Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2018 1:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, out of all the episodes of this arc, episode 63 turns out be one of the most dynamic imo in terms of the action content.

It only took a few minutes but Asta immediately jumps into action to show how serious he is in his fight. Best episode in this arc so far imo, maybe even the entire series. If there's one thing, Asta really let his anger erupt ...literally.
Dec 18, 2018 3:37 AM

Apr 2018
OMG!!!! PHENOMENAL EPISODE! Godly animation, insane action, pure sakugafest!

Better than the manga imo, best anime episode of the year material here
Dec 18, 2018 4:05 AM
Jul 2017
Bruh, Now there is another cliffhanger. My heart is dying. I didn't expect there to be another antagonist. (Haven't read the manga)
Dec 18, 2018 4:09 AM

Jan 2012
Holy shit I think that were the worst animations in anime history but so epic!!!

Dec 18, 2018 4:22 AM

Oct 2017
They tried to pull a Mob Psycho 100, but eh, not bad for a continuing series.
Dec 18, 2018 4:35 AM
Mar 2016
Fate Apocrypha flashbacks in this one.
Dec 18, 2018 4:38 AM
Mar 2016
Hanfos said:
Holy shit I think that were the worst animations in anime history but so epic!!!

Animation =/= art. The animation was good, the art was very distorted so that they could make the animation as fluid as it was.
Dec 18, 2018 4:59 AM

Mar 2013
jwinter01 said:

At least with the Fate episode I could keep track and know what was going on, they looked to give the camera movement for this episode to a 4 year old for about 5 minutes, the plain artsyle does make for smoother animation but this didn't get good until about 9 minutes in for me when I could actually keep track of the fighting

Definitely not the type of content I'd see in what others are calling "The episode to change shounen anime forever!"
Dec 18, 2018 5:03 AM
Aug 2015
Great episode. I like how Asta can fully control his body, and the reason why he's getting berserk wasn't because the villain hurt his friends.

Next episode should be epic as well.. Vanessa will be the key character (as shown in the preview).

Username23489023 said:
They tried to pull a Mob Psycho 100, but eh, not bad for a continuing series.
To me, it's more like Naruto Shippuden (Naruto vs Pein), but with better art I guess.
Dec 18, 2018 5:08 AM

Aug 2017
Cloudius said:
jwinter01 said:

At least with the Fate episode I could keep track and know what was going on, they looked to give the camera movement for this episode to a 4 year old for about 5 minutes, the plain artsyle does make for smoother animation but this didn't get good until about 9 minutes in for me when I could actually keep track of the fighting

Definitely not the type of content I'd see in what others are calling "The episode to change shounen anime forever!"

Well you know fans, they have a tendency to over-hype stuff.

Nothing is ever going to be a true game-changer, especially just 1 episode out of an ongoing show such as this.

But eh what can ya do? All ya can do is just look through the hype & smoke and judge for yourself an honest opinion on what ya saw.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Dec 18, 2018 5:18 AM
Jun 2016
Greatly enjoyed, i can see many people will HATE the ART of this ep, but ANIMATION was pretty good. Masaaki Yuasa Devilman vibes anyone ;)
Dec 18, 2018 5:20 AM

Apr 2014
Slimcoder said:
Cloudius said:

Nothing is ever going to be a true game-changer, especially just 1 episode out of an ongoing show such as this.

But eh what can ya do? All ya can do is just look through the hype & smoke and judge for yourself an honest opinion on what ya saw.

This episode lived up to the hype. Not sure what you're smoking.
Dec 18, 2018 5:25 AM

Apr 2018
Asimov_Fan said:
Masaaki Yuasa Devilman vibes anyone ;)

This, Devilman Crybaby vibes, i love it
Dec 18, 2018 5:26 AM

Aug 2017
Z4k said:
Slimcoder said:

Good for the episode then.
Dec 18, 2018 5:27 AM

Apr 2014
Slimcoder said:
Z4k said:

Good for the episode then.

Oh so you were just giving hot takes. Continue then.
Dec 18, 2018 5:30 AM
Feb 2015
Considering how garbage majority of the time this show is in terms of both animation and art ( besides the op & ed's where it's fantastic ) this episode was without a doubt the best episode in the series. True the backgrounds were still pretty sloppy and basic but in turn we got some great animation back.

We got a glimpse of what could this show be like if it had a proper budget and not 100$ per episode. Of course comparing to some high quality shows out there in the ether it was still subpar but for Black Clover standards it was a 11/10 episode. We got some answers, some slight humor, awesome fight and then more questions and a cliffhanger.

For how mediocre the show is I wish it had more episodes like this as there's clearly potential in the source material.
Dec 18, 2018 5:36 AM

Apr 2014
Netami00 said:
We got a glimpse of what could this show be like if it had a proper budget and not 100$ per episode. Of course comparing to some high quality shows out there in the ether it was still subpar but for Black Clover standards it was a 11/10 episode. We got some answers, some slight humor, awesome fight and then more questions and a cliffhanger.

For how mediocre the show is I wish it had more episodes like this as there's clearly potential in the source material.

The problem isn't the budget but time. The production for this episode started before episode 59 meaning they were working on this longer than the other episodes in this arc.
Dec 18, 2018 5:37 AM
Jul 2018
this was bad. half the time i couldn't even tell what was being shown on screen, just felt like random colors flashing.
Dec 18, 2018 5:37 AM
Jul 2018
Worst animation i ever seen even if the anime come out in the 1960.
Dec 18, 2018 5:44 AM

Apr 2018
Wow so many people here don't know what animation is, it's sad

Go search "sakuga" and "webgen animators" and educate yourselves

Dec 18, 2018 5:45 AM

Apr 2014
killuaxgon said:

Search "sakuga" and "webgen" and educate yourselves

Let me tell you a little secret. Anime fans actually hate animation.
Dec 18, 2018 6:11 AM
Jan 2017
I can see some of the "Review Starlight" influences on this.

Also, I got a slight "Madoka" vibe from the fight.
Dec 18, 2018 6:16 AM

Nov 2016
Best fucking episode yet, it was amazing.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 18, 2018 6:20 AM

Jul 2013
That has to be the trippiest shit I have watched since Fate/Apocrypha, and I absolutely loved it. It was insane as heck, but very cool. Also Asta didn't go berserk as I thought he would, he seemed conscious (and he was at least towards the end of the fight). That might change now that the Witch Queen has controlled him, betraying everyone, to nobody's surprise.

Dec 18, 2018 6:32 AM

Jul 2015
Episode was nice but again animation was terrible.
Dec 18, 2018 6:35 AM

Oct 2018
Tatsuya Yoshihara = God
One of the most impressive episodes this year. Great surreal cuts, action scenes with great sense of scale and even fun character acting scenes, this episode had everything. The animation always offered something new and you could really tell that everyone working on this had a blast animating their cuts.
Z4k said:

True that. Everytime an episode like this airs, you can count on anime fans shittalking the episode and staff.
Dec 18, 2018 6:40 AM

Jun 2014
Pierrot once again shows that they can really turn it on and make this show look good when it counts. I just wish these episodes weren't so few and far between. This was probably the first good-looking (not perfect, but better than what we've been getting lately) episode since episode 49 (and ffs, people are saying this episode looked bad....do people even know what sakuga is?). Overall, I enjoyed this episode, and I don't say that a lot with this show. Hopefully we won't have to wait 15 more episodes to get the next decent-at-the-very-least episode.

Z4k said:
Slimcoder said:

I think he probably meant the episode didn't live up to hype in terms of being "the episode to change shounen anime forever," and it didn't (idk what went through peoples minds to even suggest that in the first place). Btw, do you have source for what you said about this episode's production starting before episode 59, because I'm curious and interested in that.

"Anime fans actually hate animation." It's a sad sight to behold when people flat out say the episode looked bad. It wasn't perfect but it wasn't absolutely terrible. It's pretty astonishing, the amount of anime fans who seem to know very little about even the most basic aspects of the industry (I'm no expert, but I at least know some stuff).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 18, 2018 6:42 AM
Apr 2014
I understand that they had to extend Ladros fight a bit.. but it was pretty hard to follow.

Also it introduce another issue : Asta is not suppose to fly in this form. The black form only lets him to home/aim towards a strong magic presence.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Dec 18, 2018 6:44 AM

Apr 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
Pierrot once again shows that they can really turn it on and make this show look good when it counts. I just wish these episodes weren't so few and far between. This was probably the first good-looking (not perfect, but better than what we've been getting lately) episode since episode 49 (and ffs, people are saying this episode looked bad....do people even know what sakuga is?). Overall, I enjoyed this episode, and I don't say that a lot with this show. Hopefully we won't have to wait 15 more episodes to get the next decent-at-the-very-least episode.

Z4k said:

I think he probably meant the episode didn't live up to hype in terms of being "the episode to change shounen anime forever," and it didn't (idk what went through peoples minds to even suggest that in the first place). Btw, do you have source for what you said about this episode's production starting before episode 59, because I'm curious and interested in that.

"Anime fans actually hate animation." It's a sad sight to behold when people flat out say the episode looked bad. It wasn't perfect but it wasn't absolutely terrible. It's pretty astonishing, the amount of anime fans who seem to know very little about even the most basic aspects of the industry (I'm no expert, but I at least know some stuff).

Oh lmao. I misunderstood then. That was just CR baiting people to watch the episode.

I can't remember exactly but it was from an animator that worked on the episode. Saw it in NarutoSakuga discord channel.
Dec 18, 2018 6:54 AM

Feb 2013
The fight was cool, that power was amazing!
The Queen needs to be taught a lesson!
Dec 18, 2018 7:02 AM

Apr 2018
Z4k said:
killuaxgon said:

Search "sakuga" and "webgen" and educate yourselves

For real. It's so funny when they say "animation was terrible" and they don't know shit about animation lol
Dec 18, 2018 7:05 AM

Aug 2017
thebrentinator24 said:

Z4k said:

Yeah that's what I meant. Never meant that the episode was bad, just that people can overhype shit far beyond what's actually reasonable & within the realms of reality.

Though damn "anime fans hating animation" boy are lot of people are idiots. Sad thing really, people talking smack without any idea of what their talking about. Plagues every level of society.
Dec 18, 2018 7:21 AM

Jan 2008
jjcrowx1 said:
this was bad. half the time i couldn't even tell what was being shown on screen, just felt like random colors flashing.

Same. It was actually so bad in some parts I literally felt nauseous. I'm very weak to that style. I hope they never do that again.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 18, 2018 7:23 AM
Dec 2018
Episode 63 Black clover low grafik
Dec 18, 2018 7:37 AM

Jun 2009
the animation graphic and colors on a few scenes just looked weird as heck
Dec 18, 2018 7:44 AM
Jul 2018
killuaxgon said:
Z4k said:

For real. It's so funny when they say "animation was terrible" and they don't know shit about animation lol
ugh no, this ep looked bad.
here's some good animation for you to check out (some of it actually being webgen as well)
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/49585
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/50888
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/49586
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/34917
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/34803

Watch these, then realize Black Clover's newest ep was bad (bad in the context as being hyped up as an amazing sakuga fest comparable to the boruto ep.) Remember, smooth animation =/= good animation. BC 63 had a bunch of smooth animation, but you could barely tell what was going on.
Dec 18, 2018 7:52 AM
Oct 2018
holy fuck every time i see a "the animation was bad" refering to this episode i lose faith in people.
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 18, 2018 8:10 AM

Jul 2017
i get this was meant to be the episode were they finally add good animation but like it still mainly shit (still better then all the other eps though)
Dec 18, 2018 8:15 AM

Apr 2017
They've been hyping this episode for the last week, so I went into this with extremely high expectations. And I was not disappointed. The animation style isn't for everybody, but man do I love it!

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Dec 18, 2018 8:19 AM

Jan 2017
Finally we get to see Asta's devil form in action! The animation was amazing although the art style and choreography could have been slightly better but overall the episode was great.
Dec 18, 2018 8:20 AM

Sep 2017
That was some crazy animation. Definitely a mob psycho vibe like others have said. I was a little hard to follow tho. It was like all pastel colors and the backgrounds were not very detailed with weak lines. It's partly a stylistic choice I'd say, but you can't expect crazy detailed backgrounds while having super fluid animation of characters zooming around -at least not from black clover. Usually backgrounds would be blurred in these kinda scenes, and maybe they should have went with that, but this is still way better than usual.

Anyone that says this is bad animation has no idea what animation even is. I mean even just the character animation was leagues better than usual. Even something as simple as Mariella turning around in a random side scene was done very fluidly. Anyway, I really liked like art and animation in mob psycho, so it's a shame black clover couldn't have had this kinda style since the beginning. Imagine how much better it could have been if it was a little easier to follow.
Dec 18, 2018 8:29 AM
Sep 2016
Viz said:
I understand that they had to extend Ladros fight a bit.. but it was pretty hard to follow.

Also it introduce another issue : Asta is not suppose to fly in this form. The black form only lets him to home/aim towards a strong magic presence.

and thats exactly what asta did
Ladros was flying so he followed him in the sky
Dec 18, 2018 8:31 AM

Aug 2013
I call it a paint animation, still wondering why any mangaka in Japan risk his material with such a Studio like Pierrot.
Dec 18, 2018 8:36 AM

Jun 2017
Meh
I mean I enjoyed the fight and i think it was well-animated, it reminded me of Sieg v Karna of Fate Aprocypha
But everything else was bad
No emotion, pointless motivation, waste of a plot point(You mean to tell me that such an important transformation is used against a nobody and has no build up whatsoever?, weird tone, no coreography and i felt Nothing

I watched the fight, i didn't experience it
If this is the best moment of Black Clover, then...

(Kill me if you want)
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Dec 18, 2018 8:52 AM

Nov 2016
Klips said:
Looked like shit most the time and impossible to follow. To all the smartasses talking shit about the people for saying the animation was shit, you know damn well what they mean. Animation may have been good, but it was fucking disguting to look at.

Yeah, we know what they mean, cause plebs always manage to get it wrong. This thread is another proof for MAL's shit. taste.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 18, 2018 8:55 AM
Apr 2014
Ali235 said:
Viz said:

Hmm rewatch how Asta fly around 6:37-6:44 minute

Dec 18, 2018 8:56 AM
Nov 2018
AwesomeAlfie27 said:
Meh

No emotion, pointless motivation,

Um, what do you mean? Do you think there is no motivation behind it?

waste of a plot point(You mean to tell me that such an important transformation is used against a nobody and has no build up whatsoever?,

The nobody in question is the equivalent of a captain with a very powerful ability that practically no one could stop and that was just strengthened.

Do you think little? What construction must there be? it is clearly an enemy made to be the victim of Asta's new power.

I watched the fight, i didn't experience it

That's your problem,
Dec 18, 2018 8:58 AM
Nov 2018
Viz said:
Ali235 said:

Hmm rewatch how Asta fly around 6:37-6:44 minute

In the anime for reasons of spectacularization it was all exaggerated.
Dec 18, 2018 9:01 AM
Oct 2018
sigh and yet another shounen with transformation. what is a battle shounen without transformation. am i right
Dec 18, 2018 9:06 AM

Aug 2014
they gon need to up that budget because that fight scene was straight garbage
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 140 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

50 by Vindicater »»
Today, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 139 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 18, 2020

45 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 138 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tenshibeat - Aug 11, 2020

57 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

344 by SoraKogami »»
Apr 21, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 137 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Aug 4, 2020

59 by Vindicater »»
Apr 21, 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.