Forum Settings
Forums
New
Who do you support?
Dec 9, 2018 10:02 AM

Apr 2018
What do you think about the Pewdiepie vs T-Series battle to become the no.1 most subscribed channel on youtube?
If you ask me I am a huge pewdiepie and I am a bro. My username already suggest that but I also like T-Series. I am not an Indian but I am fluent in Indian Language and listen to lot of Indian songs. I want to hear your opinion in this matter.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 9, 2018 10:09 AM

Jun 2008
Pewdiepie is still a thing?
Dec 9, 2018 10:20 AM

Apr 2018
--ALEX-- said:
yeah if you have been watching YouTube.
Dec 9, 2018 10:29 AM

May 2013
--ALEX-- said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PewdiepieSubmissions/comments/a47srf/is_this_a_joke_like_the_fuck/

Media still hates him. Very odd.

The guy who showed a Japanese persons suicide and has a dozen other controversies can have his show back but Pewdiepie can't.

Heck, Ninja gets the golden boy treatment too and he said the same word as Pewiepie.

I'm pretty sure its because the man's honest and has politically incorrect opinions.
Dec 9, 2018 10:32 AM

Sep 2017
Yeah, I’m a proud member of the 9 year old army.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Dec 9, 2018 10:42 AM

Oct 2014
pewdiepie should cooperate with a Japanese anime studio and ask them to create a reincarnation isekai starring himself.

I mean who in their right mind would NOT watch that?
Dec 9, 2018 10:57 AM

Oct 2018
I don't find Pewdiepie funny, his videos are rather boring and his jokes are rather lazy and fall flat. Not to say T-series makes good content either, but really it doesn't matter to me who's number one on Youtube.

Although I hate this shit:

Why would I subscribe to a Youtuber so they remain number one? It boggles my mind when people think that the number one on Youtube means a damn, it doesn't.

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Dec 9, 2018 11:29 AM

Jan 2014
BackstageMage said:
It boggles my mind when people think that the number one on Youtube means a damn, it doesn't.

Um, I'm pretty sure that's the joke.

and boogie's post is hilarious what is there to hate?
Signature is too edgy for me.
Dec 9, 2018 11:44 AM

Oct 2018
-Krouton- said:
BackstageMage said:
It boggles my mind when people think that the number one on Youtube means a damn, it doesn't.

Um, I'm pretty sure that's the joke.

and boogie's post is hilarious what is there to hate?

People do take this T-series v Pewdiepie stuff seriously, that's the problem. People can parade the fact it's a joke, but a joke can only go far before it becomes reality.

The boogie tweet is funny, but the thing is it's not meant to be. It's ironic comedy, you laugh at the person but not with them. Impressionable teens/kids won't know the difference and actually believe it and it's annoying to see all this "youtube drama" on social media where people(children) are taking it seriously.

Dec 9, 2018 1:00 PM

Nov 2015
I'm just gonna stay out of it.

Got nothing against either of them, and I'd join Pewds if I was forced to pick a side. But frankly, I simply don't care.
Dec 9, 2018 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
If T-Series takes over it is actually going to be pretty funny lmao. THE Pewd to be dethroned by Bollywood music ahah.
Dec 9, 2018 2:40 PM

Jun 2014
TBH I had no clue about this whole thing until people complained that this wasnt referenced in YT Rewind 2018.

Do I support Pewdiepie? No.
Do I watch Pewdiepie? No. (Ive seen fewer than 10 of his videos in my lifetime)
Do I like Pewdiepie? No.
But do I think Pewdiepie should continue being the community's face and voice of Youtube as the #1 most subscribers? Yes. He at least deserves to hold that position until he legitimately chooses to retire.

Honestly I dont even know wtf T-Series even is. From watching a total of 2 videos, its basically a high-output music video channel?

Altho I do like how Pewds is being a good sport about it; and the funny things people are doing to try to prolong the battle as long as possible.
Dec 9, 2018 2:46 PM

May 2013
BackstageMage said:
I don't find Pewdiepie funny, his videos are rather boring and his jokes are rather lazy and fall flat. Not to say T-series makes good content either, but really it doesn't matter to me who's number one on Youtube.

Why would I subscribe to a Youtuber so they remain number one? It boggles my mind when people think that the number one on Youtube means a damn, it doesn't.

I personally think the battle between T-Series and Pewdiepie represents something deeper.

Youtube is trying to become very mainstream and corporate and have been sidelining their independent creators. A corporation becoming the main channel on youtube is basically the ultimate symbol of the old Youtube disappearing.

Dec 9, 2018 3:10 PM

Oct 2018
Pxi2 said:
BackstageMage said:

I personally think the battle between T-Series and Pewdiepie represents something deeper.

Youtube is trying to become very mainstream and corporate and have been sidelining their independent creators. A corporation becoming the main channel on youtube is basically the ultimate symbol of the old Youtube disappearing.

I'd say Youtube has always been a corporation ever since Google bought it in 2006, it just took a while for it to show it's true colours. I'd also say Youtube would be better of with having T-Series be at the top since it represents that state of Youtube better, old Youtube died over a decade ago.

Even then, Pewdiepie may be an independent creator, but his creations lack passion. He uploads pretty much every day, and what is published is whatever's going to do well with views. Sometimes he makes a genuine video, but most times he'll produce something like "tiktok needs to be stopped" or whatever the youtube rewind video is named. It's not like he's fully for the people, and even when T-series wins, Pewdiepie would still be considered the face of Youtube since most people don't know what a T-series is unless you keep up with it.

I'm surprised another company like VEVO didn't challenge him already, it's already a big achievement he got this far and you can always remember the old schoolyard quote; "first is the worst, second is the best".

Dec 9, 2018 6:41 PM

Sep 2012
who in the samsara fuck is t-series?

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Dec 9, 2018 8:08 PM

Aug 2009
Pewds of course
T-series is a scam
Dec 9, 2018 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
Felix has gotten annoying.
Back when I regularly watch LP'ers, long before the days of his scandals, I was always watching more Markiplier. I still could occasionally watch Mark, even if I don't watch a lot of LP's anymore. Even in 2013, Felix couldn't keep my interest. I will say that he was hot at one point, he really ruined his looks by chopping his hair and growing scraggly ass beards.
I don't really care for him, especially post scandal. He's an attractive channel to edgy teenage boys these days more so than ever, a demographic I don't fall into.
Dec 9, 2018 9:56 PM

May 2013
Yomiyuki said:

It's Indian VEVO and a channel that Indians are automatically subscribed to when they make an account on Youtube.
Dec 9, 2018 10:12 PM

Dec 2017
I support pewds and subscribed to him since he playing games, but I think T-series will overtake his position...
Dec 10, 2018 3:33 AM

Apr 2018
Pxi2 said:
Yomiyuki said:

It's Indian VEVO and a channel that Indians are automatically subscribed to when they make an account on Youtube.
That doesn't happen but If you live in India you will get recommendation of T-Series all the time.
Dec 10, 2018 3:47 AM
Jul 2018
nicethings said:
Felix has gotten annoying.
Back when I regularly watch LP'ers, long before the days of his scandals, I was always watching more Markiplier. I still could occasionally watch Mark, even if I don't watch a lot of LP's anymore. Even in 2013, Felix couldn't keep my interest. I will say that he was hot at one point, he really ruined his looks by chopping his hair and growing scraggly ass beards.
I don't really care for him, especially post scandal. He's an attractive channel to edgy teenage boys these days more so than ever, a demographic I don't fall into.

Pewdiepie is considered edgy these days? I've never been more proud to be an out of touch boomer.
Dec 10, 2018 4:34 AM

Aug 2018
I'm not a huge fan of Pewdiepie and I don't watch his videos regularly. But I do actually want youtube to remain a site where individual creators are in charge. As time has gone by, youtube started to prefer and promote corpprate entities rather than individual creators.

The media seem to go after pewdiepie on every little thing he has done, ever since hos controversies that caused youtube to cut ties with him. He used to be youtube's golden boy, their mascot, and their treasure, now, while still being o e of the most relevant entities on the site, they choose to ignore him.

This whole thing is bigger that what pewds has done which made youtube mad, it's about youtube as a business, and how terribly they manage it.

Youtube are trying to achove a similar status to more mainstream media like mainstream news, late night talk shows, or even netflix, by trying to promote corporate content as much as possible. I mean, look at your trending page, damnit, its almost all corporations! The individual creators are getting screwed over by the company that once helped them get famous in the first place, a job as a youtuber as never been more unstable with the advertisements issues. The amount of restriction on youtube with ad friendly content is just another part of youtube transitioning to become more corporate friendly.

The battle with t siries, to me, is more of a symbolic one, that shows that the largest youtuber will remain an individual. It shows that we, as a community have had enough of youtube trying to make themselves appear as what they really aren't. Youtube is a a site where you can broadcast yourself, and not an advertisement platform for your company.

The amount of hate on the recent rewind also shows how annoyed people are with youtube, and we can clearly see how instead of showing what youtube is all about they try to appeal to mainstream news and political culture.

As EmpLemon said on twitter:

"Personally, I think the old era has been gone for a while and corporations already control YouTube. You can't stop the corporate takeover - but by the same token, you can't stop people from caring about what's been lost."
yotiDec 10, 2018 12:08 PM
Dec 10, 2018 6:22 AM

Jul 2013
I actually like pewds' content now that it's mostly memes lol back then when he was more of a let's play channel, I didn't give a shit about him, I didn't even know him but now he's been my daily source of internet shits and giggle for the past couple of months.
Dec 10, 2018 6:24 AM

Apr 2016
Pewdie ofc, isn't he one of MAL member?
Dec 10, 2018 7:06 AM

Oct 2018
This is pretty much just a meme. People on YouTube are capitalizing on this event for views. I mean, I think it's all a little ridiculous, and personally, even if T-Series passed PewDiePie, Pewds would still be the most subscribed individual on YouTube, just not the most subbed Channel. So it really doesn't matter and I don't watch him regularly anyway.

Most of his content is clickbait af and it's all just a meme at this point.

But, he is overall a decent person. I mean, just the other day he raised $179,000 for "Indian 9 year olds". A charity to help kids in India receive the food they need. So, I like him as a person, not a content creator.

What we should be talking about is YouTube Rewind 2018, now that was, uhhhh, a disaster.
izumaDec 10, 2018 7:52 AM

i'm a worm
Dec 10, 2018 7:38 AM

Mar 2017
Fellow bros, fellow 9 year olds

On this day we commemorate this holy platform on which our King, just like us, posted cringy and edgy shitposts on this very forum. Just Like Us, the King belonged to this Gang Weeb, and was a Gamer Who Rose Up.

Let us not forget, let us cherish this memory and may our King bless us all.
Dec 10, 2018 8:06 AM

Apr 2018
Akhdas said:
He was not anymore.
Dec 10, 2018 8:15 AM

May 2013
Akhdas said:

He gave up anime to read books.

What a nerd.
Dec 10, 2018 8:19 AM

Mar 2017
Pxi2 said:
Akhdas said:

What a nerd.

and he gave up reading books to play vidya games and become a youtuber

what a loser
Dec 10, 2018 10:46 AM

Feb 2015
Dec 10, 2018 10:51 AM

Aug 2015
why does it even matter? a youtuber against an indian music label.. if it was an another youtuber it would make more sense to me. but whatever a jobless culture

Dec 10, 2018 11:01 AM

Jul 2014
Imagine actually caring about this
Take care of yourself

Dec 10, 2018 12:20 PM

Aug 2018
joohyunbae said:
why does it even matter? a youtuber against an indian music label.. if it was an another youtuber it would make more sense to me. but whatever a jobless culture

Many people care about this becuse it somewhat represents the end of an era on youtube, untill a while ago, all the large channels on the site were individual creators, and nowdays, there are so many large channels that are just companies.

In recent years, corporations have taken over youtube, which is a platform made made for individuals to make their own stuff, and are now using it as another way to promote themselves. A big chunk of the you community isn't happy about that, and wants Pewds, an individual, to represent the platform and the community as a whole.
Dec 10, 2018 12:53 PM

Jul 2007
Sometimes I feel like I'm about 120 years old reading all the shite on here.
Dec 10, 2018 2:56 PM

Apr 2016
Sushantbro said:
Akhdas said:
He was not anymore.

Unless he somehow deleted his account, i don't think he's not a forum member anymore, just an inactive one i say.
Pxi2 said:
Akhdas said:

What a nerd.

He still watch anime tho
Dec 10, 2018 3:44 PM

Aug 2007
I obviously support ex-MAL member Pewdie.
Dec 10, 2018 4:13 PM

Nov 2017
All these boring nerds living under rocks bashing on pewds

plz @ me
Dec 10, 2018 5:44 PM

Oct 2018
papsoshea said:
BackstageMage said:

Jesus Christ it's a meme lol

Memes are suppose to be funny, people literally spend hours on T-series v Pewdiepie streams.

Dec 10, 2018 6:05 PM
Mar 2018
Regardless, he will remain the most subscribed YouTube. T-series is like a company.
Dec 10, 2018 6:14 PM

Oct 2018
papsoshea said:
BackstageMage said:

Memes are suppose to be funny, people literally spend hours on T-series v Pewdiepie streams.
I'm talking about the screenshot you posted, and what Boogie said is funny.

I acknowledged that above already, it's that I've seen people take it seriously and that's the problem. It's more so I'm irritated with all of this.

Dec 10, 2018 6:17 PM

Sep 2015
I think its pretty funny how big this whole thing has gotten, i'm also 9 years old so of course i support Pewdiepie.
Dec 10, 2018 8:32 PM
Mar 2018
pewdiepie has slowly become probably my favorite youtuber. didnt really like him too much when all he did was do gameplay videos since he seemed really bored and forced. but once he started to do things like pew news and play the games he want, he became a different, guy. a genuine guy that i love to watch in my free time
Dec 11, 2018 4:07 AM

Apr 2018
HotPocketChris said:
pewdiepie has slowly become probably my favorite youtuber. didnt really like him too much when all he did was do gameplay videos since he seemed really bored and forced. but once he started to do things like pew news and play the games he want, he became a different, guy. a genuine guy that i love to watch in my free time
Yeah I didn't like him before. I like him for the present content. I am not into gaming.
Dec 11, 2018 4:29 AM
Aug 2011

"Straight Men" support Pewdiepie. I'm surprised they missed the boat here actually and didn't write "cis white straight men".

Common sense would suggest the dude doesn't get 75 million* subs without appealing to a fair chunk of different demographics. Male, female, straight, gay etc.

* There are about 30 million men aged 15-30 in the USA (source), which would be Pewdiepie's core age demographic. So, about 1/10th of the USA's population are 15-30 year old men. The European Union has 500 million people, so we get a total of 80 million 15-30 year old men in both USA and Europe. If that demographic make up the vast majority of Pewdiepie's subscribers then he'd have to have nearly 100% of existing white millennial males. Clearly he needs both male and female viewers and/or non-white fans, to have those kinds of numbers.
cipheronDec 11, 2018 4:57 AM
Dec 11, 2018 4:45 AM
Feb 2016
Neither. This sort of thing/conflict if one can call it that is one I have not a lot of emotional or parasocial stakes in, so it's hard for me to really care.

Dec 12, 2018 10:42 PM

Oct 2018
I love PewDieDad and I'm proud to be a 9 year old.
Dec 15, 2018 10:45 PM

Dec 2008
From what little I've seen this guy is an egotistical narcissistic jerk.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Dec 15, 2018 11:18 PM

Mar 2016
I have no real opinion on the matter because I've never found PewDiePie to be funny, and I did not even know of T-Series' existence until it was brought to light. It's entertaining how passionate people seem to be about it all, however.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Dec 16, 2018 2:19 AM

Jul 2013
Pewdiepie is more than 1mil ahead again. That's the power of memes at work.
Dec 16, 2018 4:08 AM

Jan 2016
Im not on either side.
I don't like Pewds for doing something like that and im not 'cheering' for T-Series since i don't like indian thingy and i don't hate Pewds.
Don't get me wrong, i love pewds, still subscribed and watch him. I've watched him since a long time ago, and i know that he is actually very respectful, humble and chill guy irl but very sarcastic and sometimes too loose on youtube. But well, im just uninterested on this er.. joke.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Would you consider becoming a vegatarain, maybe Vegan ? ( 1 2 )

SyrupPastryNice - Apr 10

68 by -Jahra »»
32 seconds ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

36 by -Jahra »»
14 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

22 by elgatosaika »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

17 by blueblur »»
19 minutes ago

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - 6 hours ago

13 by Zettaiken »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.