Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 5, 2018 4:33 PM
Jun 2014
This anime started pretty strong and was pretty enjoyable to read, but what the hell has happened? Their relationship has truly regressed and Mai more abusive than caring. Ohh, so she's had one or two intimate moments with some meaningless smalltalk, but what else? and now it's just nothing really and the show just keeps putting up barriers and Mai sure as hell ain't making any effort.
StormenDec 5, 2018 4:48 PM
Dec 5, 2018 5:00 PM
Aug 2017
The weakest arc, but it was good, well paced.

I think I've never seen a transformation with a balloon pop like that lol caught me off of guard, it was funny to watch.

Looking forward to Kaede's arc!
Dec 5, 2018 5:25 PM

Jun 2015
raytsh said:
I love how they did the transformation/body swap! It illustrates how not the mind jumped into another body but how the minds stayed the same and the bodies transformed. All the other shows simply swap the minds and the reverse swapping would just be everybody realising that they are back in their old body without any visuals to go along with it. Very well done!
Particularly nice was the sound effect of breaking an egg they used for it.
Dec 5, 2018 5:31 PM
May 2013
this show is such a breath of fresh air even in its worst moments. i agree that this was the least captivating arc -- and i assume it's partly because most of us couldn't relate to the matter being exploited, and the whole "brain mutates body due to inferiority complex" shtick is so absurd it ends up uninteresting -- but the plot was still well handled.

most of all i love how, aside from the obvious supernatural phenomena, this is such a down to earth, realistic show. it's in the little things -- a beginner idol group struggling to fill a 50-cap basement and its unexperienced leader fucking up onstage, or the parent-son relationship that's not a loving, close one but not necessarily harmful either. much like the high school student who's got some wits to him instead of being either a total prud, a shut-in or an edgelord, these situations exist and are not rare at all. it's nice to see them being represented.

someone said that the main couple's regressed, but their current situation is also very much a potrait of when it happens in real life. you can bet a 17-year old celebrity who's "switching bodies" with her sister AND being harassed into relinquishing her love life won't have the time nor the levelheadedness required to maintain and progress their relationship.

at this point i might be biased but, even though the mutating bodies scene was freaky as hell, it was a pretty cool decision which was also explained afterwards. this is not a conventional show, so we should expect to be weirded out by some of their choices.
felipecardelDec 5, 2018 5:50 PM
Dec 5, 2018 5:43 PM

Oct 2017
i like how they had microphones despite not even singing the first song
Dec 5, 2018 5:55 PM

Apr 2012
Sakuta will now start listening J-Pop, ship idols with each other and start a blog on Thumblr?
Dec 5, 2018 6:07 PM
Oct 2018
I liked this episode as it wrapped up the new arc and adding a little twist at the end. I'm guessing the next and final arc will be focused on Kaede going back to school since we havent really gotten one arc for her.

I think the whole thing with them getting papparazzi'd and Sakuta's old crush case will be saved until the movie and it will revolve around that.

Anyways, good episode as always, not the best to compete with previous episodes in my opinion, but it was deffinetly entertaining and didn't dissapoint me.
Dec 5, 2018 6:17 PM
EDM ❤

May 2012
If it goes like most romance this should be the point we get some drama and they are far apart to come back again in episode 13.

4/5 very nice.
Dec 5, 2018 6:26 PM
Oct 2015
They cut off the part where Mai announced Sakuta was her boyfriend to her fans and they then finally had a date that we have been waiting for, that date is the best moment in this arc, making my sugar levels go up because Mai is very cute here. Maybe they will include this part in the next episodes, but this will definitely reduce the Kaede's Arc. They even reduce the conversation scene with mai and nodoka. This is what happens if they force 2 episodes to cover 1 volume. Well I understand their reasons, so they can adapt volumes 6 and 7 into a movie
Dec 5, 2018 6:43 PM

Nov 2011
Sakuta has one thing on this mind and that makes the most sense in this anime lol. This arc was okay but i knew going into it that it was probably going to be the worst one. I think the little sister arc is going to be really good considering Kaede is a really likable character and a lot of people can compare to her current situation.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 5, 2018 6:44 PM
Aug 2013
putuarisudana said:
but this will definitely reduce the Kaede's Arc. They even reduce the conversation scene with mai and nodoka. This is what happens if they force 2 episodes to cover 1 volume. Well I understand their reasons, so they can adapt volumes 6 and 7 into a movie

It's ok to tell us what the studio cut from the novel.
But remember to add spoiler for what coming next or such.

I'm sorry, but I think that's a lot of spoiler in your post. Just my opinion tho, cmiiw
Dec 5, 2018 6:59 PM
Apr 2017
good ep,i really cry
Dec 5, 2018 7:01 PM

Dec 2017
3 last episode make me sad...
Dec 5, 2018 7:21 PM
Jan 2018
I just want a Mai and Sakuta arc again...
Dec 5, 2018 7:21 PM

Apr 2016
This arc felt rather weak to me.
Dec 5, 2018 7:30 PM

May 2018
This is a story, about a girl who can't do what she want, because her parent, who force her to doing something that not her passion. Damn, I always sad for this kind of story, I mean, seeing someone jailed in their family's demand, just give them a freedom to do what they want, as long as they aren't doing something bad.

So, this isn's body swap, more like face-off. This is rare kind though.

Those idol things made me remember my time when I still a Idol Fans. Cute dance, MC Time, High-five after concert, and of course... Update for song list on Social Media xD OMG i can't believe I still remember it !

Paparazzi, huh ? That's also not surprising, if we remember that while Nodoka is still as Mai, Sakuta always accompanied her everywhere, like a good hunt for camera man. But of course there's always the way to solve it, this is super couple Sakuta x Mai we are talking about xD

Next time, the finale, imouto arc ! Father, check ! Sister want to go to school, check ! Best brother Sakuta, check ! Let's see how this would go.
TsuzukuHunter2ndDec 5, 2018 7:34 PM
Dec 5, 2018 7:33 PM

Sep 2017
God damnit, they just have to keep making it harder for Mai and Sakuta to be together. They also had to throw in some quantum teleportation jibberish.

Well this was a pretty good conclusion to the arc. Tho they probably coulda had this talk in the beginning and fixed it immediately. Mai pulled off a pretty impressive save on stage when that other girl dropped the mic. Nodaka's reaction really makes me wonder if she'd be able to pull that off now that she's back as herself lol. Also swimming deep into the ocean to kill yourself is probably not a great approach, though I've heard drowning is somehow peaceful...
Dec 5, 2018 7:40 PM

Aug 2018
ProofByColor said:
Tho they probably coulda had this talk in the beginning and fixed it immediately.

Nah it wouldn't have felt earned at that point.

The show had quite a bit more to say than the standard "don't compare yourself to your sister; be your own person" lesson that everyone is fixating on. So much in there about expectations we place on ourselves, that parents place on us and that we place on our parents. Mai and Sakuta had to grow as characters and come to their own realizations before they were truly in a position to help Nodoka.
Set SCE to AUX
Dec 5, 2018 8:28 PM
Jan 2016
So Sakuta opened it! I think Mai wanted him to open it!

So the sisters problem is fixed, and Nodoka don't want to be like Mai anymore, and they now are really close as sister, the moment between Mai and Nodoka was really heartfelt, and i liek how Mai consolated Nodoka, Mai is trully the best girl, the godess! Didn't expect appearance change instead of mind, it caught me off guard! Mai slapping Sakuta was really funny!

Idol show was enjoyable, Mai is fantastic, she catching the micro and singing to fix partner's mistake!

Kaeda was too much adorable in school uniform!

So paparazis caught Sakuta walking with Mai, and now it is another problem to this wonderfull couple!

Seems next episode will be Kaeda's arc, i am hyped to see that!
Dec 5, 2018 8:33 PM

May 2013
WTHeck....?
Is the studio in trouble? This episode was a mess, -.-"
Fast pace with barely time to the next scene, the dad part was like 20 sec and over.
i wonder how much they tried to squeeze of the novel in this episode.

Rushed af.
Could be way better.
Hope they don't do any of this in the next arc.

Is a great serie, i'll go nuts if the studio go retard because their internal stuff.
Dec 5, 2018 8:44 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, as always.
But that ending...i wonder how they will solve this.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 5, 2018 8:58 PM

Jan 2013
hmmm? are we gonna go back to episode 1? XD
Pyon2WarpKunDec 5, 2018 9:02 PM
Dec 5, 2018 9:13 PM

Jan 2013
isuzusan said:
JUST LET THEM BE LOVEY DOVEY ALREADY, MY GOD.
I JUST WANT A SIMPLE DATE EPISODE WITH NO DRAMA AND NO INTERRUPTIONS AND NO PUBERTY SYNDROME.

Why're you watching anime? You should be playing VNs. Anime has a short amount of time to do what they want to do. When you read VNs you get that kind of romantic catharsis. Go read Majikoi.
Dec 5, 2018 9:13 PM
Oct 2018
What happened to the quality of the animation?
Dec 5, 2018 10:00 PM

Sep 2016
I'm glad Nodoka's arc was finished quickly
Dec 5, 2018 10:45 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
This anime is turning lame day by day. Started with a 9 and now is barely a 6.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Dec 5, 2018 11:17 PM

May 2015
And Sakuta opened the cabinet and looked inside. This man ain't loyal...

So...Nodoka's mom asks for "Mai" to return Nodoka to her...but she doesn't question why Sakuta is with her?

AIDORUS!

Nodoka is acting like a little sister...

So Mai's real reason of pursuing her career as a celebrity is because of Nodoka...

Whoa wtf. That body transfer was weird...

Hey! Futaba's not in a ponytail this time! Boo! Give us the ponytail!

Whoever wrote this book is a fraud:

To me, this was the weakest arc. And the pacing in this episode was faster than usual. I honestly wasn't feeling anything...

Now Nodoka will be living with Mai, which means Sakuta won't be able to advance on her as much. Nodoka is being a cuck!

Oh? Looks like they didn't ignore "Mai" casually walking with Sakuta. I was about to hold this episode against that. A clutch save.
Dec 5, 2018 11:18 PM

Feb 2015
Im glad this arc didn't linger too long, it will be interesting to see how Mai copes with her relationship exposed.

Kaede's arc should be better, im still loving this show
Dec 5, 2018 11:27 PM
Jun 2017
BE TRUE TO YOURSELF!!! AND NOT TO PRETEND TO BE SOMEONE ELSE!!! thats the main story for this episode as nodoka and mai have able to talk to each other and say what they want to say.

good episode... next episode is about kaede... cant wait for this one...
Dec 6, 2018 12:47 AM

Sep 2018
my least favourite arc, but still phenomenal. can’t wait to see kaede’s arc!
Dec 6, 2018 12:58 AM

Oct 2011
suganims said:
Good arc, but the thing that was bothering me through the whole episode - is it just me or the quality of animation really went down in this episode? Maybe it's because they wanted to make the performance part really good but damn, their faces were so silly looking at times.

Oh good I thought it was just me. I don't really care for animation quality but the drop in quality this ep was noticeable and awkward. Sacrificing effort for that performance scene kinda makes sense.

It doesn't matter for me though since I still really enjoyed this episode/arc. The body switch was awesome and completely took me by surprise. I thought this would be one of those 'everything went back to normal the next morning' conclusions lol
Dec 6, 2018 1:12 AM

Dec 2014
i woyuldn't lie it was creepy when their bodies switched back... finally focusing on the imouto
Dec 6, 2018 2:12 AM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
TitanAnteus said:
Why're you watching anime? You should be playing VNs. Anime has a short amount of time to do what they want to do. When you read VNs you get that kind of romantic catharsis. Go read Majikoi.

Who are you to question why I watch anime? I'm watching anime because I enjoy anime. Simple as. You may enjoy anime in a different way than I or anyone else does, but don't point that out like it's a bad thing just because it doesn't fit your way of doing things. Please keep that in mind next time you try and do something like this again.

I do not honestly expect a date episode, and even if we did it certainly wouldn't be a simple date with no drama involved. I do not enjoy reading VNs because they take way too long to get to the point. I simply wanted to express how I want Sakuta and Mai to have a good time together in this weird version of the world - I may have done that badly but that was my point all the same.
Dec 6, 2018 2:53 AM
Dec 2018
Keirik said:
SwordOfEnd said:
So, after watching this episode, i started to wonder if the anime will have a proper ending, or will you have to read the light novel/manga?
Note that i haven't read the ln/manga, so please refrain from spoiling.
Thanks in advance

The movie will adapt volumes 6 and possibly 7, which aren't the final books but they're basically the climax to what the anime has built up to.

So, any news of the movie air date in japan, or even the date where it gets subbed and published on any website?
And do i have to read the LN after the movie?
Dec 6, 2018 3:00 AM
Feb 2017
That transformation sound scares me XD

Good episode but too rush.
Dec 6, 2018 3:32 AM

May 2015
Wow, convenient parents that actually came back. Without any reason though, kinda pointless if it's all there is to it.
Dec 6, 2018 3:34 AM

Aug 2014
Farabeuf said:

But, alas, we're going to have to put up with the shitstorm of Mai having a boyfriend. I have NEVER understood that weird Japanese obsession with not having actresses/singers date. I mean, does anyone here mind if their favorite female performer has a boyfriend or marries or whatever?

I don't mind whether my favourite actress, singers ( don't have any though ) or seiyuu are dating or getting married, it's their life they can live however the fuck they want. Japanese people are crazy
Dec 6, 2018 4:57 AM

Mar 2017
My least favorite arc, but good so far. It's always refreshing to see this. I'm really looking forward for Kaede's arc.
Dec 6, 2018 4:58 AM
Jan 2018
so they didn't swap body instead they turned into each other ?????? how did they get into each others houses then
Dec 6, 2018 5:01 AM

Jun 2017
That reminded me of Mio hitting Ritsu instead of Mugi when Mugi ate her strawberry: "WHY ME???"

It never gets old.

Dec 6, 2018 6:31 AM

Mar 2018
I'm happy that we got some idols, there's always time for idols.
Dec 6, 2018 7:54 AM
Mar 2017
It was good, but rather lackluster when compared to the previous ones. But then again, the previous ones were pretty brilliant. KAEDE ARCCCC
Dec 6, 2018 8:01 AM

Aug 2018
DeathArrow said:
I'm happy that we got some idols, there's always time for idols.

Is it weird that I kind of want the single version of the song they sang? ("BABY")
Set SCE to AUX
Dec 6, 2018 8:45 AM

May 2017
Eunos said:
was that horror scene a jigoku shoujo reference?

that scane shocked me lol
Dec 6, 2018 8:56 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
papsoshea said:
Worldstar!!

Farabeuf said:
I have NEVER understood that weird Japanese obsession with not having actresses/singers date. I mean, does anyone here mind if their favorite female performer has a boyfriend or marries or whatever?
It's because of $$$ if the Jap men know their idols/waifu's are pure and virgins then it fulfils their fantasies - they buy the merch etc. In anime, let's say in SAO, Asuna was actually raped, her merch wouldn't sell anywhere near to likes that it has been, she would be viewed by the Jap men as "used goods."

I know and that's just so weird and toxic for me. They're people with lives too. Why should they hide their love life for the sake of fans?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 6, 2018 9:56 AM

May 2016
Not my fav arc i need more serious stuff like first arc.
Dec 6, 2018 10:11 AM

Mar 2017
I'm getting really bored of this show, the flat character dialogue and snarky banter was fun at the start but now it's just like listening to pieces of cardbroad grate against eachother...

Thankfully Nagano stepped in making it more bareable because she's energetic, and they're finally focusing on the true best character/girl Kaede next episode.

Thank god
Dec 6, 2018 11:22 AM

Mar 2017
That noise when they switched back to their old appearances scared the crap out of me! It sounded so violent, like from a horror movie or something. :P I was expecting more of a mystical "woosh" or sparkly, glittery sound, or for it to happen off-screen.

All in all it was a decent arc. I think I like the first one the most still, but it's definitely some high quality stuff. I like the idol songs and the silly conversation they had on stage. I can kind of see why people are into idols as well!
Dec 6, 2018 11:25 AM

Mar 2017
Great episode.
So Nodoka's letters were inside Mai's closet.
Anyway got some information about Sakuta's parents and family situation.
Many things happened and they finally went back to their own bodies.
Now, that scandal of Mai and Sakuta looks troublesome.
Next time it's Kaede's arc I'm guessing.
Dec 6, 2018 12:36 PM

Jun 2017
It wasn't bad, but it sure wasn't the best Arc either

Next Girl will be Kaede? Movie is going to be about Shouko then..
ZhexalDec 6, 2018 12:44 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2018

327 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 3, 6:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.