Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 15, 2018 5:58 PM

Jan 2011
with just the setting you kinda already figured we'd get a sad ending from the start but i kinda forgot just like the rest of the cast at some point she was gonna have to leave but it's still feelsbadsman and then they play the ED as a insert :(
Dec 15, 2018 8:15 PM

Nov 2017
TsuzukuHunter2nd said:
It's about to end, guys. And we might got sad ending. Sad but must do.

So, Hitomi is lagging due to bad connection suffering from time disparity due to magic time that future kohaku used to her. So the best way is to send her back to the future ASAP. Yes I know, It's too fast, even we don't see our ship sail yet :,(

The only thing that Kohaku can do is.. learn the Time Magic.. if she can do this perfectly, the future Hitomi can send Hitomi back to the past... If Kohaku doesn't learn that magic on time... Hitomi would be gone to blank dimension....
Now Loading.....
Dec 15, 2018 10:29 PM

Dec 2008
That ending is just so bittersweet omg. :'c
Yanaginagi for vocals makes everything so bittersweet perfect huhu.
I pray for a good ending, I don't want them to separate though ;;
Dec 16, 2018 1:52 AM

Dec 2014
well that was an awesome episode... the chemistry in the end.... the time barriers though..hmm
Dec 16, 2018 7:22 AM

Aug 2013
That last scene was so heartwarming and beautiful I got so emotional. ;___;
That hug was like the icing on the cake. I was so hyped for the two of them and then it happens when they're about to separate. lol my heart can't handle this. :(
Dec 16, 2018 8:56 AM

Sep 2017
Looks like Hitomi will end up returning to her time next episode. In that case, episode 13 might be something like an epilogue. We'll probably see Hitomi back in her own time, but also maybe see the rest of the cast all grown up. Would be a nice way to end it and show that the ships actually sailed.
Dec 16, 2018 2:46 PM

Aug 2018
Welp, it seems like im going to cry the next episode.
Dec 16, 2018 3:04 PM

Aug 2018
Wow, this anime gets better and better!
This whole episode was kinda sad actually, knowing that Hitomi needs to go to the future, due to the time lapses. The reaction of her friends and the pressure that Kohaku must be feelling, it really affected me.
And that final scene, FINALLY, Hitome and Yuito together! That scene was perfectly executed: the animation was beautiful (even more than the normal) and the (full) ending song really suited that scene.
The anime is going to have a sad/bittersweet ending for sure (but I sure hope that Yuito and Hitomi end up together, even though that's almost impossible).
I'm really excited for the next episode!
My favourite anime of the season, for sure!
Dec 16, 2018 3:22 PM

Jan 2017
Ob boy after few quite averages episodes the feel-train hit me harder then Truck-kun had Sakura....

This might be THE heartbreaker of this year :(
Dec 16, 2018 5:32 PM

Feb 2010
That hug brought me tears.
Dec 16, 2018 9:38 PM

Jan 2013
well it was only a matter of time (lol) till the time stuff start acting up

also...how Hitomi can say she wouldnt/couldnt smile when her friends are trying to when she never smiled during 95% in the whole show? lol

joking aside, i have a feeling and gotta prepare that everything will come to ahead next week while the last ep is all about Hitomi being back in her era
Dec 16, 2018 11:04 PM
Jan 2016
I like Kohaku's energy when she was talking to teachers about their club activitie, and is nice to see that everyone have a role to complete.

But the things are becoming intense, about Hitomi in danger if she dont return to her time, and Kohaku is forced to send her back as soon as he can to future or see will stay ina permanent time gap. I am happy that everyone is up to help Hitomi but at same time i am not prepared for a sad farewell.

Last moment between Hitomi and Yuito was wonderfull, and when Hitomi instantly hugged Yuito, that moment became beautifull and cute. Bittersweet feel starting to grow up! I am curious to see taht final!

Dec 17, 2018 4:07 AM

Nov 2011
Woah this ending really got me. Can't wait for the finale I'm ready to have my heart broken
Dec 17, 2018 5:38 AM

Mar 2016
i just feel that the 80% of the episodes of this anime are totally useless . we were waiting for some plot and the plot comes at the eleventh episode :P too late .... The other episodes were like some fail triangle drama,running here and there taking pictures and preparing for the cultural festival..... All these things wont even matter after all (even the romance)

Dec 17, 2018 6:10 AM

Jun 2017
The first "time gap" that happened to Hitomi was for me not that worrying, but the second time it happened and Hitomi was passed out there, I was taken aback and really didn't see that one coming, now it's more serious. Such a delicate time for this problem to happen. Indeed, All good things will come to an end, for Hitomi, the professor's text was right, her existence in this timeline is unnatural and is bound to cause problems for her and for history and all, so of course some higher "governing powers" will take care of this, I just didn't see it as her being erased from existence, but that would be a logical conclusion. I am looking forward to the next episode. I hope it doesn't end badly, I feel bad for her and Yuito though, but her existence in their timeline isn't really natural.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Dec 17, 2018 8:43 AM
Jan 2016
Yeah, I don't know if it's true or not but after this eps, I'm sure that Yuito is the grandfather...it just my hypothesis haha
Dec 17, 2018 7:47 PM

Nov 2014
Now THAT'S what I've been waiting for, none of that side drama nonsense. We're finally here on the main plotline about the time travel and Hitomi having to leave the one she likes by going back to the future. The ending of this episode was the best scene by far in the entire series.

Now we're just left with Hitomi's inability to see colours, her romance with Yuito and being sent back to the future because the time magic is starting to be glitchy. I can finally see the road ahead and have an idea of what's to come.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 17, 2018 10:20 PM
Oct 2016
This is getting too emotional......
:(
bread is yummy
Dec 18, 2018 10:48 AM
Apr 2015
Loved the last scene. Insanely well done.

Also have to mention; bittersweet sad ending > bullshit happy ending. No matter how much I wanna see Hitomi being able to live on with the friends she's made, it'd make more sense for her to go back to her time and having to say farewell to everyone, even if it's a more sad ending.
Saiyan_Prince said:
I've never cheated on someone before, but I've been cheated on. And let me tell you, it hurts like a bitch. If you don't want to be with someone, please just go ahead and end it before you even think about looking for that someone else. Don't wait and find that person in order to line it up first and then just move from one relationship to the next without even pausing. I honestly don't understand how people can be heartless enough to cheat on someone.
Dec 18, 2018 8:54 PM
Dec 2018
I wonder if time magic can send someone forward in time? I suspect forward time magic for Yuito would not involve the danger of time gaps. The text message said they were caused by Hitomi causing changes to the past. If not time magic, can time in a painting be made to "stand still"/suspended animation? But what about his mother?

What I am really curious about, what did the future Granny say to her family in the past? There were several pages so she must have said something interesting.
Dec 18, 2018 10:55 PM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
That ending was so sweet I have to go get checked for diabetes.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Dec 19, 2018 10:27 PM

Feb 2015
The guys are at school preparing their event at the cultural festival. Suddenly, Asagi had an experience with Hitomi which looks like she disappeared for a moment. Later Kohaku discovers that is caused by the magic that sent her back in time and if she’s not returned, it could get worst (Kohaku tells Hitomi about the situation). Kohaku starts the preparation of the spell. The event happens again, but this time walking with Yuito, Hitomi is later found sleeping and the next day she didn’t go to school. Kohaku explains the guys that the spell should be executed next full moon (in 2 days). Kohaku visits them while they are in the beach gathering sand but she said nothing. Later, by night, she decides to use magic to send a paper plane to Yuito, he answered her with his light, but the second plane didn’t go to Yuito’s house, which means that he was on the street. Hitomi quickly dressed up and ran to the plane’s direction, where she found Yuito and strongly embraced him.

Beautiful episode, it’s kind of sad that this moment had to come someday, I didn’t know that she needed to go back to her time, but somehow, she cannot be with them forever. Asagi’s sadness and sentimentalism were in the episode, and despite their relation is not developed at all, Asagi cares about Hitomi since they feel a close friendship. That meeting between Hitomi and Yuito was spectacular, what was in the planes, we don’t know, but Hitomi became important to Yuito, specially because of the drawings relation to Hitomi disability to see colors. They both love each other.
Atlas77Jul 6, 2019 2:38 PM
Dec 20, 2018 8:09 AM

Sep 2011
This was quite a strong episode all around I think, really dug the direction of that last scene in particular. I do kind of hope the series doesn't pussy out on hitomi leaving the past for real, it'd seem like a really bad message if she stayed in the past cause it'd be like running away from her problems in the present.

This is the type of series that cant afford to not have a bittersweet ending without devaluing the entire series, so hopefully it follows through on that.

WinterGR4 said:
I wonder if time magic can send someone forward in time? I suspect forward time magic for Yuito would not involve the danger of time gaps.
The time gaps happen in general when someone is displaced from their natural time period so the same effect would still apply to him, above all that it'd mean pretty much throwing away his entire life up to that point to go into the future, this show really cant end with them together without really sending off a very negative message of abaondonment, which would be especially horrible message given hitomi's backstory with her mother.
JizzyHitlerDec 20, 2018 8:12 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 20, 2018 7:46 PM
Jul 2018
For some reason this anime just doesn't do it for me. It's definitely better than Red Data Girl and *shrugs* Glasslip, but it also doesn't even come close to Hanasaku Iroha and Nagi no Asukara, it just feels like a mediocre SoL anime. I'd say it's on the same level as Tari tari quality wise, and that's another mediocre SoL anime.

I guess the days when P.A. Works could make solid SoL anime are long gone given their current track record. I haven't watched Shirobako yet since it doesn't interest me one bit, but I think that's the last decent SoL anime that P.A. Works has made given its score and popularity.
removed-userDec 20, 2018 9:39 PM
Dec 21, 2018 3:50 AM

Aug 2011
VerySad_Weeb said:

I guess the days when P.A. Works could make solid SoL anime are long gone given their current track record. I haven't watched Shirobako yet since it doesn't interest me one bit, but I think that's the last decent SoL anime that P.A. Works has made given its score and popularity.

Shirobako was pretty fucking great.
Dec 21, 2018 3:46 PM

May 2016
Damn it I kinda hoped not to escalate to this but they did it :|

Hitomin Good bye.
Dec 22, 2018 8:16 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! that scene where Hitomi & Yuito where they're running towards each other was romantic bitter sweet and a bit exciting! but to hug each other like that, seems quite rushed mutual feelings to each other!? hmmmmmm...
5/5.

Dec 23, 2018 2:35 AM

Apr 2017
I felt I have to post something after watching this episode.

Hitomi has to go back to her time, I can relate such goodbyes.
The show did an amazing job keeping its animation top notch, I vote it as the best one this season for the animation.

It has been so long since I cried for an anime.
They executed it amazingly, the timing of the ED is perfect. And... As it plays, I found my tears about to come like that.

I vote this as the best anime this year, alongside Buta Yarou! 10/10 so far
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Dec 23, 2018 1:33 PM

Feb 2007
Well, that certainly was a surprise. The way things had been going so far, I certainly didn't expect to see her leave anytime soon, but looks like there isn't much choice.

JizzyHitler said:
WinterGR4 said:
I wonder if time magic can send someone forward in time? I suspect forward time magic for Yuito would not involve the danger of time gaps.
The time gaps happen in general when someone is displaced from their natural time period so the same effect would still apply to him[...]

I guess we'll just need to freeze him for 60 years instead, then.
luinthoronDec 23, 2018 1:37 PM
Dec 29, 2018 1:51 PM
Mar 2017
Darn it. This episode made me cry. Although I've already predicted a lot of things since the first few episodes, I'm still not ready for this. T_T I don't want Hitomi to return to her time. Not yet please. I need more AoixHitomi moments. </3
Jan 10, 2019 10:02 PM

Jul 2016
Yeah, I have to agree with those who said the story development felt like throwing random plot threads to keep the drama alive. Now we have the "gap time" drama, which feels more suitable for this series, being honest. However, I would have liked it to be mentioned sooner.

That aside, I have to say that the last scene, although I have zero interest in both Hitomi and Aoi as a couple, was very well executed. The way they used the ED song in it was very nice as well.

And regarding said "couple", I still don't understand what Aoi's appeal aside from his drawings is... I mean, he's very bland to be a protagonist. Not to mention that it would be pretty lame if Hitomi only likes him just because of said drawings.
Jan 16, 2019 12:39 PM

Dec 2016
Oh man two days left to say goodbyes is bruuuuuuuuutal

My mans Yuito is getting cucked by time magic
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 23, 2019 3:06 AM

Jul 2009
It took so much to them to see that they have feelings for each other...
Jan 28, 2019 12:22 PM

Dec 2016
OMG!
Emotional episode!
Feb 4, 2019 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
That was a pretty good ending/episode. The whole love triangle part was so useless, it should have been just about the two of them.

I thought granny-Kohaku had to actually gather the star sand for like 60 years to be able to send Hitomi back for a long time, but it seems like it's only the star sand that has to be 60 years old.

I have a feeling the book shop guy is Kohaku's future husband and Hitomi's grandfather. Maybe it's just a hunch though.
Feb 6, 2019 12:16 PM

May 2012
Well that was absolutely amazing, really liked that ending! Let's see what's next.
Apr 26, 2019 9:37 AM

Aug 2018
Well, Hitomi disappearing at all would make for an ending, I think.. But her grandma wouldn't send her to the past, if she knew, what happened to her then?.. Well, unless the past isn't being affected really, but rather Hitomi is being put into some thing like the past, but not the past itself.. And everything sounds strange to say the least, so I'd guess it's not likely to happen..
Though, it at all seems really strange to try to accomplish something by sending Hitomi in the past, when it is so dangerous, as you can cease to exist.. I doubt there weren't other ways.. I guess, Hitomi's grandma was really risking, didn't she?..
Even if she was trying to help Hitomi with depression or with regaining magic power, it still was really drastic measure from grandma's side.. I'm not sure I like her that much after this..
Especially as there wasn't really much magic involved in Hitomi's recovery so far - friendship, changing place and things could be done without risking Hitomi's life.. I really don't like grandma's decision..
Well, maybe grandma herself was really affected with losing her daughter (wherever she left), and having depressed Hitomi.. So decided to use these means and pass Hitomi to the past to fix her instead of dealing with it herself..
Jul 13, 2019 2:43 PM

Jan 2016
Hitomi didn't show any interest toward Yuito throughout the anime and suddenly she hugged him. i didn't like that. they put FORCED ROMANCE! WTF?
Nov 19, 2019 8:37 AM

Dec 2010
Come on, we can't go and cry now, guys.
Jan 22, 2020 11:37 AM
Apr 2019
It was apparent that the effect of the time spell would be temporary and that Hitomi would eventually return to her timeline, but I didn't expect Hitomi could cease to exist if she was not sent back.

The sequence of the paper plane, the exchange of home lights and, finally, running towards each other to join in an emotional embrace was very touching. At last they revealed their feelings to each other.

It seems that we're heading towards a bittersweet finale.
Mar 5, 2020 12:43 AM

Jan 2011
That was a strong scene to end the episode on.
Aug 12, 2020 6:09 PM

Sep 2016
So Counter Force is canon here too. Lol.
bruh
Nov 21, 2020 11:47 PM

Apr 2020
Damn, the hug at the end is so warm
Nov 30, 2022 5:00 PM

Oct 2022
Absolutely loving this show. This episode the feels train started rolling into the station. I fully expect to bawl my eyes out during the last two episodes.

I think the studio has done a great job setting things up. We have seen Hitomi go through the trials of making friends, getting close with them, falling in love, now finally learning to express those feelings.

Aug 2, 2023 9:26 PM

Feb 2019
I thought this was going to end with Hitomi never going back to her real time, but it seems this is headed for one bittersweet ending ;-;

That final scene was beautiful yet sad. It seems Hitomi with the little time she has left has realised the importance of her feelings. "会いたかったよ" indeed. That was a really good scene, along with that paper plane with the word 会いたい on it. I wish there was some way to let them be together and to let Hitomi stay in the past.
Oct 8, 2023 10:07 AM

Apr 2020
The scene with the paper airplane was amazing and it completely dispelled the dullness I felt in the previous episodes. I loved how they chose to convey emotions through paper airplanes instead of just using smartphones, which added a more touching and heartfelt element to the directing.

And that scene with the on-off switch of the lights as a signalling device was so clever. It felt almost telepathic and gave a sense of them finally achieving mutual understanding. And Nagi's ED song added to the fantastic atmosphere. The silent pauses between the lyrics captured the explosion of emotions between the two MCs perfectly.

That embrace they shared when they finally met had a thrilling sensation of breaking taboos, which was a stark contrast to their previous attempts to suppress their feelings. Incredibly satisfying to watch!

Oct 11, 2023 5:04 AM
Jan 2021
I need to know why they contacting like they are in era without phones
Because it's 2018 and everyone had smart phone but hitomi contacted yuito with a fricking magic paperplane ?
The first 2 episodes are the only good thing about this show
Anyway I still like hitomi character then it's the short hair girl
Nov 28, 2023 5:18 PM

Nov 2022
Let's hope the meet in the future but then again he will be an old man. I'm curious to see how this will work out. May be she will meet his great-grandson or something.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

289 by bury133 »»
Dec 25, 2023 4:30 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2018

72 by basskiller »»
Dec 1, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

62 by basskiller »»
Nov 26, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2018

114 by basskiller »»
Nov 25, 2023 7:28 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

60 by basskiller »»
Nov 24, 2023 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.