Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 25, 2018 8:29 AM
Nov 2018
smoledman said:
Considering the anime is almost caught up to manga, I don't think we'll ever see a season 2.

Nope. It’s no way close to catching up to the manga. Ep. 12 is just the chapter 22, now manga has 36 chapters + special chapter. And the manga might still have 10 or more chapters and probably ends until next year fall.
Dec 27, 2018 10:23 AM

Nov 2016
The writing in this show is simply on point.

Very pleasing episode, especially the bedroom scene. I really hope that Yuu can save Nanami from her self hate and that we get a satisfying conclusion, but I'm also ready to go for the manga in case that the latter won't happen.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 28, 2018 5:55 PM

Dec 2016
Man this final episode is going to be interesting that's for sure
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 29, 2018 3:46 AM

Jun 2014
I loved all these subtle Yuu - Touko scenes, I was literally crying at the end (only a bit, only a bit)

Also I like how passionate Yuu's friend is about writing
Dec 30, 2018 10:03 PM

Oct 2008
oh! so this episode is about Yuu wanting to help Touko change huh...
and a lost more kisses! LEWD!
4/5.

Dec 31, 2018 5:53 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode! Read the manga. They only adapted one chapter (Chapter 22) which finishes Volume 4!

It's pretty much the same thing as well, but the Anime added some new scenes which helped improve the chapter.

Mainly, they added the practice session which is nowhere to be found in the manga. I guess they wanted to save it for the actual play, but in the Anime it makes sense since we want to see how they will do well once the event starts.

The biggest difference is the bed scene. In the manga, Touko asked Yuu not to fall in love wit her in which Yuu actually responded. In the Anime, she actually was silent and made it seem she was hesitant in answering her. It's subtle difference, but really makes a difference.

They also didn't made a scene where Touko was going outside to ask Koyomi to change the ending of the play. She only asked her in phone then the chapter ends

Here's an afterword panel and some extra scene with Yuu and Touko from author Nakatani Nio :)

So funny! Didn't know Nakatani-san didn't had any assistance in the early chapters.

End chapter and PV on the next volume!

SomaHeirDec 31, 2018 5:57 PM
Jan 2, 2019 3:58 AM

Jul 2009
Yuu is in love already, it's clear now...
Jan 2, 2019 7:50 PM

Jul 2016
It was another great episode.

I like how the play resembles Touko's situation in a great way without feeling too forced. The comparisons between the script and the episode scenes regarding Touko's dilemma about what to do since her sister wasn't the same person she thought she was were very well handled.

Also, the moment both Yuu and Touko shared in the former's bedroom was really sweet. Not to mention that it also felt very intimate with the heart to heart talk. Sadly, it ended up being rather bittersweet due to Touko's final words.

And finally, I must say I really like the idea Yuu put on the table, it was actually a really good one, being honest. She truly has a point, there's no meaning in making a decision based on the past since the audience will never know how the protagonist was before the accident. So her idea of changing the end of the play would make it even better. And since she's doing this for Touko because she cares a lot for her, I just hope this play's new end can help Touko herself to understand that she doesn't need to be like her sister and that she can act like she truly is without feeling that hate.

That said, I'm really looking forward to the last episode.
Jan 3, 2019 8:53 AM

May 2017
I think this was a really great ending. It's interesting that it didn't end with them doing the play, as that could have been just as good, with Nanami realizing that she can be herself. So this episode was a real surprise.
It also ends in a way that makes the watchers want to read the manga, which is always a good thing. So I don't necessarily think we need a second season, because it really ends in a way that we don't need one, but because the play is presumably in the manga, people who are still interested can head that way.
But again, like others said, there is still the option for a second season either way. So yeah, I'm amazed at the wrap up of this.
Also loving the representation of asexuals and aromantics in this series<3 you don't see that often enough
Jan 6, 2019 8:30 AM

Feb 2014
iSupercell said:
smoledman said:
Considering the anime is almost caught up to manga, I don't think we'll ever see a season 2.

Oh, actually the author mentioned that the manga is going into its final "arc". It's getting closer to the end. The upcoming chapter 37 will be the start of the new "arc". So as long as the anime is well received, I wouldn't be surprised that they make a second season. Nakatani-sensei mentioned on twitter how a second season can nicely wrap up the full story! At the rate they are going without rushing anything, I feel like they are all just sitting on that hope for another season as well. lol

Let's just hope the authors managed to finish the whole story and makes it into adaptation for season 2. I would be overjoyed by then
Jan 20, 2019 1:00 AM

Jul 2016
Yuu is finally growing a pair, or whatever the equivalent should be for a girl.
Jan 20, 2019 4:09 AM

Oct 2015
One of my favorite "things" in stories is sex scenes that focus entirely on the emotional buildup beforehand and cut away as soon as the actual stuff starts happening. It's a bit cheeky but oftentimes works better at being provocative than actually showing the deed. This episode did exactly that and cut away not a moment too soon. I approve.
Jan 20, 2019 6:58 AM
Sep 2018
Thedude3445 said:
One of my favorite "things" in stories is sex scenes that focus entirely on the emotional buildup beforehand and cut away as soon as the actual stuff starts happening. It's a bit cheeky but oftentimes works better at being provocative than actually showing the deed. This episode did exactly that and cut away not a moment too soon. I approve.
nothing actually happened there. I'm not sure what made you think that.
Jan 20, 2019 3:19 PM

Oct 2015
DumpsterKing said:
Thedude3445 said:

The camera angles were very suggestive of this, and it follows the "show don't tell" philosophy of the show just the same as everything else. One person on top of another, they are already making out, that great shot of Yuu averting her gaze when Touko says she hates herself, then it cuts to the star projector toy and focuses on that for a long still shot.

I checked the manga and it cuts away after Yuu averting her gaze, but even then they're alone in a bedroom together with Touko literally already on top of her. That is very much what was being said there.
Jan 20, 2019 11:58 PM
Sep 2018
Thedude3445 said:
DumpsterKing said:

The camera angles were very suggestive of this, and it follows the "show don't tell" philosophy of the show just the same as everything else. One person on top of another, they are already making out, that great shot of Yuu averting her gaze when Touko says she hates herself, then it cuts to the star projector toy and focuses on that for a long still shot.

I checked the manga and it cuts away after Yuu averting her gaze, but even then they're alone in a bedroom together with Touko literally already on top of her. That is very much what was being said there.
I think that was to highlight the intimacy of the scene but, their relationship up to that point isn't that close to go that far. Also, there would be a bit more significance placed on this if they did go that far. Yuu has only recently accepted she has feelings for Touka at all, there's very little chance that shed go for sex so soon after that. They're very different levels of intimacy that Yuu wouldn't be comfortable with.
Jan 21, 2019 3:52 AM

Oct 2015
DumpsterKing said:
I think that was to highlight the intimacy of the scene but, their relationship up to that point isn't that close to go that far. Also, there would be a bit more significance placed on this if they did go that far. Yuu has only recently accepted she has feelings for Touka at all, there's very little chance that shed go for sex so soon after that. They're very different levels of intimacy that Yuu wouldn't be comfortable with.

Ehhh IDK, two teenagers alone in a bedroom usually ends up pretty much like this, in real life anyway. Considering Yuu's very low level of sexual attraction in general it seems like she'd be really averse to doing much being making out, but a few episodes earlier, when they first did that Sports Day makeout session, she had to hold herself back not to go further they were already doing.

I think that not placing much narrative significance on the actual sex is a deliberate choice in that it's not something that particularly concerns Yuu and her character arc; her growing romantic feelings towards Touko are not cemented by this moment like they would be in some lesser romance story; instead, it's those little moments like walking side-by-side with Touko going home from school; watching Touko running in the relay race; watching her staring off into space during the drama camp; that sort of stuff. The romance is all about compounding the little stuff, and sex is really just peripheral to it.

That's my take.

I haven't seen much other discussion on the scene but maybe a good-natured debate on the subject would be fun. Add in your opinions people!
Jan 21, 2019 4:09 AM
Sep 2018
Thedude3445 said:
DumpsterKing said:
I think that was to highlight the intimacy of the scene but, their relationship up to that point isn't that close to going that far. Also, there would be a bit more significance placed on this if they did go that far. Yuu has only recently accepted she has feelings for Touka at all, there's very little chance that shed go for sex so soon after that. They're very different levels of intimacy that Yuu wouldn't be comfortable with.

Ehhh IDK, two teenagers alone in a bedroom usually end up pretty much like this, in real life anyway. Considering Yuu's very low level of sexual attraction, in general, it seems like she'd be really averse to doing much is made out, but a few episodes earlier, when they first did that Sports Day makeout session, she had to hold herself back not to go further they were already doing.

I think that not placing much narrative significance on the actual sex is a deliberate choice in that it's not something that particularly concerns Yuu and her character arc; her growing romantic feelings towards Touko are not cemented by this moment as they would be in some lesser romance story; instead, it's those little moments like walking side-by-side with Touko going home from school; watching Touko running in the relay race; watching her staring off into space during the drama camp; that sort of stuff. The romance is all about compounding the little stuff, and sex is really just peripheral to it.

That's my take.

I haven't seen much another discussion on the scene but maybe a good-natured debate on the subject would be fun. Add in your opinions people!
I get where you're coming from but, I doubt that they'd have sex and it never comes up later in the story. I'm currently caught up to the manga and there has been nothing to indicate that they went further than was already shown. To put this in perspective we're told that Yuu's sister was having sex with her boyfriend before they were an actual couple in a thought bubble but, there wasn't a single line that implied that Yuu and Touko did anything. If you enjoy discussing it though, you should use Dynasty Scans - there's a lot of in-depth discussion on the manga if you ever get around to reading it.
Jan 21, 2019 10:51 PM

Oct 2015
DumpsterKing said:
Thedude3445 said:

Ehhh IDK, two teenagers alone in a bedroom usually end up pretty much like this, in real life anyway. Considering Yuu's very low level of sexual attraction, in general, it seems like she'd be really averse to doing much is made out, but a few episodes earlier, when they first did that Sports Day makeout session, she had to hold herself back not to go further they were already doing.

I think that not placing much narrative significance on the actual sex is a deliberate choice in that it's not something that particularly concerns Yuu and her character arc; her growing romantic feelings towards Touko are not cemented by this moment as they would be in some lesser romance story; instead, it's those little moments like walking side-by-side with Touko going home from school; watching Touko running in the relay race; watching her staring off into space during the drama camp; that sort of stuff. The romance is all about compounding the little stuff, and sex is really just peripheral to it.

That's my take.

I haven't seen much another discussion on the scene but maybe a good-natured debate on the subject would be fun. Add in your opinions people!
I get where you're coming from but, I doubt that they'd have sex and it never comes up later in the story. I'm currently caught up to the manga and there has been nothing to indicate that they went further than was already shown. To put this in perspective we're told that Yuu's sister was having sex with her boyfriend before they were an actual couple in a thought bubble but, there wasn't a single line that implied that Yuu and Touko did anything. If you enjoy discussing it though, you should use Dynasty Scans - there's a lot of in-depth discussion on the manga if you ever get around to reading it.

Ahh... the manga could indeed spoil this thought and I haven't read it beyond skimming Chapter 22 to see how it handled this scene here lol. Now, anime adaptations can always change certain scenes in important ways, but I imagine this one is probably nearly a 1:1 adaptation. I would discuss on Dynasty Scans but... that would require actually reading the manga, huh lol
Jan 29, 2019 4:15 PM

Sep 2011
For a second there I wouldn't have been surprised if they actually went for it, but this was intimate enough in its own way.
I could guess that this will be the new ending that Yuu would change the script to, but I'm eager to see how it will turn out (unless they go for a dramatic ending instead).
I loved the scene where Yuu saw Touko off at the station and the part where she said "don't hate the things I like" or something along this, the "like" was actually muffled by the "baka", showing that Yuu already knows likes Touko, but can't admit it just yet.
Feb 21, 2019 9:57 PM

Dec 2016
This was probably my favorite episode yet. Yuu and Touko are so sweet together oml. I think my favorite moment of all time is when Touko tells Yuu while laying with her “Dont fall in love with me” and Yuu dejectedly looks to the side and says “I know.” At this point she doesnt even say she isnt because she knows she is and is ready to accept it. This anime is so so beautiful definitely one of my all time favorites if not #1. Beautifully adapted
Feb 28, 2019 5:57 PM

Jun 2015
changing someone and helping them how to love their own self is no easy feat, i hope the show doesn't make it where touko all of a sudden loves herself now. took me years to do it, it'd be best for the ending where touko realizes it and begins.
Mar 17, 2019 9:55 PM

May 2012
Damn this sure was quite the impressive episode, really liked the development of all the characters here, and her performance in the first half was pretty much herself most likely. Really interesting ending as well so I really do wonder what the last episode will offer us as an ending!
Jun 3, 2019 12:20 PM

Sep 2012
when yuu asked Touko to come her plsce and Touko said if i come i mith not be able to hold back and yuu saud i don't mind my head explided and steam came out of my ears cause i was expecting a lot more from this ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Touko looks a lot like prez in amasagi ss, almost like done by same artist
Jul 31, 2019 10:56 AM

Jul 2016
Koito wants to help Nanami love herself... yeah, she definitely has fallen for her.

Also this ending is much better, I can't wait to see how they act out the play in the final episode.
Nov 9, 2019 8:00 AM

Feb 2019
This was beautiful.

Touko wasn't acting anymore, she was venting is the best word I can think of right now. Kano is so perceptive and creative that her writing really reflects Touko's current state of affairs, but instead of forgetting who her true self is, she doesn't know who she is and therefore who she should become. Her performance was the best out of all of them but it was also really sad to see because she wasn't reading those lines anymore, those words came from her heart.

Yuu is definitely in love with Touko and jealous of her close relationship with Sayaka. Sayaka seems to be basking in it. As things stand, and also as the ending of the play stands, it turns out well for Sayaka but not necessarily the best path for Touko.

Those moments Yuu and Touko shared so intimately in Yuu's room were beautiful. It's been a while since I've seen Touko just melt into Yuu. That whisper into Yuu's ear... but it's so painful and saddening to hear those words coming from Touko's mouth about how she hates herself and doesn't want Yuu falling in love with something she hates.

Then Yuu asks Kano to change the ending. Yuu's reason... she's fallen in love by now and she wants to change Touko and she's going to use this play to do it. Yuu's explanation about why the ending doesn't fit was so good that I was literally impressed by Yuu (and in extension by the writing of this series). It felt out of place that the protagonist was basically given three routes that seemed almost entirely equal in terms of position. The explanation that the protagonist CHOSE to be with her lover but didn't with her family although differentiates certainly didn't feel like the ending it should have.

The parallel between the play and the story is just so perfect. Touko should stop looking to the past and her sister to make the decisions of her life, she should just be her and make the decisions based on who she is now. Goodness knows she's not worthless, she's worth it all.

Love this series, can't wait to see the final episode, but also sad that it's going to be the last episode.
Dec 29, 2019 6:45 AM

Dec 2013
I seriously love this episode! I like how the ending turn out well and I'm hoping it will give a positive results to Touko. The Train stop scene is really beautiful and the scenes on Yuu's room were pretty intense. Geez

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Jun 13, 2020 9:43 AM
Jan 2018
Don't see how people can compare this to scums wish it's no where's close to it
Jun 14, 2021 12:50 PM

Jan 2021
*sigh* I just want them to get together already T_T
Aug 19, 2021 8:31 AM

Feb 2020
That bedroom scene was quite intimate.
Nov 30, 2022 4:49 PM

Oct 2022
Touko in bed telling Yuu what worries her...now that's what i call a truly both romantic and intimate moment. I really hope Touko becomes the person she wants to be and stops hating herself. The love story that has been told has been absolutely beautiful. I'm going to miss it.
Jan 31, 2023 4:20 PM

Jun 2014
Yuu is running out of time to save Touko from herself, but she did the right thing by suggesting that the play's ending be changed.

One more episode left. Hopefully, Yuu can help Touko.

Mar 9, 2023 10:28 AM
otp haver ๐Ÿคช

Jul 2017
I almost cried a little on the bed scene of Touko revling that the reason she doesn't want Yuu to fall in love with her is because she hates herself.

Learning to love yourself is probably one of the hardest things to do as a teenager and it's one of the few animes I feel I've seen that get that. And Yuu going out of her way to make sure she can help Touko realize that got me misty eyed.

DarkInsomnia57 said:

Why does this chick have to hate herself? It's basically the story of how Touko couldn't deal with her sister's death in a healthy way and the Yuri component is a side-extra.

At first I was interested in a romance, now I realize this lady has real problems that are really personal and run deep.

A lot of teenagers hate themselves. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I definetly went through that myself. For things that were out of my control to boot. I didn't have a dead sister but the social pressures of America and Japan are whole heartedly different.
StripesMar 9, 2023 10:31 AM
May 16, 2023 4:33 PM
Sep 2019
Damn, episode 13 is the last ep, how are they gonna fit the whole play into this one? It'd be a shame if they ended it before the play...

Also, why are the animators so good at making Touko so scary? I didn't find her that scary in the manga, but her stares and threats are lowkey frightening here. x-x
And they're doing a good job in making me ship Yuu & Touko even less than in the manga. Don't ship her with Sayaka either, but idk, the more often Touko repeats "don't fall in love with me", the more I want Yuu to break up with her. Which she ofc won't do, since she has too much of a good heart...

Love Koyomi sm tho! Absolutely fav character.
Jun 21, 2023 8:07 PM

Jan 2021
“I can fix her” is what I heard. Wooooo yeah baby that’s what I’ve been waiting for that’s what it’s all about woooo
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2018

199 by Worsethansoap »»
Mar 24, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

246 by rieeya »»
Feb 28, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2018

89 by CeliaOffcial »»
Jan 22, 3:05 AM

» anime or manga

kotosugu - Oct 12, 2023

17 by Atsunome »»
Jan 10, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

111 by Kimsowon2000 »»
Jan 1, 10:39 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.