Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 19, 2018 9:37 PM

Oct 2017
i have currently watched up to episode 8 and it is so painful for me to continue i will eventually catch up and finish it, it just takes me a while to watch each episode because i have to pause and take a break whenever i have had too much which is like every 30 seconds . i absolutely hate every character with a passion and their relationships and conversations feel completely unnatural and fake. this anime is getting so much hype and i really want to know why. if you have a reason for liking it so much please tell me what it is.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 19, 2018 9:41 PM
Jan 2015
It should be obvious? No? It's because we feel the exact opposite of what you do. What you hate or believe is bad about the series, are things that we like and think is good, simple as that. Now move on.
My Queens

Dec 19, 2018 9:44 PM

Oct 2017
but i keep getting responses like this. give me something specific. How are the characters good, how are the relationships good...
Dec 19, 2018 9:48 PM
Jan 2015
Better yet you tell me how everything is so bad? Why should I have to articulate anything when you don't even try to justify your own opinion lol.
My Queens

Dec 19, 2018 9:52 PM
Jun 2016
Veridium said:
i have currently watched up to episode 8 and it is so painful for me to continue i will eventually catch up and finish it, it just takes me a while to watch each episode because i have to pause and take a break whenever i have had too much which is like every 30 seconds . i absolutely hate every character with a passion and their relationships and conversations feel completely unnatural and fake. this anime is getting so much hype and i really want to know why. if you have a reason for liking it so much please tell me what it is.

I like the anime for these reasons

1.I like the way it tackles problems like bullying among other things...using the imagery of wounds appearing across the body. Like in the current Kaede arc...by using the image of Kaede(and her family) being hurt, and losing her memories...we get a view as to how people and the ones close to them are affected by bullying.

2.Then there is the scary bit about Mai dissapearing. Wow...that was a literal look at how fleeting fame is. When you are famous, everyone knows your name, you are significant, but when you drop off...it's like you are invisible.

3.Mai's little sister's arc shows how walking in someone else's shoes can be a very very good and enlightening experience.

4.Koga's arc...very simple. Face your fears, and the horrible outcome might not happen.

5.Then there is Futaba's arc...dealing with the question of 'who am i, really?'

I must confess, watching this show (initially I did not think that I would like it)...has been a great learning experience. Wish it aired when I was a teenager.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Dec 19, 2018 9:52 PM

Apr 2007
How can you hate every character with a passion when they have never done anything to warrant animosity? That alone makes me think that you have some bias that is skewing your perception of reality.

I mean you could literally flip the script about everything you said in that paragraph, and that's how I feel about this anime.
Dec 19, 2018 9:56 PM

Oct 2017
the main guy make stupid remarks every 5 seconds that get so boring and annoying, he doesnt show any signs of humanity other than his love for the main girl which i think is very poorly done and just the way he looks too... its like the main guy from classroom of the elites, everyone hated that guy so why does everyone love this guy so much. the scientist girl is infuriating, she makes stupidly accurate guesses and is always right and her personality doesnt reflect that of a high school student. why does she know everything??? they never explain anything about that and its annoying. the main girl also makes me wanna puke, no human on earth acts like her, nothing about the way she interacts with people feels real every line of dialogue that comes out of the main guy's or her mouth makes me hate the show even more. the rest of the characters arent even worth mentioning because they are so basic, unoriginal and forgettable. thats my opinion on the characters alone. ive got a lot more for all the other bad elements of the show.
Dec 19, 2018 9:57 PM
Jun 2016
Killuan said:
How can you hate every character with a passion when they have never done anything to warrant animosity? That alone makes me think that you have some bias that is skewing your perception of reality.

I mean you could literally flip the script about everything you said in that paragraph, and that's how I feel about this anime.

Personally, I intially found Mai and her half sister annoying.(The half sister in particular).

But as time went on, and as we had more background, helping me understand them more, I came to like them.

Futaba was a 'flat character' to me till we got to her arc.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Dec 19, 2018 10:04 PM
Jun 2016
Veridium said:
the main guy make stupid remarks every 5 seconds that get so boring and annoying, he doesnt show any signs of humanity other than his love for the main girl which i think is very poorly done and just the way he looks too... its like the main guy from classroom of the elites, everyone hated that guy so why does everyone love this guy so much. the scientist girl is infuriating, she makes stupidly accurate guesses and is always right and her personality doesnt reflect that of a high school student. why does she know everything??? they never explain anything about that and its annoying. the main girl also makes me wanna puke, no human on earth acts like her, nothing about the way she interacts with people feels real every line of dialogue that comes out of the main guy's or her mouth makes me hate the show even more. the rest of the characters arent even worth mentioning because they are so basic, unoriginal and forgettable. thats my opinion on the characters alone. ive got a lot more for all the other bad elements of the show.

1.LOL...someone sees what I see. MC does look like Classroom of the Elite's MC. Mai looks a bit like Suzune from the same anime.

2.On dialog....that's the problem I have with high school anime myself. Some of the dialog sounds like it was written by someone who does not know teenagers.

3.Futaba is just there to explain the show's pseudoscience (because , every show needs a Mr/Ms exposition).

4.My intial opinion of the characters was that they were 'flat'...but when you get into the arcs....they become more 'real'
Dec 19, 2018 10:07 PM

Oct 2017
Killuan said:

my perception isnt skewed. i have just seen better shows. the characters have done plenty to warrant animosity. i gave this show a shot and it failed miserably for me. going into this show i wasnt even thinking it was gonna be bad. i saw a bunny girl so i clicked it. i didnt do any research so there was no bias when i was starting it. all my friends love the show too. i seem to be the only one that really dislikes it among everyone i know.
Dec 19, 2018 10:08 PM

Oct 2017
9jaotaku3S said:
Veridium said:

1.LOL...someone sees what I see. MC does look like Classroom of the Elite's MC. Mai looks a bit like Suzune from the same anime.

2.On dialog....that's the problem I have with high school anime myself. Some of the dialog sounds like it was written by someone who does not know teenagers.

3.Futaba is just there to explain the show's pseudoscience (because , every show needs a Mr/Ms exposition).

4.My intial opinion of the characters was that they were 'flat'...but when you get into the arcs....they become more 'real'

even after the characters get their arcs. they still seem flat to me
Dec 19, 2018 10:24 PM

Oct 2017
9jaotaku3S said:
Veridium said:

I like the anime for these reasons

1.I like the way it tackles problems like bullying among other things...using the imagery of wounds appearing across the body. Like in the current Kaede arc...by using the image of Kaede(and her family) being hurt, and losing her memories...we get a view as to how people and the ones close to them are affected by bullying.

2.Then there is the scary bit about Mai dissapearing. Wow...that was a literal look at how fleeting fame is. When you are famous, everyone knows your name, you are significant, but when you drop off...it's like you are invisible.

3.Mai's little sister's arc shows how walking in someone else's shoes can be a very very good and enlightening experience.

4.Koga's arc...very simple. Face your fears, and the horrible outcome might not happen.

5.Then there is Futaba's arc...dealing with the question of 'who am i, really?'

I must confess, watching this show (initially I did not think that I would like it)...has been a great learning experience. Wish it aired when I was a teenager.

a lot of people like it for the themes, but themes alone definitely don't carry an anime. something like shimoneta which i though had good themes and a concept that can invoke thought, still wasn't a good anime. there are so many factors that make an anime good and for me Bunny Girl Senpai doesn't check off too many boxes
Dec 19, 2018 10:49 PM

May 2017
I get you op, the mc is an edgy cringelord

And the whole show is basically a cheap ripoffs and fused TMOHS+Oregairu+Monogatari=Bunny girl senpai (a forced badly written show)
Dec 20, 2018 12:34 AM

Dec 2013
Lairucrem said:
I get you op, the mc is an edgy cringelord

And the whole show is basically a cheap ripoffs and fused TMOHS+Oregairu+Monogatari=Bunny girl senpai (a forced badly written show)

Pretty much this.
Normally, I wouldn't even care but that score is just ridiculous.
Dec 20, 2018 1:41 AM

Jun 2013
the concept is pretty good, with the different scenarios. but yeah, they force the character emotions too much
Dec 20, 2018 1:44 AM

Jul 2015
Well Its enjoyable and people like main characters coz they have some unique quirks plot is mediocre and forced at times but its fun either way

Well...
Dec 20, 2018 1:58 AM

Jul 2016
The first reply you got is the only one you need, why do you want other people to justify their tastes?
Dec 20, 2018 7:08 AM

Apr 2018
Veridium said:

I hope you're ready cuz I'mma put an end to your inner struggle and give you the secret answer you've always been looking for:
Bloody personal taste.
Ikr, mind blowing isn't it?

If now you would be kind enough to return back the favour and answer a question that's causing my personal inner struggle I'd really appreciate:
Why the fuck people force themselves to watch anime they fucking hate just to complain about how much they don't like those shows later, instead of dropping them and move to shows which actually matches their tastes better?
No matter how much I think about it I just can't come up with an answer, really looking forward to be enlightened
Dec 20, 2018 10:19 AM

Sep 2017
I don't get why people should have to justify themselves because they like something or not

Every person sees, understands and lives things in an unique way. There's not any bad or good way, they're just completely different

You may find some aspects of this show annoying or pointless, but people can find these same settings amusing, inspiring or entertaining

I love this anime because it's very sweet, I love the characters (how they behave, their personalities, their actions) and I especially like the overall message of the anime, who uses paranormal events as a metaphor for serious problems teenagers and people in general have to go through
You may not agree with me, you may find my argumentation not convincing enough, but I don't care since I understand and approach the show in my own way
Dec 20, 2018 11:00 AM

Dec 2013
Themousen said:
I don't get why people should have to justify themselves because they like something or not.

There's not point in having a score, if you don't justify it at all.
Let's say, some teenagers gave CG 10/10. Does it mean anything to you?
Dec 20, 2018 11:09 AM

Sep 2017
Kamiyan3991 said:
Themousen said:
I don't get why people should have to justify themselves because they like something or not.

There's not point in having a score, if you don't justify it at all.
Let's say, some teenagers gave CG 10/10. Does it mean anything to you?

Well, I'll assume you love that anime then, I won't try to disagree with you if you think 10 is the righ score
Of course reviews are helpful when you're searching for an anime, but you can perfectly score an anime without a justification and only focusing on your enjoyment
Dec 20, 2018 11:30 AM
Dec 2016
Themousen said:
I don't get why people should have to justify themselves because they like something or not

Every person sees, understands and lives things in an unique way. There's not any bad or good way, they're just completely different

You may find some aspects of this show annoying or pointless, but people can find these same settings amusing, inspiring or entertaining

I love this anime because it's very sweet, I love the characters (how they behave, their personalities, their actions) and I especially like the overall message of the anime, who uses paranormal events as a metaphor for serious problems teenagers and people in general have to go through
You may not agree with me, you may find my argumentation not convincing enough, but I don't care since I understand and approach the show in my own way

Omg thank you, like I really wanted to say something about this but I seriously didn't know how to say it, this is EXACTLY how I feel about this anime, thank you for this.
Dec 20, 2018 11:32 AM

Feb 2015
I like the series very much, I heard normies love it too so I tried to love it so I can fit in the circle and not be sad as fuck but I wonder why it's backfiring...
Dec 20, 2018 12:11 PM

Dec 2015
Day 439434 in the existence of MAL
The 4049512th person that wants everyone to forcefully explain to him just to satisfy him why they like something he doesn't appears.

This species is far for being extinct, expect more next week in Top 10 Bad Herbs that never die.

Also here's your answer
-Mahesvara said:
It should be obvious? No? It's because we feel the exact opposite of what you do. What you hate or believe is bad about the series, are things that we like and think is good, simple as that. Now move on.

Stop demanding explanations of why people like something that you don't, the world does not moves around you and your own perception, if someone do want to explain you why is up to them, if someone simply says they like it, it's up to them.

Nothing has ever been so simple, yet people like you always try to make it hard.
Dec 20, 2018 12:12 PM
Apr 2016
At first I really liked it, for like the first 4 episodes, but after that for me it just went downhill, dull, boring... I don't know if it's just me...
Dec 20, 2018 12:19 PM

Sep 2016

The main reason why so many people like it is because of how hilariously honest the characters are.
That's probably why you feel it's unnatural since real people don't behave that way.
ZarutakuDec 20, 2018 12:48 PM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Dec 20, 2018 12:30 PM

Jul 2015
I kinda relate to the main character like a lot, so in that regard, it's pretty fascinating for me to see him and how he acts in certain situations. I like his playful/teaseful side, it always give me a good laugh. This is probably where we part ways though, OP. You hate him for all the reasons I like him. And there's nothing wrong with that, I mean, to each their own.

His relationship with Mai is also very cute too (Mai best girl of 2018 don't @ me). I like how she reacts to his teasing too, where she like can also tease back, and then in the other moments where she's kinda just shy, I find that kinda cute lol. She carries herself pretty well too. One thing I noticed you criticized was that the interactions (and how she acts) isn't realistic at all. We all have our different experiences with this, but I mean, you can't expect every single anime to be realistic lol, it's anime we're talking about.

There characters are all pretty good. The one that I like the least would probably be Tomoe. She was like one the first few girls introduced (before we're introduced to all the ones that we see up until ep 11, which is where I'm currently at), that was getting in the way of the ship, and so her entire arc was kinda annoying bc of that fact for me. Puberty Syndrome is quite nice. I get Charlotte vibes from this anime, which I thought was also another good anime.

A lot of the characters overall are pretty likable though, imo. They all have their own unique and distinct features that make them enjoyable to watch in their own way. The themes are nice too, and it's cool to see the puberty syndrome tie into that.

So ya, that's my two cents.

caught in the wonder
Dec 20, 2018 1:35 PM

Dec 2013
Zarutaku said:

The main reason why so many people like it is because of how hilariously honest the characters are.
That's probably why you feel it's unnatural since real people don't behave that way.

Cringe /=/ honest
Dec 20, 2018 2:16 PM
Dec 2018
don't you agree that people has different taste and perception? If you don't then you must educate yourself mister. We either don't ask why you hate it? Yet you force us to say why we love it. Then its your time give an specific reason. The thread that i don't like is people forcing their beliefs over and over. Leave the thread and go to what you like the most
Dec 20, 2018 2:18 PM

May 2016
I didn't know anything about the show before starting it, just that despite the title it had very little to do with bunny girls. Even then, I went into the show with mediocre expectations based on the premise MAL gives (which doesn't really do the show justice imo).

The first arc blew all my expectations for the show out of the water and got me invested in the characters and premise. The way it tackled issues people face with a supernatural spin was an interesting take. I can see how people can dislike the main characters but I found their banter charming and Sakuta's attitude reminds me of a friend I have. None of the characters have really done anything that makes me specifically hate them. The subsequent story arcs were good (especially Futaba's) and continued to hit on those emotions that a lot of teenagers feel as they grow up. Although I didn't find Nodoka's arc to be as strong as the others, I still enjoyed it and overall it’s a great anime.

Granted, I haven't seen the other shows you say this one borrows generously from, but on its own this show stood out to me this season. Regardless of how cringy the characters supposedly are or how clunky the dialogue is, this show is definitely one of my favorites this season. I suppose that a combination of low expectations with a high return and a personal interest in the narrative the show tackles are what make this show great to me.

Hope this helps.

Dec 20, 2018 2:25 PM

Sep 2017
Honestly I don't believe that's cringy

I really appreciate that honesty and Seishun Buta Yarou is the only anime I know where characters doesn't hide or turn around their feelings, without overreacting as well
I miss that honesty and I really wish people in real life were that honest, that would be way more easier and nicer

I understand that people can think the MC is cringy because of his behaviour, but his honest and mischievous personality is why I especially love him. He's a very calm character, Sakuta is like a funnier version of Ginko, and this is a personnality we rarely see in animes
Dec 20, 2018 6:10 PM

Jul 2017
There's this thing called: personal taste. Shocking right?

I mean, what kind of shit post is this? You don't understand why people would like this. So? LET PEOPLE LIKE WHATEVER THEY WANT.

Why are you even questioning someone else's taste? It's like questioning people who like apples.

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Dec 20, 2018 8:00 PM

Oct 2017
vhagar8 said:
Veridium said:

I hope you're ready cuz I'mma put an end to your inner struggle and give you the secret answer you've always been looking for:
Bloody personal taste.
Ikr, mind blowing isn't it?

If now you would be kind enough to return back the favour and answer a question that's causing my personal inner struggle I'd really appreciate:
Why the fuck people force themselves to watch anime they fucking hate just to complain about how much they don't like those shows later, instead of dropping them and move to shows which actually matches their tastes better?
No matter how much I think about it I just can't come up with an answer, really looking forward to be enlightened

i personally hate dropping anime and the only ones i would drop are the ones i start watching with friends and dont plan on continuing. normally when i start an anime on my own accord i finish it
Dec 25, 2018 6:09 AM
Dec 2018
Veridium said:

Clearly you havent met many people if you think no one acts like Mai. and no humanity from Sakuta? I personally have to say that out of all the anime i have watched in the last year, Sakuta shows some of the most human feelings and reactions to situations. I actually relate quite deeply to him, and for someone to go out and say that he shows absolutely no humanity except for xx is migraine inducing.
Dec 25, 2018 2:47 PM

Oct 2017
ZeebaJeeba said:
Veridium said:

Clearly you havent met many people if you think no one acts like Mai. and no humanity from Sakuta? I personally have to say that out of all the anime i have watched in the last year, Sakuta shows some of the most human feelings and reactions to situations. I actually relate quite deeply to him, and for someone to go out and say that he shows absolutely no humanity except for xx is migraine inducing.

please tell me what makes sakuta feel like a normal human to you. also i have met enough people to know how people act and how social interactions work and not only mai but every character in this anime just feels extremely forced and fake. i think maybe koga might be the only exception but the way the show portrays her really annoys me. they make her seem like a bad person even though she is the only one who actually has normal reactions and emotions. the scientist girl says that the if she was doing the things she did on purpose than that would be like true evil and she was doing it on purpose which the show is trying to show you that she is bad even though its just human. its like this show is trying to tell you that having normal reactions is a bad thing. at this point ive had enough and im just gonna finish it and never look back. ive gotten too much backlash from voicing my opinion so sorry if ive offended anyone
Dec 25, 2018 3:46 PM

Aug 2013
Because most people here have stupefying low standards.

ZeebaJeeba said:
I personally have to say that out of all the anime i have watched in the last year, Sakuta shows some of the most human feelings and reactions to situations.

The fact that Bunny Girl is the only anime in your list makes your comment accidentally amusing. And pretty accurate.
Dec 25, 2018 7:20 PM
Oct 2018
the light novel was good. the anime has bad adaptation of certain arcs especially the arc about Mai's Sister. I'm worried that they might fck up again (Kaede Arc) just for the sake of teasing the upcoming Movie (Shoko Arc). A1 Pictures doing some nice slack work again tbh
Dec 25, 2018 7:23 PM
Oct 2018
Ponds667 said:
I didn't know anything about the show before starting it, just that despite the title it had very little to do with bunny girls. Even then, I went into the show with mediocre expectations based on the premise MAL gives (which doesn't really do the show justice imo).

The first arc blew all my expectations for the show out of the water and got me invested in the characters and premise. The way it tackled issues people face with a supernatural spin was an interesting take. I can see how people can dislike the main characters but I found their banter charming and Sakuta's attitude reminds me of a friend I have. None of the characters have really done anything that makes me specifically hate them. The subsequent story arcs were good (especially Futaba's) and continued to hit on those emotions that a lot of teenagers feel as they grow up. Although I didn't find Nodoka's arc to be as strong as the others, I still enjoyed it and overall it’s a great anime.

Granted, I haven't seen the other shows you say this one borrows generously from, but on its own this show stood out to me this season. Regardless of how cringy the characters supposedly are or how clunky the dialogue is, this show is definitely one of my favorites this season. I suppose that a combination of low expectations with a high return and a personal interest in the narrative the show tackles are what make this show great to me.

Hope this helps.

Agreed the first 3 episodes are the best and the basis of my 9/10 initial score
Dec 25, 2018 7:50 PM
Oct 2018
Honestly, if new watchers don’t like the show, they can simply give it a rating that isn’t 9/10, or current ones can change their score. Just because you personally don’t like it doesn’t mean the majority doesn’t.
Dec 25, 2018 7:56 PM

Dec 2013
Because imo it exploits real life society's flaws.
Screw having to behave as what society deems as norm. Putting up fake fronts just to fit in a circle just so you can tell about it.
I relate with the MC most of the times because of his honesty and his lack of addiction to the social media.
BogdiDec 25, 2018 8:19 PM
Dec 25, 2018 7:56 PM

Oct 2017
speedgoergo said:
Honestly, if new watchers don’t like the show, they can simply give it a rating that isn’t 9/10, or current ones can change their score. Just because you personally don’t like it doesn’t mean the majority doesn’t.

i know that already. also 9/10 is a really high score even for the shows i do like. 4/10 and downwards are the shows i really dont like. even if i did like this show it would probably get a 5 or 6 but i absolutely hate it so its getting a 1 or 2 from me.
Dec 25, 2018 8:09 PM

Aug 2015
- It has amazing dialogue. "conversations feel completely unnatural and fake" Huh? Maybe you just haven't had many interesting conversations? lol. The dialogue is one of the main reasons why people like the show.

- Interesting characters. People love the cool but caring yet "disconnected" MC as we see in this show. It already saw success in SNAFU and many other shows. Mai is pretty much the perfect waifu for a lot of people. She's kind, understanding and a slight tease but not to the point where it becomes unrealistic. Lastly we have an amazingly cute imouto. People love imoutos.

- Good opening with a catchy song and nice visuals.

- People like the fact that it disguises itself - fooling people to believe that it's your average fanservice show. A show is usually more appreciated when the quality comes as a shock and not as something you expect beforehand - as that would raise the expectations.

- It's entertaining. It has a feel similar to shows like the Monogatari series, SNAFU and Just Because! At least for the latter, it makes this anime a pretty relaxing watch that is easy to digest unless you have a hard time dealing with slow-paced drama series.

- The anime uses complex theories within quantum mechanics to explain its story - something that is really interesting to those who know about it. While the weird time-travel-erased-from-existence plots are fun to watch on their own it becomes another thing once they introduce actual science to it.

- It's about a bunny girl, right? Of course people will love it.

- Did I say Kaede is best girl?
JokucDec 26, 2018 12:49 PM
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Dec 25, 2018 8:17 PM
Sep 2012
It's not like I think this anime is bad or anything like that, it's actually pretty enjoyable, but still... average score of 8.63? I find it unreasonable. This series isn't deep enough or even elaborate, it's way too generic with way too generic characters to deserve such high votes (but maybe my opinion is biased because I just finished watching Mo Dao Zu Shi which was, like, the best anime I've seen this year). To be frank, it felt a lot like watching some watered-down version of Steins;Gate mixed with Haruhi Suzumiya (tragedy excluded). Soundtrack isn't that good either. What I personally like the most is graphics and that puberty syndrome thing, but not to the point where I'd understand why people love the series so much.
Maybe it's because this season, I mean autumn, was overall pretty disappointing in general...?
LotusPetalDec 25, 2018 8:24 PM
Dec 25, 2018 8:26 PM

Jul 2016
atsushi96 said:
It's not like I think this anime is bad or anything like that, it's actually pretty enjoyable, but still... average score of 8.63? I find it unreasonable. This series isn't deep enough or even elaborate, it's way too generic with way too generic characters to deserve such high votes (but maybe my opinion is biased because I just finished watching Mo Dao Zu Shi which was, like, the best anime I've seen this year). Soundtrack isn't that good either. What I personally like the most is graphics and that puberty syndrome thing, but not to the point where I'd understand why people love the series so much.
Maybe it's because this season, I mean autumn, was overall pretty disappointing in general...?
yes you just biased. See the list top anime with Gintama. And its romcom supernatural, and likeable characters and great story overall. So the hating side is just the series is popular and they hate it. Same reasons.

Dec 25, 2018 8:30 PM
Sep 2012
chriskor022 said:
atsushi96 said:
It's not like I think this anime is bad or anything like that, it's actually pretty enjoyable, but still... average score of 8.63? I find it unreasonable. This series isn't deep enough or even elaborate, it's way too generic with way too generic characters to deserve such high votes (but maybe my opinion is biased because I just finished watching Mo Dao Zu Shi which was, like, the best anime I've seen this year). Soundtrack isn't that good either. What I personally like the most is graphics and that puberty syndrome thing, but not to the point where I'd understand why people love the series so much.
yes you just biased. See the list top anime with Gintama. And its romcom supernatural, and likeable characters and great story overall. So the hating side is just the series is popular and they hate it. Same reasons.

Actually, no. I dislike the series because compared to many good shows I've managed to watch in my life, like said Steins;Gate, this one just wasn't even near that level of perfection.
Dec 25, 2018 8:36 PM

Jul 2016
Steins gate is about time travel scifi stuff. And its great by the way.
But this is great in own way, tackles about character growth on their teens. About adolescenes to adulthood. Its not perfect but all anime are not perfect but, I think it is great series on its own.

Dec 25, 2018 8:41 PM
Sep 2012
Yeah that's the point --> I didn't see much growth. The characters just felt unreal to me, like plastic models, archetypes of typical anime personas with built-in personalities that are programmed to act in a specific way, like those that you see in many other shows, and not actual, real people.
As I said, I'm not insisting that this show was bad, I actually enjoyed it. I just don't understand why people love it so much as if it was some masterpiece. To me, it felt like something I'd call "top-tier average" if I do say so myself.
LotusPetalDec 25, 2018 9:08 PM
Dec 25, 2018 10:21 PM

Apr 2017
I like the show for its symbolism behind the puberty syndrome. It tells a semi interesting story with some meaning behind it. I can’t really hate on it too much. It’s one of the better shows of the season.
Dec 26, 2018 12:03 AM

Jul 2014
Uhm... because its actually good for me and obviously a lot of people here on MAL hence the score?
I mean if you dont like it then GTFO, simple right? when I dont like an anime I just drop it, I dont whine about it in a forum and ask for a legit reason on why people likes it but I dont, the burden of proof lies on you cause you're the one complaining, not the ones who are enjoying this, so dont go around telling people they should give you a good reason on why this is good, you're the one that has a problem with it, not us.
You must be a pretty boring guy if you think how the MC interacts with people is far from reality, I and a lot of people I know interacts with each other like this on a regular basis, unless you're a stiff serious person then I can see why you think this isnt normal.
Dec 26, 2018 1:55 AM

Jan 2017
I feel your pain OP. The same happens to me.

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

517 by parteeksingh »»
Apr 10, 6:32 AM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.