Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 20, 2018 4:16 AM
Nov 2018
DESTROY OLD KAEDE
DESTROY
DESTROY
DESTROY
DESTROY
PLEASE!
Dec 20, 2018 4:59 AM

Mar 2017
TALK ABOUT CLIFFHANGER.......................

The "Kaede" all this time was not the real Kaede, which gives a bit reasoning to her previous fan-servicey bro-con-like acts. I'm glad. I like reasoning.

The real Kaede's daring attitude as we can see in the last scene could give us hints about her past relationships at school.

---

On a side note, judging from this discussion, it's interesting to see how much moe tropes have a significance in character preference.

ramaseta said:
how they heck did they just waltz into the school during the nighttime

And this.
nr101Dec 20, 2018 5:15 AM
Dec 20, 2018 5:21 AM

Jul 2014
While I find it a bit odd that we're supposed to just accept that Kaede's old and new memories can't coexist, that plot point did make for a compelling episode with an impressive cliffhanger of an ending. Some more foreshadowing for Shoko's arc was also welcome and didn't feel overly out of place either.
Dec 20, 2018 5:25 AM

Dec 2009
Feel kinda bad that Kaede B dissapeared, but Kaede A doesn't have that annoying speech pattern so...
Dec 20, 2018 5:51 AM
May 2017
hah, I have been meaning to do this for a couple of weeks now:

About the anime, I haven't been interested in any other characters since Tomoe's arc ended. Having the ability to reset time, but without you being able to control it is something quite unique.

Tomoe's arc alone is something like 8/10, but I just couldn't make myselft to care about anything of the rest, so it wouldn't be fair for me to score the whole anime.
imSOuniqueDec 20, 2018 6:00 AM
Dec 20, 2018 6:09 AM
Jan 2018
Imagine waking up one day and not recognising any of your close family members, relatives and friends. Everyone wants the original you to return, and it just feels that no one is welcoming you and that you are not needed. Then your mum goes insane herself and is diagnosed with mental illness. The only person there for you was oni-san. NO WONDER KAEDE WAS SUCH A BROCON.

This show is 10/10 in going deep in every characters personality. It manages to pull off how scary it would be for someone to lose their memories, and showcases the terror in eventually losing one's old or new personality.

Think about this. If you are sakuta, no matter whether the original kaede returns, or the new kaede remains, hes still gonna lose something. Unless the author made it possible for the memories of the new kaede to be retained, which I fear is not possible
sfj4uDec 20, 2018 6:18 AM
Dec 20, 2018 6:12 AM
Dec 2018
I hope she wrote herself a note.
Dec 20, 2018 6:27 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
RogueShadow said:
I hope she wrote herself a note.

The diary is surely going to factor into the story next episode, like Isshuukan Friends.
Dec 20, 2018 6:32 AM

Aug 2018
nilagoreng said:
The real Kaede's daring attitude as we can see in the last scene could give us hints about her past relationships at school.

It's amazing how much you could tell about "Kaede-san's" personality with that one expression and line of dialogue. She'll be less child-like, but I'm not sure I'll like her as much...

Atavistic said:
While I find it a bit odd that we're supposed to just accept that Kaede's old and new memories can't coexist, that plot point did make for a compelling episode with an impressive cliffhanger of an ending. Some more foreshadowing for Shoko's arc was also welcome and didn't feel overly out of place either.

The show asks us to accept the various phenomena caused by AS with little explanation. Futuba provides some from time to time by the way of analogies to various scientific theories/concepts, but to me that's just window dressing. It's nice that the show makes an effort in that department, but IMO it's not essential to the drama.
Set SCE to AUX
Dec 20, 2018 6:38 AM

Mar 2017
Great episode. Everything that happened with Sakuta and Kaede in past was revealed. That explains Kaede's clingy personality.
So she went back to the old Kaede at the end of the episode. That sure is a completely different personality.
Dec 20, 2018 7:12 AM
Aug 2017
Why the cutest, most adorable little sister of this year suffers the most. (TT)(TT)(TT)(TT)(TT)(TT)
Can't wait for the next episode god damn it!!!!
Dec 20, 2018 8:18 AM

Jul 2009
Killuan said:
caio_brb said:

She's never going back. She was just a fake personality made by amnesia.

If you want a spoiler, that's it. Kaede never returns to her amnesiac state again.

How about not posting a spoiler because we didn't ask for one. Thanks.

Honestly =_=

Can I at least get a hybrid.
Dec 20, 2018 9:35 AM

Aug 2008
I think I like this Kaede better. Her voice was sickeningly sweet. Cloused sky was really heavy handed though.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Dec 20, 2018 9:52 AM

Apr 2018
i guess she has to meet with komi-chan now

its so heart breaking to have all this happen, when Kaede has been improving slowly but surely and working so hard ='(

Dec 20, 2018 10:05 AM
Dec 2017
The best arc as of yet. I hope for season 2.
Dec 20, 2018 10:52 AM

Nov 2013
Give us back Kawaiiede!
Dec 20, 2018 11:23 AM

Jan 2018
oh no, this show is going to be a LNbait isn't it, whatever I enjoyed the show so far! cant wait to see how it all ends
Dec 20, 2018 11:25 AM

Jul 2013
thank fuck annoying kaede is over and we're finally going to meet the real kaede
i already like her way more than the one with her ass hanging in the air while talking to her brother

Dec 20, 2018 12:28 PM
Jun 2013
This anime is great. So unique and well executed. It just makes you want to keep watching. I really hope it ends well for kaede. I want her to have her memories back but at the same time i want her to be the kaede we know and watched this whole season........ i want her to keep both her memories and personalities but idk how that is going to work. (I want my mom to slap me into next week so i can see the next episode lol)
Dec 20, 2018 12:52 PM

Aug 2018
Let's be honest; driving CGI cars is not really the strongest part oif this anime. But anyway, the trip to the zoo made up for it.

One more episode left. I feel like this whole story is just a dream of Sakuta as a plot-twist.
I mean the English title is afterall "Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai." :-P
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Dec 20, 2018 2:05 PM

Jan 2013
Damn :(
I feel so bad for Sakuta, he went through a lot and now this.
Kaede is so cute omg. That waking up pose haha xD

That ending was so sad, i just feel bad for him.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 20, 2018 2:13 PM

Feb 2018
Love the episode - my favorite one from all. Love the way they were playing with here name. I wasn't thinking about how she use her name to refer to herself (I thought it was a cute addition to the character) and that was the reason it hit me so hard after this episode (great plot twist in my opinion).

It struck me even more at the end of the episode. Expression on Sakuta's face was so fucking excruciating.

Just look at this rascal!
Dec 20, 2018 3:22 PM

Dec 2015
Am I the only one who loved this new kaede, wow that was a good change, but I guess the shy kaede would come back somehow, here we go, next chapter would be the last one, every seasson I am bore watching common animes, Ill definitely miss this one
Dec 20, 2018 4:19 PM

Aug 2014
That must be Ueno Zoo, I've been there in April and I think the entrance is the same and after the gate and near panda is similar.

Kaede changed back, and her voice changed O.o lool she acts like rascal now ;d
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 20, 2018 5:24 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I kinda like the real Kaede for some reason....But still, I'd rather she merge with kawaii Kaede
Dec 20, 2018 5:25 PM
Aug 2016
GIVE US THE OLD KAEDE BACK!! ;_;
Dec 20, 2018 5:26 PM

Apr 2012
We might find out next episode what kind of person the "original" is. This Kaede might be a total bitch that pissed a lot of people and have them attack her through social media.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Dec 20, 2018 6:37 PM

Nov 2017
- I just watched zombieland saga and found the same case, Sakura + Kaede had a same trouble, amnesia.. and when they got their old memories back.. they totally forgot when they lost their memories.
- but i preffer the old kaede (original Kaede) than new kaede..
Now Loading.....
Dec 20, 2018 6:53 PM

Sep 2015
The Imouto every weeb onii-chan want vs The Imouto every normal onii-chan have
Dec 20, 2018 9:36 PM

Jul 2016
Something confuses me a bit here...

So, she made herself lose her memories so as to stop the pain from the online bullying thing.

Now that she's finished her list of things to do to improve herself, she reverts back to the old Kaede but the current Kaede's memories are now gone and it seems like her old memories are back too. But then wouldn't that mean that she remembers the bullying again? And she forgets all the practicing current Kaede did with Sakuta? Why would Puberty Syndrome do this to her?

Dec 20, 2018 11:00 PM

Sep 2009
This ep got me really pissed off with all that Kaede wants this, Kaede that, fucken stupid speech pattern!!! And tbh, that ending was predictable af. Total disappointment of episode.
Dec 21, 2018 3:10 AM
Nov 2018
Her memories of this time would disappear because she gets her memories of the past back? That's ridiculous.

Still enjoyable. But I had hoped we would get to see another girl with a magical problem. This is his little sister, and it's weird how many Japanese apparently drool over such incestuous relationships.

Bring back the magic! But without scientific explanations that have nothing to do with the real science, like that odd explanation about Schrodinger's Cat, which just butchered the concept. That is the weakest point of the series. But it's still good, of course. Great art, good characters.
Dec 21, 2018 4:42 AM

Sep 2018
This was such a heartbreaking episode, a kind of assisted suicide.

Sakuta knew what one of the possible outcomes would be, and Kaede came to know it too.

But still they kept going :-(

And wow, what's with the hate for Kaede's alternate personality?
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Dec 21, 2018 5:10 AM

Apr 2017
For such a wonderfully interesting concept, and an amazingly executed first few episodes, it pains me greatly to come to the realisation.

This anime is fucking awful.

I think the writer must have fallen and hit his head somewhere around finishing the script for the 5th episode, because good god, did the quality drop.

Every single character, lost their basic mental faculties, and opted to lose their personality, so they could replace it with stupid one line gimmicks.

The drama in particular, is absolutely god awful. How the fuck do people find this emotional? Someone told kaede to die on the internet, and now she's a fucking amnesia patient, because "puberty syndrome", which btw is never actually explained, just shoved in our faces with the apparent intent that we're supposed accept it for what it is, and not question it any further. These hamfisted pathetic attempts at being emotional killed my drive to actually enjoy the show.

Sakuta in particular is incredibly disappointing. For somebody who had a few actual interesting monologues in the first few episodes, its sad to see his screen time delegated to "oh mai-san", "i'll miss u mai-san!!", "i love u mai-san~". Every character in this entire show is unlikeable, 1 dimensional and boring. Even the characters they spent episodes building up, disappeared, and are now irrelevant.

I suppose this is what the author gets for attempting to finish the romance drama early, and try to replace with something far less interesting. Perhaps the author should stick to writing fan fiction.

Disappointing. No hopes for the final episode.

make yourself comfortable, i'll be done in just a few decades
Dec 21, 2018 6:17 AM
Jul 2014
MayInu said:
Idk, but Sakuta was too shocked. He knew she might be regaining her memories, so I don't see why he would react like that if that was the original Kaede.

Maybe because he was used to the "current" Kaede. I mean, he lived with her for a few years and she basically was a new person.
Dec 21, 2018 6:27 AM

Sep 2018
dathanime said:
MayInu said:
Idk, but Sakuta was too shocked. He knew she might be regaining her memories, so I don't see why he would react like that if that was the original Kaede.

Maybe because he was used to the "current" Kaede. I mean, he lived with her for a few years and she basically was a new person.

Knowing you're likely to lose someone doesn't make the event less impactful does it ?
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Dec 21, 2018 7:38 AM

Dec 2014
its an ok episode
but an ok episode of this anime means it still has many quality moments
the show is coming to an end and i need more sakuta-mai interaction
so sad she went to a film shoot instead
hope the last ep makes up for this

::jojo is the only other anime im watching this season
early new year wishes everyone!!!

Send me Friend requests!!!!
Dec 21, 2018 8:44 AM

Apr 2018
akiba-kei said:
This ep got me really pissed off with all that Kaede wants this, Kaede that, fucken stupid speech pattern!!! And tbh, that ending was predictable af. Total disappointment of episode.

watch Mother's Basements 'What Bunny Girl Senpai is Really About' if you didnt pick it up on your own

Dec 21, 2018 9:31 AM
May 2018
I'm getting all teary 😢 due to Kaede.
And over that comes rascal Sakuta's shocked 😲 face multiplying it.
This anime is totally fluctuating my emotions.
As much I hate that, It's a really sad arc. This one.

Nothing to say except, it's great!
Dm7 Was Here

Dec 21, 2018 9:38 AM

Jan 2016
Can't say I'm slightly disappointed. I'm glad that Puberty Syndrome isn't really the issue here (although still remaining relevant) but Disassociative Identity Disorder, a genuine mental health disorder, is, but it played out really predictable. I could tell something was going to go wrong in the final minutes of the episode, it was so obvious. Now, the issue will be solved next episode. Rinse and repeat.
Dec 21, 2018 10:18 AM

Sep 2009
metalfacedkid said:
akiba-kei said:

watch Mother's Basements 'What Bunny Girl Senpai is Really About' if you didnt pick it up on your own

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
Dec 21, 2018 11:54 AM

Apr 2013
You dudes patting yourselves on the back for predicting the return of real Kaede are giving yourselves too much credit. This episode was predictable in the extreme. Even Sakuta taking her to the zoo in lieu of the school, and later taking her to the school at night were totally obvious. Still a good ep though, the best ep in the last half of the season for sure.
Dec 21, 2018 12:18 PM
Oct 2017
Kaede made a lot of strides today.

We get to see the back story of how the current situation came to pass.

And Kaede lost her current memories and regained her lost ones?
Dec 21, 2018 3:38 PM

Apr 2018
akiba-kei said:
metalfacedkid said:

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

oops sorry i meant this dude

Hegar said:

Bring back the magic! But without scientific explanations that have nothing to do with the real science, like that odd explanation about Schrodinger's Cat, which just butchered the concept. That is the weakest point of the series. But it's still good, of course. Great art, good characters.

Dec 21, 2018 4:17 PM

Dec 2009

I must say that was a rather impactful moment. I'm not sure how many people noticed that, and i'm not entirely sure if this ever happens in real life in this kind of situation,

but the partial memory recall and only half of her face actually responding to it, was a very powerful and almost frightening depiction of her brain not working correctly. And promptly concluded with her passing out, sealing the deal on her need to go to the hospital and get hooked up to EEG.

I'd hate to have to be Sakuta in this situation... It's a true testament to how much balls he's got, seeing all this messed up shit happening to his cute sister yet still keeping his cool.
GenesisAriaDec 21, 2018 4:23 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 21, 2018 7:05 PM

Jan 2008
In a way, that diary was a bucket list that was completed before Kaede's "death"...

Her shift in her tone was very distinctive, as if the previous Kaede personality is gone for good. I'm not sure who I should be rooting for; the cute and lovable overly-attached imouto, or for her getting her memories back and return to just being an ordinary younger sister. Current younger sister is not cute at all. If only they could make her two personalities merge back into one and keep both old and new memories, sort of like what they did with Futaba.
Dec 21, 2018 7:05 PM

Jun 2015
Sakuta's expression when his sister recovers her memory is arguably the funniest thing of the show so far. Oh no, she's no longer completely dependent and making dick jokes?
Dec 21, 2018 8:46 PM

Sep 2009
ultimatefujoshi said:
For such a wonderfully interesting concept, and an amazingly executed first few episodes, it pains me greatly to come to the realisation.

This anime is fucking awful.

I think the writer must have fallen and hit his head somewhere around finishing the script for the 5th episode, because good god, did the quality drop.

Every single character, lost their basic mental faculties, and opted to lose their personality, so they could replace it with stupid one line gimmicks.

The drama in particular, is absolutely god awful. How the fuck do people find this emotional? Someone told kaede to die on the internet, and now she's a fucking amnesia patient, because "puberty syndrome", which btw is never actually explained, just shoved in our faces with the apparent intent that we're supposed accept it for what it is, and not question it any further. These hamfisted pathetic attempts at being emotional killed my drive to actually enjoy the show.

Sakuta in particular is incredibly disappointing. For somebody who had a few actual interesting monologues in the first few episodes, its sad to see his screen time delegated to "oh mai-san", "i'll miss u mai-san!!", "i love u mai-san~". Every character in this entire show is unlikeable, 1 dimensional and boring. Even the characters they spent episodes building up, disappeared, and are now irrelevant.

I suppose this is what the author gets for attempting to finish the romance drama early, and try to replace with something far less interesting. Perhaps the author should stick to writing fan fiction.

Disappointing. No hopes for the final episode.

That's anime nowadays, and it seems to work out since many people likes the show.
Dec 21, 2018 9:25 PM
Sep 2017
Interesting twist. I like how they're now showing the negatives of curing someone from Adolescence Syndrome. Very emotional episode. Can't imagine what episode 13 will be like. Poor Sakuta...
Dec 22, 2018 8:54 AM

Apr 2018
I am so hyped for the last episode. This anime is just 10/10. #bringpandakaedeback
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.