Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 19, 2018 5:38 PM

Feb 2014
I think it's best to Kaede having her "earlier" memory like this.

The :current" memories makes me cringe every time...

Also what will happen with the scar
Dec 19, 2018 5:40 PM

Feb 2013
-Mahesvara said:
caio_brb said:

The other one is a false personality created by amnesia tho So I'm glad that we'll never see her back again.
Rather than false, it was a new personality developed from a Kaede who had no memories, so its as real of a personality as any.

Of course, it's a real personality and all. But not really the real kaede which had most of the life on that body until amnesia appeared.
Dec 19, 2018 5:43 PM
Jan 2017
This is one of the best episodes of the show. Kaede's portrayal and her interactions with Sakuta add a new level of gravitas and nuance to the show, and it makes me more invested on Sakuta's efforts to help his sister. Apparently, Sakuta is worried that helping his sister overcome her trauma will change her irreversibly; but Kaede herself is forcing that change because deep down, she doesn't want to be alone forever. I like how Sakuta attempts to find a middle ground between the person Kaede is now and the person she used to be. Hopefully, the next episode will deliver a satisfying conclusion.
Dec 19, 2018 6:09 PM

Apr 2018
Mmmm after this ep I'm kinda confused:
If Kaede lost all of her memories about her past she doesn't even remember about being bullied, right? So why is she so scared? I understand they may have explained her the situation, but being told smth isn't the same as going through it yourself, so wasn't her fear of the outside a little bit of an exageration?
If someone could tell me if I'm missing smth I'd appreciate ;)
Dec 19, 2018 6:33 PM
Feb 2018
I miss the old Kaede, straight from the Go Kaede
Chop up the soul Kaede, set on her goals Kaede
I hate the new Kaede, the bad mood Kaede
The always rude Kaede, spaz in the news Kaede
I miss the sweet Kaede, chop up the beats Kaede
I gotta say, at that time I'd like to meet Kaede
See, I invented Kaede, it wasn't any Kaedes
And now I look and look around and there's so many Kaedes
I used to love Kaede, I used to love Kaede
I even had the pink polo, I thought I was Kaede
What if Kaede made a song about Kaede
Called "I Miss The Old Kaede"? Man, that'd be so Kaede
That's all it was Kaede, we still love Kaede
And I love you like Kaede loves Kaede

... I'm sorry, not sorry for posting this.
Dec 19, 2018 7:01 PM

Jan 2011
oof that ending i expected if they end on a note like that it'd be a bummer , personally i'm indifferent to this outcome it's a lose lose for Sakuta and everyone else which is depressing.

but up till this arc i did not care for Kaede since she was a walking bro-con trope that made me hate it every time she showed up now shes just a normal girl

so lets see how this ends hopefully it's a interesting outcome
Dec 19, 2018 7:14 PM

Oct 2017
how they heck did they just waltz into the school during the nighttime
Dec 19, 2018 7:40 PM

Sep 2017
Well, can't say I'm surprised it ended that way. I'm really looking forward to how original Kaede reacts to learning of everything.

I gotta say I really like how they handled Kaede's mental illness -if you will- of basically being a neet. I kinda didn't care too much about it before, but the last two episodes really made me care. There's a very simple ost they used when Kaede was walking down the street with Sakuta (and I think they used it last ep when Kaede went outside for the first time) and I gotta say I love it. It sets the somber mood so perfectly.

Also I can honestly feel for the parents a lot more now. The mom suffered a mental illness herself and so Dad had to get her out. I'm sure they were still paying for the house and such. It's not like they just abandoned their kids.
Dec 19, 2018 8:26 PM

Nov 2013
gonna miss adorable kaede :(
Dec 19, 2018 8:36 PM
Sep 2018
Am i the only one who noticed the drop in the animation quality?
Dec 19, 2018 9:08 PM
Jun 2016
So, basically, we get more about Kaede....

And what an ending...one more week to find out if Kaede is still Kaede....

Sad isn't it.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Dec 19, 2018 9:10 PM
Jun 2017
lets see how kaede will be able to surpass this one as in real life her condition is hard to deal with since its like your having 2 person in one body. im interested on how kaede will be in the last episode...
Dec 19, 2018 9:19 PM
Jan 2016
Another awesome episode!

Now we know the backstory about Kaeda's dissociative disorder, causing memory loss about everything, we saw aswell how Shouko is related to Kaeda and Sakuta, she helped Sakuta to acept her "new Kaeda", and made him the person he is today!

Poor Sakuta, have to be far away from Mai for 2 weeks! But he will wait everynight at phone for her calls!

After seeing Kaeda forcing herself so hard, he decided to confort her, visiting zoo with her, was a cool moment between both, and after that he take her to school at night, motivated her to go at day to school! And in morning she wakes up with old Kaeda personality, didn´t expect that, was cute aswell and i like her, definitely another person, but honestly i would prefer her with both memories!

Sakuta was really shocked, was completely how i feel aswell, clifhanger for next episode, lets wait to see how Sakuta will lead with this, and how it will finish!
Dec 19, 2018 9:23 PM

Feb 2008
This show has been great from the beginning. I think this has been my favorite arc so far as it really reveals Kaede's issues and troubles. I'm really curious how they'll tackle the "original vs current" Kaede in the next episode.
Dec 19, 2018 9:24 PM

Jan 2016
im very exicted to see sakuta's dad reaction to Mai as sakuta's gf xD

also

#NotMyKaede :(
Dec 19, 2018 9:28 PM

Jul 2009

#NotMyKaede
#BringBackPandaKaede

T-T
Dec 19, 2018 9:56 PM
Jun 2017
The last part made me cry so much
Dec 19, 2018 10:01 PM

Aug 2008
So much oniichan this episode...

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 19, 2018 10:07 PM
Oct 2018
I hope the old kaede will return...
Dec 19, 2018 10:09 PM

Dec 2016
Ohhhhhhhh nooooooooo!

I should've known it was coming lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 19, 2018 10:40 PM

Feb 2013
yoshu_ said:

also

Inugirlz said:

#NotMyKaede
#BringBackPandaKaede

T-T

BrandonDec 28, 2018 12:07 AM
Dec 19, 2018 10:51 PM

Dec 2014
Definitely the best arc till date, great episode again.

We finally got the full backstory for Kaede, I was kinda confused at the beginning cause for some reason I thought the Kaede story was happening right then and not as a flashback that Sakuta was telling Mai so it took me a good bit into this episode until I sorted that out and everything made sense.

It was real bittersweet to see Panda Kaede trying to do all the things she wanted to with the little time she had left. T.T
Love the way Sakuta handled everything from the Zoo visit to the stealth school visit.

That last scene was soul crushing. T.T
I mean this might be the 'real' Kaede but my Panda Kaede is just as real and I can't bear to see her gone. The best end to this arc would be if both 'Kaede's' merged into one cause the true Kaede is the one shaped by all her experiences.
Dec 19, 2018 11:02 PM

Apr 2007
caio_brb said:
yoshu_ said:

also

Inugirlz said:

#NotMyKaede
#BringBackPandaKaede

T-T

She's never going back. She was just a fake personality made by amnesia.

If you want a spoiler, that's it. Kaede never returns to her amnesiac state again.

How about not posting a spoiler because we didn't ask for one. Thanks.
Dec 19, 2018 11:34 PM

Aug 2013
nuuuuuuu, not the 'asa dayo onii-chan~' Kaede T_T
Dec 19, 2018 11:47 PM

Nov 2015
I'm so sad , most likely , Kaede swapped souls with someone else , and now they are back
Dec 19, 2018 11:55 PM

May 2015
So we're calling Dissociative Identity Disorder Pubety Syndrome now?

Hmm...For some reason, Sakuta's comical responses aren't as funny as they were before. Maybe it's because of the pacing and tone of this episode...

600 Yen admission to enter the Zoo? That's a good deal...

Sakuta and Kaede taking a tour around the city...

And Kaede loses her memories again, or rather is a different Kaede with the "Was my room always like this?" statement. We're going around in circles now. One more episode to go. Let's see how Sakuta solves this.
Dec 20, 2018 12:25 AM

May 2015
First 3 episodes of this show were really great.
Then there were some good episodes.

But last 2 episodes were kind of boring and repetitious. By now we have watched the same formula applied in several episodes and its not interesting anymore.

It would have been far better if the show focused on Mai & Sakuta relationship. But it was just put it in the background in favor of

the "Waifu of the Week" formula
Dec 20, 2018 12:46 AM
Dec 2018
Love this episode!. I think the point of this episode was the return of Kaede's memory. The way they build the plot to bring the memory back was so great. They put step by step on it, regardless the days jumping/skipping.
Eps by eps this show is being more and more interesting, can't wait to see how is 'real' Kaede's personality.

Last but not less, I WILL MISS CUTE KAEDE (T_T)
#NOTMYKAEDE
BloshanxcxDec 20, 2018 12:50 AM
Dec 20, 2018 12:49 AM

Jul 2012
What a load of shit
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2018 12:54 AM

Feb 2018
Just saying. Yurika Kubo's performances is awesome. When the voice changed from Panda Kaede and Old Kaede, i am suprised. So there is the reason why Kaede acted like Brocon Imouto. Kaede lost her memory and everyone couldn't accept it, even Sakuta at the beginning. But in the end only Sakuta who still care about her. It made her feeling to Sakuta changed. and now from what i saw from last scene. the real/old kaede is more mature and a bit have Sakuta behaviour.
Dec 20, 2018 1:14 AM

Jul 2016
Just a few seconds and already liked this Kaede more, it'd be nice if she stays like this and the fake one never comes back.
Dec 20, 2018 2:00 AM

Apr 2016
Goddamn what an episode.
Dec 20, 2018 2:09 AM
Aug 2017
darkling692 said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Ya know when we 1st saw Kaede in her school uniform she was wearing this.

And now we see her wearing this .

So does that means that she'll be transferring to another school???

She might've changed schools, or she was wearing the summer uniform. I hope she really transferred to another school. Staying in the same school where she was bullied makes no logic.

no, Kaede's old friend Kotomi wore the same uniform when she met her
Dec 20, 2018 2:16 AM

Apr 2012
I know I'm probably in the minority here but I'm glad Kaede returned back to normal. From the tone of her voice and demeanor; she seems confident and no longer needy and helpless. She's cured and that's something to be happy about.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Dec 20, 2018 2:55 AM

Jun 2016
so kaede is back, but why sakuta face telling me like something bad happen
Dec 20, 2018 3:27 AM

Nov 2010
Great job from the voice actress! She really portrayed the change well using a different tone in her voice.

Goodbye cute Kaede.
Dec 20, 2018 3:36 AM
Jul 2017
Definitely screamed my lungs out when Kaede wakes up at November 27th. I knew this would happen but I was not ready to shoulder it. The face of terror on Sakuta's face, that's me right there. Priceless twist
"To rule the time is to control the world" - Amane Suzuha
Dec 20, 2018 3:37 AM
Jul 2017
Fleeya said:
so kaede is back, but why sakuta face telling me like something bad happen

The Kaede that we all know is basically gone, confirming Sakuta's fear of her memories overwriting the current Kaede, reverting to the past Kaede
"To rule the time is to control the world" - Amane Suzuha
Dec 20, 2018 3:50 AM

Dec 2014
well the imouto arc is at its end...hmmm to bad she forgot her after memories...so sad only one episode left
Dec 20, 2018 4:14 AM

Jun 2017
SO Kaede 's original memories were returned and the memories of the other Kaede were erased, damn. What's gonna happen now I wonder. It's the last episode next week. I'm looking forward to the next episode very much.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Dec 20, 2018 4:16 AM
Nov 2018
DESTROY OLD KAEDE
DESTROY
DESTROY
DESTROY
DESTROY
PLEASE!
Dec 20, 2018 4:59 AM

Mar 2017
TALK ABOUT CLIFFHANGER.......................

The "Kaede" all this time was not the real Kaede, which gives a bit reasoning to her previous fan-servicey bro-con-like acts. I'm glad. I like reasoning.

The real Kaede's daring attitude as we can see in the last scene could give us hints about her past relationships at school.

---

On a side note, judging from this discussion, it's interesting to see how much moe tropes have a significance in character preference.

ramaseta said:
how they heck did they just waltz into the school during the nighttime

And this.
nr101Dec 20, 2018 5:15 AM
Dec 20, 2018 5:21 AM

Jul 2014
While I find it a bit odd that we're supposed to just accept that Kaede's old and new memories can't coexist, that plot point did make for a compelling episode with an impressive cliffhanger of an ending. Some more foreshadowing for Shoko's arc was also welcome and didn't feel overly out of place either.
Dec 20, 2018 5:25 AM

Dec 2009
Feel kinda bad that Kaede B dissapeared, but Kaede A doesn't have that annoying speech pattern so...
Dec 20, 2018 5:51 AM
May 2017
hah, I have been meaning to do this for a couple of weeks now:

About the anime, I haven't been interested in any other characters since Tomoe's arc ended. Having the ability to reset time, but without you being able to control it is something quite unique.

Tomoe's arc alone is something like 8/10, but I just couldn't make myselft to care about anything of the rest, so it wouldn't be fair for me to score the whole anime.
imSOuniqueDec 20, 2018 6:00 AM
Dec 20, 2018 6:09 AM
Jan 2018
Imagine waking up one day and not recognising any of your close family members, relatives and friends. Everyone wants the original you to return, and it just feels that no one is welcoming you and that you are not needed. Then your mum goes insane herself and is diagnosed with mental illness. The only person there for you was oni-san. NO WONDER KAEDE WAS SUCH A BROCON.

This show is 10/10 in going deep in every characters personality. It manages to pull off how scary it would be for someone to lose their memories, and showcases the terror in eventually losing one's old or new personality.

Think about this. If you are sakuta, no matter whether the original kaede returns, or the new kaede remains, hes still gonna lose something. Unless the author made it possible for the memories of the new kaede to be retained, which I fear is not possible
sfj4uDec 20, 2018 6:18 AM
Dec 20, 2018 6:12 AM
Dec 2018
I hope she wrote herself a note.
Dec 20, 2018 6:27 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
RogueShadow said:
I hope she wrote herself a note.

The diary is surely going to factor into the story next episode, like Isshuukan Friends.
Dec 20, 2018 6:32 AM

Aug 2018
nilagoreng said:
The real Kaede's daring attitude as we can see in the last scene could give us hints about her past relationships at school.

It's amazing how much you could tell about "Kaede-san's" personality with that one expression and line of dialogue. She'll be less child-like, but I'm not sure I'll like her as much...

Atavistic said:
While I find it a bit odd that we're supposed to just accept that Kaede's old and new memories can't coexist, that plot point did make for a compelling episode with an impressive cliffhanger of an ending. Some more foreshadowing for Shoko's arc was also welcome and didn't feel overly out of place either.

The show asks us to accept the various phenomena caused by AS with little explanation. Futuba provides some from time to time by the way of analogies to various scientific theories/concepts, but to me that's just window dressing. It's nice that the show makes an effort in that department, but IMO it's not essential to the drama.
Set SCE to AUX
Dec 20, 2018 6:38 AM

Mar 2017
Great episode. Everything that happened with Sakuta and Kaede in past was revealed. That explains Kaede's clingy personality.
So she went back to the old Kaede at the end of the episode. That sure is a completely different personality.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Yesterday, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

517 by parteeksingh »»
Apr 10, 6:32 AM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.