Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 18, 2018 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn it, Clown and their plans....seems they still had weapons up in their sleeves.

In the meantime, the episode also reveals of V and their moves. Ayato got some screen time this episode. I almost forgot he exists in this show Heh, even though I'm not a fan of him, what he did this episode does some respect.
Dec 18, 2018 9:03 AM

Jan 2018
I am going to ignore all the rushed pacing and focuse only on one person in the next episode
Dec 18, 2018 9:04 AM

May 2018
1 more to go and they better not be making a spin-off or another season.
Dec 18, 2018 9:07 AM

Sep 2018
Finally we are before the last episode and then we can wait 8 year or so with the hope that one day a studio that can adapt manga, will reboot Tokyo ghoul so we get the Anime the Manga deserves
Dec 18, 2018 9:18 AM

Aug 2015
So much montion blur, shaking camera, and poor animation monents in this show.
Guess Studio Clown blew all they budget on Black Clover Episode 63.
I won't be surpise if the final episode is the same poorly animated shit.
Dec 18, 2018 9:52 AM

Apr 2017
Pacing still shit, can't really fix that this late though.

As far as the episode goes, I was really worried about the fights not being done well enough in this episode, but they turned out pretty solid imo. Donato Vs Amon didn't feel as emotional as it did in the manga, but that might be because I knew what happened.

Uta Vs Yomo is one of the cutest rivalries ever and I love them both. Really liked how that turned out animated, still a little fast imo, but that's the entirety of this show..

Nec possum tecum vivere, nec sine te. <3

With the next episode being the last, I can only hope that they do the final fight well and hopefully in a few years we'll get a remake that doesn't fuck everything. The last few episodes have been pretty good for the most part besides the pacing though, so I'm at least happy that the ending is better than I had originally expected.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Dec 18, 2018 10:09 AM

Jul 2017
Oh geez, saying that renji vs uta fight was done badly would be praising it

Well at least the OST this season isn't too shabby
Dec 18, 2018 10:24 AM

Aug 2017
It seems that the animation is shit again -.-

1 episode more to put an end to my misery.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 18, 2018 10:25 AM

Jun 2014
Thank god this disaster is almost over.

Also, I'm willing to bet we'll hear Unravel in some capacity in the finale. We've heard it at some point during every season so far to the point that I feel like Pierrot is contractually obligated to include it, so why not do it for the final fight in the final episode of Tokyo Ghoul that will ever be made? Unless, of course, there's a remake.....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 18, 2018 10:29 AM
Oct 2017

bottom text
Dec 18, 2018 10:38 AM

Nov 2016
Uta vs Renji was underwhelming compared to the manga which is unfortunate cause it was my fav part, but it was still surprsingly good for this adaptations standards.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 18, 2018 11:06 AM
Mar 2011
Yorakirro said:
Pacing still shit, can't really fix that this late though.

As far as the episode goes, I was really worried about the fights not being done well enough in this episode, but they turned out pretty solid imo. Donato Vs Amon didn't feel as emotional as it did in the manga, but that might be because I knew what happened.

Uta Vs Yomo is one of the cutest rivalries ever and I love them both. Really liked how that turned out animated, still a little fast imo, but that's the entirety of this show..

Nec possum tecum vivere, nec sine te. <3

With the next episode being the last, I can only hope that they do the final fight well and hopefully in a few years we'll get a remake that doesn't fuck everything. The last few episodes have been pretty good for the most part besides the pacing though, so I'm at least happy that the ending is better than I had originally expected.

Well I'm holding my breath for the last fight since the manga treated it so horribly. This series redeems itself a little for me if they have an actual fight instead of the constant off screen crap the manga pulled.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Dec 18, 2018 11:17 AM

Apr 2017
the only somewhat good part about this episode was the uta/yomo fight. by far still underwhelming compared to the manga but it wasn't done as horribly as it could have been.
Dec 18, 2018 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
from worse to worst !! just adapt my little Ichika
Dec 18, 2018 12:10 PM

Aug 2013
Studio Pierrot handling 3 episodes this week, Tokyo ghoul :Re,Boruto and Black Clover ,yet they all sucked hard! what kind of animators this studio have!
Dec 18, 2018 12:38 PM

Jul 2015
Again Studio Pierrot managed to deliver za middle finger to everyone
Dec 18, 2018 12:43 PM

Jun 2009
Is it just me or why does it all feel so rushed? People (re)appearing, dying, next.... dunno.Think they lost focus.
Dec 18, 2018 12:47 PM

Jun 2017
It was alright I guess, still pretty bad but at least it slowed down somewhat.
Dec 18, 2018 1:00 PM

Dec 2017
alright, thank you very much for showing 2 fights without providing ANY fucking backstory to them. this is seriously a joke, they didn't show anything of the past of Renji and Uta nor Amon and Donato. what is a regular non-manga viewer supposed to feel towards some random ass characters?
Dec 18, 2018 1:12 PM

Feb 2013
The ending of the fight between Amon and Donato was ok.
Dec 18, 2018 1:26 PM

Jan 2017
Me, being solely an anime watcher for Tokyo ghoul, had found it to be alrigh, a little lacklustre, but alright.
Felt the same issues, like stupid pacing and weird storyline but, it was going good. That being said, bar the animation 'cause studio Pierrot is great in the consistency of being absolute shite (f**qin' meme review clap that one)

This episode changed that... The premise for Tokyo ghoul has been an interesting one -exploring binary opposition's and discrimination; in the form of ghoul persecution- I loved that.
However, things have become a little monster hunter:
These dragons and owls and shit... The original owl made sense for some reason but the rest felt out of place.
The OP kagune designs eemed amazing, I really gotta see Uta's design in the manga

and naruto-esque with theme of sensory Jutsus and genjutsus, that the elements of ghouls capabilities seems to have gotten lost. I had little issue with them being able to fire projectiles, but this cranks this up a notch too far.

In other cases, yomo renji is the kakashi of Tokyo ghoul... He's just dope. Can't go wrong with him.
Uta, on the the other hand, WTF! You were dope but then you had play the irrelevant villain... He probably had a purpose, but the anime adaptation did not convey that whatsoever. Why?
tidoesstuffDec 18, 2018 1:31 PM
Dec 18, 2018 1:46 PM

Nov 2008
Whelp Re Season 2 is getting a 10/10 from me, because I got all my wishes in it.

Also I can care less about the pacing because I treat it as its own series.
HollowIchigo58Dec 18, 2018 1:56 PM
Dec 18, 2018 2:06 PM
Feb 2017
Need a new season haha ! :D
Dec 18, 2018 2:45 PM
Mar 2015
What a love fest Crying as you kill them
Dec 18, 2018 3:20 PM

Mar 2016
I just noticed it this episode, but the way they use colours and lights is actually quite bad. Like, in the scene where Kimi and the ghouls were discussing about the dragon, they used a calm twilight-ish colours. It doesn't create the right atmosphere. They should have lit the scene with the red glow of the dragon, and the cold bluish artificial lights in the building.
Most of the other scenes are too bright. It would have been better to have dark and high contrast lighting for most of those.

Itori was supposed to explain about the clowns, but they removed it. Without that explanation, the clowns are just evil characters.

I don't remember powers shooting out of the kagunes in the manga. Did that ever really happen in it?

In the manga (Japanese version), Ayato was supposed to scream "KANEKI, SUSUMEEeee!!!!" Can't believe they cut that part out.

I have to say something good as well about this episode, because I am not digging for things I can hate. The shot where Yomo had his face covered with his hair when he was talking to Uta, his mouth and the skin on his neck moved at the same time. I love it when animators pay attention to those little details.
Dec 18, 2018 4:01 PM

Oct 2015
Such emotional battles and all of them had good back stories behind them! Those Uta tattoos were greatly done, I liked them.

Finally the final battle begins, I hope Furuta wins (wishful thinking).

Good episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 18, 2018 5:25 PM

Mar 2013
I don't understand... why uta is fighting renji? Why donato isn't on the prison? did I miss something?
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Dec 18, 2018 7:33 PM
Apr 2017
BLaCkGuN69 said:
I don't understand... why uta is fighting renji? Why donato isn't on the prison? did I miss something?

Uta is a member of the Clowns. And Donato escaped Coachlea during the part when Kaneki was freeing Hinami from Coachlea
Dec 19, 2018 3:24 AM

Jul 2017
Only one more episode people. We can somehow make it out alive.
Dec 19, 2018 3:51 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
animejas said:
Only one more episode people. We can somehow make it out alive.

Yup, just one more episode and then this abomination will finally end!
An odd episode in terms of pacing and animation issues yet again.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 19, 2018 4:01 AM

Mar 2014
"Tokyo Ghoul:who"