Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 24, 2018 11:57 AM

Feb 2017
thanks for the shitshow 2/10
not giving 1 because atleast they tried to complete what they started and for the ridiculous drawing
evonieeDec 24, 2018 12:02 PM

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Dec 25, 2018 4:25 AM

Aug 2008
final episode 3/5, overall 2/10

if the series had the consistent animation and nice still frames as those first eight minutes of this finale, it could've had a shot at an overall 5 or 6 outta 10.

characters were very average, with the cliche of "i always had that thing i was lacking (in this case, a sense of imouto moe) in me this entire time" being the climax felt very anti-climatic. the ahegao double peace arc felt a bit random since it added more girls to the harem that really didn't have an impactful reason to fall for the main protag in the first place. not much development for the cast over the 10 episodes except main protag who remembered what type of person he was. in all honesty, the anime could have a major improvement just going from the premise of the show to the finale premise within two episodes. the rest of the cast other than the oniichan and the imouto and their interactions only felt like shallow filler.

something like: protag finds out imouto is a prodigy writer, imouto proxies protag to be her stand-in author, after meeting the editor really questions/pressures if protag is the imouto writer, and from there protag has the realization of what was imouto moe. that seems very doable in three episodes.

ep1 intro to premise with cliffhanger of editor questioning protag, ep2 protag asking imouto what makes her tick, trying to understand and emulate it through various events/dates, and present his understanding to editor with cliffhanger of editor saying protag isn't the imouto writer. ep3 protag goes through a redemption to truly understand his sister and imouto moe, does the bs where the answer was in him all along by some random remembering in the park and some conflict with imouto since they somehow got into a fight beforehand (i'll even fish an idea - protag goes back to imouto after being denied by editor, and he starts shutting everyone out since he realizes how inept he is at writing, and he lashes out at imouto, prompting her to get hurt and run away; protag wallows in self pity, and while going through imouto's room to try to understand how much of a douche he was and how he should apologize, he remembers all the effort that they went through in ep2 of trying to get protag to unlock his potential, and also remembers in the past how much of a nice big bro he was that would even cause imouto to get inspiration to be the writer of an imouto series, and he goes off to retrieve imouto who, as previously mentioned, cried and ran out of the house). the conclusion would be something along the lines of protag realizing imouto moe is wanting to put the effort into the imouto, like wanting to protect, since the imouto wants to put the effort into you.

which, as a side note, isn't really imouto moe but just moe in general, but with the caveat that it's with an imouto. maybe imouto moe being more popular than other types of moe would be that imouto's are there from the get-go, or that they're kin that you'd want to protect kind of like how parents want to protect their children. i mean that's what moe is - the feeling of wanting to protect, and biologically speaking animals want to protect their kin or kids the most. imouto's being a little different from kids since they're closer in age to the oniichan's so it has less of a pedo feel, and can be character-developed more than babies so to speak. also, considering japan's low birth-rate, the target audience would be more likely to be able to protect a younger sibling than a child since they're most likely not parents.

of course it'd cut the majority of the cast, but when they're this underdeveloped their existence only seems like padding.
Dec 25, 2018 7:10 AM
Oct 2018
what was the childhood promsie that yuu and nagami made?
Dec 26, 2018 8:06 PM

Sep 2014
god, I fucking love this anime. cute, funny, sympathetic story of the studio's troubles, lots of "oni-chans" that make you squeal with excitement, sad at times...pretty fucking great I must say.
Jan 1, 2019 11:53 PM

Dec 2016
Very glad this is over now and only 10 ep long, this started off great and I really enjoyed it but just kept getting worse and worse.

Very disappointed how it dropped off so much.

Ahego Double Peace = worst girl this season, she was a complete idiot, I hated her character and needed to turn the volume down 90% whenever she spoke, her voice was probably the most annoying I have ever heard.

2nd worst girl this season is shared by everyone else in this show.

4/10
Jan 3, 2019 4:27 PM
Jan 2017
i think this anime is similar with ero manga senseri or oreimo,,
talking imouto huh?..
its always be interesting content,, but there is far from perfect but still gud to be enjoyed,,
yeah the story isnt that boring,, there a part when i can enjoy and feel happy with it,, but still has cute chara and simple plot story,, overal its gud,,
Jan 5, 2019 8:43 PM

Feb 2014
Being and incest + ecchi anime I think this was nice.

Specially because they are real siblings (not "giri") and the ending was fulfilling in a certain way (wasn't something like "let's back everything to the way it was"), regarding their relationship.

I think this anime is underrated, but I bet art and animation are to blame for people hating the anime. Though art and animation gets better in this last episode, at least.
TechOtakuJan 6, 2019 8:33 AM
Jan 9, 2019 6:13 AM

Aug 2015
Even when putting the laughable animation aside, this anime was so bad I almost couldn't take it. Some scenes were so stupid I just wanted to rip my hair out. The entire thing was just one big facepalm. Eromanga Sensei was 100 times better and Oreimo 1000.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jan 16, 2019 7:56 AM

Mar 2016
3/10 - much better than Conception, though that isn't saying much.
Feb 8, 2019 9:15 AM

Feb 2014
I like trashy ecchi shows like this one, and TBH the animation and faces didn't bother me that much besides episode 9, Ahegao and Mai had some sexy scenes, laughed at jokes a few times, I won't be too harsh on it, 5/10.
Mar 3, 2019 7:21 AM
Mar 2017
I wish this was a hentai than an actual anime.

7/10
Mar 18, 2019 7:49 AM

Apr 2011
Good thing that was over. This series tells how much overwork and underpaid animators are. The only thing that's really bad was the animation being work by just one guy. I could really enjoy it if the animation wasn't horrible.

Another good thing is that the DVD/BD copies fixed the animation.

Oh. I just read that the special will be nice. Fanservice wise.

5/10
Jun 25, 2019 11:12 AM

Sep 2008
Took me 6 months to get around to watching this last episode.

It was funny seeing the messed up art and animation in every episode. I think that was the biggest thing that kept me coming back for more.

Also this last episode had some funny moments. Not too bad.
Aug 3, 2019 3:11 AM

Aug 2018
Show was derpy all around, and sometimes it was too hilarious.. Overall, I am ok with this show as an ecchi comedy, though drawing, yeah - could be better.. Still I laughed quite a lot, whether to jokes, or how absurd stuff was, sometimes in good sense of absurdity, and sometimes how bad it was.. Characters had some charm to them, though sometimes could also make me say "wtf".. In the end, though, if I'd lower score by 1,5 points to drawing, I'd give this anime 7, I think.. Not bad show, was quite enjoyable, actually..
Aug 14, 2019 9:39 AM

Jul 2014
That plot twist was kino.

The show was bad, but it wasn't horrible. Besides the animation, it wasn't that much worse than OreImo or Eromanga Sensei.
Oct 3, 2019 3:54 PM

Oct 2012
So bad it was so good.

In the end I can't rate this high because of the horrible animation quality and ridiculous developement but at least in four ending episodes I found this anime strengly enjoyable. And at least the conclusion was actually a bit good (minus the animation ofc). The ridiculousness of some scenes was certainly golden and I kinda liked the characters too. It was bad but satisfyingly bad.

4/10
Oct 13, 2019 11:47 PM

Oct 2019
And I thought Aki-Sora was bad...at least that was somewhat entertaining and sexy. This mess however...only thing that bumped it up by 2 marks were the hilarious animation mistakes. Fuck, I would have given it a 4 had they been intentional! But nope. 3/10
Oct 13, 2019 11:51 PM

Oct 2019
Mich666 said:
So bad it was so good.

In the end I can't rate this high because of the horrible animation quality and ridiculous developement but at least in four ending episodes I found this anime strengly enjoyable. And at least the conclusion was actually a bit good (minus the animation ofc). The ridiculousness of some scenes was certainly golden and I kinda liked the characters too. It was bad but satisfyingly bad.

4/10

Oh my, I agree with you on the 'satisfyingly bad' part, but for entirely different reasons😂
(See the above post)
Jan 4, 2020 8:04 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Man, this show fall apart really fast with the animation. Although it bad, I had low expectation and I'm glad I was able to finish it.

I was looking for that anime that's far worse than Mahou Sensou
On to the next anime...
Jan 10, 2020 5:51 PM

Aug 2017
IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT THE DIRECTOR IS SAKURA'S BROTHER.

A pile of garbage. 1/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 21, 2020 8:25 PM
May 2019
One of the worst TV-anime I have ever seen. Absolutely despised everything about it, couldn't even get a chuckle out of me either... That's not saying a lot, however, since this show was clearly designed to be complete and utter garbage. But seriously, how did they manage to make it THIS boring!? Never would I think that ten episodes of a show would be this painful to sit through. Almost gave me a headache.
Jun 6, 2020 8:28 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Thats it, then, the little story of brother love his moe sister. In the first sight was good. At last Yuu release all of his feelings, even in such an embarased moment like that. Sadly i don't even know wtf the promise he gave to his sister. Such a common MC do that amnesia thing to close the cased. What a jerk whoever make this narration! Then more embarased moment appear. That M Sakura's brother really surprising with his motives. I guess its standard for a weird show like these. All of the abnornal will be normal in one glances if you dont care enough. I can understand that shit well. To end the era, we back to see every girls walking together like a harem parade, without even any hesitations between all of them. I just can't stop laughing, while Suzuka just danced innocently while her brother really enjoying his harem much.

An okay ending. Thats great for not turning this into a mild hentai. Because if they do that, 4 points must be certainly added without any pleas. Fortunately, the ending satisfied me well. Both of the sibblings happy, wish they keep forever happy like that, as always come from a mainstream rom-com show. From that point, i decide to give the story section a solid 6 as my gratitude. It will be better if the story dont go random and do such a cringe shit like in episodes 6-9. Thats my opinion for this little show.

Too bad, not every section get my gratitudes. Because, yeah, ofc the art and animations can't satisfied me well. Whereas the big point came from this section, NAZ fails to accomplish what weebo need. With that said much, its obvious to say that this show overall points of art must be below 4. Thats it.

Only good for this show was the music, sounds, and together make the characterization somehow nice to be follow up. Beside the OP and ED feels generic, i guess its better than nothing. Its somehow feels catchy, somehow filled with the character emotions. Then, to make it simple, i decided to give those sections a standard 7 on the mean rated.

Enjoyment? Its like my average show. However, when i enjoy the music and love the comedical sound by Yuu VA's, my point bump up a bit to 6. Thats enough point i gues. And then, for the complete points, i decide, once again, use a mean rate. By rating all of those section, i am hoping to fill the show a balance score by me. Exaggerating? Whatever. I really need to show this show a love, while every people hate much with this little show.

With that conclude, the score goes to add all the point from all of the sections: 6+4+7+6= 5.75 overall points. Guess the 6 points is enough to close the gap. Welp, thats it, then! Maybe i take the scores too high for some people. But, my point still biased on some level of judgement. So it still understandable. Remembering my favourites genres are all on this show, yeah, the full mean scores indeed the right decision. And ofc, 6 per 10 is better than some haters sickness who just say this awful cartoon horrible. Even if i aggreed some, i dont actually 100 percent aggree. So, yeah, 6 points suits enough to my perspective.

Time to go again, to see another horrible cartoon from Japanese, out there!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 6, 2020 3:01 PM

May 2013
The art & animation seemed a little better than the dumpster fire of the previous 9 episodes, aside from ~8.35 where Yuu thinks he's a character from boku no hero and phases through a wall.

Pretty poor showing all in all, not even sure more time to work on it would have even been much help.
Apr 23, 2021 6:01 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The animation was horrible, the story was senseless, the fanservice was awful, well overall nothing good from this anime. 2/10
May 15, 2021 5:52 AM

May 2020
Very ugly and boring, I wish this was satire
May 26, 2021 3:53 PM

Jul 2019
shitter and booring anime loooool.

Idk why I spent time on this, but hey, at least I watched something bad. Can't call this true trash tho.

4/10
Jun 11, 2021 11:35 AM

May 2018
Wow the last episode had good animation! What an intense battle between Yuu and Sakarada-san as well! Imouto moe is truly the best! The best fight this year for sure.

6/10 terrible adaptation but I love imoutos so it all balances out somehow?
Aug 20, 2021 2:45 PM

Jan 2021
I don’t hate this show, but 1/10. I was bored out of my mind, I even dropped it at one point
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Apr 30, 2022 7:32 AM

Mar 2020
This series is like a mix between OreImo and Eromanga-sensei for sure. Still enjoy it because of the siscon-story but the animation is damn...
nice
Nov 6, 2022 7:07 AM

Apr 2013
I can't believe I somehow made it through this show. Definitely one of the worst anime I've ever watched and after the last two episodes I feel good giving this a 1/10.
Jun 17, 2023 2:25 AM
May 2021
Masterpiece 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥😂
Jul 24, 2023 10:45 PM
Nov 2018
Good anime for imouto lovers like me
8/10✨✨
Nov 15, 2023 12:01 PM
May 2021
REV_LEFTy said:
Good anime for imouto lovers like me
8/10✨✨

Hahaha Facts bro!
Dec 9, 2023 8:23 PM

Nov 2023
Well this was below mid anime. It was shit. It's like an adult anime animations adapted this source.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore ga Suki nano wa Imouto dakedo Imouto ja Nai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2018

53 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:22 PM

Poll: » Ore ga Suki nano wa Imouto dakedo Imouto ja Nai Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

46 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:22 PM

Poll: » Ore ga Suki nano wa Imouto dakedo Imouto ja Nai Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2018

38 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:21 PM

Poll: » Ore ga Suki nano wa Imouto dakedo Imouto ja Nai Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2018

47 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:20 PM

Poll: » Ore ga Suki nano wa Imouto dakedo Imouto ja Nai Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

47 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.