice acting in Jojo has always been awesome but it feels even better in this part.

Fugo's VA definitely did a very good job this ep.
Dec 21, 2018 10:13 AM

Jul 2014
Speedo_Kingu said:

I wonder if we have his theme in the OST album that came out ? I don't think so though :/

Purple Haze? It's definitely on there.
Dec 21, 2018 10:15 AM

Nov 2017
Hobgoblin2099 said:
Speedo_Kingu said:

No I was refering to Illuso's theme :(

Dec 21, 2018 10:31 AM

Jul 2012
Speedo_Kingu said:
Hobgoblin2099 said:

No I was refering to Illuso's theme :(

The Hitmen will probably get their own little album with all their themes on it. If I had to guess the one that played last episode was Formaggio's.
Dec 21, 2018 10:33 AM
Dec 2015
oof Purple Haze came thru!
Dec 21, 2018 10:41 AM

Jun 2009
really nice too see fugos stand -Purple haze- animated cant wait for next ep
Dec 21, 2018 10:44 AM
Jun 2013
I want ASMR videos by Purple Haze. He sounds like a spider from Don't Starve, I love him.
The mirror world subtle sound effects were GOAT.

Wonderful to see Abbacchio and Giorno disagreeing and almost killing each other (more like Abba wants to kill Giorno, but eh). Giorno is humble but he surely knows what he wants.

Also, Bruno said that he needed Fugo's intelligence and knowledge, and that he would find a way to properly use Fugo's rage and violence. This scene comes straight from Purple Haze Feedback, doesn't it?
Dec 21, 2018 10:58 AM

Jul 2013
Gotta love how terrifying they made purple Haze when he appeared... only to show his goofy and ridiculous side when he tried to clean himself after soaking his leg with his own drool, lmao. Didn't remember this side of Purple Haze so comedic in the manga, so it was quite a surprise. I also didn't remember the part of young Fugo being molested by that teacher. If DavidPro does indeed added the scene, well, at least justifies why Fugo destroyed him.
This flashback is going to get even more tragic later considering, well,

Liked the bikering between Abbacchio and Giorno. Even though Abbacchio hates him, it was sweet in a way how he still cared for him through the episode. Also, that line of

Well, get rekt, Kekyoin-kun. Jokes aside, Man In The Mirror is a pretty interesting Stand. If Illuso would had bring someone to compensate the low offensive abilities of his Stand, Bucciarati's gang would had been probably screwed. Illuso also looked pretty cool this episode, it may be thanks to the voice acting.
Dec 21, 2018 10:59 AM

Feb 2016
Ayyyy Man in the Mirror, I've been waiting for this arc since I read the manga. Fugo's Stand is really deadly. I loved this fight.

papsoshea said:
He beat the shit out of that teacher with a big ass book lol that mirror stand and purple smoke are crazy OP. This season's stands are just crazy!

Yeah, the stands of Vento Aureo are really crazy. I won't spoil but I'll tell you that you won't be disappointed :D
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 21, 2018 11:05 AM

Sep 2014
Man in the Mirror vs Purple Haze. It was nice to see Fugo's past and that professor was disturbing. Purple Haze was kinda funny acting like this when it represents Fugo's violent side.Now I wonder
Dec 21, 2018 11:22 AM
Aug 2018
Damn! What a chapter and what really impresses is the uncensored dead crow, now I getting really exited tinking about the future fights being uncensored
Dec 21, 2018 12:01 PM
Mar 2017
It was a good episode but I’m kind of disapointed that they didn’t follow the Fugo’s backstory from Purple Haze Feedback. I mean it seemed like they were leading into it but they switched it at the end.
Dec 21, 2018 12:06 PM

Jan 2015
No such thing as a world inside a mirror, eh?!
Dec 21, 2018 12:26 PM
Jan 2016
Member of the assassination team who appeared out of nowhere, misplaced flashback who makes completely unnecessary the infodump about Fugo, and a pedophile teacher? Well, I'm sure there will be those who only focus on the good work the studio is doing.
Dec 21, 2018 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
That sound effect when Abba touched Giorno's titty was totally necessary, thank you DP. Also Purple Haze a cute.

Twilight_Exabyte said:
It was a good episode but I’m kind of disapointed that they didn’t follow the Fugo’s backstory from Purple Haze Feedback. I mean it seemed like they were leading into it but they switched it at the end.

Well, its non canon. This probably confirms they won't adapt it.

PedroBV96 said:
Member of the assassination team who appeared out of nowhere, misplaced flashback who makes completely unnecessary the infodump about Fugo, and a pedophile teacher? Well, I'm sure there will be those who only focus on the good work the studio is doing.

That flashback was 90% DP so you can complain about them now.
Dec 21, 2018 12:55 PM

Mar 2008
PedroBV96 said:

I dont't think you have what it takes to watch Jojo or any anime at all. Most of your complains are random and shallow.

Do you really know what is infodump? Because what they did in this episode was to develop Fugo and how his fits of rage are reflected on his Stand. You seem really frustrated when they place a flashback in the middle of the fight, which sure, you can argument that it kills the tension, but it was also a good way to make the audience care for the character.

Dec 21, 2018 1:19 PM

Oct 2014
I actually hated Illuso and his design but somehow he's not that bad in the anime;;

also, Purple Haze is so cute wtf ;__;
Dec 21, 2018 1:33 PM

Nov 2016
Fugo with another fucked up past. His Stand Purple Haze seems pretty cool, but so is Man in the Mirror.

Intense episode as usual, especially the dispute within the group.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 21, 2018 1:42 PM

Sep 2017
Finally Purple Haze appeared,in my opinion one of the most interesting stand's.
He represents the violent part of Fugo and not all stand's represent the owner personality.
The remake of Berserk is a mistake.
Dec 21, 2018 1:48 PM

Jul 2014
PedroBV96 said:

I'll give your comments some merit this time: I have no idea how Illuso got that mirror frame there ahead of time considering he's following them. Unless it was always there, but the characters commented that it seems out of place.

Yeah, DP probably could have removed Illuso telling Fugo his own backstory given that his flashback occurs afterwards anyway. And him mentioning Fugo's tendency to freak out on people didn't factor into the fight at all, so the flashback could have spoken for itself.

The teacher thing is a little strange, too, since Purple Haze Feedback suggested that Fugo beat him for insulting his grandmother. But I don't think Araki ever went into detail about it in the manga, so I guess this was DP's interpretation. Not sure why they went with a rapist teacher, though. Nor do I understand why Fugo would be held accountable for being sexually preyed upon by an older man when he's a minor.
TheAzulmagiaDec 21, 2018 1:51 PM
Dec 21, 2018 2:31 PM
Jan 2016
OverkilledRed said:

I dont't think you have what it takes to watch Jojo or any anime at all. Most of your complains are random and shallow.

Do you really know what is infodump? Because what they did in this episode was to develop Fugo and how his fits of rage are reflected on his Stand. You seem really frustrated when they place a flashback in the middle of the fight, which sure, you can argument that it kills the tension, but it was also a good way to make the audience care for the character.

Are you even trying to prove me wrong man? Well:

- If the flashbacks have been mostly misplaced, how is that you find random that I'm poiting out that? Oh well, I'm just been complaining that they are put in the wrong moments, making everything feel less important than it would be.

- Why the flashback is repeating information about Fugo that was already provided by Illuso?

- Fugo is not developed, it's fleshed out. Or what, would you say that Formaggio was developed by showing a flashback about him in one episode, and dying the very next? It seems that you don't even know what development is.
Dec 21, 2018 2:35 PM
Jan 2016
ketchupfan said:

That flashback was 90% DP so you can complain about them now.

Do you realize how stupid this sounds?
Dec 21, 2018 2:41 PM

Feb 2013
The teacher deserved that beating!
I thought J.Geil had a brother when I first saw the guy coming from the mirror, I was wrong.
Dec 21, 2018 2:52 PM

Nov 2017
Ah I really liked this episode since fugo is one of my favourites, a bit disappointed about about not including fugos PHF past buuut I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Super glad to see Purple Haze or should I say Purple Smoke and I can't wait to see him in action in the next episode/s. Glad that creepy professor got what he deserved, not exactly sure since I read VA like years ago, but did it ever state the reason why fugo beat his professor with the textbook or was that only expanded in PHF?

Dec 21, 2018 3:48 PM

Feb 2016
Awesome, as always. Fugo's past is interesting too.
Yolo
Dec 21, 2018 4:01 PM
Nov 2017
UBASHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tho I prefer the stand cry from the games THE LAST ONE IN THIS EP WAS SO GOOD
I LOVE Purple Haze, and DP really made an excellent job animating this stand and Fugo's backstory!
I can't wait one more week, fuuuuuuuuuuuugggg
JJBA:GW is so far the best JoJo anime ever made. Change my mind!
Dec 21, 2018 4:01 PM

Oct 2018
All of the backstories are great, Fugo is no different. I wonder if Trish will have one too? I assume so
Dec 21, 2018 4:28 PM
Aug 2010
Too bad they didn't use the sound effect of Purple Haze breaking his virus capsules from JJASB game that sounded like glass.
DuniaDeltzuDec 21, 2018 4:32 PM
Dec 21, 2018 4:42 PM

Jun 2015
Good episode. But the directing of part 5 isn't good. Like the flashback came out of nowhere and how the assassin appeared... it was so wierd.
Dec 21, 2018 4:47 PM

Apr 2016
definitely one of my favorite fights in Part 5
Purple Haze looks just as cool here as it did in the manga
this is probably the most Part 3-esque fight in Golden Wind
Dec 21, 2018 6:25 PM

Jul 2014
Tsu-kasa said:
not exactly sure since I read VA like years ago, but did it ever state the reason why fugo beat his professor with the textbook or was that only expanded in PHF?

PHF said it was because the teacher insulted his dead grandma.
Dec 21, 2018 6:46 PM

Oct 2015
I guess it's Fugo's time to shine now, his backstory wasn't that touching but I liked that part where he got himself out of that restaurant jam. That is expected for someone who has that type of IQ. His stand purple smoke or purple haze is really bizarre and quite funny at the same time, kinda represent me when I was a kid.

Giorno is a real comrade unlike Abacchio who was willing to leave Fugo. Hopefully this fight will make him change his mind about Gio and learn to trust him more.

Great episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 21, 2018 7:03 PM

Nov 2017
Hobgoblin2099 said:
Tsu-kasa said:
not exactly sure since I read VA like years ago, but did it ever state the reason why fugo beat his professor with the textbook or was that only expanded in PHF?

PHF said it was because the teacher insulted his dead grandma.

Oh ok, so it was a PHF explanation only, thanks :)!

Dec 21, 2018 7:17 PM

Jun 2014
A little too much elaboration on stand explanation in some parts for my tastes, but I still enjoyed it a lot!

There's no such thing as a "man of culture", you are a COOMER.
Go outside.
Dec 21, 2018 7:24 PM

May 2018
So Fugo's stand uses a virus?
That is bad ass. I'm loving the stands this season.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Dec 21, 2018 7:38 PM

Jun 2009
been waiting so long for this fight to be animated. Fugo and PH were original my favorite character/stand in part 5 :D

the anime seiyuus continue to do an amazing job illuso and fugo both killed it this episode.
Dec 21, 2018 8:08 PM

Jul 2012
PedroBV96 said:

I don't think the flashback was misplaced. The problem is the flashback itself; none of Fugo's backstory gives us an idea as to what drives him to fight or why he makes the decisions he does. Nothing beyond the fact that he has anger issues. Abbacchio's and Narancia's, however, fit in exactly with their current motivations.

Abbacchio doesn't trust Giorno initially because he has the same attitude Abbacchio himself had when he was a newbie cop. And that same attitude led to a loss of innocent life. So we know exactly why Abbacchio is so hostile against Giorno beyond "he's just an angry person". He is under the impression Giorno is making the same mistakes he has.

Before the fight happens, we would not ask why Abbacchio is so hostile because the conflict hasn't arrived yet. We don't ask after the fight because we have moved onto new conflict. Flashbacks are created to tell us what drives characters to act the way they do, if they aren't doing anything relevant in the present the flashbacks feel unwelcomed and random.
Dec 21, 2018 10:05 PM

Jan 2013
i vote Illuso for cutest hair for a bad guy
Dec 22, 2018 12:38 AM

Apr 2009
They changed things slightly from PHF, but I am glad we got Fugo's backstory nevertheless. I still hope we will eventually get a PHF OVA...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Dec 22, 2018 12:42 AM

Apr 2016
Purple Haze look so badass and cute at the same time and Abbachio still doesn't accept Giorno . I'm excited for next episode .
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Dec 22, 2018 2:04 AM

Jun 2017
The assasin that was following them somehow was able to place a mirror before they came... Thats araki for ya I guess?

Dec 22, 2018 2:09 AM
Oct 2017
My favorite villain stand in the series appears.
Man in the mirror
Dec 22, 2018 2:53 AM
Jan 2016
SixPistols said:

I don't think the flashback was misplaced. The problem is the flashback itself; none of Fugo's backstory gives us an idea as to what drives him to fight or why he makes the decisions he does. Nothing beyond the fact that he has anger issues. Abbacchio's and Narancia's, however, fit in exactly with their current motivations.

If you notice, they begin with the fight, then throw the flashback and return to the fight. So yes, it's misplaced. The flashback could be shown after the fight was over, and be a little more elaborate to do right what you say it doesn't.
Dec 22, 2018 3:31 AM

Jun 2014
Fugo's Stand is pretty cool, and as expected, his backstory was messed up as well.

Man in the Mirror looks like a pretty interesting Stand, so I'm excited to see how this fight will play out.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 22, 2018 8:28 AM

Jan 2017
I have been waiting for this episode and I wasn't disappointed! I think DP is doing a fantastic job. Can't wait for the next episode!
Dec 22, 2018 3:19 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode, i just want to know the reason why that mirror was there
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.