Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 13, 2018 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, Tae Yamada went a bit crazy there for a sec.

I hope Sakura is doing fine mentally since she's feeling somewhat distressed. At least her friends are very supportive. Personally, I think Sakura has come a long way since becoming a zombie. Got to see more of Sakura' past too. She was a typical kid based on her story.

Hopefully Sakura can take a charge of her life. Respect to their manager for talking to her.
Stark700Dec 13, 2018 9:12 AM
Dec 13, 2018 9:03 AM

Sep 2018
In the beginning, I really hated the idea of Sakura being a blank slate with no memories, but I did not predict the way it was going te be used in the story. Pretty cool, Sakura feels like somewhat of a different character now. I especially like it how the series portrays hard work with neglect of everything else in your life. Was pretty disappointed that the episode ended and I really can't wait for the finale now.
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
Dec 13, 2018 9:40 AM

Nov 2011
Sakura went from boring to relatable for me. lol
Dec 13, 2018 9:40 AM
Aug 2018
Welp. It's a really good episode, didn't think Sakura was that depressed, she's like a whole new character now. Pretty disappointed that Kotaro isn't her relative or someone she even met, the episode also teases a lot of stuff, which raised some question:
-Why did Kotaro choose Sakura? Who is he? Just some random crazy guy?
-How can Ai notice Sakura among 500 people at one event?
-Who is that bartender? He just chewed some dry squid..
-When the bartender mention "I thought your damn brain had gone rotten" to Kotaro, does that line implies anything?
-What's the deal with the scar on Sakura's forehead? Bite of 2008?
-When will season 2 starts airing?
Dec 13, 2018 9:42 AM

May 2010
The question matter to me the most is definitely...
Who tf is Kotaro?!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2018 9:46 AM
Aug 2018
Such a mysterious idol producer
Dec 13, 2018 9:53 AM
Aug 2018
Seems like they added more sound effects to the theme song.
Dec 13, 2018 10:10 AM
Mar 2018
Hah, nailed it! SO she was remembering Ai's as a fan back in the days at Arpino. Too bad this episode was more filler and depressing backstories, but at least Tae-chan saved the day again. Also, is it just my superstition or was the girl that was trying to console Sakura back at school in her memories Tae-chan? And may Kotaro and that bar dude be zombies as well? They raised some flags there. But glad to see that even though all that gloom happened she became just what Ai is - a zombie that is...
Dec 13, 2018 10:11 AM
Oct 2017
bartender intrigues me, because the way he was talking suggests suggests that it comes from another era (he may be just 60 years old)
he also knows the name of our legendary courtesan and he seems very attached to her
what is this folk outfit that yugiri put on to see depressed Sakura? 1h time to put it and Minamoto fled
only 1 episode left to hope to know his past
Dec 13, 2018 10:14 AM

Jan 2013
Really, adding drama to a nonsensical show like this was the worst thing they could do. It's suited for a parody, not for trying to be sad and emotional.
Dec 13, 2018 10:22 AM
Dec 2018
So I've seen this post on Twitter, and other japanese people have replied similar posts as well. Apparently the bartender is implied to be Xu Fu, a court "sorcerer" from an old China dynasty who was assigned to find the "elixir of life" just to never return. Xu Fu can be pronounced (or written) as Jofuku, just like the name of the bar in ZLS. There are two pictures in said bar: a picture of what apparently is a real museum in Japan dedicated to Xu Fu, located in the Saga prefecture. The other one is an statue that represents Xu Fu.

https://twitter.com/wtosh_/status/1073255265309523968
Dec 13, 2018 10:23 AM
Aug 2018
fuyuki said:
Really, adding drama to a nonsensical show like this was the worst thing they could do. It's suited for a parody, not for trying to be sad and emotional.
Nonsensical? You must be pretty shallow then, the show is deep af if you care to think.
Dec 13, 2018 10:29 AM

Jan 2013
Adam1202P said:
fuyuki said:
Nonsensical? You must be pretty shallow then, the show is deep af if you care to think.
Lol. Zombie trying to be idols because reasons - yes this is nonsensical. It could be a great parody, it actually was for the first 3 or so episodes. It's not deep, it's trying to be deep but fails hard because of the silly premise that's not suited for serious things like that.
fuyukiDec 13, 2018 5:14 PM
Dec 13, 2018 10:48 AM

Dec 2017
fuyuki said:

well, not that this is the first time they've done this with the episodic dramas for every single girl except Yuugiri and Tae. ever since then the show stopped being a parody and is more like an average idol show with a different setting
Dec 13, 2018 11:01 AM

Jan 2013
uninstallthegame said:
fuyuki said:

well, not that this is the first time they've done this with the episodic dramas for every single girl except Yuugiri and Tae. ever since then the show stopped being a parody and is more like an average idol show with a different setting
Yeah I know, it's not like I noticed now, it's just that this drama with Sakura is the most forced one so far imo. I actually liked the drama with Saki (it was still out of place but it was something) and I somehow stomached the previous ones despite the weird tonal dissonance, but this.. this one is too much. Sakura did a 180 and turned emo. Also I'm somewhat dissapointed that the show did what you say - turned into average idol anime, somehow.
Dec 13, 2018 11:18 AM

Feb 2014
Damn it, Sakura just need to chill out!
Dec 13, 2018 11:22 AM
Mar 2015
We always knew how Sakura died We did not know that she had decided to take a chance on life again because of Ai when she walked out that door that day
Dec 13, 2018 11:27 AM

Jun 2014
Damn Sakura really had some shitty luck.

It's probably too late at this point but I'd really like to learn more about Tae and Kotaro. Also, that mysterious bartender who showed up briefly seems pretty interesting as well.

Lol, the music in that final scene, along with what Kotaro was saying to Sakura, made it feel like a battle shounen.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 13, 2018 11:37 AM
Oct 2018
I feel so bad for Sakura, I liked her before but now she's like a completely new character and it's somewhat relatable, I hope she gets to be happy again

Also what's the deal with Kotaro lmao, I'm starting to think that he's a zombie aswell as the bartender dude, or atleast inmortal (only thing that makes me think he's NOT a zombie is when he took a bath in the springs and his make up didnt come off)

Great ep and i hope the ending isn't sad (judging by the ED song which talks about goodbyes and memories)
Dec 13, 2018 12:10 PM

Dec 2016
Sakura is having a hard time accepting the fact that she's a zombie idol and that her memories of her life came back =w= I am wondering how this'll end...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 13, 2018 12:40 PM

Apr 2016
This episode raised more questions than answers. Kinda interesting they gave Sakura a backstory. Always thought that she was going to be a blank slate.
Dec 13, 2018 12:42 PM
Nov 2015

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡⚆ل͜ ͡⚆)
Dec 13, 2018 12:45 PM

May 2018
WTF did they just went back to the part where Sakura woke up and finds a hard time of accepting that she's a zombie, when they could've put a back story with Tae and Yuugiri as to how they died?????

So Sakura was Ai's fan and her inspiration of wanting to become an idol.

Ya know they should have used everything in this ep from the start.
Dec 13, 2018 1:21 PM

Jul 2013
Well, the "old" Sakura ended being more interesting of what I thought she would be. Poor girl, she failed hard through her life despite giving her best, and when she found what may had been her salvation, she ended truck'd and dead. No wonder she's so cynical. She looked so happy in the first scene of the series, but was deader inside even more of how dead she has been through the series.

Wonder what the fuck Kotaro is. Is he a zombie too? An inmortal being perhaps? Does he knew Sakura when he was alive (the dialogue at the end when he says he will always be with her seems to imply he at least knew her, even if she doesn't knows who he is)? Is the bartender that appeared in this episode another supernatural being? So many questions, so few responses. I wouldn't be surprised if they would end the show without answering them.

One episode left before this ends, don't know if the ending will be closed, but I hope it's end being good, and, if the anime ends having an open ending, may a second season be made one day. Also, will Mappa be benevolent enough to let us see how Tae is in her noral form (if she has a normal form to begin with, of course)?
Dec 13, 2018 1:28 PM
Nov 2015
Why did the Zombies and Kotaro started to do noises in the OP?
Dec 13, 2018 1:29 PM

Jul 2017
Pretty nice episode.
Dec 13, 2018 1:53 PM

Nov 2016
And I thought my luck would be bad, lol.

This seems to be the weakest arc of the series, that's really unforunate, but I still hope that the last episode will salve it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 13, 2018 2:23 PM

Apr 2015
The preview gives me a sense that the next episode is not the last.

Anywasy, I enjoyed this episode a lot for some reason, it made Sakura more 'human' so to speak.

I do not know how they will end it with the last episode and hopefully it is not rushed, it will be a shame since this series is actually pretty good.
Dec 13, 2018 2:32 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Sucks to be Sakura lol

But man I really wanna know more about Kotaro now....Who was that old dude that he was with and what was his relationship with Yugiri?!?!? (Whom I also want to know more about)

This finale better answer all of my questions lol
Dec 13, 2018 3:04 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
At this point i wouldnt even be surprised that they announce a second season or at least a special with its success in japan and how the story is going. Theres no way they can wrap it up in 1 episode with all the stuff left.

Adam1202P said:
fuyuki said:

Look, i love that anime and its pretty much AOTS for me (says the guy who only kept watching 2 anime this season) but ZLS is definitly not ''deep af''.
DatRandomDudeDec 13, 2018 3:19 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 13, 2018 3:16 PM

Jan 2017
Next one is the last one :(
Dec 13, 2018 3:30 PM

Nov 2013
Kotarou is most likely a zombie that "lived" for a long time. That bartender might be the one who resurrected him for a reason, or the only person who knows who he actually is...

The show has become so much better...glad i didn't drop it after ep2, though today is the day i returned to it xD
Dec 13, 2018 3:36 PM

Apr 2015
So as expected, Sakura gained her memories before she died, but lost the ones which she made with the other zombie Idols... We saw a bit of a backstory of Sakura and why she doesn't want to be an idol. Koutarou sure did a hell of a speech at the end!

felipeliborio said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡⚆ل͜ ͡⚆)

THIS! This was so god damn funny XD
Dec 13, 2018 4:06 PM

Dec 2014
That was a nice episode.

Felt really bad for Sakura, that's some real shitty luck. She tried her very best only to be ousted by luck. Ironic how she was more dead inside when she was alive than when she was brought back as a zombie. I can understand why she's so unmotivated in her present state.

Kotaro is awesome as always, loved every bit of that final conversation including all his outbursts. XD
Wonder who the old man Kotaro was talking to was and I guess that also raises the question of who Kotaro himself is. The old man seems to know about Yugiri and Kotaro is well just a big black box. xD

Looking forward to the finale next week, it's probably gonna be left open with Sakura returning to sing as the ending but I hope there's a second season.
Dec 13, 2018 4:22 PM
Dec 2017
Melcookie96 said:
Lol, for me it was exactly the opposite. I loved her but now I find her boring
Dec 13, 2018 4:28 PM
Oct 2017
we now know the second biggest fear of Miss Mizuno, which she had in mind during episode1 (I do not know the name)

it may sound a bit stupid but I wonder if the girls are going to celebrate their death anniversary
Dec 13, 2018 4:53 PM
Mar 2017
Adam1202P said:
Welp. It's a really good episode, didn't think Sakura was that depressed, she's like a whole new character now. Pretty disappointed that Kotaro isn't her relative or someone she even met, the episode also teases a lot of stuff, which raised some question:
-Why did Kotaro choose Sakura? Who is he? Just some random crazy guy?
-How can Ai notice Sakura among 500 people at one event?
-Who is that bartender? He just chewed some dry squid..
-When the bartender mention "I thought your damn brain had gone rotten" to Kotaro, does that line implies anything?
-What's the deal with the scar on Sakura's forehead? Bite of 2008?
-When will season 2 starts airing?
I said a theory a long time ago that the Manager could be the one that ran over Sakura.
I still think the same, I hope that in the next episode many things will be explained

Wait ... this anime will have its second season? ...
Researching I found this article:
https://www.monstersandcritics.com/anime/zombieland-saga-season-2-release-date-zombie-land-saga-manga-franchouchou-characters-anime-interview/

Summary level SSJ 999: Nothing has been confirmed yet, we will have to wait if the end is open for a sequel.

11 episodes and still nothing is known about Tae :C

FireCrauterDec 13, 2018 11:30 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 13, 2018 5:01 PM
Jul 2018
Pessimism intensifies

@felipeliborio Heheheheh
Dec 13, 2018 5:06 PM

Oct 2015
Tatsumi is really mysterious, maybe he knows Sakura from ten years back. That conversation kinda got me suspicious, at least I hope they know each other. Maybe he is doing all this for her, I hope so otherwise it would be so sweet man.

I know Sakura will get back to the group but I hope it will be uncovering and yet truly emotional.

Great episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 13, 2018 5:35 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
This adds quite a bit of depth to Sakura's character. We actually never really knew Sakura all along. The first time we saw her was when she had recovered from her depression. We've been fooled the whole time thinking she's a happy go lucky girl, when in reality her life has been quite tragic.

I'm hoping Ai learns just how influential she was to Sakura.

While I'd love to know more about Yugiri and Tae, this was some substantial development for Sakura.
Dec 13, 2018 6:07 PM

Aug 2010
Now the OP scene means different to me after this episode.
Dec 13, 2018 6:25 PM

Oct 2017
That was a good focus on Sakura.
Dec 13, 2018 7:18 PM
Mar 2017
Sakura remembers who she was before she died, but she forgets everything related to Franchouchou and her friends.
I think Sakura is the second character with the worst luck I've seen in an anime, all her chances of achieving a goal were ruined.
At last we know what relationship there was between Sakura and Ai, She was a fan of the group of idols that Ai belonged to and Sakura was identified by the words of Ai in an interview.
I loved that all the girls tried to make Sakura feel better and go back to being an idol, although Sakura was a little hard with Junko and Lily (poor little girls who came back crying)
I loved it when it was Yuugiri's turn, that costume looked incredible.
A detail that caught my attention was the bartender with whom Koutaro spoke, it seems that he knew Yuugiri in the past, but even so the dates do not match (will this mysterious old man be a zombie too?)
In the end Koutaro tries to convince Sakura to straighten up and practice again with Franchouchou, but Sakura's heart is so hurt by her horrible bad luck that she keeps denying it, but our crazy producer seems to not accept a "no" as a answer.
The next week will be the last episode and I look forward to a final episode that makes me laugh a lot.
Dec 13, 2018 8:52 PM

Mar 2015
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
WTF did they just went back to the part where Sakura woke up and finds a hard time of accepting that she's a zombie, when they could've put a back story with Tae and Yuugiri as to how they died?????

There was not screen time for them, but I think Yuugiri was decapitated because the scar on her neck.
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Dec 13, 2018 9:07 PM

Oct 2015
What a good episode, especially if you took a look for Sakura perspective.

Now I want they to tell something truth about Kotarou in last episode.
Dec 13, 2018 9:44 PM
Jan 2017
I was not expecting all of them feels, poor Sakura
Dec 13, 2018 9:45 PM

Oct 2011
CARR74 said:
Melcookie96 said:
Lol, for me it was exactly the opposite. I loved her but now I find her boring

I was going to say the same thing to that same comment lol
I love this anime but this episode was the most boring for me. I can't believe they wasted potential Tae or Yuugiri backstory for this.

I can understand why Sakura would feel scared and lacking in confidence, but towards the end it felt dragged out and overdone. I'm not saying her backstory wasn't sad, but it didn't feel as impactful as the other girls. Like she was being a bit over dramatic. Plus she was such a jerk to the girls who were being very obviously caring towards her :(
Dec 13, 2018 10:25 PM

Jul 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
That was a nice episode.

Felt really bad for Sakura, that's some real shitty luck. She tried her very best only to be ousted by luck. Ironic how she was more dead inside when she was alive than when she was brought back as a zombie. I can understand why she's so unmotivated in her present state.

Kotaro is awesome as always, loved every bit of that final conversation including all his outbursts. XD
Wonder who the old man Kotaro was talking to was and I guess that also raises the question of who Kotaro himself is. The old man seems to know about Yugiri and Kotaro is well just a big black box. xD

Looking forward to the finale next week, it's probably gonna be left open with Sakura returning to sing as the ending but I hope there's a second season.

Same thoughts here...Sakura's NEW state of regaining her memories was a laywaste pile of constant bad luck...

AND...although the majority sides that Sakura's backstory is one that is overdone and dragged on for too long instead of giving Yuugiri or Tae their own backstory, they could have done it with just 2 episodes and be fine by that. But this episode, whatever it is, I accept it. Some say with even the worst luck they have, they make the best out of it (Junko, Ai etc. from past episodes), and this is what Sakura needs RIGHT NOW: the motivation that she has been since Episode 2.

The motivation speech from Kotaro, just impressive. Shows that he's been through more than just Franchouchou, he also has a dream and doesn't want to give up.
KANLen09Dec 13, 2018 10:28 PM
Dec 13, 2018 11:23 PM

Apr 2016
Pretty serious episode with Sakura's bad luck drama.
Feel bad for her though.

Dec 13, 2018 11:26 PM

Dec 2014
well Sakura remembered and all good focus story... liked this episode...well I guess last episode to go
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

293 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

117 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

378 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

171 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2018

159 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 4, 11:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.