Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 9, 2018 4:10 PM
Oct 2018
recently ive been interested in the fate series, but there's so many that i don't know in what order see them.
some help/recomendations?
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 9, 2018 4:12 PM
Nov 2018
Fate/Zero
Fate/Stay Night UBW
I didn’t watch the Fate/Stay Night
and after that it doesn’t matter the order
Dec 9, 2018 4:14 PM

Nov 2018
Start from Fate/Stay Night 2006. From the aired time order. You start from Zero and you'll be disappointed with F/SN.
Dec 9, 2018 9:41 PM
Jul 2015
You might want to skip Fate Stay Night, I haven't seen it myself but it's pretty common knowledge that it's terrible. I would recommend:
Fate Zero
Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blades Works
Fate Stay Night: Heaven's Feel (This movie franchise is still airing though)
Dec 9, 2018 9:45 PM
Jul 2015
Although it is still fine to watch Unlimited Blades Works before watching Fate Zero. That's how I watched it and it was fine, although Fate Zero occurs chronologically before Unlimited Blades Works, it's no problem except that you may not understand a few connections to Fate Zero.
Dec 10, 2018 3:15 AM

Oct 2014
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/w/seriesfaq/fate

there is no 100% agreed upon watch order, watch them however you want

or read the VN
Dec 15, 2018 2:38 AM

Jul 2013
Yeah, don't listen to the people saying to watch Fate/Zero first, unless you want to spoil much of the series. Fate/Zero was ALWAYS intended to be read/seen after Fate/Stay Night. The only reason it was made first in this line up is because the 2006 anime already adapted the Fate route, although in a very spoilery way.

If at all possible, read the VN. Otherwise, I would say Fate/Stay Night (2006), then Unlimited Blade Works (2014), THEN Fate/Zero given that Heaven's Feel isn't all adapted yet, then Heaven's Feel.

Frankly, people who go by anime release order don't know what they're missing, and that doesn't just go for this series. There's so much more to appreciate from the VN/LN order, but a lot of people just don't care.

EDIT: And just FYI, the 2006 anime isn't terrible. Many purists think it is terrible (but if they are truly purists, they should be recommending the VN or watch orders close to the VN instead). But frankly its soundtrack blows the rest of the anime series out of the water, and given that it is the ONLY adaptation of the Fate arc it should absolutely be watched first. The added stuff is bad, but not enough to destroy it. It has a good bit of soul that later adaptations seem to be lacking.
HraktuusDec 15, 2018 2:46 AM
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Dec 15, 2018 8:12 AM
Oct 2018
Hraktuus said:
Yeah, don't listen to the people saying to watch Fate/Zero first, unless you want to spoil much of the series. Fate/Zero was ALWAYS intended to be read/seen after Fate/Stay Night. The only reason it was made first in this line up is because the 2006 anime already adapted the Fate route, although in a very spoilery way.

If at all possible, read the VN. Otherwise, I would say Fate/Stay Night (2006), then Unlimited Blade Works (2014), THEN Fate/Zero given that Heaven's Feel isn't all adapted yet, then Heaven's Feel.

Frankly, people who go by anime release order don't know what they're missing, and that doesn't just go for this series. There's so much more to appreciate from the VN/LN order, but a lot of people just don't care.

EDIT: And just FYI, the 2006 anime isn't terrible. Many purists think it is terrible (but if they are truly purists, they should be recommending the VN or watch orders close to the VN instead). But frankly its soundtrack blows the rest of the anime series out of the water, and given that it is the ONLY adaptation of the Fate arc it should absolutely be watched first. The added stuff is bad, but not enough to destroy it. It has a good bit of soul that later adaptations seem to be lacking.

-
now i'm confused.
but this...
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 15, 2018 8:58 PM

Jul 2013
idontknowsarcasm said:
Hraktuus said:

-
now i'm confused.

Okay, put plainly...

The visual novel Fate Stay Night came out first. The light novel Fate Zero came out later. If you watch Fate Zero first, even in the first episode you will spoil a bunch if stuff in Fate Stay Night, especially the Heaven's Feel route.

The original Fate Stay Night anime spoils some things, but not to the degree that Fate Zero does. So I'm saying if you want something as close to the Fate experience as possible without reading the visual novel, it's best to save Fate Zero for last. These people putting it first are basically telling you to spoil the whole story before it even begins.

I'd compare it to watching the Star Wars prequels first before ever watching the original trilogy, or to watching the Monogatari series in chronological order the first time rather than novel order. These ways spoil things in the story that should be a surprise when you first find out about them.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Dec 19, 2018 10:53 PM

Jan 2014
Watch Fate/Zero first then watch Fate/Stay Night UBW. Fate stay night is actually better watched when you have already seen Fate Zero. Not only because watching the anime in chronological order actually makes sense but Typemoon created the remake for Fate/Stay Night in a way that you should watch Fate/Zero first. The blending of the story is much smoother and there is already a pre-established character development for Rin, who is one of the MC in Fate/Stay Night.

Edit: Skip the old adaptation of FSN (2006). You can also choose to watch FSN Heaven's feel instead of Unlimited Blade Works if you like the Matou part of the story. I personally don't like it and found it a bit boring.
renzbiohazardDec 19, 2018 10:58 PM
Recommend me an anime
Dec 20, 2018 4:56 AM
Oct 2018
renzbiohazard said:
Watch Fate/Zero first then watch Fate/Stay Night UBW. Fate stay night is actually better watched when you have already seen Fate Zero. Not only because watching the anime in chronological order actually makes sense but Typemoon created the remake for Fate/Stay Night in a way that you should watch Fate/Zero first. The blending of the story is much smoother and there is already a pre-established character development for Rin, who is one of the MC in Fate/Stay Night.

Edit: Skip the old adaptation of FSN (2006). You can also choose to watch FSN Heaven's feel instead of Unlimited Blade Works if you like the Matou part of the story. I personally don't like it and found it a bit boring.

-
so if i see fate/zero first i can go and see any route of stay night?
but this...
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 20, 2018 9:48 AM

Jan 2014
idontknowsarcasm said:
]
-

Pretty much. There is no true sequel for Fate/Zero as Fate/Stay Night consisted of 3 routes that focuses on different parts of Zero's story. I only suggested Unlimited Blade Works because it is also made by ufotable, who created Fate/Zero so the quality in both anime is similar.
Recommend me an anime
Dec 21, 2018 4:33 AM

Oct 2014
idontknowsarcasm said:
renzbiohazard said:

-

no. in that case, you watch UBW TV anime, then Heaven's feel movies.

ideally, FSN 2006 -> UBW -> HF movies, but FSN 2006 anime is so insufferable that it turns away anyone from this franchise.

out of curiosity, did you bother clicking the link i posted above? it's written by someone who actually knows what they're talking about.
Dec 21, 2018 5:36 AM
Oct 2018
Shayon said:
idontknowsarcasm said:

-

ideally, FSN 2006 -> UBW -> HF movies, but FSN 2006 anime is so insufferable that it turns away anyone from this franchise.

out of curiosity, did you bother clicking the link i posted above? it's written by someone who actually knows what they're talking about.

-
so since i don't have what i need to get the VS i can just see a playthrough of the first route then go to see the anime adaptation of UBW and after that the movies of heavens feel only to end with fate/zero?
-
PD: so basically the people that plays the VS are god rank wise in the fate universe lol.
but this...
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 21, 2018 5:45 AM

Oct 2014
idontknowsarcasm said:
Shayon said:

-
so since i don't have what i need to get the VS i can just see a playthrough of the first route then go to see the anime adaptation of UBW and after that the movies of heavens feel only to end with fate/zero?

yes, exactly. although watching a youtube playthrough can be annoying if the person who is playing is skipping the text too quickly

i wasn't expecting you to be prepared to read the first route, if you are then makes a whole lot of things simpler. you can either watch a playthough on youtube, or read it on a certain website, I'll send you the link to it in a PM
Jan 1, 2019 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
Start with the 2006 Fate/stay night. I loved it personally but that’s just my opinion. Then move on to Zero. The reason it should be watched second is because by knowing the outcome (which stay night provides), there is a layer of tragedy that elevates it to even greater heights. Fate/Zero is a tragedy and works best with knowledge of the ending. After that watch the Unlimited Blade Works TV series. It’s best understood with stay night and Zero having been seen previously. After that you can do whatever you want. This is my opinion but I’m sticking to it.

To summarize:
1) Fate/stay night
2) Fate/Zero
3) Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works]
4) All else is optional but Prisma Illya is fun
Jan 1, 2019 9:18 AM
Oct 2017
1. Fate/Stay Night(Deen)- Largely inferior to the others but is chronologically first(not necessary imo unless u want some saberxshirou ship)
2. Fate/Zero
3. Fsn Unlimited blade works
4. Spinoffs- Prisma Illya for some juicy FBI stuff (Apocrypha and last encore are kinda meh but watchable if ur a fan)
5. Carnival Phantasm.

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.