Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 16, 2018 12:31 AM
Jul 2017
I have not read the light novel or anything like that. I really quite like the anime so far! Much better than the previous seasons. I wanted to have a wild guess as to Alice's memories and whatnot. So there's this girl in the opening with silver hair. I thought that maybe when people become Integrity Knights, their memories and stuff are given to her? And maybe she's the AI that is planned on being transferred to the real world. Wild guess here, but it's just a random thought I got when I finished this episode~
It's just that (I don't remember his name, the guy irl who talked to Asuna about the artificial fluctlights) said that artificial fluctlights are similar to real human souls, but the only difference is that they always go by the rules. They never break any rules. So maybe all the criminals that are caught in the Underworld, so fluctlights that have actually gotten closer to being like real souls, are taking to that place and their memories and personality is taken by that girl with silver hair. So that she can become as realistic of a fluctlight as possible? If anyone has any other ideas, please reply to me!
Dec 16, 2018 1:02 AM

Dec 2013
I’m not surprised that she lost her memories.

Escaping the jail was surprisingly easy.
Dec 16, 2018 2:33 AM
Jun 2017
I really hope they don't end up back in jail, even if they get defeated I hope they manage to escape.
Dec 16, 2018 4:40 AM

May 2017
Gotta say that I'm looking forward to this fight.

I'm hoping for a good fight and not one of those 1-Minute fights without any real action like the sparring fights.

But hey that is probably how the fight is going to be like, so let's not get all too hyped.

The Real-Life parts are so uninteresting, unbelievable.

People were hyping this Episode so much, "Omg the next episode is going to be soo good blabla" Literally nothing happened. I'm guessing they thought the fight would've been in this episode?
Dec 16, 2018 4:48 AM
Oct 2012
When ur in a world that no one even lock the door coz hey can't believe anyone would steal anything ...
or there is almost NO criminal at all except a very few rare chance once a decade or something.

It's obvious they don't have any real prison an the guard is not on alert lol

if u calculate it, Alice becoming a knight can mean maybe some of the knights were criminal before... but there is only 31 Knight in total judging by their last name.
then there was less than 30 criminal in over 300 years lol

Lelouch0202 said:

Am I correct in assuming those two scientists that Asuna passed were actually Humbert and Raios or I guess more correctly housed the fluctlights that were those two? I guess that grin made me weirdly suspicious.

those 2 noble retard were only a minor villain that show up and gone in 3 EP of anime. they were never important except for Eugeo's character development and showing us how nobles can loophole Taboo Index.
but i think there indeed is a tiny bit of connection :D

The 2 scientists, only one of them is the problem, and his grin was because he recognized Asuna.

minor spoiler about from where he knew asuna and the connection i told u about.

Dec 16, 2018 4:59 AM
Oct 2012
shayed__ said:

I'm hoping for a good fight and not one of those 1-Minute fights without any real action like the sparring fights.

But hey that is probably how the fight is going to be like, so let's not get all too hyped.

People were hyping this Episode so much, "Omg the next episode is going to be soo good blabla" Literally nothing happened. I'm guessing they thought the fight would've been in this episode?

I personally loving all the Real world parts and technology explanation, even tho i already read them all in the novel in more detail and enjoyed them there as well lol

ppl who were hyping next EP were anime-only ppl that don't know what's next or just LN readers who were waiting for DAT Alice Slap ! lol

EP10 was a huge hype and intense EP, u can't expect all EP to have lots of action or hype, that's unrealistic, unless u want a brainless anime with no plot or development and only fights after fights.

but anyway, Alicization is indeed having a lot of Fight after fight rollercaster of actions and hype which will start soon... but it first need to develop all the needed info and world buildings. which i personally enjoying very much.

Don't be too hyped for next EP either, the fight is real and not a simple one like academy sparring fight, but it won't last too long, Kirito and Eugeo don't have their swords after all.

The real fights start from EP 14 goes on until EP 25 lol

minor spoiler:
Dec 16, 2018 5:06 AM

Feb 2017
this anime adaptation feel unnatural and awkeard to watch,
it feels like watching something from game adaptation

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Dec 16, 2018 5:43 AM

Feb 2014
As expected, Alice doesn't seem to show any signs of past memories of Eugeo and Kirito and that was confirmed by the way she smacked Eugeo to the ground. Her execution threat sounded sincere as well.

Asuna's little moment with Ichiemon was amusing and the talk about making a vessel robot for the A.I sounds interesting. However, I can't help but think that the two scientists that Asuna walked past have that "villain" aura around them. I hope I'm wrong about that, but I wouldn't be surprised if those scientists appear again a do something bad in the future.

As for Kirito and Eugeo, they were able to break out of their cell thanks to Kirito's plan and make it to the gardens, but Alice predicted that would happen, so she sent her student Integrity Knight to face them. I'm looking forward to seeing how this 2 v 1 fight turns out. =)
Dec 16, 2018 5:57 AM
Dec 2017
It's getting boring and boring.
Dec 16, 2018 6:34 AM

Jan 2016
Wow a forum full of spoilers.
Life is strange

Dec 16, 2018 6:44 AM

Oct 2018
Will kirito and eugeo kick ass that knight ?
or will alice come and stop them mid fight ??
Dec 16, 2018 6:47 AM

Oct 2018
bondtux said:
- When i see alice with that armor... she reminds me of Saber... but her voice reminds me of another crusader from another world..
- that was weak prison
LOL yeah i thought the same about the armor when i saw her first ofc the legendary saber
Dec 16, 2018 7:56 AM
Jan 2018
shayed__ said:

dont see how next fight is going to be fight when its two guys with chains against a night with a sword ,
Dec 16, 2018 8:54 AM

Jun 2017
Oooh that smack from Alice really packed a punch. "If you try to touch me again, I'll cut off your arm/hand" something like that, damn girl, chill, she was only going to touch your armor, not your spaghetti. Also, if only prison break was that easy real life, things would really be different. Aside from that, Of course, they were expected to be punished because regardless of how morally right their action was, they still broke the Taboo Index(Law) of the land, so they are going to get punished. And really, after breaking out of prison, they decided to break in deeper into the Cathedral? Really? Did they expect the place to be unguarded? Also Alice was really perceptive, sasuga Alice, for predicting their movements.

Nice episode, we're actually going to see more action packed episode now and have a look at what's going on the outside world while unveiling the mystery of Alice step by step. I still like Alice even if she'll smack me like Eugeo tho.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Dec 16, 2018 9:27 AM

Jul 2015
Please tell me I'm not the only one who loses it every time they fail to pronounce "sythesis"
Dec 16, 2018 9:43 AM

Jan 2013
yeah right. tearing down bars and breaking out of jail using chains only. sure...
Dec 16, 2018 9:57 AM

Jul 2015
did no one notice the drop in animation quality!? i mean not the fluency but the damn chara designs... i mean.. they feel so freaking out of place..
but nonetheless.. a really great episode..
Dec 16, 2018 2:12 PM

Jun 2014
"After questioning, I shall execute you" -- if only that were actually true. Unfortunately, the show is only one-fifth over.

yeah, lets make it real obvious who the real bad guy is here by having him creepily walk past Asuna while playing ominous music; but put in no context as to who this guy is supposed to be or why Asuna had a sudden suspicious thought for no reason. good job, good job, excellent mystery.
m-i-c-h-a-e-lDec 16, 2018 2:24 PM
Dec 16, 2018 5:56 PM
Oct 2012
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
"After questioning, I shall execute you" -- if only that were actually true. Unfortunately, the show is only one-fifth over.

yeah, lets make it real obvious who the real bad guy is here by having him creepily walk past Asuna while playing ominous music; but put in no context as to who this guy is supposed to be or why Asuna had a sudden suspicious thought for no reason. good job, good job, excellent mystery.

well reading your comment I know they did a good job.
the reason that guy had a grin on his face after passing asuna will be revealed way later. but u will figure it out.
and very minor spoiler
Dec 16, 2018 11:11 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Good episode, but there were a few things about the episode that really didn’t click in right!

Kirito and Eugeo breaking out of the jail there was really way too simple, in my opinion. Why’d they put them in the same cell, in the first place, though, and how’d the guard or the other prisoners not react to the breakthrough?
Keeping all this aside though, it was a solid episode and the mystery thickens! What exactly are the Integrity Knights? I really liked the conversation between Kirito and Eugeo there regarding this. However, the little yaoi moment felt off to me, but I can see why Eugeo would be sad and Kirito, just being Kirito, would tease him for it. Eugeo’s idea of bringing Alice to their hometown sounds like a good plan but for now they have to worry about her junior. Looks like things will get really messy from here on with the two being criminals and infiltrating the enemy’s base, it really feels like a Akame ga Kill route now.
One particular scene that really caught my attention was the scene where Alice carried Kirito’s and Eugeo’s divine swords with one hand, I guess it really shows that Alice has become a top elite Knight. Ronnie and Tiese last moments were very touching, and I hope to see more of them later on. Lol, I couldn’t help but laugh to see them struggling to carry their senpai’s swords though.

So far, this Aliciazation arc has really been much better than the previous arcs of the franchise but things have been really shaky so far, to say the least. I have heard the more hype-worthy moments have yet to come, so I’m definitely looking forward to seeing how all that turns out!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 17, 2018 1:10 AM
Jan 2018
_MushiRock11_ said:
Good episode, but there were a few things about the episode that really didn’t click in right!

Kirito and Eugeo breaking out of the jail there was really way too simple, in my opinion. Why’d they put them in the same cell, in the first place, though, and how’d the guard or the other prisoners not react to the breakthrough?
Keeping all this aside though, it was a solid episode and the mystery thickens! What exactly are the Integrity Knights? I really liked the conversation between Kirito and Eugeo there regarding this. However, the little yaoi moment felt off to me, but I can see why Eugeo would be sad and Kirito, just being Kirito, would tease him for it. Eugeo’s idea of bringing Alice to their hometown sounds like a good plan but for now they have to worry about her junior. Looks like things will get really messy from here on with the two being criminals and infiltrating the enemy’s base, it really feels like a Akame ga Kill route now.
One particular scene that really caught my attention was the scene where Alice carried Kirito’s and Eugeo’s divine swords with one hand, I guess it really shows that Alice has become a top elite Knight. Ronnie and Tiese last moments were very touching, and I hope to see more of them later on. Lol, I couldn’t help but laugh to see them struggling to carry their senpai’s swords though.

So far, this Aliciazation arc has really been much better than the previous arcs of the franchise but things have been really shaky so far, to say the least. I have heard the more hype-worthy moments have yet to come, so I’m definitely looking forward to seeing how all that turns out!

There are no other prisoners. The Guard is mostly likely naive
Dec 17, 2018 1:19 AM

Jul 2014
Well, the real world stuff continues to be as dull and tedious as ever, while the Underworld stuff is steadily starting to get a little more interesting, mainly because of all the questions surrounding the Integrity Knights and what exactly is going on there (at the very least, I'm assuming the "Synthesis number" thing is important, along with the last guy's statement of being summoned just a month previously).
Dec 17, 2018 1:35 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Mattinator95 said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

Oh right, that’d make sense. Considering how difficult and painful it was for Eugeo to break the Tabboo Index, I don’t think many would even dare to defy the Tabboo Index. If I’m not wrong, I think Eugeo hinted there might be at least a few prisoners when he told Kirito to keep his voice down.
Anyway, that’d make sense why the Guard would be naive normally, but even then a cell shattering should make enough noise to scare the heck out of the guard imo.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 17, 2018 2:38 AM

Nov 2011
A bit too super predictable and simplistic, enjoying the real world events more than the virtual.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 17, 2018 3:50 AM
Jan 2018
_MushiRock11_ said:
Mattinator95 said:

Oh right, that’d make sense. Considering how difficult and painful it was for Eugeo to break the Tabboo Index, I don’t think many would even dare to defy the Tabboo Index. If I’m not wrong, I think Eugeo hinted there might be at least a few prisoners when he told Kirito to keep his voice down.
Anyway, that’d make sense why the Guard would be naive normally, but even then a cell shattering should make enough noise to scare the heck out of the guard imo.

i would have thought eugeo asked kitro to keep his voice down just in case anyone els or the guard walks past and hears them talking about escaping. well deep sleepers are a thing but i have a feeling something was removed or its just a simple plot device and nothing more
Dec 17, 2018 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
I wonder how Kirito is gonna beat the Integrity Knight without a sword. I don't see his chain can fight on-par with someone with the Integrity Knight status.
Dec 17, 2018 12:27 PM

Apr 2018
The new art style is good but i am starting to think that the old one was better tbh
Dec 17, 2018 3:48 PM

Nov 2016
I wonder who those two guys were, they could be Raios and Humbert or someone else on maybe those prototypes they were talking... But there was only one... Or maybe human experimentation... Dunno. Time to see the novels < They escaped prison pretty easily. I would guess that give the low criminal rate on that world and that no one wake up that they are the only prisoners there and that's why the guard was so unworried.
Dec 18, 2018 2:23 AM
Oct 2012
InefableAtaraxia said:
I wonder who those two guys were, they could be Raios and Humbert or someone else on maybe those prototypes they were talking... But there was only one... Or maybe human experimentation... Dunno. Time to see the novels < They escaped prison pretty easily. I would guess that give the low criminal rate on that world and that no one wake up that they are the only prisoners there and that's why the guard was so unworried.

tbh SAO author did many hints and foreshadowing since the very first EP.
some of those are revealed early. but some of those won't be revealed until cours 3 or even cours 4 !

many of them have gone unnoticed by people who didn't read the whole Alicization Arc. but after ppl see it revealed later on they will suddenly remember the hint/foreshadowing of it before :D

of course that's if they actually watch the anime carefully lol i see some ppl ask some questions that's been so obvious sometimes that make me doubt if they watch the show at all or just skip it to fight scene and ignore the dialogues lol

minor spoiler about when this researcher guy will be revealed in novel.
Dec 18, 2018 3:34 AM
Jan 2018
Does anyone know which theory about the memory and soul the flutclight thing is based on
Dec 18, 2018 12:51 PM

Nov 2008
Last week it was a clusterfuck of edgy nonsense and unintentional hilarity, now we're back to our regularly scheduled boredom. This show is a 10 I love it it's so good SAO is good now gaiz
Dec 19, 2018 12:09 PM

May 2016
I think the hype after the goblin fight has disappeared when everyone said this will be a great hit but now I don't even look forward to it.
Dec 19, 2018 1:00 PM

Jul 2016
Raizel said:
I think the hype after the goblin fight has disappeared when everyone said this will be a great hit but now I don't even look forward to it.
your just impatient. Next episodes gonna be all action.

Dec 19, 2018 1:47 PM
Oct 2012
chriskor022 said:
Raizel said:
your just impatient. Next episodes gonna be all action.

maybe not, the action might stop at half of the next EP.

then 2 non action EP, then full on action EP until EP 25 lol

just my guess tho.
Dec 19, 2018 7:02 PM

Oct 2008
As expected Alice memories has been altered or maybe she's putting an act because Kirito heard something from the "Soul" of Alice to go to the top of the Central Cathedral, i wonder what's up there?
Well that was an easy escape...
oh nice! encountering with an Integrity Knight! I doubt that knight would fight fair and square since both have their swords confiscated! lolz
4/5.

Dec 19, 2018 10:01 PM
Jun 2017
wow!!! thsi central cathedral sure looks an exciting adventure for eugeo and kirito as on next weeks episode they will face a novice integrity knight... hmmm... lets see how they will fight this one
Dec 20, 2018 10:51 AM

May 2015
Alice actually gave the apprentices a minute and no more.
Dec 21, 2018 5:57 PM
Nov 2017
So for all those people talking that breaking the jail was so easy, it actually wasnt easy as it was shown in the Anime. It took them hours to do it and we can see that it was dead night when they got out of the prison. The guard being asleep can be seen as a plot device but what would you expect from him. There have been no prisoners in the jail for ages.

The next episode is going to be full of action but after seeing how A1 is adapting the LN, I don't expect a lot of fight. They will most probably cut some fight parts. Also, even though he is a newbie, he is not a weak knight.
Dec 22, 2018 4:49 PM

Mar 2013
That robot's name is Lemon. Just saying.
Dec 30, 2018 5:12 AM

May 2010
Alice's such a beauty, kinda expected her having memory loss/ not remembering Eugeo. Her coolness reminds me of Saber quite a lot!

One more thing, I knew Kirito wouldn't just sit there in prison doing nothing, but breaking the chains should have been a little bit more complicated than that xD Here it was like it didn't take any effort.
Dec 30, 2018 3:37 PM
Oct 2012
Kitsu-nee said:
Alice's such a beauty, kinda expected her having memory loss/ not remembering Eugeo. Her coolness reminds me of Saber quite a lot!

One more thing, I knew Kirito wouldn't just sit there in prison doing nothing, but breaking the chains should have been a little bit more complicated than that xD Here it was like it didn't take any effort.

in the novel i think it took them like an hour of grinding the chain together to finally have it break.
Anime just show it ... they pull 2 time and it broke .... smh :|

plus the guard not waking up and they running from he prison easily, is due to the fact that almost never had this prison had actual prisoner, and even if here was any prisoner, they all were NEVER even think about going against church and running away.

so no one would expect them to run away lol
Jan 4, 2019 5:55 AM

Jun 2008
broke the chains just by grinding them, knocked out the steel door just by swinging a chain on it, only 1 sleeping guard in a huge ass tower, lmao, it couldn't be this dumb if it wasn't SAO
Jan 6, 2019 1:03 PM

Jan 2015
Lol Alice reminded me of Erza.
Jan 9, 2019 11:05 AM

Aug 2016
I finally realized, what is so weird about last SAO. Not that it's more isekai then game anime now, not timeskips or overall archetypical characters, not even quasi gay realitionship of Kirito and Eugeo. What's wrong is whole time Kirito and Blond Kirito are together, animation is just... trash? Lazy?... like half of time its literally just one character in different color with slight delay.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2019 10:39 AM

Jul 2012
Eugeo gets a whole speech about how she's going to get stronger, become an integrity knight, and then come save him, while Kirito just gets some lunch LOL.

The best part is that Kirito leaves his lunch in his prison cell when he escapes 😂
AndoJan 11, 2019 10:44 AM
Jan 31, 2019 8:48 PM

May 2015
The bromance is strong in this one.
Jun 22, 2019 1:37 PM

Apr 2014
-Low security prison lol, and were there even any other prisoners? Guess they've never had anyone attempt an escape, and guessing most if not all of the prisoners they've had didn't break the rules beyond the first level (Taboo Index).

-Oh yeah Kikuoka did mention that they altered Alice's fluclight, so the entity at the top of the Cathedral is probably the original Alice (or an original part of her that's locked away) whereas this one is the altered version.
Aug 19, 2019 11:13 AM
Apr 2016
Got to see both Asuna and Kirito, huh. Alice doesn't have her memories it seems, that's pretty sad for Eugeo, especially since he was missing her a lot, and I mean a lot..
Oct 3, 2019 3:37 PM

Aug 2017
Oh, it seems that Alice has been brainwashed!

Eldrie Woolsburg is such a beauty 😍

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 1, 2020 9:05 AM

Sep 2014
This guard and this anime are realistic. They always hire the most unqualified guy to do the most important task.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.