Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2018 12:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Grimm guy is bad news tbh.

Not only there is trouble with the Nemesis but now there's Grimm showing up and honestly, I think he's someone not to mess with. Seth's current fighting abilities needs to improve more. The power gap between him and Grimm feels really big.
Stark700Dec 15, 2018 1:34 AM
Dec 15, 2018 5:42 AM

Dec 2009
At long last, a good episode. Takehito Koyasu's voice acting is perfect for Grimm imo.
They made some changes with how the events happened in the manga but for once I think it was for the best.
I like the voice for Konrad too even if I was expecting more a "nasal voice".
I think it's time to come back ! I'm hoping the other episodes for this arc will be as good as this one :p
Dec 15, 2018 11:21 AM

Feb 2017
I hate Doc. He's like the friend who always whines about life constantly to the point where it's just annoying. I haven't seen any development in his character, so I'm guessing that he's going to do one brave act towards the end of the series. BUT he's just going to constantly whine about everything in the meantime, and his interaction between Miss Melba just makes me cringe.

But I I can't blame him for that cause, because the carefree attitude that those kids have drags the stakes way down. This anime is like trying to be Black Clover but without any sense of danger or progression. I thought when they got hit by the Nemesis, they were dead BUT NOPE. It was just a gust of wind. Woah this badass and experienced sorcerer pulls out a sword and says "It's time for you to be immobilized"? Is Seth in trouble? Nope, turns out Seth's magic is just as powerful as Grimm's so it makes sense for Seth to have a chance at fighting him...only that takes away the whole value of being at stake.

So when the captain says its time for sorcerer hunting, I don't give a dam about the characters. I hope they capture Seth and Melie and beat their asses. BUT I know that's not gonna happen.
Dec 15, 2018 1:04 PM

Mar 2016
I felt like Seth and Melie's reactions were too fake. Grimm was talking quite nicely. He doesn't feel like a threat at all!

Apparently, this is one of those stories where the transition between funny scenes and the serious scenes are quite bad. It's almost as if this came out of a Weekly Shounen Jump manga.

They constantly tell Seth to hide his horns, and he covers them. Now, I know that plot demands his horns to be displayed, but that doesn't mean Seth has to take off his hood himself and show it to everyone. Hoods can come off from wind or even inertia. They could've put more thought into it.
Dec 15, 2018 5:03 PM
Mar 2017
For me this was the worst episode of all.
Better said, the most annoying, starting with Doc with his endless complaint, I do not know if they do it as a joke, but it was a long time that I even wanted to hit him.

After that I was upset that he did not start talking calmly with Grimm, although, well, I can understand that because he broke Alma's broom.

Maybe my opinion has been affected by having a bad day
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 15, 2018 5:51 PM

Oct 2015
I think I like Grimm's character, and I must agree he didn't seem to be a threat the way he spoke.

As for Doc, he is in the series for just a comic relief rather than a stable upstanding character, but I like him though.

Damn, those slaps by mister Boobrie were something else for Melie. He wouldn't have slapped the other Melie though.

Good episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 15, 2018 6:40 PM
Jun 2017
It looks like a simple quest became a challenging one as Seth and melie have faced a strong sorcerer in the name of Grimm. In that episode alone you could see the difference in strength between seth and grimm. And note its not their main enemy yet. Lets see the next week episode
Dec 16, 2018 1:31 AM

Dec 2014
so like grim appears and finally a clash down..seems like more is happening in rumble town than it seems
Dec 16, 2018 9:07 AM
Jan 2018
Seth poderia simplesmente ter dito " Eu estou caçando aqueles nemesis pra ganhar dinheiro".
grimm já tinha dito que estava caçando os Nemesis.
Dec 16, 2018 12:40 PM

Sep 2011
Doc was so annoying in the first part of this episode. But something finally started! This Rumble Town is one cool setting, and Nemesis do come in all shapes and sizes, huh.

Now I want to know what's the deal between the girl who controls them with her flute, and Grimm. I mean, if I got it right he is looking for her. That Captain also seemed pretty generic, almost as much as the generic soldiers, but I could already feel his malice towards sorcerers.
Dec 17, 2018 1:06 AM

Nov 2017
- atleast... we can see Grimm on action...
- just like the information... Koyasu voice is suit for a villain
Now Loading.....
Dec 17, 2018 3:40 PM

Oct 2008
Finally things starting to pick up again.
Dec 18, 2018 9:21 AM
Jan 2016
Finally they leave that fucking town! I swear to God this series slowed came to a goddamn halt.

MC's been a complete dumbass the half episode they've even been in Rumble Town, which I hope he gets nailed to a fucking cross for next episode. I just hope he stops acting/sounding like a 9 year old in 15 year old's body already.
Dec 18, 2018 9:39 PM

Oct 2008
finally, a clash encounter with Grimm!
Rumble Town is such an empty dark and desolate town huh...maybe we still didn't see the most of it...
anywayz mediocre episode.
3/5.

Feb 3, 2019 2:55 AM

Aug 2017
That fucking town was really boring. I hope that don't come back again.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 9, 2019 7:02 PM

Jun 2014
So, Seth and Grimm have finally met face to face. Grimm is extremely powerful, and although he was impressed by Seth's power, Seth isn't strong enough yet to take him down.

Sep 3, 2020 1:11 AM

Jul 2015
How dare that mere tweety-wannabe pet slap the lovely Melie after it got lost, I demand as punishment roasted bird to the menu!

Rumble town seems like quite the beautiful place with all the nature, the busy streets and wild life. Grimm seems like quite the cool character, while Doc really begins to irritate me with his constant whining and doing nothing at all outside navigating (which they could do themselves).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Radiant Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

33 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

37 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 5, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2018

29 by dark_spirit010 »»
Mar 12, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2018

52 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 25, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2018

71 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 25, 2023 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.