Forums
New
Dec 20, 2018 4:09 AM
Mar 2016
Erased ending spoiler below:

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 20, 2018 4:17 AM

Mar 2017
well the show had fans develop feelings for Kayo, and thus wanted her to end up with Satoru. and yes, Satoru was a fucking pedo.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 20, 2018 4:22 AM

Oct 2010
Uh... this show has females with big boobs and panty shots! (The show has ecchi tag)
Dec 20, 2018 4:27 AM

Jan 2013
I don't understand when people say that ending ruined the series, it was already bad from the start. (edit: I'm talking about Erased)
fuyukiDec 21, 2018 5:19 AM
Dec 20, 2018 4:29 AM

Sep 2017
"It's really dark, so therefore good."
Edward Elric > your waifu

Dec 20, 2018 4:32 AM

Jan 2017
Hit_Or_Miss said:
"It's really dark, so therefore good."

Textbook excuses from edge-lords lol. Always ignore it.
Dec 20, 2018 4:45 AM
May 2016
"this slice of life show is bad because there is no story"
Dec 20, 2018 4:48 AM

Oct 2014
"Anime sucks for reasons i can't articulate or quantify"

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Dec 20, 2018 4:50 AM

Jul 2016
"Im better than you so my opinion is the truth"

Dec 20, 2018 5:12 AM

Mar 2012
"It's bad because that's what youtuber I subscribe said so"
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 20, 2018 5:18 AM

Jul 2007
It's edgy.

☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jul 2013
"This show is Melodramatic"

"This show is edgy and edgy is bad"

"Slice of Life are boring because they always have no plot"
Apr 2018
Catalano said:
Uh... this show has females with big boobs and panty shots! (has ecchi tag)

cough @cherrylover

Why are the women super attractive
Again not naming any names
Dec 20, 2018 5:23 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
"I can't relate to this so it's trash nobody should watch"
Dec 20, 2018 5:24 AM

Jul 2007
Calal-Chan said:
"This show is edgy and edgy is bad"

Seriously. Nothing makes me shake my head more than "too edgy" being thrown as a criticism just because a show gets a little too gritty than what may align with the viewer's pillow soft sensibilities.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Dec 20, 2018 5:24 AM

Dec 2018
I can accept criticism because everybody has different opinion. I even agree that some Slice of Life anime would be better with more story progression, for example Ayano and Kyoko becoming a real couple in Yuru Yuri.
Dec 20, 2018 5:28 AM

Oct 2017
When they start comparing old anime with the new anime in question, whcih is only made to shit on the newer anime.

See Darling in the Franxx with Evangelion and Gurren Lagann. I haven't seen comparisons of Comic Girls with Sore ga Seiyuu, or Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san with Gabriel Dropout. Hypocrisy at its very best.

"Cute girls doing cute things with yuri bait"

What do you expect from an almost all-female cast? Maybe it's the influence of Yuru Yuri in modern CGDCT, but it's tiring to see most of the reviews of these animes always criticizing for having yuri bait.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Dec 20, 2018 5:28 AM

Feb 2015
"It has mecha"

"Watched a battle shounen and disliked it because friendship"

"Watched a harem and disliked it because all the girls were after the main guy"

"Watched any anime and disliked it because it wasn't deep/intellectual enough"
Dec 20, 2018 5:30 AM

Feb 2016
"I don't understand what people see on this anime therefore is trash"
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 20, 2018 5:31 AM

Jul 2007
I once read a criticism of Grappler Baki that claimed that the show was bad because the plot was just about guys fighting.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Dec 20, 2018 5:32 AM

Jun 2016
It has no cute girls so it's good

blablabla... modern anime have way too much fanservice, UnLiKe OlD aNiMe
Dec 20, 2018 5:34 AM

Aug 2014
RoyaleMiko said:
I can accept criticism because everybody has different opinion. I even agree that some Slice of Life anime would be better with more story progression, for example Ayano and Kyoko becoming a real couple in Yuru Yuri.

Slice of life does better with progression.
Having 1 to zero story in slice of life basically depending too much on the settings and perhaps comedy therefore it may stale after a while.

Like my friend critiques towards me
"Why do you want progress in a slice of life".
Well, if story gets too uninteresting it stalled out.

Put Nisekoi for example, it was a slice of life romcom but the formulas get so repetitive despite itself having a story and proceed using those formula for shitload of fillers that add very low value to the point it became too much of a nuisance for a slice of life due being stale i mentioned.
Dec 20, 2018 5:36 AM

Mar 2016
I can accept any criticism that doesn't want to be "objective", because objectivity doesn't exist.
Dec 20, 2018 5:55 AM

Feb 2010
Laciani said:
"It looks bad, because it's old"...

Yeah that is the one I'll never be able to get or respect. Or in general, anything that calls anime that look different from the standard 'ugly', basically hating any kind of variety in styles when that's one of the biggest appeals of animation - that everything doesn't have to look the same and there's a whole range of styles. But it's the worst when they combine it with the age 'argument' by implying that art is something that improves over time and can become 'outdated' so new = always better. It just shows such a complete lack of understanding of the timeless nature of art, it's baffling.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 20, 2018 5:56 AM

Oct 2010
The double standard that is believing that anime doesn't care about the Western fandom/culture, while at the same time trying to reaffirm your views of Western fandom/culture through anime and assuming that it caters to your own Western political spectrum, is one of the nicest samples of intellectual dishonesty out there.
Dec 20, 2018 5:58 AM

Oct 2010
I find this stuff at almost every anime: damn, the pacing is too fast, why didn't they make a 24 episode? And: the pacing is so slow, it would be better if this were only 12 episodes.
Wtf? There's nothing wrong with the pacing, they cut off your favorite useless scene and you lose your mind?
Dec 20, 2018 6:09 AM

Jan 2013
Laciani said:
Definitely this. Those people must obviously have something wrong in them
Dec 20, 2018 6:16 AM

Jul 2015
boiling a character down to their dere type.

an anime is bad, therefore it's source material is too, and the author has no life.
Dec 20, 2018 7:27 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I'd probably want to spit in the face of people who try to impose some bastardized sense of morality onto a type of entertainment and use that to try to paint the people who consume it as dangerous individuals. It's a basic-ass fearmongering tactic and I have absolutely no respect for that.

Outside of that, I tend to dislike criticisms that are aimed specifically at asserting a show is bad because of what it is and little else. "This is an LN adaptation, this is an ecchi, this is old," et cetera. They tend to be dull and unproductive, not leaving much to discuss while asserting it as an objective fact that it's bad based on the parameters. It's always totally cool to dislike certain elements that define a type of series and then reaching the conclusion that you don't like a type of series based on those mechanisms, but it isn't really much of a criticism in my book, at least not in of itself, which is usually exactly what it is. Basically, saying that an ecchi series is bad or lazily/poorly done because it focuses and prioritizes sexual fanservice is fucking dumb and if you do that then you are fucking dumb.

Criticisms focusing too much on lambasting the series and the types of mechanisms it has for a perceived target audience. "Dis is Otaku-bait" type stuff, basically. "This is just there to take advantage of a drooling, idiotic audience and make as much money as possible," blah blah blah. It often comes off as incredibly condescending, on top of just not really fucking adding anything of value to a discussion or even as much as giving an actual interpretation of the quality of the show itself, just you perceive it as aiming towards a specific demographic and that's supposed to somehow be an issue in of itself. Totally worthless. I see Otaku-bait most regularly in reviews and such so I used it as my example here, but I tend to apply a negative response to any demographic-based criticism based on the same principle.

For a more specific one, I immensely dislike stuff like "-dere types are all the same and have no personality," because it usually comes off as them seeing a character who can fall into this brand of archetype and then reducing literally everything about the character down to the -dere type themselves and then blaming the show for it.
ManabanDec 20, 2018 7:33 AM

Dec 20, 2018 7:30 AM

Apr 2018
"This show is too slowly paced."

What? Did you expect Shiki and Steins;Gate to be condensed into rushed twelve episode series? Get outta here.
DoubleJEspejwan6Dec 22, 2018 1:02 AM
Dec 20, 2018 7:33 AM

Aug 2017
Erased have many issues even before the ending.

fuyuki said:
I don't understand when people say that ending ruined the series, it was already bad from the start.

This.

About criticism, the most annoying are:

*"BAD ANIMATION = BAD SHOW"
*"GOOD ANIMATION = GOOD SHOW"
*"I am deeply offended by this, so the show is bad".

NurguburuDec 20, 2018 7:49 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 20, 2018 7:36 AM

Mar 2016
'they didn't explain x'
Depends on context, but some things do not need to be explained.
Dec 20, 2018 7:39 AM

Oct 2017
"It didn't end the way I wanted it to end so therefore it's bad."

I think there's a difference between the ending of an anime just being plain bad and someone throwing a fit because it didn't end or go the way they wanted it to. I can get if a show just has a bad ending, but if someone suddenly starts raving it was bad because it didn't go the way they wanted it to then I think that's just dumb.
Dec 20, 2018 7:47 AM
Jul 2015
It's good because its original and an innovative idea.
Dec 20, 2018 7:48 AM

Nov 2018
The old stuff argument is probably because it's not currently running and not on trend or at the "today", trend is cool. The dark stuff argument is probably because the general mass stereotype idea of dark being cool, so automatic response. Slice of life stuff is probably the people looking for plots hence the sentence. The Youtuber stuff is reliance logic. I think I remember someone said mecha's bad for how the logic of moving robots works. Friendship, harem and intellectual arguments are just rejection. Related stuff argument is someone asking for help? Normally just rejection.

That's what I'm assuming.

EDIT: How about I said an anime being fresh? Is that no good?
Dec 20, 2018 7:56 AM
Apr 2018
When people apply a same fixed way of rating things to everything, because in their twisted mind that's equivalent to being "fair". Like, rating a single 15 min OVA with 2/10 because there was not much depth and character development. Duh.
Or rating a comedy bad because it has no main plot. Guess what, not every show needs a storyline to follow to be good, especially comedies.

So, basically, people who don't get that different shows have different focuses and rating everything by the same schema doesn't make sense at all. If a show gives me exactly what I expected from it, why should I rate it bad.
Dec 20, 2018 8:07 AM

Mar 2017
"SoL shows are boring and have no story progression"

Boi
Dec 20, 2018 8:10 AM
Jul 2018
"NGE is pretentious." I think most of this is attributed to the heavy use of symbolism in the final two episodes which was mostly due to an unexpected budget cut for the studio at the very last minute.

"DBZ is nothing but mindless fights." Sure, that describes a good deal of the series (much more so with Super) but it's still selling DBZ short imo. There's a bit of character development with some characters, especially for Vegeta. I don't think a basic story necessarily means a bad story either. Better than trying to tackle more complicated themes and failing to handle them right. I find it funny how I often see this kind of criticism coming from OP, HxH, Naruto or Bleach fans as if they're somehow a superior breed of shonentards.
Dec 20, 2018 8:10 AM
Oct 2015
"why not just watch anime for fun or to just critize ?"
Dec 20, 2018 8:50 AM

Dec 2016
"It's generic, it's typical, therefore it can't be good" ... typical doesn't mean bad!
Dec 20, 2018 8:55 AM

Dec 2016
parasocial said:

"DBZ is nothing but mindless fights." Sure, that describes a good deal of the series (much more so with Super) but it's still selling DBZ short imo. There's a bit of character development with some characters, especially for Vegeta. I don't think a basic story necessarily means a bad story either. Better than trying to tackle more complicated themes and failing to handle them right. I find it funny how I often see this kind of criticism coming from OP, HxH, Naruto or Bleach fans as if they're somehow a superior breed of shonentards.

Thanks for this comment. I've always wondered if the people who claim that, actually watched and payed attention to the show or not...
Dec 20, 2018 8:56 AM
Aug 2014
It's a common belief that when a show shows cleavage, it's a bad show.

"The OP contained a lot of boobs so I know exactly what the whole show is going to be," paraphrasing of course but the whole "this show is predictable" is usually said by people who just make assumptions... I guess it's the type of person I don't understand. There are lots of clichés and patterns but you're "predicting" it's going to show a lot of cleavage because that's what the OP promises? Really? You must be a fucking oracle.
Dec 20, 2018 9:00 AM
Aug 2014
Nurguburu said:
Erased have many issues even before the ending.

fuyuki said:
I don't understand when people say that ending ruined the series, it was already bad from the start.

This.

About criticism, the most annoying are:

*"BAD ANIMATION = BAD SHOW"
*"GOOD ANIMATION = GOOD SHOW"
*"I am deeply offended by this, so the show is bad".

I rated this season's terribly animated incest show 7 because that was my level of enjoyment, but a lot of people couldn't get past how it looked. A lot of people also used how it looked to whip up momentum to call it garbage on all fronts, which I don't understand.
Dec 20, 2018 9:10 AM

Apr 2008
Laciani said:

Seriously!

I rather just jump into history to see if this is right or wrong. So far, J-Decker and Dendoh are one of the best things I've watched lately.

There's considerably more anime compared to before that's for sure.

Also, there's the damn seiyuu fans.
Dec 20, 2018 9:26 AM

Jul 2013
The argument I don't understand is the "If the show is old, then it's bad". Its just saying your too scared to get out of your comfort zone. Just bc the series is old doesn't mean you could at least give it a shot.

Dec 20, 2018 9:53 AM

Feb 2015
Sorry, I've stayed away from AD for a while so I don't quite understand how memes devolved now. Is the ecchi = bad still a thing on this forum board?
Dec 20, 2018 10:19 AM

Feb 2018
Catalano said:
I find this stuff at almost every anime: damn, the pacing is too fast, why didn't they make a 24 episode? And: the pacing is so slow, it would be better if this were only 12 episodes.
Wtf?

Yeah obviously i don't understand what is wrong with that lol ?
Dec 20, 2018 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
Bittersweet or tragic endings are bad because they make me feel bad and shows have to make me feel good for it to be good. Regardless of the tone or content of the series.
Dec 20, 2018 2:14 PM

Aug 2018
This show is shit because the male mc is protected by girls.

This show is so random/confusing, this is shit. (even tho the show has a linear plot that explains everything)

They don't explain anything, this is so bad. (Tag: MYSTERY... omg, this one is the worse)
Dec 20, 2018 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
"If all the characters in an anime are not 100% developed, the anime sucks"

Why? A character being developed doesn't make them iconic, or even ejoyable. Subaru from Re: Zero is developed: I don't give a shit about him. Shouldn't an anime be judged by what is it focusing on?

For example, people hated Chaos; Child because the characters weren't developed, but the main selling point of that anime was the story, which was great.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» That moment when you realize...

Dominusew - 5 minutes ago

2 by Nemo_Niemand »»
13 seconds ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

66 by 23feanor »»
18 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 6 hours ago

13 by Otakupervert890 »»
25 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

90 by Theo1899 »»
28 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9069 by anime-prime »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.