Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2018 11:36 AM

Oct 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Before anything else... next episode we're getting Ruru pretending to be a cat.
Already calling it 10/10 episode.

So about this one - time to wrap stuff with Homare.
And I think they did fine job with that romance, not fan of those in Precure in general but I'll give it a pass.
Quite a few great moments - my favorite would be Homare and her mom, that was sweet.

And funny faces all around, just as expected from SatoJun episode.

Next week Ruru-cat and Saaya's story.
Dec 9, 2018 1:11 PM
Jun 2011
my favorite moment was homare amazing ice skating
Dec 10, 2018 9:01 AM
Apr 2017
Very awesome! I love the results!
Dec 10, 2018 6:33 PM

May 2018
Well finally Homare got that all out of her chest.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Dec 11, 2018 4:08 AM
Jun 2015
The ice skating scenes were amazing. Altogether really stunning to watch.

Still I do not like the fact that everytime a Cure falls for a guy that Toei does them dirty. I know it's an anime for little kids/girls and romance isn't meant to be the main genre but still. Always teasing us. (¬_¬)ノ
Dec 19, 2018 7:05 AM

Jul 2015
Damn the feels, I loved the execution of this episode, well-handled closing arc to Homare, looks like Saaya's will be next.
Dec 19, 2018 10:09 PM

May 2016
Is this the first Precure confession? At least mine. I loved it <3
Dec 26, 2018 8:18 AM

Oct 2007
Did not expect Homare to really confess. Harry probably rejected her for a good reason.
Dec 26, 2018 8:19 AM

Oct 2007
LastLuminescence said:
Is this the first Precure confession? At least mine. I loved it <3

Yeah, first time I've seen a precure confess to someone. Have watched almost all other cure anime... but nothing like this happened in the others.
Jan 7, 2019 3:42 AM

Nov 2011
@LastLuminescence @Liddo-kun Although I haven’t watched the season, I’ve heard that Happiness Charge! had a (poorly handled) romance in the second half of the series. I imagine there may have been a confession somewhere there.

As far as romance elements go, Precure has had them as early as the original series, but I have yet to have seen a confession in any series I’ve personally watched to date, making this the first I’ve seen as well.

@ Episode: It was surprisingly brooding for Precure. I haven’t see that level of depressing atmosphere since Heartcatch and the eternal melancholy/bitterness of the fallen Precure. It recovered quite nicely though and had a pretty spot-on confession scene.

The battle felt a bit shoehorned-in this episode, nice animation or otherwise. It’s times like these that I wish Toei was slightly less stringent on requiring a monster fight literally every single week, but eh.

Nice episode.
Jan 7, 2019 5:10 AM

Oct 2007
@TripleSRank

Oh I see. I did not know that because Happiness Charge along with Kirakira are the only two precure series that I cannot stomach to watch. Blue is probably one of the most useless characters I've seen.

As far as romance elements go, Precure has had them as early as the original series, but I have yet to have seen a confession in any series I’ve personally watched to date, making this the first I’ve seen as well.

I agree. Have started precure in Yes 5 and little bits of romance in there too. However, I have not seen any on the level that Homare did here in Hugtto.

The battle felt a bit shoehorned-in this episode, nice animation or otherwise. It’s times like these that I wish Toei was slightly less stringent on requiring a monster fight literally every single week, but eh.

Sadly, there would always have to be a monster of the week, because TOEI likes to have kids also watch this show so they could sell more toys and other merchandise. Without motw, no one has to transform to kick ass, kids would get bored.
Oct 28, 2019 2:52 PM

Apr 2009
"Homare, you got this!"

.....i just keep putting the characters into horror anime, cuz for sure, after this- she'd put on the best darned performance ever, then go kill herself _XD!

similarly with henri in the last episode, lol,

man, i sure love a lot of cruelty before some sort of happy ending .w. .... but goshdarn i love that cruelty >:D!
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Mar 19, 2020 10:40 AM

Dec 2008
Yep, Homare's end story turns out to be unrequited love with Mr. Mouse. I wish it had been something else but overall note terribly done. I don't agree that confessing feelings when it's obviously not going to be returned is the best thing to do but Harry acknowledging her feelings like they mattered even though they certainly weren't going to become a couple probably helped.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 1 Discussion

ichii_1 - Feb 3, 2018

42 by NG_Chloe »»
Jan 29, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 49 Discussion

Dalek-baka - Jan 27, 2019

34 by Fuwa_san »»
Sep 28, 2023 12:09 AM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 37 Discussion

Dalek-baka - Oct 21, 2018

25 by Atsunome »»
May 24, 2023 2:11 AM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 36 Discussion

silverwalls - Oct 14, 2018

14 by Atsunome »»
May 24, 2023 1:07 AM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 13 Discussion

minimiau - Apr 28, 2018

14 by CMYK »»
Apr 5, 2023 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.