Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Yearly Manga and Light Novel Rankings for 2018

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
#1
Dec 10, 2018 11:14 PM
News Team
˻🦇˺ ˻🎃˺ ˻👻˺

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2521
Here are the manga and light novel sales rankings for the fiscal year of 2018 (November 20, 2017 - November 18, 2018).

Manga Sales by Series
*1. 8,113,317 One Piece
*2. 6,718,185 Boku no Hero Academia
*3. 5,235,963 Shingeki no Kyojin
*4. 5,214,085 Slam Dunk
*5. 5,030,624 Haikyuu!!
*6. 4,970,171 Kingdom
*7. 4,867,680 Nanatsu no Taizai
*8. 4,246,955 Yakusoku no Neverland
*9. 3,460,066 Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
10. 3,267,843 Tokyo Ghoul:re


Manga Sales by Volumes
*1. 2,476,305 One Piece Vol.88
*2. 2,167,146 One Piece Vol.89
*3. 2,074,623 One Piece Vol.90
*4. 1,486,038 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.24
*5. 1,358,623 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.25
*6. 1,226,619 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.26
*7. 1,090,958 Hunter x Hunter Vol.35
*8. *,892,834 Hunter x Hunter Vol.36
*9. *,846,414 Kingdom Vol.50
10. *,845,862 Kingdom Vol.49

11. *,821,501 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.17
12. *,812,204 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.18
13. *,790,286 Kingdom Vol.51
14. *,787,332 Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol.14
15. *,771,570 Haikyuu!! Vol.29
16. *,758,175 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.19
17. *,756,335 Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol.15
18. *,750,139 Haikyuu!! Vol.30
19. *,743,333 One Punch-Man Vol.15
20. *,739,230 Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol.16

Rank 21 - 50



Light Novel Sales by Series
*1. *,807,693 Overlord
*2. *,630,889 Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
*3. *,626,952 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
*4. *,619,031 Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
*5. *,539,277 Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
*6. *,478,242 Ryuuou no Oshigoto!
*7. *,426,794 Sword Art Online: Progressive
*8. *,393,949 Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e
*9. *,371,626 Sword Art Online
10. *,350,960 No Game No Life


Light Novel Sales by Volumes
*1. *,240,361 Overlord Vol.13
*2. *,208,825 Sword Art Online: Progressive Vol.5
*3. *,177,656 Sword Art Online: Progressive Vol.6
*4. *,170,766 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol.24
*5. *,166,745 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol.25
*6. *,161,121 No Game No Life Vol.10
*7. *,152,569 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol.26
*8. *,143,251 Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Vol.13
*9. *,138,937 Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Vol.13
10. *,131,790 Meitantei Conan: Zero no Shikkounin

11. *,128,339 Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Vol.14
12. *,*99,483 One Piece Novel A Vol.1
13. *,*82,217 One Piece Novel A Vol.2
14. *,*67,197 Bokura no 7-kan Sensou
15. *,*57,763 Boku no Hero Academia: Yuuei Hakusho


Light Novels Separated by Specific Ranking


Source: Oricon Youtaiju

← First Half

Submit News ∶∶ GuidelinesBBcode GuideJazz-hop ∶∶ Synth ∶∶ E-Swing@Snow for news edits!
 
#2
Dec 11, 2018 1:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 101
No surprise for the top 3 manga.
Slam Dunk in 4th really surprised me tho. What really happened? Did they re-release it in much better quality or what?

Also happy to see Slime got into top 10.
 
#3
Dec 11, 2018 1:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 175
Nice to see Neverland is in the top 10
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
 
#4
Dec 11, 2018 1:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1882
overrated garbage academy, hope it dies soon
 
#5
Dec 11, 2018 2:12 AM
IchiGOAT

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 585
Hmmm wonder what happened to Shokugeki no Soma? Or is it just in the lower ranks?
 
#6
Dec 11, 2018 2:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5750
ColdBlackTeaFan said:
No surprise for the top 3 manga.
Slam Dunk in 4th really surprised me tho. What really happened? Did they re-release it in much better quality or what?

Also happy to see Slime got into top 10.


It got re-released with new volume covers by Inoue.

Happy for Kingdom still hanging in there.
 
#7
Dec 11, 2018 2:46 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1636
Good job there Slam Dunk. After all these years you are great. I hope we get anime of Shohoku vs Sannoh.

 
#8
Dec 11, 2018 2:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 2085
No surprise with top 10 LN, but damn Loli's Shogi still strong, smh Japan.
 
#9
Dec 11, 2018 3:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 357
AnimeSucks420 said:
overrated garbage academy, hope it dies soon


Man you guys are funny, especially when you flag yourself with words like trigger & animesucks which is basically admitting that you really are just tiny little troll. Keep on being a special needs child.

Hell yeah Promised Neveland, keep on selling well. Man I really should also get into Kingdom.
Modified by Slimcoder, Dec 11, 2018 3:41 AM
I used to be a watchmaker.
 
Dec 11, 2018 3:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2552
Antagonized said:
Hmmm wonder what happened to Shokugeki no Soma? Or is it just in the lower ranks?


Well, seeing the previous and the current trash arc it's not wondering that it's not in the top I think even those Japanese don't like those kinds of trashy villains.
 
Dec 11, 2018 4:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6843
Has there EVER been a series that got into the top 10 for both manga and LN both at the same time, or did Slime accomplish that as the first series to do that in all of history?


And I am not quite sure if splitting SAO and SAO:P makes much sense. SAO could have gotten #2 in total series sales for LN if it had been done like that.
Modified by Grey-Zone, Dec 11, 2018 4:27 AM
 
Dec 11, 2018 4:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4148
For once One Piece isn't leading second place by a huge margin.

Cool to see Slam Dunk there even though it's been over for 20+ years. It's also nice to see Promised Neverland up there, especially since it's only been around for a couple years, and is the youngest manga in the top 10. Pretty impressive.
I'm no special story or anything. I'm just a manga that wants to be read, like you could find anywhere. But, if, for argument's sake, you were to adapt me into an anime series, it would certainly be....a tragedy.

-The Tokyo Ghoul/Tokyo Ghoul:re manga, if they could talk
 
Dec 11, 2018 4:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1882
Slimcoder said:
AnimeSucks420 said:
overrated garbage academy, hope it dies soon


Man you guys are funny, especially when you flag yourself with words like trigger & animesucks which is basically admitting that you really are just tiny little troll. Keep on being a special needs child.

Hell yeah Promised Neveland, keep on selling well. Man I really should also get into Kingdom.


thank you, very cool
 
Dec 11, 2018 4:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 357
AnimeSucks420 said:
Slimcoder said:


Man you guys are funny, especially when you flag yourself with words like trigger & animesucks which is basically admitting that you really are just tiny little troll. Keep on being a special needs child.

Hell yeah Promised Neveland, keep on selling well. Man I really should also get into Kingdom.


thank you, very cool


No thanks necessary. :)
I used to be a watchmaker.
 
Dec 11, 2018 4:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 18115
Congintive said:
Antagonized said:
Hmmm wonder what happened to Shokugeki no Soma? Or is it just in the lower ranks?


Well, seeing the previous and the current trash arc it's not wondering that it's not in the top I think even those Japanese don't like those kinds of trashy villains.
Asahi make Azami look like god in comparison.
"Kickstarter for Rokujouma physical book is live. Click here to participate."

Current status (10/10): All goal cleared
Stretch goal 3 (16/10): $98,519/85,000
 
Dec 11, 2018 4:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 196
AnimeSucks420 said:
Slimcoder said:


Man you guys are funny, especially when you flag yourself with words like trigger & animesucks which is basically admitting that you really are just tiny little troll. Keep on being a special needs child.

Hell yeah Promised Neveland, keep on selling well. Man I really should also get into Kingdom.


thank you, very cool

How can you have such a shit taste and still be so confident about what you say.
SAO 10/10, Fairy tail 9/10 and Akame ga kill 10/10
MAL accepts attention seekers, I mean we have Swaggernator but at least he is having a great taste.
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

 
Dec 11, 2018 5:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 457
One Piece as expected is on top (but its sales are decreasing) but wow BnHa came quite close. I knew it was popular but I didn't know it was that popular.

Glad to see both the manga and LN of Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken in the top 10. It still want it to do even better. It got its boost in the last season of the year with the anime adaptation otherwise I think it would have done even better. Hope its sales continue like this into the next year.

Tokyo Ghoul:re just manages to make it into the top 10. The manga is done so this is the last year we shall see it. Frankly the sequel manga was utter trash which is a damn shame as the original was one of my favourites and I loved Kaneki as a character.

Wow Yakusoku no Neverland is ranked 8th even before it's anime releases. That's impressive. Excited to watch it's anime next season, heard lots of amazing things about it. Bet it's gonna explode in popularity.

I never knew Overlord was so popular either. Managed to top even with the terrible MadHouse adaptation.
We need a new season of No Game No Life already. Same for Re:Zero.
Also wow no Index in the LN category? Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Our existence precedes our essence
 
Dec 11, 2018 5:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1882
Bloe said:
AnimeSucks420 said:


thank you, very cool

How can you have such a shit taste and still be so confident about what you say.
SAO 10/10, Fairy tail 9/10 and Akame ga kill 10/10
MAL accepts attention seekers, I mean we have Swaggernator but at least he is having a great taste.


they are all way better than this pile of shit bnha tho
ok, mr violet evergarden in favorites
 
Dec 11, 2018 5:44 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 8
thebrentinator24 said:
For once One Piece isn't leading second place by a huge margin.

Cool to see Slam Dunk there even though it's been over for 20+ years. It's also nice to see Promised Neverland up there, especially since it's only been around for a couple years, and is the youngest manga in the top 10. Pretty impressive.


You see the thing is one piece had one less volume released this year when compared to previous year. Plus the latest volume was released last week. That is the reason for the sales to be low when compared to the previous years
 
Dec 11, 2018 5:47 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 8
-InfiniteLoop- said:
One Piece as expected is on top (but its sales are decreasing) but wow BnHa came quite close. I knew it was popular but I didn't know it was that popular.

Glad to see both the manga and LN of Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken in the top 10. It still want it to do even better. It got its boost in the last season of the year with the anime adaptation otherwise I think it would have done even better. Hope its sales continue like this into the next year.

Tokyo Ghoul:re just manages to make it into the top 10. The manga is done so this is the last year we shall see it. Frankly the sequel manga was utter trash which is a damn shame as the original was one of my favourites and I loved Kaneki as a character.

Wow Yakusoku no Neverland is ranked 8th even before it's anime releases. That's impressive. Excited to watch it's anime next season, heard lots of amazing things about it. Bet it's gonna explode in popularity.

I never knew Overlord was so popular either. Managed to top even with the terrible MadHouse adaptation.
We need a new season of No Game No Life already. Same for Re:Zero.
Also wow no Index in the LN category? Oh how the mighty have fallen.

You see the thing is one piece had one less volume released this year when compared to previous year. Plus the latest volume was released last week. That is the reason for the sales to be low when compared to the previous years
 
Dec 11, 2018 5:49 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 8
I see people saying that one piece sales have gone down. The reason for that is,one piece had one less volume released this year when compared to previous year. Plus the latest volume was released last week. That is the reason for the sales to be low when compared to the previous years
 
Dec 11, 2018 6:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 196
AnimeSucks420 said:
Bloe said:

How can you have such a shit taste and still be so confident about what you say.
SAO 10/10, Fairy tail 9/10 and Akame ga kill 10/10
MAL accepts attention seekers, I mean we have Swaggernator but at least he is having a great taste.


they are all way better than this pile of shit bnha tho
ok, mr violet evergarden in favorites

Look, people like different things.

Boom. Now you are more understanding than 10% of the MAL (the worst part)

People like Bnha cause it is..I don't know the correct word but I guess a.."realistic shounen.?".
And come on, you know how all of yours have a shit load of plot holes.
Maybe that's your thing and I don't mind it.
Modified by Bloe, Dec 11, 2018 6:10 AM
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

 
Dec 11, 2018 6:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1882
Bloe said:
AnimeSucks420 said:


they are all way better than this pile of shit bnha tho
ok, mr violet evergarden in favorites

Look, people like different things.

Boom. Now you are more understanding than 10% of the MAL (the worst part)

People like Bnha cause it is..I don't know the correct word but I guess a.."realistic shounen.?".
And come on, you know how all of yours have a shit load of plot holes.
Maybe that's your thing and I don't mind it.


nothing is realistic in that overhyped garbage lol
 
Dec 11, 2018 6:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 128
I swear, this list gets worse every year. also, diamond no ace act 2 is way better than haikyuu in my humble opinion
 
Dec 11, 2018 6:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 13299
Fucking one piece as expected.

Also Slam Dunk in the list! My pp hard
 
Dec 11, 2018 6:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 196
Bloe said:

MAL accepts attention seekers

huh

sorry for giving a serious answer
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

 
Dec 11, 2018 6:33 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
Can someone explain how MHA is 2nd overall but at the same time, doesn't have a single volume in the top 10?
 
Dec 11, 2018 6:36 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
Bloe said:
AnimeSucks420 said:


they are all way better than this pile of shit bnha tho
ok, mr violet evergarden in favorites

Look, people like different things.

Boom. Now you are more understanding than 10% of the MAL (the worst part)

People like Bnha cause it is..I don't know the correct word but I guess a.."realistic shounen.?".
And come on, you know how all of yours have a shit load of plot holes.
Maybe that's your thing and I don't mind it.


Eh nothing against the series, but realistic is the last thing I'd call it.
 
Dec 11, 2018 8:21 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 11
Index LN's sales might just pick up with the anime airing now.
 
Dec 11, 2018 8:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 259
Bloe said:
AnimeSucks420 said:


they are all way better than this pile of shit bnha tho
ok, mr violet evergarden in favorites

Look, people like different things.

Boom. Now you are more understanding than 10% of the MAL (the worst part)

People like Bnha cause it is..I don't know the correct word but I guess a.."realistic shounen.?".
And come on, you know how all of yours have a shit load of plot holes.
Maybe that's your thing and I don't mind it.

lmao did you just say "people like different things" when you were the one to trash him for his favorites in the first place..?
 
Dec 11, 2018 10:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 8786
Grey-Zone said:
Has there EVER been a series that got into the top 10 for both manga and LN both at the same time, or did Slime accomplish that as the first series to do that in all of history?



One Piece did it for individual volume rankings in 2011 and would almost certainly have done so for the series rankings as well - volume 2 of strong worlds got 132k sales in a month with 6 months frm then to the end of the year, so you're looking at at least 360k sales for the series plus whatever it sold in those 6 months. I'm not sure if the series rankings existed back then, though.
Modified by kuuderes_shadow, Dec 11, 2018 10:14 AM
Weekly light novel releases (from 20/10/2014)
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club).
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
 
Dec 11, 2018 11:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 144
As expected of One Piece!! Always on the top.

Also happy for Slam dunk, even after 20 years, it is still loved my many people. A masterpiece will always be a masterpiece.
 
Dec 11, 2018 2:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 4507
DaddyGensai said:
Can someone explain how MHA is 2nd overall but at the same time, doesn't have a single volume in the top 10?
A ton of backlog sales
 
Dec 11, 2018 2:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 696
of course One Piece take the number 1 spot, especially conclusion of WCI and we get Reverie and Wano.

so My Hero Academia 3rd season anime really boost manga popularity even take second place this time

really good news for The Promised Neverland for 8th place even without anime adaptation yet. So i think next year it can take top 5 (if anime adaptaion goes well, i am looking to you Cloverworks/A1-Pictures/Aniplex)

so both Reincarnated as a Slime manga and LN take Top 10, anime is still going with good quality, so i expect it will be around top 10 again for both manga and LN.

and where can i look for manga sales for newest series like Jujutsu Kaisen and Act-age from Weekly Shonen Jump, also i am suprised Seishun Buta Yarou didn't make it despite have good anime reception from community.
 
Dec 11, 2018 3:14 PM

Online
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 4649
gadboyz said:
also i am suprised Seishun Buta Yarou didn't make it despite have good anime reception from community.
That's expecting alot considering the anime only came out this spring, thus the boost to the sales have only been happening for a little over a few months. Maybe if the anime aired during the winter season, but no way is it breaking into the top of the sales rankings for the year in such a short timespan
My Queens

 
Dec 11, 2018 5:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 31123
gadboyz said:
and where can i look for manga sales for newest series like Jujutsu Kaisen and Act-age from Weekly Shonen Jump,
the weekly report has them..
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
 
Dec 11, 2018 6:43 PM
ドリフト

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1439
oh it's interesting to see slam dunk on this list :eyes: it makes me want to actually finish it now



i am alone again and i want to be so;
alone with the pure sky and open sea


:¨·.·¨:
      `·..  reins

 
Dec 12, 2018 5:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6843
kuuderes_shadow said:
Grey-Zone said:
Has there EVER been a series that got into the top 10 for both manga and LN both at the same time, or did Slime accomplish that as the first series to do that in all of history?



One Piece did it for individual volume rankings in 2011 and would almost certainly have done so for the series rankings as well - volume 2 of strong worlds got 132k sales in a month with 6 months frm then to the end of the year, so you're looking at at least 360k sales for the series plus whatever it sold in those 6 months. I'm not sure if the series rankings existed back then, though.

I see. Though I still think that there is a MASSIVE difference between a #1 manga series getting a top 10 ranked LN spin-off and a top 10 LN series getting its main story manga adaptation into the manga top 10.
 
Dec 12, 2018 1:20 PM
</overrated>

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 5094
BNHA was just under 1.4M away from One Piece year. It's catching up immensely.

I'm also rooting for YnN to get a ridiculous boost next year.

Bloe said:

People like Bnha cause it is..I don't know the correct word but I guess a.."realistic shounen.?"


No.
 
Dec 12, 2018 1:42 PM
魔王

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 2065
not surprised but it's nice to see slam dunk on the list.

「 花 」

your absence has gone through me
like a thread through a needle — &
everything is stitched with its color


former forum sets ; favorite manga


 
Dec 12, 2018 9:48 PM
</overrated>

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 5094
Lul-oppa said:
Stripes said:


No.

It's a fairly well written shounen imo


I love the series but nobody who likes it would call it "realistic".
 
Dec 13, 2018 12:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 908
It's great to see Slam Dunk at top 5.




i'm awesome right?!
fight me!!



 
Dec 13, 2018 12:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 303
Cloverfags btfo. Get out of the way boys, the new BIG SHOUNEN incoming.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 13, 2018 12:55 AM
Kotori❤Kanbe

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 4104
Lul-oppa said:
Stripes said:


No.

It's a fairly well written shounen imo

Its good but lets not call ot realistic
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. https://discord.gg/rRn6Jy3 if u want me to face reveal ask in pm
 
Dec 13, 2018 4:20 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 457
NGNL in top 10, season 2 fucking when Madhouse?

Bloe said:

MAL accepts attention seekers, I mean we have Swaggernator.

Had. RIP
"When you die, everybody knows you are dead, except you. It's the same when you have shit taste."



 
Dec 13, 2018 8:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10409
thebrentinator24 said:
For once One Piece isn't leading second place by a huge margin.

Cool to see Slam Dunk there even though it's been over for 20+ years. It's also nice to see Promised Neverland up there, especially since it's only been around for a couple years, and is the youngest manga in the top 10. Pretty impressive.


Nope, in 2014 one piece beat 2nd place snk by only 80k, that was the closes one piece has ever been to loosing its number 1 spot.

I have lost most of my interest in these rankings ever since I realise that the physical sales are dying, and oricon still haven't choose to count digital sales as well.

snk is doing great, I believe there is some unrealistic expectation for snk that it should always be 2nd to one piece or be the one competing with one piece, the thing is it is a monthly series and it only releases 3 volumes, not to mention most of its backlog sales has dried up meaning it is really relying only on its individual sales. snk is still the number 2 series when it comes to per volume sales which most people don't pay attention to.

I think snk probably will be 5th or even 6th next year, depending if my hero backlog sales is still strong, and I predict promised neverland and maybe the slime series will surpass it in overall sale next year.

 
Dec 13, 2018 8:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 47743
Slam Dunk anime remake when?
 
Dec 13, 2018 9:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 8786
keragamming said:

I have lost most of my interest in these rankings ever since I realise that the physical sales are dying, and oricon still haven't choose to count digital sales as well.



Figures from KonoRano suggest that for light novels, ebooks only make up around 20% of the market, with physical still accounting for 80%. Of course it would be nice to have figures for digital sales for a wide variety of reasons, but they're not all that much of the market and we're still a very long way from digital becoming the dominant form of sales, if we ever get there, let alone physical sales actually dying.

Manga sales may be more skewed towards digital sales, or they may not. I don't know.

What is definitely true, though, is that there are certain people on MAL and elsewhere who very heavily overstate any shift from physical to digital.
Weekly light novel releases (from 20/10/2014)
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club).
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
 
Dec 13, 2018 10:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 207
90% of mal is pirating their manga anyway....
 
Dec 13, 2018 10:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10409
kuuderes_shadow said:
keragamming said:

I have lost most of my interest in these rankings ever since I realise that the physical sales are dying, and oricon still haven't choose to count digital sales as well.



Figures from KonoRano suggest that for light novels, ebooks only make up around 20% of the market, with physical still accounting for 80%. Of course it would be nice to have figures for digital sales for a wide variety of reasons, but they're not all that much of the market and we're still a very long way from digital becoming the dominant form of sales, if we ever get there, let alone physical sales actually dying.

Manga sales may be more skewed towards digital sales, or they may not. I don't know.

What is definitely true, though, is that there are certain people on MAL and elsewhere who very heavily overstate any shift from physical to digital.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I saw a article saying digital sales has surpass manga sales overall?

aybekay said:
90% of mal is pirating their manga anyway....


These are sales only in Japan not outside of Japan, so your point is irrelevant here.
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »