New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 13, 2018 2:00 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Zelkiiro said:
Manaban said:
Most importantly, it coupled great with the fanservice :>

The fanservice in NGNL is just like its aesthetic--tacky and gross. I'm not much of a fanservice person in the first place, but when I want it, I prefer the more subtle day-to-day fanservice of something like Hibike! Euphonium.

For some odd reason, have the impression it isn't exactly concerned with being classy in NGNL. Which is pretty much exactly how I prefer it to be. More direct, more forceful, more aggressive.

Dec 13, 2018 6:35 AM
Oct 2018
Zelkiiro said:
idontknowsarcasm said:
the art style [of No Game no Life] it's one of the most beatiful you may see

Are you fucking joking? "Garish" was the word I used in my previous post, and it's the most appropriate word you could apply to No Game No Life's...well, just about everything, but especially its art style. "Gaudy" also comes to mind, along with "putrid" and "technicolor vomit."

-
i know that you said that, i just said that it's one of the most beatiful you ever see, that's all i did not really contradict you.
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 13, 2018 7:50 AM

Sep 2018
Some people dk what is really happening in this post. You need to have an IQ of at least 200 to be able to have such a great intelligence to feel that you were insulted by an anime :P, so let us intellectuals discuss about it.
Dec 13, 2018 7:54 AM

Apr 2018
Guible said:
Akerakai said:
We are so smart look at us: the thread..........
You dk what is really happening in this post. You need to have an IQ of at least 200 to be able to have such a great intelligence to feel that you were insulted by an anime :P, so let us intellectuals discuss about it.
maybe one day i will reach that iq and be able to bitch about the anime that insult my intelligence ....hopefully lol
Dec 13, 2018 8:54 AM

Nov 2017
Neon Genesis Eva, Lain, ergo proxy. They're too deep4me I just couldn't
Dec 13, 2018 9:31 AM

Sep 2014
Nothing really insult my intelligence since I don't take anime that seriously to begin with. It's just cringe-worthy when an anime try and act like it's deep or smart when it's just complete bullshit. There are bullshit anime everywhere, but when the anime take itself seriously it's unbearable. Otherwise it's just a stupid anime and the creator knows it already so I don't mind.

The only anime I had to drop because of the non-stop cringefest is Death Parade and I hope to never experiment something similar ever again.
Dec 13, 2018 9:38 AM

Jul 2007
K-On. I though it would be an anime about girls playing music. Instead they ate cakes and sucked down cups of tea and went to the beach more often than anything actually music related.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Dec 13, 2018 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
EndlessMaria said:
K-On. I though it would be an anime about girls playing music. Instead they ate cakes and sucked down cups of tea and went to the beach more often than anything actually music related.

They did play one song, in those 13 episodes tho. They were just a shitty band.
Dec 13, 2018 9:47 AM

Jul 2007
RetroBite said:

Lol yeah. K-On was as much of a music anime as The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Dec 13, 2018 9:50 AM
Jul 2018
EndlessMaria said:
RetroBite said:

Lol yeah. K-On was as much of a music anime as The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Haruhi Suzumiya was a better band actually.

Also Angel Beats was a much better music anime than K-On, and that wasn't even part of its main story, just a minor bonus.

Damnn, K-On really did suck didn't it?
removed-userDec 13, 2018 9:56 AM
Dec 13, 2018 9:54 AM

May 2018
RetroBite said:
They were just a shitty band.

That was the point of the whole anime...so you missed it?

alshuDec 13, 2018 9:58 AM
Dec 13, 2018 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
alshu said:
RetroBite said:
They were just a shitty band.

That was the point of the whole anime...so you missed it?

I watched it years ago, don't really remember anything aside from the main cast actually. Either way, it being the point does not change the fact in how it was marketed. As an anime about music that inspired people to do their own bands or smt. When in fact it had nothing to do with music, but was about CGDCT, etc.
removed-userDec 13, 2018 10:00 AM
Dec 13, 2018 9:58 AM

May 2018
RetroBite said:

Damnn, K-On really did suck didn't?

As music anime yes but as CGDCT it hit the spot.
Dec 13, 2018 10:16 AM

Jul 2007
alshu said:
RetroBite said:

Damnn, K-On really did suck didn't?

As music anime yes but as CGDCT it hit the spot.

K-On wasn't even a good CGDCT anime imo. There are a dozen that are far superior. For example we have this season's Anima Yell which blows K-On out of the water.
RetroBite said:

Haruhi Suzumiya was a better band actually.

Also Angel Beats was a much better music anime than K-On, and that wasn't even part of its main story, just a minor bonus.

Damnn, K-On really did suck didn't it?

Yes Angel Beats was easily the best!
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Dec 13, 2018 10:22 AM

May 2018
EndlessMaria said:

K-On wasn't even a good CGDCT anime imo. There are a dozen that are far superior.

OK this is your opinion but it isn't musical anime and the band is supposed to suck. They even downgraded the only girl that could play decently.
Dec 13, 2018 10:28 AM
Dec 2018
Lunilah said:
Hunter x Hunter (2011) was merciless in over explaining everything from obvious intentions to strengths and weaknesses in an unironic jojos style, to filling episodes up with unnecessary dialogue about literally anything to meet the episode run time.

you read my mind or something? 40 episodes and i couldent take it any longer. they wont shut up for a second
Dec 13, 2018 10:29 AM
Dec 2018
dragon ball its too obvious to anyone no need to expend. hero academia feel really childlish and cheesy but i suppose that intentional
Dec 13, 2018 10:45 AM

Jul 2007
alshu said:
OK this is your opinion but it isn't musical anime and the band is supposed to suck. They even downgraded the only girl that could play decently.

Lol okay though I'm not as much concerned with the band sucking as I am with the actual show sucking.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Dec 13, 2018 11:48 AM

May 2018
EndlessMaria said:
as I am with the actual show sucking.

And this connects with the main topic in which way?
How this silly [sucking] comedy about dumb kids insulted your intelligence?
Dec 13, 2018 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
Shigatsu probably, the way it used it's humour is downright insulting considering the show's themes.
Dec 13, 2018 10:44 PM

Jul 2013
Almost every shounen manga series that ever got adapted in existence, including the likes of Inuyasha, Fairy Tail, Kekkaishi and Naruto. Seriously, shounen is like the zombie among all demographics, already dead and never improving. Every light novel series in existence except for Full Metal Panic and Scrapped Princess has also been insulting my intelligence lately.
Dec 14, 2018 6:21 AM

Oct 2010
KIMI NO NA WA insults my intelligence

smart western creators have a saying "good magic has rules" , kimi no nawa has no rules or explanation. It's supernatural GARBAGE and the fact that it's so overrated and so in my face annoys the shit out of me. Or rather, the fact that there are people that actually like it
or rather, that we still refer to some monkeys as people

supernatural animes that have no explanation or reasoning are just dumb garbage and should be flamed to death (same with bunny senpai btw). There are no stakes with supernatural plots because you know magic will just do whatever the author wants and he doesnt have to justify or explain it or have it make sense, it'll be bad to force drama and then it'll be good to force positivity and the keyword in both is "force". It doesn't feel exciting, it's pointless and dumb, it's childish and bad. Half of the viewing experience is being able to relate to something even if its something small such as the physics in their world. That's how the human brain works and it's not subjective. You can't feel sense of danger or doom or excitement if there's bullshit magic that makes no sense cus the story can turn on its head instantly (like it does in these works all the time)

imagine normal story as a well-drawn art and a supernatural booze with no rules or reasoning as a kid that just took the nearest crayon and started swinging its arm all over the place with it and it results in a mess which only autistic losers find to look like art while normal people see nothing but gibberish and garbage

on top of that writing supernatural booze with no logical reasoning is much easier and even a garbage writer can do it and it only gets popular due to art/advertisement and luck, not because it's actually good

lots of music -
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

37 by Strayfe »»
3 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

26 by Lizsaki »»
4 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 8 hours ago

33 by TRC_Randy »»
5 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 10 hours ago

42 by Vendicator »»
13 minutes ago

» Describe your anime watching as one sentence.

LenRea - Apr 11

42 by TRC_Randy »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.