Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 14, 2018 5:01 AM

Aug 2012
Something I've done a couple of times over the last year or so is focus on a single year of Anime. I like many of us have literally thousands of Anime that in an ideal world I'd like to watch. A fun project I came up with was to pick a random year and to just watch a bunch of stuff from that year exclusively until I get bored and want to move on.

For example I picked 1997 earlier this year, no real reason it really was just random. I watched 8 TV series from 1997 and a handful of OVAs in the end over the course of 2 months or so. It was fun to essentially bed my conscience in a particular time period and get through a bunch of those 'shows I want to watch someday'.

Though there is some downsides to doing this, for one you'll likely discover shows that aren't that good and if you're like me you'll stick through them anyway to completion. I watched Flame of Recca which I unfortunately didn't enjoy anywhere near as much as I hoped. Ganbare Goemon was a weird completely misdirected series by those making it and was just very plain and uninspired. Virus Buster Surge was hot trash. So yeah watching those was less fun BUT then I watched quite abit I really liked and in the case of Hyper Police absolutely fell in love with (I gave Hyper Police 10/10).

I did this before with 1989 as well and alittle bit with 2001+2004. It's just a fun way to get through some stuff that you might never get around to otherwise. I recommend it.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 14, 2018 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
I would like to focus more on single years when I eventually get the time.

After watching Rose of Versailles a few years back and loving it, I suddenly had a massive interest in 70s anime, and I seeked out shows such as Takarajima, Future Boy Conan, Lupin III Part 1 and Nobody's Boy Remi, all great shows that I'd gladly recommend to anyone. I also enjoyed late 70s anime films such as Ringing Bell, Galaxy Express 999 and Aim for the Ace. Would love to check out more at some point, the 70s seems to be one of the best eras for anime. Plus, funk music and groovy baselines add alot of charm to the soundtracks. As much as I love the 80s, I feel that it's starting to feel a bit overplayed, whereas I'm starting to find 70s culture more interesting.
Dec 14, 2018 5:47 AM
Nov 2018
You can also just check your favorite creator's page, seiyuu's. I found lots of great anime doing that. Also browsing the studio's page helps, too.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Ongoing Old School Anime Fansubs ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RobdeFR - Jan 26, 2010

2253 by JohnnyChuck »»
Apr 21, 8:08 AM

» A Thread for talking about Akira Toriyama

MrYuVideo - Mar 10

1 by RobdeFR »»
Apr 18, 8:46 AM

» I admit, I actually find Sailor Moon to be "girlier" than Tokyo Mew Mew and that's not a bad thing

removed-user - Feb 5

0 by removed-user »»
Feb 5, 5:14 PM

» Chronological Order of Some Well Known Anime

Anakin1981 - Sep 15, 2011

40 by Anakin1981 »»
Jan 29, 11:55 PM

» The oldest anime you've watched. ( 1 2 3 )

Vulfreyde - Mar 28, 2012

134 by AverageRiceFan »»
Dec 30, 2023 9:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.