Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Post New Reply
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Poll: Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion

Dec 11, 2018 5:08 PM
I find myself agreeing with those saying this was the weakest arc. That being said, I love this show so even it’s weakest arc is still good. I find myself completely disinterested in idol culture, so the arc really had to sell me on Nadoka, which I feel it wasn’t able to. She was just too simple, and unlike Koga, there wasn’t a lot of layers to make you appreciate her character.

I think people are being really hard on his parents. Yeah, what they did is shitty and inexcusable, but they are people. His mom had a breakdown and his dad didn’t know what to do. Sakuta seemed to be able to handle it well, so he unfairly left that burden on his son. I think Sakuta is mature enough to realize that, while his parents are not fully capable parents, they do care.

That being said, I’m hype for the next arc. I feel like these last episodes might start pushing Sakuta emotionally. We got a tease of him breaking his cool attitude in the first arc, and I’m hoping we get to see more of it coming up.
Modified by Joel_Hines, Dec 11, 2018 5:13 PM

Dec 15, 2018 12:14 PM

the poor slap to azusagawa..
otherwise, this was hard to watch as an older sibling and thinking about the real comparison that goes on like that.

Dec 17, 2018 10:26 AM

I want that book about Quantym physics for gorillas. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."

Dec 20, 2018 7:21 PM

Although the end of this arc felt a bit cliche for my taste, I still liked it. That said, it was probably my least favorite one but it was still interesting enough. Not to mention that I really liked this episode in particular.

And yes, as some people had said, this whole drama could have been solved earlier if both Mai and Nodoka would have decided to have a talk but oh well. The way it all was wrapped up was very emotive and understandable so I have no major complains.

Overall, it was just a "good" arc but not as great as some of the previous ones. And now I'm really looking forward to Kaede's one. Who was adorable in this episode too.
Modified by SouthRzVa, May 23, 2020 12:22 AM

Dec 27, 2018 9:39 AM
Supreme Tsundere

That sound when they swamped back their bodies, it was kinda disgusting...
Otherwise, while far from the best, it keep enough quality to still be worth calling it a great drama series IMO.

I think I shed a tear when May was dancing with the rest of the sweet bullets and managed to catch up the mic the other girl dropped in mid air, to me that showed Mai's character to do her best for her sister while in her body, it was really moving for me.

Dec 29, 2018 7:19 PM

eto.... this arc was kind boring and the drama was annoying and cliche.

Jan 2, 2019 12:42 AM

That transformation was ridiculously creepy LOL. I had to replay it 3 extra times cuz it caught me by surprise and I was shook at how gross it was LMFAO.

I'm glad Kaede is wanting to go to school again. It was getting me concerned, as she doesn't seem like she gets home-schooled either ^^" The Asian in me disapproves of her being a hikikomori so early in life LOL
Modified by Kokoro_Kotashima, Jan 2, 2019 12:47 AM

Jan 6, 2019 2:53 AM

landofthekwt said:
Quantum Mechanics even a Gorilla can undersgtand

I can't stop laughing at this :DDD

but man... dat direct transform at the end just like "Boof..." XD

Jan 8, 2019 10:55 AM

I gotta say when they swapped back that was some weird shit. I was so taken back. Probably the best thing that happened this arc.

Overall this arc was very eh.

Jan 11, 2019 3:08 PM

Oh shit that transformation! Didn't expect the appearance rather the actual minds but I knew they were going to do something special with that scene! Also quite interested to see this topic finish so fast actually. With three more episodes I really do wonder and secretly hope it will be about either the main character or his sister.

Let's see what's next.

Jan 22, 2019 4:17 PM

That transformation caught me off guard, but somehow it was pretty cool in how it was done. I'm glad everything's fine for both of them, but now they'll have to deal with paparazzi and shit. God I hate the media when it comes to stuff like this, especially Japanese people who get mad when their pure idol/celebrity has a boyfriend... I just want the two of them to have their lovey-dovey time in peace :(

Jan 23, 2019 4:02 AM

Probably the weakest arc to this point.

Jan 24, 2019 3:23 PM

Ok this episode was pretty good, they executed the episode really well, first with the awesome save mai made while singing not enough getting feat8red and getting moms attention, she then settles the conflict between her sister such a good episode

Feb 6, 2019 1:04 AM

This is all Nodoka's mom's fault. Always pushing her daughter to do shit and be like her sister. Bitch. She should be the one swapping bodies tbh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 9, 2019 7:49 PM

I actually wanted to know more about Sakuta's family other in addition to Mai's and Nodoka's families.

Oh hell yeah! We got a treat! An idol show!
Nice job for Mai, taking the lead in an instant like when she did it was awesome! No wonder why Nodoka's mom is so grateful. Practice makes perfect!

I was actually pissed when Nodoka is planning to drown herself in Mai's body, good thing Sakuta drop the truth on her face, Mai's hate was a lie all along. After Nodoka saw all those letters her inferiority complex is overloading like crazy. And when she goes on about how she hates Mai for being unfair and shit... Oh, she needs a slap! Quite disappointed when Mai slapped Sakuta instead, but the reason was quite valid.

Well, that's a weird body swap sound effect. I didn't know quantum teleportation has a similar sound to a soda pop! But they actually didn't really swap their bodies! They only changed their appearances to each other due to the fact that both of them are jealous of each other, changing their appearances to the other. I wonder what Mai is jealous of towards Nodoka, but I think I can make a few guesses.

Hearing that Nodoka gets why Mai likes Sakuta makes me happy. At least a close relative of Mai's get how Sakuta is like, unlike the asshole who stalks Mai (Nodoka in at the time) around when she was walking with Sakuta. smh yet another rumours eruption may be occurring...

B A B A B O E Y

Feb 17, 2019 3:54 PM

I kinda wondered when that bomb goes down, they were walking together almost all of this arc (they were really carefree about it). They were even more lucky someone didn't photo them on the beach at night. Now they don't have many options to do (fans can be cruel).

This arc certainly was bad but somehow expectable. But at least her sister still remained relevant (unlike Tomoe who doesn't fit anywhere after her arc was over). I partly though the scene where they reconcilled with each other was good but hearing Mai saying those comforting words about her sister's mother was really hypocritical considering they don't have the best mother-daughter relationship too. I also don't like how they swap their bodies in the end - I know this is animated medium and they needed to show it on screen but would it be a lot better is only their minds travel? This way it means they "somehow" created those bodies which feels pretty unreal. Kokoro Connect did a lot better with this, even working with all the implications of the change and problems arising from it (kimi no na wa too).

With sister's complex resolved, seems like Kaede is the next. Two eps for her and one for the showbiz drama then? Welp, and I completely forgot about Shoko.

May 7, 2019 10:20 AM
For me personally, this is one of the best arcs. I really liked this arc, short as it was with two episodes. The arc that I enjoyed least was Futaba's. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it though!

Nodoka. Life seems complicated for her. She wants to be like Mai, but at the same time she wants to beat Mai, but also she's NOT Mai. I think she was under a lot of pressure because of her mother wanting to be her husband's ex-wife (and in extension, her ex-wife's daughter with him). When you put that thought in your daughter's mind, it's basically like saying you're not good enough. You need to be better. "Am I not good enough as I am? As who I am?" These are pretty damaging things, and that really was true for Nodoka. She's conflicted because she loves Mai as her sister and wants to be close to her, but at the same time she has to beat her, treat her like an adversary, like competition, and she's the indirect cause of her suffering (being forced to join auditions, a pop idol group, etc.). It was sad seeing her reaction to the concert. I'd definitely get how she'd think that she wasn't needed, because Mai seemed to do a far better job than she ever did, and then her mother was all smiles with her, which she felt had never happened to her. That hurt.

But at the apartment, the fact that Mai kept all her letters was really sweet. And when Nodoka talked about how she didn't really understand what it meant when they had different mothers, and after she did she felt uneasy in sending more letters, that really explained the problem with divorce. Almost always, the victim is the children. And those letters helped Mai too. People who congratulated her all around her didn't know who she was, but this was her little sister, however bewildering it is. They might be sisters from different mothers, but they're still sisters. It was heartwarming and emotional to see Mai helping Nodoka get through each and every one of her issues and how basically, Mai gave Nodoka the advice and experience she gained in her own arc from the beginning of the show.

Mai seemed to be doing far better than Nodoka was. I guess that's just Mai; she's strong, professional, and a hard worker. When Mai gave the key to Sakuta and told him NOT to open the cabinets in the Japanese-style room, I was pretty sure Sakuta was going to open it. But somehow, I feel that Mai did that on purpose. As though she knew it could be the key to help end this problem. That last bit at the end about her possibly being jealous of her sister, I gave a think. I think it's not the same as Nodoka, since I'm pretty sure she was aware that her accomplishments were generally speaking greater than Nodoka's. What I think is that, she was jealous of Nodoka because her father is with Nodoka, and not her. That's what I think, at least. Kinda makes sense if you think about it, don't you think?

Also, they swapped APPEARANCES? I thought they swapped bodies, definitely different from something like in Kimi no Na wa. Sakuta's reaction was just short surprise and then nothing. But, literally, these two just had their appearances magically changed how can you be so relaxed?

Sakuta and his dad though. I'm not really sure why their mom would react the way that she did and got hospitalised... and then abandoned her children, basically. But it was kinda sad seeing their initial interactions, felt awkward and distant. Glad that it seemed warmer after he asked the question about being a parent (and his reaction was funny). Really hope that they can reconcile and maybe live together again.

Is there never peace for Mai and Sakuta? Can't they just enjoy their relationship? Sigh, trouble after trouble. Kinda had a feeling when I saw some of the background characters looking at Mai (Nodoka) at the train station. Just had a bad feeling.

Is the next arc Kaede's? Finally, I've been waiting to see more and more development on Kaede. I hope she can finally go out again and go to school and live a normal, happy life! Can't wait to see!

Jun 20, 2019 4:06 AM

Great episode, shows how hard it can be for each of us in our own walks of life.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Jul 4, 2019 7:48 AM

that was creepy af

Oct 28, 2019 7:07 AM
Poor sakuta,he got slapped for helping

Feb 12, 2020 6:57 AM

Hm.. Nodoka maybe dyed her hair blonde, if she was brown haired as a child?.. Not necessary, as sometimes hair color changes, especially for children.. But it'd make sense, maybe..
Well, honestly it feels a bit strange.. So Nodoka can be idol, maybe unpopular one, but still idol on scene, but not someone who feels for commercial ads?.. I have question about writing in this point, or I maybe just miss something.. I guess emphasis can be put on that she's not popular idol, but she still is one..
And if they gather whole room?.. I really wouldn't call it a work of someone not in front of eyes of many..
End of arc.. Well, didn't like it too much, honestly.. Just because it wasn't too relatable, really.. I have no complaints about that.. Only feeling of saltiness that now we'll have to deal with such uninteresting problem as someone seeing Sakuta with Mai?.. Yeah, I get it that it gets in the way of her job, but I couldn't care less about all this popular tv celebrity problems really..

Mar 27, 2020 11:56 PM

And yeah I think the that horror scene was a "Jigoku Shoujo" Reference lol

Sep 8, 2020 11:24 AM

Now feeling bad for thinking some trap or Sakuta related stuff was in the cupboard only to turn out to be Nodoka's wholesome letters. Them turning back scared the shit out of me (like some jumpscare), honestly expected the minds to just return and not the bodies to change. Seems like Mai's siscon imouto Nodoka has been saved now onto Sakuta's brocon imouto Kaede.
Konnichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
R̶̰̃e̸̢͋ḷ̵̂ë̸̲́a̷̖͗s̶̙̀e̵̹̋ ̴̠̒m̷̨͘e̴͓͠ ̸̠̅f̶̢̾r̶̠͊o̴͔͑ṃ̷͝ ̸̖̆ṁ̶ͅẙ̸̯ ̷̭̇m̸̛̝ȍ̸͔r̵̖̎t̵͈̄a̶̛͎l̸͖͠ ̴͔̿p̸̨̈́a̸̖͊ì̴͈n̴̡̑

Oct 10, 2020 6:21 AM
I sensed insecurity in Nodoka's part and I feel it very badly. It hurts me right in the feels.

Oct 23, 2020 7:11 PM

man, nodoka is such a pain in the ass. this one was the worst arc until now. in my opinion, obviously.

Nov 13, 2020 7:45 AM

One problem got resolved, another one appears. Guess they did not think about the no-dating rule when they were working on that body-switching. Btw that slap from Mai to Sakuta was pretty mean imo.

Apr 3, 2021 9:37 PM

We got a sneak peek at the past for the sister's when they were kids, Kaede with a school uniform is so damn cute I would love to see that every day

Nodoka is feeling a little bit jealous of Mai for being so perfect that she feels like she's not wanted anymore even by her own mother and the fact that she thinks Mai hated her is just false but actually vice versa and kept all her mails that she sent to her onee-chan (the way they switched bodies was weird just instantly switched that's the power of the puberty syndrome I suppose)

Now Nodoka is moving in Mai-san's apartment for a while and we might have a publicity problem this next episode and I'm feeling kinda unsure what will happen next.

Apr 12, 2021 9:35 AM
Waifu Inspector

Part of me feels like Sakuta’s father and mother failed their children as parents. But it seems Sakuta and Kaede still managed to do well in the absence of their parents from their life. I hope that Kaede is next in who gets to be saved, it seems the anime is hinting towards that. Glad the sisters got to make up. Also nice seeing Futaba again.

Apr 27, 2021 1:11 PM

Didn't like this episode much, and the arc as a whole was mediocre at best, and I'm slightly generous with that too. The whole arc felt insanely dragged out where the solution was so simple, and the science behind this really felt like too much of a plot convenience for an arc like this without impacting the story way too much other than the fact that Nodoka was depressed about Mai in her body succeeding at the concert and having Nodoka's mom praise her.

Jul 15, 2021 5:29 PM
This arc was short and sweet, which is good. I guess it simultaneously gave both sisters a bit more development... though when Mai and Nodoka switched back, the sound effect was weirdly creepy for some reason..?
Anywho, im excited to see how the handle the whole dating situation now that the paparazzi has caught on

Sep 27, 2021 11:00 PM
I somewhat empathized with Nodoka but at the end she really deserved to get slapped by Sakuta and Mai, poor Sakuta, my man can't catch a fucking break

Oct 21, 2021 9:31 AM
Finally Nodoka's realised that she DOES NOT need to be like her sister. She can just be good at her own career of being an idol singer. That snap sound when Mai and Nodoka swapped back to their original sleeves was rather suddenXD

I don't get why Mai slapped Sakuta when Nodoka was kinda being a spoiled brat, poor dude. I am rather bewildered by the fact that Sakuta accepted what his parents had done to him. He bears so many responsibilities and helps people. What a chad.

How the fuck is it scandalous for Mai to date someone. Fuckin mainstream news media.
Modified by -Facktack-, Oct 21, 2021 9:34 AM

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

Preview MangaManga Store