Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 10, 2018 6:04 AM
Dec 2018
Hi! I’m new to this site but I’m looking for really good anime. Something I can just binge and fall in love with in terms of story, characters, plot twists. So one thing I don’t like is horror I’m talking about very very disturbing, for example I didn’t like the tone of elfen lied, or devil man crybaby on Netflix,or made in abyss. but I like Tokyo ghoul because of the story but I’m not looking for something like that I’m looking for something more fantasy/ magic based and also not in the same show but a great vampire anime. So I loved FMA and FMA brotherhood, Naruto, and shippiuden, flcl ( though not looking for something like that), dragon ball z the original, digimon, Pokemon and most recently my hero academia, attack on Titan, vampire knight. I like zombieland saga but I’m looking for something with a bit more twists and action right now nothing really Alice of life.

Also I’ll start one piece eventually it’s just so long it’s overwhelming so please don’t recommend this or hunter x hunter 2011 I will finish and get into it but I want something that I can start brand new since I have to dive back into hunter because I stopped at episode 40

People have been recommending JOJO I’m not sure I like the art style and also what the plot is I’m looking for something where plot and story is important where characters have goals not something like one punch man for example

People have also recommend berserk and I watched the first episode of the 90s but everybody is saying the manga is better but this is deff something I’m intrigued about I’m just confused about watching order because I haven’t started the Managua yet and will probably watch the anime first.

I want something that has magic/ fantasy I’m not really into medivalstuff unless it has fantasy involved.

Also something where the characters you just love:

It would be cool if it was recommend from this current anime season but also classic anime that are the best of all time and the good vampire anime is a separate anime I’m looking for :)

Also the fate series intrigued me but I have no idea where to begin.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention world building where you get completely sucked ins with
Magichic19Dec 10, 2018 6:10 AM
Dec 10, 2018 6:51 AM

Mar 2018
I would recommend watching Fate/Zero.

Insane animation quality, really good story with intriguing characters and great battles.I think you will like it.

And if you like it, you can watch the rest of the series in Fate/stay night(meh,but has its moments), fate/stay night:unlimited blade works(stay away from the movie, sucks big time.Watch TV version) and Fate/stay night:Heaven's Feel(still ongoing, first movie came in 2017, second movie coming in 2019) order.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Dec 10, 2018 3:42 PM
Dec 2018
So watch fate zero is that the first one??,
Dec 10, 2018 3:45 PM
Aug 2018
Code Geass: Lots of mecha fights with some fantasy elements and characters with solid backstory and personalities so you can get attached to them. It tells a story of an abandoned prince who set on ending discrimination and taking vengeance towards his royal family. Well, the intention sounds noble, but the MC's actually an anti-hero. (I see you have put Code Geass R2 in your PTW list, but just in case you didn't know, R2 is the sequel)

Assassination Classroom: Not really fantasy/magic, but if you like Boku no Hero Academia I figured you'll like this. The premise is a group of students of a chosen class need to learn to fight and work together to kill a dangerous alien, that for some reason (that I can't say here cause it'll be a spoiler) become a teacher in their class. It's one of few anime that's got a very satisfying ending (in my opinion).
Dec 10, 2018 3:50 PM

May 2016
I agree with Lora-mus

and yes
fate zero is the first one.

also from what you said I would suggest Shinsekai yori

Dec 10, 2018 4:22 PM
Dec 2018
Okay I’ll try it, it’s also nice because it’s on Netflix!

I do love my hero academia but I’m not really looking for another show like it right now!

And the other show sounds super intriguing as well!! Where can I find that?
Dec 10, 2018 4:24 PM
Dec 2018
So I tried code geass awhile ago and I couldn’t get into it I think because I watched it on crunchy roll and I can’t stand the ads that are in a 20 minute program there was like 8 so I need to watch this uninterrupted!!!
Dec 10, 2018 9:54 PM
Feb 2014
Bungou Stray Dogs + the sequels Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season, Bungou Stray Dogs: Hitori Ayumu and the movie Bungou Stray Dogs: Dead Apple, there's also a third season planned.(Has lots of blood flowing but no gore)
D.Gray-man + the sequel D.Gray-man Hallow(the sequel has gore, probably not as much as some other anime, about the level of FMA Brotherhood i think? eg: somone gets both arms cut off, someone loses two fingers ,a monster is cut in two with some graphic detail in the first episode etc.)
Karneval
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu
Matantei Loki Ragnarok
Noragami + the sequel Noragami Aragoto
Rockman.EXE + the sequels Axess, Stream, Beast and Beast+
Servamp(Has lots of blood flowing but no gore)
Shaman King
Shoukoku no Altair(doesn't have magic or super powers, but still has the fantasy element of being set in a fictional world with fictional countries modeled after real world ones, amazing anime that's worth watching!)(Has some decaptiations, but not really graphic or gratuitions since they are at war and it's handled realistically)
Tegamibachi + the sequel Tegamibachi Reverse

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Dec 10, 2018 11:31 PM

Oct 2018
Heroic Age
Overlord
Tenkyou Alderamin
Dec 11, 2018 8:46 PM
Apr 2016
Some is what you asked for, others isn't.

I suggest keeping an open mind to a variety of different anime with different genres, because you never know if you don't try them out!

I'll give you a bunch of anime, because again; you never know.

As for recommendations:

Steins; Gate some people don't like the anime until episode 10 or 11 and think it gets better then, but I liked the whole thing.

Re Zero: Starting Life in Another World

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica Don't judge just watch, at least watch until episode 3 before judging.

Erased I didn't like the ending but I liked the journey getting there.

Psycho-Pass I personally didn't like the second season as much, but liked the first season

Cowboy Bebop

Konosuba

Death Note I didn't like the second half of the anime as much, but enjoyed the first half.

Akatsuki no Yona Warning anime has cliffhanger ending, but I personally really enjoyed it.

Death Parade

Your Lie in April

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Daily Lives of High School Boys

Toradora Make sure to watch the end credit for the finale when you get there
some people miss it.

Usagi Drop Don't read the manga

Amaama to Inazuma

Violet Evergarden

A Silent Voice Movie

Wolf Children Movie

Your Name Movie

Kokoro Connect

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

ReLife

Shimoneta: If you're okay with ecchi

A Place Further then the Universe

The Irresponsible Captain Tylor

Senki Zesshou Symphogear Four seasons 1 on the way. Animation is a bit rough
animation wise but gets better as it goes on.

Honobono Log

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime

Non Non Biyori

Gakkou-Gurashi Don't read the genres or summary of this one spoilers
everywhere

Dec 11, 2018 9:18 PM

Aug 2018
hunter x hunter, assassination classroom, beyond the boundary, mekakucity actors, bungo stray dogs
Dec 12, 2018 11:16 PM
Dec 2018
Dauphine said:
Bungou Stray Dogs + the sequels Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season, Bungou Stray Dogs: Hitori Ayumu and the movie Bungou Stray Dogs: Dead Apple, there's also a third season planned.(Has lots of blood flowing but no gore)
D.Gray-man + the sequel D.Gray-man Hallow(the sequel has gore, probably not as much as some other anime, about the level of FMA Brotherhood i think? eg: somone gets both arms cut off, someone loses two fingers ,a monster is cut in two with some graphic detail in the first episode etc.)
Karneval
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu
Matantei Loki Ragnarok
Noragami + the sequel Noragami Aragoto
Rockman.EXE + the sequels Axess, Stream, Beast and Beast+
Servamp(Has lots of blood flowing but no gore)
Shaman King
Shoukoku no Altair(doesn't have magic or super powers, but still has the fantasy element of being set in a fictional world with fictional countries modeled after real world ones, amazing anime that's worth watching!)(Has some decaptiations, but not really graphic or gratuitions since they are at war and it's handled realistically)
Tegamibachi + the sequel Tegamibachi Reverse

Which one would you recommend first?? So a little bit more of my taste, I didn’t really get sucked into fate/zero after the third episode I didn’t continue it but I’m really getting sucked into re zero and I’m starting the third episode and love it so far, I’ll tell you more as it continues. So is there only 25 episodes??? I think for more me there’s tones I don’t like made in abyss is one, elfen lied is 2, I’m willing to try a bunch of anime but right now I’m looking for one to get sucked into re zero though I’m loving! It has to have the right amount of tone and darkness I don’t like overly dark or horror at least right now. I think after re zero I’m going to try hunter x hunter (2011) because I’m already 40 episodes deep!!! I’m not sure if I’ll continue with fate/stay I think hunter x hunter, 7 deadly sins and then eureka 7 I think I’ll give code geass another shot as well! I bet I’ll want more re zero recs!
Dec 12, 2018 11:17 PM
Dec 2018
Book_Lover said:
Some is what you asked for, others isn't.

I suggest keeping an open mind to a variety of different anime with different genres, because you never know if you don't try them out!

I'll give you a bunch of anime, because again; you never know.

As for recommendations:

Steins; Gate some people don't like the anime until episode 10 or 11 and think it gets better then, but I liked the whole thing.

Re Zero: Starting Life in Another World

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica Don't judge just watch, at least watch until episode 3 before judging.

Erased I didn't like the ending but I liked the journey getting there.

Psycho-Pass I personally didn't like the second season as much, but liked the first season

Cowboy Bebop

Konosuba

Death Note I didn't like the second half of the anime as much, but enjoyed the first half.

Akatsuki no Yona Warning anime has cliffhanger ending, but I personally really enjoyed it.

Death Parade

Your Lie in April

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Daily Lives of High School Boys

Toradora Make sure to watch the end credit for the finale when you get there
some people miss it.

Usagi Drop Don't read the manga

Amaama to Inazuma

Violet Evergarden

A Silent Voice Movie

Wolf Children Movie

Your Name Movie

Kokoro Connect

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

ReLife

Shimoneta: If you're okay with ecchi

A Place Further then the Universe

The Irresponsible Captain Tylor

Senki Zesshou Symphogear Four seasons 1 on the way. Animation is a bit rough
animation wise but gets better as it goes on.

Honobono Log

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime

Non Non Biyori

Gakkou-Gurashi Don't read the genres or summary of this one spoilers
everywhere

I’m for sure trying re zero I’m loving it so far! And will come back and questions about season 2 is there only 25 episodes!! And I tried steins gate stopped at episode 3 but I think I’ll try it again!! Not sure about fate
Dec 12, 2018 11:19 PM
Dec 2018
SMKurosawa said:
Here's my reccs

-Kaiji
An intense gambling series about a gambling junky who goes through multiple games in the first two seasons. There will potentially be a third season, but don't get your hopes up. The reason for this is that a third live action movie is being made, and both seasons were made to advertise the live action movies.
If you enjoy Kaiji, watch Middle Manager Tonegawa as well, it's a comedy spin-off that requires knowledge from the first two Parts, both of which have been adapted in the anime.

-Akagi
A series by the same creator as Kaiji, this one focuses on mahjong and covers up to Chapter 110 of the manga, which is 200 chapters or so from where the manga ended up actually ending. Pretty good and you'll find yourself listening to Nantoka Nare on repeat for days after completing it.

-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
I'd suggest reading the manga over watching the anime, but the anime is a fine adaptation, and Dio's sensual voice is worth it. It may not feel like your thing as first, but once you get through the whole season, you'll love it. Currently on Season 5, which is also Part 5 of the manga, and unless David Productions implodes or something, we'll get anime for Parts 6, 7, 8 and anything else.

-Ranma 1/2
Episodic comedy series. Nothing more to say, just fun to watch.

-Hunter x Hunter (1999)
The entirety of the original series, including the 3 OVAs, is available on youtube. The company that produced the original anime lost the rights to Madhouse, so I guess they don't care all that much. Go watch it, it's free, I suggest switching to 2011's Greed Island arc (it's the Madhouse adaptation), as the GI OVAs were handled by a different director and team, and are of a lower quality than the rest of the series. If not, then switch to 2011 starting from Episode 72 or so, whenever the Chimera Ant arc starts.

HOLY TRINITY OF ESSENTIAL MECHA CORE
-Code Geass (fun series about giant robots)
-Neon Genesis Evangelion + End of Evangelion (psychological series about giant robots)
-Gurren Lagann (motivational series about giant robots)

And that's all I got right now. Have fun
Gurren Lagan id love something motivatinal!
Dec 13, 2018 10:42 AM

Aug 2018
One Piece
Owari no Seraph
Bungou Stray Dogs
Black Clover
That time I got reincarnated as a Slime
Sword Art Online III
Fate/Zero
Psycho-Pass
Dec 13, 2018 10:58 AM

Jun 2011
Toaru Majutsu no Index / Toaru Kagaku no Railgun if you really like magic with really good world building and character development. Absolutely beautiful world building that just sucks you in.

Kara no Kyoukai (same universe as Fate series I believe) are fantastic too, if you're not looking to invest into the whole Fate universe right now. Warning though movie 3 does have pretty graphic rape.

Darker than Black is really good as well but I don't know if it's exceptional. I really like that the action takes place in night time/ during the dark, it kinda add a special kind of atmosphere to it.

I'd recommend Hunter x Hunter as well if you're watching 2011, I'd recommend to watch the 1999 ver. instead. I just find it a lot more engrossing plus the music fits so much better. The main theme fits the series so dang well.

And of course, +1 One Piece if you're looking for something rather different to get into. Don't mind the length and just take your time watching it. I am sure if you're hooked you'll finish the series in no time anyway.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 13, 2018 10:12 PM
Dec 2018
ToG25thBaam said:
Toaru Majutsu no Index / Toaru Kagaku no Railgun if you really like magic with really good world building and character development. Absolutely beautiful world building that just sucks you in.

Kara no Kyoukai (same universe as Fate series I believe) are fantastic too, if you're not looking to invest into the whole Fate universe right now. Warning though movie 3 does have pretty graphic rape.

Darker than Black is really good as well but I don't know if it's exceptional. I really like that the action takes place in night time/ during the dark, it kinda add a special kind of atmosphere to it.

I'd recommend Hunter x Hunter as well if you're watching 2011, I'd recommend to watch the 1999 ver. instead. I just find it a lot more engrossing plus the music fits so much better. The main theme fits the series so dang well.

And of course, +1 One Piece if you're looking for something rather different to get into. Don't mind the length and just take your time watching it. I am sure if you're hooked you'll finish the series in no time anyway.

Yeah I’m not feeling like I have to binge the rest of the fate series I might drop fate zero not sure i think re zero was more what I was looking for! And I’m so deep in hunter x hunter 2011 already! I’ve gotten so many diff opinions on it! So I might finish that and if I love then watch the original at some point! One piece looks good but it’s so long it does scare me haha. And I’ll look into railgun :)
Dec 13, 2018 10:44 PM

Sep 2018
Watch Yuu Yuu hakusho or HunterXHunter(2011) They're made by the same author. I promise you will fall in love with one or the other but I'm pretty sure it will be both.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/392/Yuu%E2%98%86Yuu%E2%98%86Hakusho?q=yuu%20yuu

https://myanimelist.net/anime/11061/Hunter_x_Hunter_2011?q=hunter
Dec 14, 2018 12:31 AM
Dec 2018
MadaMadaDane44 said:
Watch Yuu Yuu hakusho or HunterXHunter(2011) They're made by the same author. I promise you will fall in love with one or the other but I'm pretty sure it will be both.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/392/Yuu%E2%98%86Yuu%E2%98%86Hakusho?q=yuu%20yuu

https://myanimelist.net/anime/11061/Hunter_x_Hunter_2011?q=hunter
I started to get into hunter x hunter then I stopped like episode 40 once I’m done with re I’ll get back into it for real haha.
Dec 14, 2018 5:23 AM
Dec 2018
Also does fate/zero get better after episode 4 there’s parts I like but parts I don’t. Not sure if it’s for me other part of the fate series seem interesting it’s a little darker than what I’ve wanted though hmm.

More topics from this board

» Non-hentai anime with traumatizing rape?

stanklem28 - Feb 7, 2014

40 by Omega90 »»
3 hours ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - Yesterday

26 by PostMahouShoujo »»
3 hours ago

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - Yesterday

6 by DMind »»
Today, 2:05 AM

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
Today, 1:02 AM

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
Yesterday, 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.