Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 5, 2018 9:43 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Nodoka s feeling the pressure of being in the shoes of Mai.

Complex emotions for sure this episode. More of Mai's past shown along wth Nodoka. Sakuta's sister also put on some girly uniform clothes :o
I thought the idol performance was alright, kinda entertaining.

I actually kinda like the way they explored the human emotions of Nodoka and Mai on different levels. Mai's advice to Nodoka is great. Hope Nodoka takes it to heart and be a better person for herself.
Stark700Dec 5, 2018 11:25 AM
Dec 5, 2018 10:57 AM

Apr 2010
So the case between the sisters is solved even tho it was pretty harsh on them.
And we even got to see Sakuta's father who seems to be recovering from what happened to his daughter.
It was also funny how he reacted to Sakuta's question about being a parent that is, he must have thought Sakuta knocked someone up.
Still he should return to his family.
Dec 5, 2018 11:26 AM

Jul 2017
Damn the whole time it wasn't their personalities that switched but their entire bodies, and g'dammit more anti-lovey-dovey cucking

Ah well next up is Kaede arc
Dec 5, 2018 11:28 AM

Aug 2018
Interesting to see more of the parents... IMO what Sakuta's parents did with him and Kaede is inexcusable, but hey, anime.

Mai passed on to Nodoka the lesson she learned from Sakuta for herself in her own arc.

The feels were strong in this episode...
Set SCE to AUX
Dec 5, 2018 11:34 AM

Jul 2017
Good episode. This arc was by far the weakest for me but still, it was emotive and paid off well.
Dec 5, 2018 11:41 AM

Jan 2018
All it took was a balloon pop

So they didn't switch bodies but copied it it's just that both of them done it at same time poor Sakuta his lovey dovey time is going to be in shambles more so with the gossip

This arc wasn't that much interesting to me mostly because of Nodoka her character didn't seem that interesting to me

Kaede arc is something I have been waiting for it might shed more light to the mark on Sakuta's chest also I like her character
ArugustorDec 5, 2018 11:49 AM
Dec 5, 2018 11:42 AM

Jul 2014
Fucking shit that caught me off guard, I thought they switched bodies, not transformed into the appearance of each other.

Sakuta's too nice if he's letting his dad off the hook that easily, that being said I didnt really like this arc, oh well, hopefully Kaede arc delivers.

Mai and Sakuta got caught tho, RIP, and here I thought Kaede's was gonna be the only problem, seems Mai's work will also screw with him.
Dec 5, 2018 11:48 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode that did well expanding upon Sakuta and Nodoka's parents and their respective struggles. Kaede looks really different in her uniform but its nice seeing her make the attempt to go back to school. The insight into how Mai and Nodoka met for the first time sure was interesting and cute. Sakuta's family though sure had it tough as a result of the condition though. The idol concert though was really something though. Nodoka's reaction seeing Mai's performance was to be expected i guess. The contents of that box though was pretty surprising. The talk between Mai and Nodoka though was nice and heartwarming. It was cool seeing Mai dispel each of Nodoka's issues as she sough to calm her down. But its good that in the end Mai and Nodoka were able to return to normal. Seems another crisis is incoming for Sakuta though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2018 11:54 AM

Jul 2015
The moment when they switched caught me off guard
Dec 5, 2018 12:05 PM

Mar 2015
That SNAP! sound effect when they switched made me jump!
The sword that takes life gives life
Sep 2018
Sasuga sakuta kun!!,Man this guy is so blunt lmao
And that body snap thing really made my heart doki doki xD

Nov 2016
Decent arc, but still my least favorite one so far.

Next week starts the imouto arc, I'm hoping that this one will be a whole lot better.

Also interested to see how Sakutas and Mais relationship will be affected by the media now.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 5, 2018 12:09 PM

Dec 2014
That idol performance had some nice animation to it. Mai's mic catch was really cool.
I need sleep.
Dec 5, 2018 12:15 PM

Jul 2014
To think, this probably could have all been solved if Mai and Nodoka just talked it out from the very beginning, which would have spared us this mediocre arc entirely. Interesting twist that they didn't actually bodyswap though, just that they took on the other's appearance instead. That at least is some consolation, as it was something I wouldn't have even considered (although it does at least make the scene where Nodoka was going to "kill herself" make a little bit more sense than what it otherwise would have).

And of course they're going to fuck with Sakuta's relationship cos Mai is in showbusiness, aren't they? They couldn't just let that slide and let them be happy, cos heaven forbid we lose out on the crappy drama that's likely to stem from this.

Weakest arc of the show without a shadow of a doubt, and that post-credits scene also made this by far the absolute worst episode of the show so far, and probably the only one I outright disliked.
Dec 5, 2018 12:22 PM
Jan 2018
That freaking transformation was creepy as hell! And the balloon pop for added effect. Anyone else bothers by the animation of the transformation?
Dec 5, 2018 12:29 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
JUST LET THEM BE LOVEY DOVEY ALREADY, MY GOD.
I JUST WANT A SIMPLE DATE EPISODE WITH NO DRAMA AND NO INTERRUPTIONS AND NO PUBERTY SYNDROME.
Dec 5, 2018 12:29 PM
Nov 2015
WTF? Why the hell did they do that bizarre transformation for? It was creepy as hell! They should've changed on their sleep and off camera as any well respected switching bodies story.

This was problably the weakest arc of the show, lots of things I don't like happened in this episode... But... well... it was still fine.
Dec 5, 2018 12:33 PM
Nov 2015
Anerinus said:
That freaking transformation was creepy as hell! And the balloon pop for added effect. Anyone else bothers by the animation of the transformation?

A lot! Who thought that it was a good idea? And the popping balloon really was the bizarre cherry on top of that cringeness flavored cake.
Dec 5, 2018 12:35 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Sakuta's parents are a miserable failure in life. Abandoning your children like that because you cannot cope. Just sad.

Like some others said, this arc is probably the weakest so far. Nodoka is a pretty uninteresting character and her "issues" were obvious from the get go.

Next arc should be better, much more personal too. But, alas, we're going to have to put up with the shitstorm of Mai having a boyfriend. I have NEVER understood that weird Japanese obsession with not having actresses/singers date. I mean, does anyone here mind if their favorite female performer has a boyfriend or marries or whatever?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 5, 2018 12:35 PM

Mar 2016
damn this episode kinda hit home for me
Dec 5, 2018 12:38 PM
Mar 2018
I really don't like this pseudoscience gibberish from Futaba. All that idol part was cringy as hell. I didn't like that arc.
Dec 5, 2018 12:41 PM

Aug 2018
I honestly thought this was one of the top 3 episodes of the series.

Well-paced, well-voiced and with real emotional payoff for drama that's been built up.

Not my favorite arc, but it was solid. 9/10.
Set SCE to AUX
Dec 5, 2018 12:41 PM

Feb 2016
Good episode, This arc was emotional for the most part. That body swap at the conclucssion tho, that was scary as fuck, but not as scary as that after credits scene D:

Orion_Gospel said:
The moment when they switched caught me off guard

Honestly that was very Scary, Props to Sakuta for remaining sane after that XD
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 5, 2018 12:43 PM
Sep 2011
A good episode. And I really love this version of the ending song sung by Maaya Uchida! <3
Dec 5, 2018 12:43 PM

Dec 2017
is this really happening? Sakuta actually wasn't dick for the whole episode? wow. i guess, they took it real seriously with this sister inferiority complex arc. though, it felt weak

lmao, i know, right? i'm happy her bullshit was at the end of the episode so i could just skip that shit instead of it being in the middle as it usually was
SNDT said:
I really don't like this pseudoscience gibberish from Futaba. All that idol part was cringy as hell. I didn't like that arc.
uninstallthegameDec 5, 2018 12:47 PM
Dec 5, 2018 12:48 PM

May 2018
Well that is the end of the Mai and Nodoka body switch , next is the sister.
Dec 5, 2018 1:23 PM

Oct 2018
I was watching this at midnight, and that slap caught me off guard that I burst out laughing, disturbing my roommates. Damn, this show really is awesome.
Dec 5, 2018 1:27 PM

Dec 2010
Not a super strong episode, but there were some great moments throughout.
Notably Mai-san being awesome with the mic catch + slapping Sakuta, and Kaede wearing her school uniform!
Looking forward to Kaede's arc.
Dec 5, 2018 1:28 PM

Oct 2010
Good arc, but the thing that was bothering me through the whole episode - is it just me or the quality of animation really went down in this episode? Maybe it's because they wanted to make the performance part really good but damn, their faces were so silly looking at times.

Other than that, Mai's advice was really good, Nodoka became a little bit less annoying and we can finally expect more of the lovey-dovey stuff from Mai and Sakuta~
Dec 5, 2018 1:42 PM

Mar 2018
was that horror scene a jigoku shoujo reference?
Dec 5, 2018 2:04 PM

Sep 2015
I love how they did the transformation/body swap! It illustrates how not the mind jumped into another body but how the minds stayed the same and the bodies transformed. All the other shows simply swap the minds and the reverse swapping would just be everybody realising that they are back in their old body without any visuals to go along with it. Very well done!
Dec 5, 2018 2:18 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Seeing them make up in the end was adorable :'')
Dec 5, 2018 2:19 PM

May 2014
Come on, people, that balloon pop was weird but wasn't scary. Though Sakuta's face of utter horror was quite misleading, should've been mild surprise instead.

Being completely honest, I detest that drama about their lives as idols, even watching it is tiresome, but the episode didn't give me time to become bored. Sakuta's as sarcastic a fucker as ever, but he's a really cool dude, too. That tsundere act of "I did it only because I wanted to be lovey-dovey with Mai as soon as possible" wouldn't fool anybody.

suganims said:
Good arc, but the thing that was bothering me through the whole episode - is it just me or the quality of animation really went down in this episode? Maybe it's because they wanted to make the performance part really good but damn, their faces were so silly looking at times.

Not just you, I noticed it right at the beginning how Sakuta and Nodoka were the only ones moving on the station, and the smiling girl on the background bothered me a lot. Still, it wasn't enough to affect my appreciation for the episode, though. I just think awesome animes like these deserve more time/money to be able to do a proper job at the level of the story itself.
Dec 5, 2018 2:20 PM
Dec 2018
So, after watching this episode, i started to wonder if the anime will have a proper ending, or will you have to read the light novel/manga?
Note that i haven't read the ln/manga, so please refrain from spoiling.
Thanks in advance
Dec 5, 2018 2:49 PM

Nov 2008
SwordOfEnd said:
So, after watching this episode, i started to wonder if the anime will have a proper ending, or will you have to read the light novel/manga?
Note that i haven't read the ln/manga, so please refrain from spoiling.
Thanks in advance

The movie will adapt volumes 6 and possibly 7, which aren't the final books but they're basically the climax to what the anime has built up to.
Dec 5, 2018 2:51 PM
Aug 2013
What a really good episode, love all the scene, and didn't realize that 20 minutes already over.
Can't wait for next week
Dec 5, 2018 2:55 PM

Apr 2015
So Sakuta did open the cabinet...

Aww Kaede looks adorable with her school uniform on!

I have to say that the idol scenes were really well done, nice animation through out!

The make up scene was really sweet and that slap Sakuta received caught me so off guard! The poor guy is having to go through so much to solve these puberty syndromes and that's what he gets XD Atleast he has his priorities straight!

So that's another problem rapped up, however now rumours seems to spread about Mai having a boyfriend.... was eventually gonna happen.

Kaede arc starts next week!
Dec 5, 2018 3:00 PM

Dec 2015
Honestly? This was the weakest episode of the series. It didn't had many jokes as the other ones, and the plot was just there. It was an ok episode, but really nothing special. Personally I think this show started really great, but right now is just a good show
Dec 5, 2018 3:05 PM
Aug 2016
Not a great arc, probably the worst of the first four. Now i'm hyped for Kaede's arc so we will se something interesting.
Dec 5, 2018 3:08 PM

Jan 2009
For me, this was the first episode which felt like a chore to watch.

To put it bluntly, Nodoka is an insufferable and whiny brat. Completely unlikable to me, unlike all other girls. Also, it impedes the highlight of the show for me - the Mai/Sakuta antics. Please keep her off screen, thank you very much.

Hoping for a return to better times next ep...
Dec 5, 2018 3:09 PM
Apr 2015
Not satisfied with the latest 2 episodes. Nadoka's character is bland and obnoxious. Thankfully it's over now.
Saiyan_Prince said:
I've never cheated on someone before, but I've been cheated on. And let me tell you, it hurts like a bitch. If you don't want to be with someone, please just go ahead and end it before you even think about looking for that someone else. Don't wait and find that person in order to line it up first and then just move from one relationship to the next without even pausing. I honestly don't understand how people can be heartless enough to cheat on someone.
Dec 5, 2018 3:10 PM
Mar 2018
raytsh said:
I love how they did the transformation/body swap! It illustrates how not the mind jumped into another body but how the minds stayed the same and the bodies transformed. All the other shows simply swap the minds and the reverse swapping would just be everybody realising that they are back in their old body without any visuals to go along with it. Very well done!

finally someone gets it.everyone else saying it was creepy, personally i found it really cool that they did that instead of the whole next day everything is back to normal again thing
Dec 5, 2018 3:15 PM
Jan 2015
I think some of you guys are freaking out to much about Sakuta and Mai's relationship being found out. I mean this was eventually going to happen, it's not like there were going to always be in a secret relationship. And just like the other hurdles they've faced as a couple, they will find a way to overcome this. Also consider how this series has delt with drama so far and the fact there's only 3 episodes remaining this season. So they're not gonna draw this out.
My Queens

Dec 5, 2018 3:20 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty weak arc, it sure has become boring since Futaba's arc. Also the timing of the ending song was super terrible who the heck directed this episode?
Dec 5, 2018 3:35 PM

Feb 2013
Farabeuf said:
Sakuta's parents are a miserable failure in life. Abandoning your children like that because you cannot cope. Just sad.

Like some others said, this arc is probably the weakest so far. Nodoka is a pretty uninteresting character and her "issues" were obvious from the get go.

Next arc should be better, much more personal too. But, alas, we're going to have to put up with the shitstorm of Mai having a boyfriend. I have NEVER understood that weird Japanese obsession with not having actresses/singers date. I mean, does anyone here mind if their favorite female performer has a boyfriend or marries or whatever?

This isn't just japanese but asian. Anyway, that's more on idols, the problem here is the paparazzi much like in america for celebrities.

Atavistic said:
To think, this probably could have all been solved if Mai and Nodoka just talked it out from the very beginning, which would have spared us this mediocre arc entirely. Interesting twist that they didn't actually bodyswap though, just that they took on the other's appearance instead. That at least is some consolation, as it was something I wouldn't have even considered (although it does at least make the scene where Nodoka was going to "kill herself" make a little bit more sense than what it otherwise would have).

And of course they're going to fuck with Sakuta's relationship cos Mai is in showbusiness, aren't they? They couldn't just let that slide and let them be happy, cos heaven forbid we lose out on the crappy drama that's likely to stem from this.

Weakest arc of the show without a shadow of a doubt, and that post-credits scene also made this by far the absolute worst episode of the show so far, and probably the only one I outright disliked.

Mai is an famous person in a relationship, that would happen in a time or another with paparazzi. It would be unrealistic with her maintaining it in secret and no reporter discovering it to make a problem.
Dec 5, 2018 3:36 PM
Mar 2015
Quantum Mechanics even a Gorilla can undersgtand
Dec 5, 2018 3:38 PM
Nov 2018
Very wholesome indeed.
Dec 5, 2018 3:59 PM

Jul 2017
I do agree with that this arc was the weakest but that appearance changing caught me off guard since this is not your typical body-swap thing. Especially that sound effect... I jumped when I heard it.

I personally think the episode where I thought was the weakest for this show was Episode 4 to be honest. This episode was at least better than that one.

I like the idol scene. It lifts my spirits!

Kaede's finally trying to go into the outside world ever since her incident! Good for her!

And hey, we get to see Sakuta's father! It seems like their relationship is going kinda alright. And lol at Sakuta's father thinking that Sakuta had smashed someone when he asked what it's like to be a parent.

I do agree with someone that said, "None of this would have happened if Mai had told all that stuff from the beginning." That was one of the first things that came into my mind during Mai and Nodoka's confrontation. Pretty much the main reason why I think this arc was the weakest. Though this episode still got points for the idol scene, the appearance changing, Sakuta's father and Kaede's development.

Of course someone spotted Sakuta and Mai together and spread the news... Please let this be resolved soon so they can have their dates!

It will finally be Kaede's arc next! Hopefully it will be a better arc than this one.

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Dec 5, 2018 4:05 PM

Dec 2014
Decent episode, glad it's all wrapped up now.

I got the sense that the entire reason that Mai told Sakuta to not open the cabinet was so she could get him too and it looks like that's exactly what happened.

Mai and Nodoka should've talked out things from the very beginning but at least the final quarter of the episode was very heartfelt.

I definitely did not see that twist coming, they didn't actually swap bodies but rather just changed appearances to look like the other.

Unfortunately it seems like Nodoka's time looking like Mai resulted in something of a scandal cause someone saw them and identified them which honestly sucks. Hope that stuff gets sorted out quickly.

Kaede in the uniform was super adorable so I'm really looking forward to the next arc.
Dec 5, 2018 4:18 PM

May 2015
caio_brb said:
Farabeuf said:

This isn't just japanese but asian. Anyway, that's more on idols, the problem here is the paparazzi much like in america for celebrities.

Atavistic said:

Mai is an famous person in a relationship, that would happen in a time or another with paparazzi. It would be unrealistic with her maintaining it in secret and no reporter discovering it to make a problem.

Exactly. I don't understand why he's complaining about it. It would make no sense for it to remain a secret, and of course they're not going to allow dating. The same shit happens in real life. How the fuck is it "crappy" drama? xD. I didn't know being realistic = crap.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

517 by parteeksingh »»
Apr 10, 6:32 AM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2018

327 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 3, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2018

287 by Samextheft »»
Mar 2, 9:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.