Forum Settings
Forums

I have yet to see anime girl as awesome as Xena, or anime character in general as cosmic, stratified, and vast as any person I have ever met, or seen in my life, for that matter...

New
Dec 20, 2018 6:05 PM
May 2018
Xena

Rem

I intentionally choose Rem, not because I care about her, or even know anything beside her cliche description; I will never even give Re:Zero-etc... chance, because I know it will be trash for me; rather, something just tells me she will eventually be among top 3 - 4 characters with most favorites on MAL / definitely #1 most favorited female character on this site.

Most likely she's the kind of character that many like for her "depth"...

Which leads me to my main point - there are countless anime characters that I like, many of them whom I consider well developed, like for instance Yoko Nakajima from Juni Kokuki, the best isekai main character of all times, who feel incredibly human, and authentic, so to speak.

That being said, considering anime started decades ago, I find it interesting myself how those who make anime, still haven't created even one character who managed to even nearly replicate the whole spectrum of any human being I have ever interacted with, or even real life characters played by actors.

Just looking at this Rem girl, and reading her short description, I can already know what is she all about, and why is she so popular.

Or to make it even more extreme, I could use the cast from LOGH; series which, no matter what anyone said, had incredibly well written characters.

Even though there is so much to them, be it personality, or interactions with other characters, or good background, I could all of that take, and put it against just few minutes where some real human is doing something, anything, and there would be much more to real humans, even if they were just acting.

Like, you just can't properly write humanity; when I see Xena on this picture, I can see good looking female warrior with a big smile, but the way she's looking, her pose, skin, she seems so vast, there are invisible signs that she truly felt love and hate, mystery, life, envy, pride, happiness, and sadness.

It's kinda similar when you see on the street some person you have never met before, and even if you don't say anything to them, they simply don't seem like just real life NPCs...

But then again, maybe that's just me, maybe some of you believe that there are some characters just as real and convincing in their behaviour as real people, just as absolute, or even more than that.

Enjoy in thread.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 20, 2018 6:07 PM

Jan 2018
Yo. Stop. Just stop. You know Xena isn't from anime. You know this is the anime discussion forum.

Just stop.
Dec 20, 2018 6:10 PM
May 2018
Tsunshine-Chris said:
Yo. Stop. Just stop. You know Xena isn't from anime. You know this is the anime discussion forum.

Just stop.
But that is exactly what thread is about, comparing authenticity of behaviour and personality of anime characters, with those of real people.
Dec 20, 2018 6:11 PM

Jul 2007
Another day another shit post, I see.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Dec 20, 2018 6:14 PM

Jan 2018
Psajdak said:
Tsunshine-Chris said:

Just stop.
But that is exactly what thread is about, comparing authenticity of behaviour and personality of anime characters, with those of real people.

Shut up and stop with the bullshit innocence. This isn't the first time you've done this.
Dec 20, 2018 6:14 PM
we back

Aug 2015
Why do you feel compelled to make every one of your thread titles an essay in length?
Dec 20, 2018 6:18 PM
May 2018
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
Why do you feel compelled to make every one of your thread titles an essay in length?
I don't feel compelled, it's just the way I write.

If someone doesn't like it, there is always Ignore option, or you can just avoid threads that I start.
Dec 20, 2018 6:20 PM

Oct 2014
I haven't seen anything involving Xena, but i find it hard to believe you can compare something that has 100 hours of context in her own show and other stuff shes in to short anime series. Not to mention what you qualify as convincing human behavior, there is only so much you can do with animation nuance so a lot of things are inferred. Especially since your comparison is something you haven't even seen.

But as far as how characters are written with their personality and how logically consistent they are with themselves, i see no difference between any story telling medium. Be it live action, animation, or books.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Dec 20, 2018 6:32 PM
May 2018
@Lunilah With anime characters, at least those that I saw, no matter how complicated they were, there is always sort of pattern they follow.
And if they do something out of ordinary, they will be judged as not being consistent, or out of character.

With real people, things are in most cases unpredictable, like nothing should come as a surprise, and even weirdest actions can be excused as just something totally human.
Dec 20, 2018 6:34 PM

Oct 2014
Psajdak said:
@Lunilah With anime characters, at least those that I saw, no matter how complicated they were, there is always sort of pattern they follow.
And if they do something out of ordinary, they will be judged as not being consistent, or out of character.

With real people, things are in most cases unpredictable, like nothing should come as a surprise, and even weirdest actions can be excused as just something totally human.
There are no real people, it's all fiction written from ideas in some persons head. Every medium comes from the same place.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Dec 21, 2018 5:20 AM

Jun 2017
This forum gave me cringe yet your stupidity amazes me
Dec 21, 2018 7:55 AM

May 2018
Lina Inverse >>>>> Xena

Some random alright anime female characters - Motoko Kusanagi from GITS, Shinobu Nagumo from Patlabor, Atsuko Chiba from Paprika, Revy from Black Lagoon, Vermouth from Detective Conan (actually many characters there - Ai Haibara, Eri Kisaki, Yukiko Kudou, Miwako Satou ect.)...I can write for hours.
Dec 21, 2018 9:21 AM

Oct 2017
You're making some unnecessary assumptions using Rem as an example, why not pick a character from an anime you've seen and therefore know will be a good comparison? Sure, her description probably told you the main reasons why a lot of people like her but so would a description of Xena (people also like her for her 'depth'). Rem's character is actually a good example of an anime character that does feel close to human.
I agree that a lot of anime characters don't feel like complete humans - just parts of them, but not all of them are. Plenty of anime characters are designed specifically to not be human, or exaggerate certain human characteristics, if you focus on them of course it's going to feel like anime characters aren't real (obviously they aren't actually real, I mean in the same way as characters in live action shows aren't real).

Psajdak said:
Like, you just can't properly write humanity

This doesn't really fit, by this logic Xena and other live action characters wouldn't feel human too - I mean, a lot don't feel human but some definitely do, Xena being one of them. The writing has nothing to do with whether the visual representation of the characters feel human or not. Claiming that you can't write humanity also claims that books can't produce 'human' characters, which seems dubious, unless you meant writing can't produce human characters in a visually artificial medium.
So the fundamental difference between live action and anime is purely a visual one (there are usually other differences in style and direction because of how well certain things work in the different mediums but they don't have to be different so they can be ignored). What are the differences that might make an anime character feel less human then? They look humanoid but not real, their faces (and the rest of the body) are simplified, they're often portrayed out of proportion. Out of proportion doesn't have to be a thing and is a stylistic choice, so irrelevant here. They're never going to look exactly like real humans and it would be fairly pointless if they did, the simplification can be fixed with the right style and/or budget to an extent but replicating the smallest human movements and gestures isn't realistic to expect from anime currently.
Now the question is whether not looking human is an insurmountable barrier to a character feeling human. No, I don't think it is. When you speak to someone on the phone it feels real, when you read a good novel the characters (or at least the MC) feel real. These aren't anime but they highlight that visuals aren't necessary for someone to feel human, there isn't any viable reason I could think of that would make anime different.

TL;DR - Of course anime characters can feel human. Bit of an essay explaining things but I wanted to make my thought process fairly clear.
Dec 21, 2018 9:24 AM

Apr 2018
It is pretty hard for me to enjoy a crappy thread op .sorry.
Dec 21, 2018 9:25 AM

Jan 2017
Are you... are you bashing a character you don't know from a show you haven't seen, and admitting that straight-up?

This is next-level shitposting here. I'm honestly impressed.
Dec 21, 2018 10:08 AM
May 2018
Platypus7 said:
You're making some unnecessary assumptions using Rem as an example...
I've seen enough anime to know know what characters like that maid Rem will be; sure, it's not impossible that something unexpected happens with her (I'll never know), but I'm convinced no matter what happens, at the end of day she will be character orbiting around MC.

Still that wasn't the main reason I choose her, it was her popularity; like I mentioned she will most likely end up becoming most popular female anime character on MAL, it's just a matter of time, and the way I see it, that shows that to the most users on MAL, site which has a lot of registered people, there is simply something about her that makes her better than other female characters.
Of course, that should also mean that her personality and behaviour is very human, and that viewers can empathy with her.

Btw, yeah, I don't like characters like her, but I'm not trying to bashing her here.
She seems boring and predictable, but also to be good and loyal girl, so that's something, I guess.

I could have even choosen Kurisu, who is currently higher rated, but at the moment, I believe Rem is slowly, but surely becoming more popular, while Kurisu ( seems like she will stay around those 33000 favorites, which is still amazing)...

Situation with Rem kinda reminds me of the first few years of this decade, when Aya Hirano, and Rie Kugimiya still ruled the MAL top list of most popular people, but suddenly Kana Hanazawa started to catch up with them, and eventually surpassing them - which was even more interesting, considering Kanazawa was seiyu since early 2000s.

As for Xena, I mentioned he, because she's probably my favorite badass female from TV series, or movies, tied with Sarah from Terminator, and Ellen from Alien.

So it's kind of a try to compare what most of anime fans consider to be well done anime female, with what I consider to be well done fictional female character, but one who is played by a real person.

And to me, no matter how well done character in anime was, they still left something to be desired, so yeah, like it was mentioned, maybe you really only do so much with limited animation.

IMO, the anime characters that seem the closest to normal people in behaviour are probably those from CGI movies, or movies where unexperienced voice actors are borrowing their voices, usually JDrama actors...
Even though they don't sound as good as professional seiyu, there is something very natural, and convincing in the way they portray their roles.

Dec 21, 2018 10:19 AM

Aug 2013
Wait. You start a thread about how anime has a problem of shallow characterization, and the first character you think of to use as your standard for good character outside the medium is...Xena?

Holy shit. Either I didn't get the irony, or that's just a terrible bait.
Dec 21, 2018 10:23 AM
Nov 2018
And here I was wondering how come there was no shitpost today.
Dec 21, 2018 10:24 AM

Oct 2010
OP you have great taste if you like Xena,
she is top class as a woman and as a warrior.
You know, you can always watch anime with cool girls like Xena,
you just have to browse a lot on MAL.
Dec 21, 2018 10:26 AM
May 2018
Satyr_icon said:
... or that's just a terrible bait.
You, or anyone else for that matter can think whatever you want; I won't even try to explain myself that that is simply the way I write, and instead of giving comments you are welcome to ignore my threads.

I already mentioned that...

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1757236

From now on, every comment that is there just to judge my threads, instead of posting what theme is about, if I see such comments, I'll just report them.
Dec 21, 2018 10:34 AM

May 2009
Psajdak said:
Like, you just can't properly write humanity; when I see Xena on this picture, I can see good looking female warrior with a big smile, but the way she's looking, her pose, skin, she seems so vast, there are invisible signs that she truly felt love and hate, mystery, life, envy, pride, happiness, and sadness.
Okay, frankly speaking, you picked someone who isn't even a main character of an anime series, to compare with the main character of a live-action TV series.

Instead, try any of the following characters for example:
* Renton Thurston, Eureka Seven
* Ange, Cross Ange
* Éclair, Kiddy Grade

Psajdak said:
Psajdak said:

...but Xena isn't a real person.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 21, 2018 10:34 AM

Nov 2015
SinisterTwister said:
This forum gave me cringe yet your stupidity amazes me
^^^
"I'm having a hard time perceiving fictional characters as human" lol dude they're not real humans.
Dec 21, 2018 10:35 AM

Aug 2013
Psajdak said:
From now on, every comment that is there just to judge my threads, instead of posting what theme is about, if I see such comments, I'll just report them.

lmao if you start reporting every comment that points out your lack of sense you'll end up just getting banned. The first thing you do is criticise a character from a show you didn't even watch, and present no argument to back up your points rather than vague allusions. The hell were you expecting?

If your goal is to be taken seriously you're really doing a terrible job at it.
Dec 21, 2018 10:38 AM

Aug 2018
Being a popular character doesn't equal being a well-written character. Don't be ridiculous.

Same logic applies to both anime and live-action tv. The Vampire Diaries, for example, is an extremely popular shows in the US with terrible writing.
Dec 21, 2018 10:42 AM

May 2009
Satyr_icon said:
Psajdak said:

lmao if you start reporting every comment that points out your lack of sense you'll end up just getting banned. The first thing you do is criticise a character from a show you didn't even watch, and present no argument to back up your points rather than vague allusions. The hell were you expecting?

If your goal is to be taken seriously you're really doing a terrible job at it.
Some people think having a place to express their opinions to others means that they shouldn't have to face others' responses when those responses are negative.
Dec 21, 2018 10:51 AM
May 2018
GlennMagusHarvey said:
I didn't express well myself there; I meant anime characters compared with characters played by real people, or just normal people in general.

Thanks for telling that Xena isn't real, but I am aware of that.

Like, in case of her, putting aside she's one of my favorite characters, even if she isn't real herself, being played by a real person, instead of being an animated character still, IMO, brought her closer to normal people, than in case of this thread Rem, or any other anime character.

@Satyr_icon My goal is simply for this thread not to get deleted at the moment.
I don't wanna report anyone, but I don't know any other way how I can protect myself from you, or others who come here just to give your comments at the way I am writing my threads, it's not just about this one thread here.

I just wish you guys who are bothered by my topics to spare both you, and me trouble, and simply to ignore every thread where it says that Psajdak is OP, no matter what theme is about.

At least that's what I myself am doing when I see thread that I don't like, I simply stay away from it.
Dec 21, 2018 10:51 AM

Apr 2010
I wonder if the poster realises that live-action characters have an overwhelming advantage of looking, behaving and feeling more real than a drawn cartoon character ever could, and has factored this into account properly. I could be wrong but I don't get the feeling that he has.

Also Xena's a protagonist that's had like over 100 episodes and he's comparing her depth to a side character in about 20 episodes.
Dec 21, 2018 10:55 AM
May 2018
Haak said:

Also Xena's a protagonist that's had like over 100 episodes and he's comparing her depth to a side character in about 20 episodes.
Noriko Takaya from Gunbuster only had 6 episodes, and I still find her better developed character, than Hinata Hyuga from Naruto who had hundreds of episodes at her disposal, if that means anything.
AjvisorDec 21, 2018 11:32 AM
Dec 21, 2018 10:57 AM

Jul 2014
I suggest watching Ghost in the Shell or Black Lagoon. I've never really watched Xena, but they have two of the coolest, most badass female characters of any anime.

Also, I think it'd be a good idea for you to explain how Xena is a developed and well-fleshed out character.
SithSteelDec 21, 2018 11:16 AM
Dec 21, 2018 11:06 AM

May 2009
Psajdak said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:
I didn't express well myself there; I meant anime characters compared with characters played by real people, or just normal people in general.

Thanks for telling that Xena isn't real, but I am aware of that.

Like, in case of her, putting aside she's one of my favorite characters, even if she isn't real herself, being played by a real person, instead of being an animated character still, IMO, brought her closer to normal people, than in case of this thread Rem, or any other anime character.

First, your use of Rem as an example is...poorly-advised, because you say you don't like the character and you haven't even seen the show. A more proper comparison would involve a character you really like, from a show you've watched.

Second, Rem isn't a main character, while Xena is not only the main character of her show, she's the title character.

Third, Xena's show has 134 episodes. Rem's show has 25 episodes.

Overall, it seems that your point is simply that characters played by real-life actors feel more real to you than animated characters. This is a perfectly fair opinion to have, just not necessarily one that's popular here.
Dec 21, 2018 11:12 AM

Jul 2017
I don't know if what I'm saying is what you want to talk about, but doing something like that is next to if not impossible.
Xena, seems to be the main character of a western series(so 50 min per episodes) with 134 episodes, which is a FUCKLOAD of content.
undeniably, even though I haven't seen it, she has time, lots of time to be developed. which is a good thing yes.

but what I mean is that humans are so incredibly complex, have so much depth, I realised that they have opinions if not thoughts about everything and anything. just look at yourself.
to do something like that in a story, that is write a character that's got as much depth as a human being, without even mentioning the fact that humans are not perfect and might and will make mistakes in the writing, seems impossible to me.
Dec 21, 2018 11:15 AM

Aug 2013
Psajdak said:

I don't wanna report anyone, but I don't know any other way how I can protect myself from you, or others who come here just to give your comments at the way I am writing my threads, it's not just about this one thread here.

It's not the way you write. Your whole reasoning is flawed. You can't expect to bash a character you admit to not even know anything about and expect people here to be silent about it. You can't expect to be so vague while making extraordinary claims and don't be criticised. You're acting exactly as Glenn said.

If you want people to stop calling you out on your bs, then stop doing things half-assed. If you already noticed your writing is a big problem, then improve the parts that are lacking. Learn to read the mood, because you sound just like any other shitposter out there.

Otherwise you'll just keep receiving the same treatment. And this was a piece of advice. Follow it if you want.
Dec 21, 2018 11:17 AM

Apr 2010
Psajdak said:
Haak said:

Noriko Hidaka from Gunbuster only had 6 episodes, and I still find her better developed character, than Hinata Hyuga from Naruto who had hundreds of episodes at her disposal, if that means anything.

No, it doesn't mean anything.

It's extremely disingenuous to say Hinata Hyuuga had hundreds of episodes "at her disposal" when the fact of the matter is that she was minor character throughout the story (regardless of what you wish she were). If one could condense her screentime to an episode length then it would probably be around six.

And I presume you meant Noriko Takaya.
HaakDec 21, 2018 11:21 AM
Dec 21, 2018 11:19 AM

Nov 2016
Psajdak said:
Xena

Rem

I intentionally choose Rem, not because I care about her, or even know anything beside her cliche description; I will never even give Re:Zero-etc... chance, because I know it will be trash for me; rather, something just tells me she will eventually be among top 3 - 4 characters with most favorites on MAL / definitely #1 most favorited female character on this site.

Which leads me to my main point - there are countless anime characters that I like, many of them whom I consider well developed, like for instance Yoko Nakajima from Juni Kokuki, the best isekai main character of all times, who feel incredibly human, and authentic, so to speak.

That being said, considering anime started decades ago, I find it interesting myself how those who make anime, still haven't created even one character who managed to even nearly replicate the whole spectrum of any human being I have ever interacted with, or even real life characters played by actors.

Just looking at this Rem girl, and reading her short description, I can already know what is she all about, and why is she so popular.

Or to make it even more extreme, I could use the cast from LOGH; series which, no matter what anyone said, had incredibly well written characters.

Even though there is so much to them, be it personality, or interactions with other characters, or good background, I could all of that take, and put it against just few minutes where some real human is doing something, anything, and there would be much more to real humans, even if they were just acting.

It's kinda similar when you see on the street some person you have never met before, and even if you don't say anything to them, they simply don't seem like just real life NPCs...

But then again, maybe that's just me, maybe some of you believe that there are some characters just as real and convincing in their behaviour as real people, just as absolute, or even more than that.

Enjoy in thread.

How bored are you?

Satyr_icon said:
Wait. You start a thread about how anime has a problem of shallow characterization, and the first character you think of to use as your standard for good character outside the medium is...Xena?

Couldn't have expressed how I feel about this thread better
Dec 21, 2018 11:22 AM

Jul 2014
Satyr_icon said:

What's wrong with Xena? Is she poorly written?
Dec 21, 2018 11:31 AM
May 2018
Satyr_icon said:

It's not the way you write. Your whole reasoning is flawed. You can't expect to bash a character you admit to not even know anything about and expect people here to be silent about it. You can't expect to be so vague while making extraordinary claims and don't be criticised. You're acting exactly as Glenn said.

If you want people to stop calling you out on your bs, then stop doing things half-assed. If you already noticed your writing is a big problem, then improve the parts that are lacking. Learn to read the mood, because you sound just like any other shitposter out there.

Otherwise you'll just keep receiving the same treatment. And this was a piece of advice. Follow it if you want.
About Rem, I already said that I know what she is all about, just from description - she is basically supporting character girl who is very supportive of MC, despite his faults.
Judging from her design, I guess she is very quiet, low key "best girl" type, the kind fans will actually prefer more than even more outspoken female lead.
She strikes me as kind of anime girl who will always be on MCs side, even if MC himself at first won't notice her.

I am pretty sure, that's what I would get from Rem if I gave that series a chance.

As for the way I write, sorry, but I write the way I write, and in no way am I considering it shitposting, no matter what you, or anyone else says.

I already told you to just stay away from threads that you don't like, instead of giving advices.

@Haak Yeah, I meant Noriko Takaya, I often mix her name with her seiyu's.

As for Hinata, well, fact is she is among main supporting cast, more important than just some side character, very popular even, and had a chance to be developed rather well, like some other supporting characters were; unfortunately, she wasn't.
AjvisorDec 21, 2018 11:37 AM
Dec 21, 2018 11:45 AM

Aug 2013
SithSteel said:

What's wrong with Xena? Is she poorly written?

I remember her being your run-of-the-mill female warrior badass that didn't really have many relevant changes throughout the series. Just like Hercules from the shared universe was the standard badass guy.

Nothing wrong with liking characters like that, but bringing them up as an example of good characterisation while bashing others is kind of a stretch.

Psajdak said:
As for the way I write, sorry, but I write the way I write, and in no way am I considering it shitposting, no matter what you, or anyone else says.

I already told you to just stay away from threads that you don't like, instead of giving advices.

Then stop complaining when people call your bs out. It's your own fault.
Dec 21, 2018 11:49 AM

Apr 2010
Psajdak said:

@Haak Yeah, I meant Noriko Takaya, I often mix her name with her seiyu's.

As for Hinata, well, fact is she is among main supporting cast, more important than just some side character, very popular even, and had a chance to be developed rather well, like some other supporting characters were; unfortunately, she wasn't.

Like i said, it's not about what you wished she were (no matter how reasonable it would seem), it's about what she was. And no she wasn't even a main supporting character. Just a minor one.
Dec 21, 2018 11:53 AM
May 2018
Satyr_icon said:

Then stop complaining when people call your bs out. It's your own fault.
I'm not complaining about anything, and maybe it's bullshit for you, but it's not for me.

Now, would you, PLEASE, be so kind to just stop posting in my threads, or is there simply something wrong with you?
I don't care about your advices, or about you trying to be some forum warrior, I'm not here to argue with you; just dissapear.

I don't hate you, I never even noticed you before, just asking you not to write in my topics, or to talk to me at all.
Is that so hard for you?
Dec 21, 2018 11:56 AM

May 2009
Psajdak said:
About Rem, I already said that I know what she is all about, just from description - she is basically supporting character girl who is very supportive of MC, despite his faults.
Judging from her design, I guess she is very quiet, low key "best girl" type, the kind fans will actually prefer more than even more outspoken female lead.
She strikes me as kind of anime girl who will always be on MCs side, even if MC himself at first won't notice her.

I am pretty sure, that's what I would get from Rem if I gave that series a chance.
I'm not sure why you're insisting on using a character you don't know well, and just drawing conclusions based on reading a character description.

Why can't you use a character you know better, personally?
Dec 21, 2018 12:04 PM

Aug 2013
@Psajdak hey, America is a free country.
Dec 21, 2018 12:07 PM

Jan 2014
oh yeah xena is da fuking chick we should all admire to be like
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Dec 21, 2018 4:10 PM

Jan 2017
Psajdak said:
I don't hate you, I never even noticed you before, just asking you not to write in my topics, or to talk to me at all.
Is that so hard for you?

"I posted a thread so you can come discuss this stupid, stupid thing I wrote!"

"Wait, no, you can't come and discuss it if you're going to call my stupid opinions stupid!"
Dec 21, 2018 6:20 PM
May 2018
GlennMagusHarvey said:
I'm not sure why you're insisting on using a character you don't know well, and just drawing conclusions based on reading a character description.

Like I said, I choose Rem simply because she's, according to the pace she's getting new favorites at the moment the kind of anime character that most people consider the best done female in anime, be it because of design, personality, or something third...

As for my conslusions, well, you tell me, have I said something about her that was incorrect?

And about characters that I am more familar with, quite frankly, I saw a lot of things, and there were no character that were were written so convincing; all of them, no matter how developed, or relatable, still had that anime pattern to them, they were still bound by a trope or two in the end.

Even Strangelove from game Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, who is, IMO, one of best fictional characters that I ever saw, had her problems.
She is never mentioned in any previous Metal Gear series, but still very closely connected to few old character; and the way she is written into the story, was just marvelous.

When she speaks, she speaks and behaves exactly the way anyone would if they were in her place.
Even if she is strong mentally, and won't hesitate to use force in order to find out the truth, she still isn't merciless monster, and when she tortures someone, she herself will end up hurt in a way, and frustrated.

"Rise & shine. Coldman's greed does not concern me. I'm only interested in 1 thing. THE TRUTH. I'm a scientist - an A.I. developer. But not an A.I. myself. I'm a scientist, and as a scientist I find this distasteful. You understand? I'm a SCIENTIST and I expect answers that make sense. Now, what do you know? Your Boss defected from the U.S. taking a Davy Crockett with her & used it to launch a nuclear strike on Soviet territory. That much I know from the CIA's official debriefing...did she defect or not? Answer me, did she or did she not die for her country?"

It also helps that she talk with british accent, which, weirdly, made her seem even more scientist-like; she's like a female version of Spock with feelings that mess up her logical thinking.

But, like I said, even she had her problems; there were time when she was too overdramatic, like her writers tried to exaggerate her behaviour in order to make her problems more noticeable.
Dec 21, 2018 6:32 PM

Jan 2013
Nice troll post. Rem is obviously much better than any real life girl you can find, especially whoever the fuck that is. I mean that girl is not even attractive. Average at best. Meanwhile you have zero anime or manga on your list.
Try harder next time.
Dec 21, 2018 6:44 PM
May 2018
vegeta8639 said:
Nice troll post. Rem is obviously much better than any real life girl you can find, especially whoever the fuck that is. I mean that girl is not even attractive. Average at best. Meanwhile you have zero anime or manga on your list.
Try harder next time.
It really isn't trolling, and I don't use MAL for anime listing, but then again, what would someone who favorites one of biggest murderers in human history know.
Dec 21, 2018 8:24 PM

Jan 2013
Psajdak said:
vegeta8639 said:
Try harder next time.
It really isn't trolling, and I don't use MAL for anime listing, but then again, what would someone who favorites one of biggest murderers in human history know.

Hahahahaha. Yes it's obvious you only use MAL for trolling.
Dec 21, 2018 11:10 PM

May 2009
Psajdak said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

Like I said, I choose Rem simply because she's, according to the pace she's getting new favorites at the moment the kind of anime character that most people consider the best done female in anime, be it because of design, personality, or something third...

As for my conslusions, well, you tell me, have I said something about her that was incorrect?
I don't know about Rem herself, since I haven't gotten that far in the anime (or LN, where I just last month bought the second volume, where she first appears). However, she's very definitely not some sort of overwhelming favorite to the point that "most people" like her; far as I can tell she just is yet another contender in the "waifu wars" people seem to enjoy these days, with her fair share of supporters and haters. And I don't think Re:Zero is quite the hot new thing it was a while ago anyway.

https://2017.internationalsaimoe.com/ <-- She's popular, but not even the most popular.
Dec 21, 2018 11:17 PM

Jul 2014
I'd like to reiterate an earlier question. Why, OP, do you like Xena as a character so much?
Dec 21, 2018 11:29 PM

Feb 2016
I intentionally choose Xena, not because I care about her, or even know anything beside her description; I will never even give Xena: the Princess Warrior a chance, because I know it will be trash for me; rather, something just tells me she will eventually be among top 3 - 4 characters with most favorites

When I see Rem on this picture, I can see good looking female warrior with a big smile, but the way she's looking, her pose, skin, she seems so vast, there are invisible signs that she truly felt love and hate, mystery, life, envy, pride, happiness, and sadness.

I havent seen Xena: the Princess Warrior but Rem is 1000% better than Xena
SupercuecaDec 21, 2018 11:35 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - Yesterday

36 by Miyamotodex23 »»
5 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

14 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

111 by logopolis »»
11 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

122 by BigBoyAdvance »»
21 minutes ago

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 2 hours ago

10 by BigBoyAdvance »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.