Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 5, 2018 8:30 AM

Jan 2017
I am so happy they made an OVA on Emilia's backstory. Re:Zero If (Rem story) is just trash. Well as they say, best girl always wins in the end ^^
Anyone got an idea when it will air?

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Dec 5, 2018 8:57 AM

Sep 2009
no idea D: but im curious how the ova will turn out :D

Dec 5, 2018 8:59 AM
Jul 2018
This OVA is about Emilia's Backstory?

S K I P
Dec 6, 2018 1:20 PM
Oct 2018
OVA about rem only screw emillia she can die
Dec 7, 2018 1:00 AM

Jan 2017
ZedMarshall said:

Rem is trash. Emilia is best girl! Only the best girl gets an OVA.
Rem should die.

Dec 7, 2018 1:18 PM
Oct 2018
swirlydragon said:
ZedMarshall said:

Rem should die.
you call that bitch "best girl"tell me one nice thing that she did,she only thinks for herself and doesnt care for subaru only for politics While Rem on the other hand cares for him deeply tell me who is better now u heck

Dec 7, 2018 1:26 PM
Oct 2018
ZedMarshall said:
swirlydragon said:

Rem should die.
you call that bitch "best girl"tell me one nice thing that she did,she only thinks for herself and doesnt care for subaru only for politics While Rem on the other hand cares for him deeply tell me who is better now u heck

actually to be honest i love both rem ram and emilia ...but i love rem the most forget the arguing ok
Dec 7, 2018 3:29 PM
Oct 2018
ZedMarshall said:
ZedMarshall said:

actually to be honest i love both rem ram and emilia ...but i love rem the most forget the arguing ok
i said that cuz i got fed up whit people hating on rem ..
Dec 7, 2018 3:56 PM

May 2013
As usual, you need to patiently wait for announcements next year.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Dec 9, 2018 9:48 AM

Jan 2017
ZedMarshall said:

The only one who is a bitch is that pathetic girl Rem.
One nice thing, you say? Only cares for politics? Unlike that selfish, ugly & pathetic maid Rem, Emilia is honest, elegant, caring & beautiful. Rem only cares for herself and the only reason she even saved Subaru was because he saved her first. Previously, she tortured and brutally killed him. Healing his legs just to crush it again? What kind of a psycho would do that? On the other hand, Emilia always cared about Subaru and never hurt him once. She saved him many times, trusted him & cared for him while asking nothing in return even though Subaru was a stranger to her.

ZedMarshall said:

I don't care. I am a hardcore Emilia fan.
And I will counter all arguments that try to bash Emilia.

Dec 10, 2018 12:17 AM

Jun 2012
Can you idiots talk about something besides who is best girl?It doesn't matter. They're both awesome.
Dec 10, 2018 2:24 AM

May 2013
swirlydragon said:

One nice thing, you say? Only cares for politics? Unlike that selfish, ugly & pathetic maid Rem, Emilia is honest, elegant, caring & beautiful. Rem only cares for herself and the only reason she even saved Subaru was because he saved her first. Previously, she tortured and brutally killed him. Healing his legs just to crush it again? What kind of a psycho would do that? On the other hand, Emilia always cared about Subaru and never hurt him once. She saved him many times, trusted him & cared for him while asking nothing in return even though Subaru was a stranger to her.

Off topic again, all characters in Re:Zero are presented with flaws. Rem jumps to conclusions very quickly. Bearing hatred towards Witch Cults, Rem never trusted Subaru until he decides to save her from the Mabeasts. Her misconception and demeanour changes after Emilia talks to her about Subaru after the 'lap pillow' scene. However, there are valid reasons as to why she does that. Whether she did the right thing or not is upto the viewer and which perspective you choose to view the actions from.

As for Emilia, she shares the similar types of character faults with Subaru, she is very wary of strangers but quick to place high hopes and trust after an ice-breaker. She also has very low self-esteem issues. Only difference is that Emilia places a higher emphasis on the idea of promises while Subaru doesn't. She expects for promises to be kept, it's not like she does it all for free. She is highly empathetic towards people but that places her in the same boat as Subaru when it comes to having expectations from people, as she has no experience with real friends or friendships.

The only criticisms towards her character are with respect to her screen-time with Subaru, which I admit is a poor argument, because reading through the events after the anime or Arc 4 in the Web Novel, I will argue that Emilia is shown just the appropriate amount of time in Season 1 and her in-depth characterization comes immediately after the anime. Anyway, that's besides the point...and what we are talking about is also beyond the point.

The author has put a lot of effort in fleshing out characters by presenting them as non-idealistic persons. Sure, the anime made Rem look like an ideal waifu-bait but people seem forget characterizations at the drop of a hat or they are just selectively viewing the anime through 'waifu-goggles' , lol. You seem to be doing the same thing as the Remfagsfans, i.e. watching the events of the anime through a vacuum :P

Calling a character trash is completely ignoring the efforts the author has put, I would say. I have my reasons for disliking Rem but that is due to some events that take place in the parts that the anime skipped, but I won't deny the characterizations that were present in the anime nevertheless.
KreatorXDec 10, 2018 2:34 AM
Truly a Divine Comedy
Dec 10, 2018 2:44 AM
Oct 2018
KreatorX said:
swirlydragon said:

Off topic again, all characters in Re:Zero are presented with flaws. Rem jumps to conclusions very quickly. Bearing hatred towards Witch Cults, Rem never trusted Subaru until he decides to save her from the Mabeasts. Her misconception and demeanour changes after Emilia talks to her about Subaru after the 'lap pillow' scene. However, there are valid reasons as to why she does that. Whether she did the right thing or not is upto the viewer and which perspective you choose to view the actions from.

As for Emilia, she shares the similar types of character faults with Subaru, she is very wary of strangers but quick to place high hopes and trust after an ice-breaker. She also has very low self-esteem issues. Only difference is that Emilia places a higher emphasis on the idea of promises while Subaru doesn't. She expects for promises to be kept, it's not like she does it all for free. She is highly empathetic towards people but that places her in the same boat as Subaru when it comes to having expectations from people, as she has no experience with real friends or friendships.

The only criticisms towards her character are with respect to her screen-time with Subaru, which I admit is a poor argument, because reading through the events after the anime or Arc 4 in the Web Novel, I will argue that Emilia is shown just the appropriate amount of time in Season 1 and her in-depth characterization comes immediately after the anime. Anyway, that's besides the point...and what we are talking about is also beyond the point.

The author has put a lot of effort in fleshing out characters by presenting them as non-idealistic persons. Sure, the anime made Rem look like an ideal waifu-bait but people seem forget characterizations at the drop of a hat or they are just selectively viewing the anime through 'waifu-goggles' , lol. You seem to be doing the same thing as the Remfagsfans, i.e. watching the events of the anime through a vacuum :P

Calling a character trash is completely ignoring the efforts the author has put, I would say. I have my reasons for disliking Rem but that is due to some events that take place in the parts that the anime skipped, but I won't deny the characterizations that were present in the anime nevertheless.
`so why should i be called a remfag ,i have my own reasons to like her and you gotta ruin it for me ? Ok nice so does that mean i should stop loving rem because someone told me reasons she is bad ?Everyone has a good side you know.That doesnt mean you should hate on them for their bad sides Rem attacked subaru multiple times because of his stench of the witch.Her childhood had some traumatizing moments involving the witch cult so its her hatred against it the reason she killed subaru,not because he is just subaru.So i dont know why you hate on Rem atleast leave me be...
Dec 10, 2018 3:04 AM

May 2013
ZedMarshall said:
so why should i be called a remfag ,i have my own reasons to like her and you gotta ruin it for me ? Ok nice so does that mean i should stop loving rem because someone told me reasons she is bad ?Everyone has a good side you know.That doesnt mean you should hate on them for their bad sides Rem attacked subaru multiple times because of his stench of the witch.Her childhood had some traumatizing moments involving the witch cult so its her hatred against it the reason she killed subaru,not because he is just subaru.So i dont know why you hate on Rem atleast leave me be...

I was not even talking about you. Do you consider yourself a Remfag? I refer it for people who watched the anime with waifu goggles on.

And you completely misread what I wrote. I visibly mentioned that she has reasons for bearing animosity towards Subaru, did you skip that?
However, there are valid reasons as to why she does that

Valid reasons = witch's scent + hatred towards witch cult. She = Rem. Does that = Brutalizing Subaru.

I like both characters on how they were presented in the anime. Where have I written anything that explicitly states that Rem is trash? I was just disappointed in her character when I said I have reasons for disliking her. The anime doesn't cover those parts, she is presented brilliantly in the adaptation.
KreatorXDec 10, 2018 3:23 AM
Truly a Divine Comedy
Dec 10, 2018 9:54 AM
Aug 2018
Why argue over Anime Girl?They dont even exist btw I love Rem !
Dec 10, 2018 4:45 PM
Oct 2018
b
Demonlord_Diablo said:
Why argue over Anime Girl?They dont even exist btw I love Rem !
because real girls dont like me neither i like them
and anime girls dont hurt my feelings at all :)
Dec 25, 2018 6:51 PM

Oct 2018
ZedMarshall said:
KreatorX said:

`so why should i be called a remfag ,i have my own reasons to like her and you gotta ruin it for me ? Ok nice so does that mean i should stop loving rem because someone told me reasons she is bad ?Everyone has a good side you know.That doesnt mean you should hate on them for their bad sides Rem attacked subaru multiple times because of his stench of the witch.Her childhood had some traumatizing moments involving the witch cult so its her hatred against it the reason she killed subaru,not because he is just subaru.So i dont know why you hate on Rem atleast leave me be...

Wow, you realize miss the entire argument that he made. Gg weeaboo
Dec 27, 2018 12:52 AM
Jun 2017
I agree with all the other comments saying that Emilia is best girl
Jan 3, 2019 9:45 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I hope this is coming soon with an announcement for a 2nd Season too! Honestly, I don’t care if the 2nd Season is to come later in 2020 or so, I just want confirmation! Can’t wait to see this OVA though, especially more so since it’s featuring Emilia!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 4, 2019 3:57 PM
Apr 2013
I'm hype for Emilia's backstory and for a possible season 2. Emilia is my favorite character.

BTW the waifu wars here are getting cringe worthy. Neither Emilia nor Rem deserve to be called trash and what not.

Emilia does care about Subaru, it's obvious considering that she went out of her way to shelter him, comfort him and saved his life by healing him several times. She just distanced herself from him temporarily because he was being toxic and betrayed her trust. Even after that she still cared about his well being and forgave him later.

Majority of the fanbase is just dumb

Fans: *Bashes Emilia for getting less focus and development than Rem in season 1 and spouts mindless bullshit about her*

Emilia: * Gets more focus and development*

Fans: * Are butt hurt because they only watch Re Zero for Rem and are too immature and closed minded to give Emilia or other characters a chance*

Rem doesn't deserve to be hated on either, she's a great character too. It's just her radical fans that mindlessly bash Emilia are obnoxious.
Jan 4, 2019 4:21 PM
Apr 2013
KreatorX said:
swirlydragon said:

I agree and I'm glad that some fans can actually give the characters some actual thought. Neither Emilia nor Rem are perfect but I really like both of them a lot. I prefer Emilia because she was pretty much fair to Subaru in all world lines. Plus she's so kind considering how she is treated for looking like Satella. Rem's character was flushed out better imo in season 1 but I see more potential in Emilia. I kind of wish that they just did a best friend thing between Rem and Subaru and had Emilia be the only potential love interest though. I heard from someone that Ram starts liking him which I really hope isn't true. I can deal with a MC having 2 love interests but it bugs me when they have 3+
Jan 4, 2019 6:36 PM
Apr 2013
ZedMarshall said:
swirlydragon said:

Rem should die.

"tell me one nice thing that she(Emilia) did"
Challenge accepted
1) She saved Subaru from the thugs, healed him and even stayed with him despite being in a hurry
2) Helps lost little girl despite being in a hurry
3) Heals Subaru and gives him shelter
4) Stands up for Subaru when Ram And Roswaal accuses him of killing Rem
5) Comforted him when he needed it badly and assured Rem that he is a good person
6) Heals him after he was injured by Maebeasts
7) Stands up for Felt when Priscilla insulted her despite the fact Felt stole from her
8) Heals Subaru after he was severely injured by Julius
9) Arranges an alliance with Crusch so that Subaru would be around Ferris,the best healer
10) Tries to save a village from the cult despite most of the villagers treating her horribly
11) Runs towards an explosion to save Subaru

Can you name one instance where she was a "bitch" ?
Jan 8, 2019 12:24 PM

Mar 2018
I can see that they've been thoroughly beaten...
Jan 31, 2019 8:19 PM
Jan 2019
Never know why Rem fans hate Emilia that much lol. What a shame!
Feb 5, 2019 2:48 PM
Nov 2017
tuanguyen said:
Never know why Rem fans hate Emilia that much lol. What a shame!
I donno as well. I love both Rem and Emilia.
Spoiler: Emilia will be 2nd strongest mage character.
Feb 5, 2019 8:19 PM

Mar 2018
So... to get away from the waifu war and back on topic, when will this air?
Feb 21, 2019 7:59 AM
Aug 2018
How did this turn from asking when this OVA airs to a fight over best girl?

BTW, best girl is Betelgeuse.
Mar 21, 2019 8:49 AM

Mar 2018
swirlydragon said:
I am so happy they made an OVA on Emilia's backstory. Re:Zero If (Rem story) is just trash. Well as they say, best girl always wins in the end ^^
Anyone got an idea when it will air?

Along with the reveal of a new key visual, the release has been announced for an unspecified date in Fall 2019!
The announcement on the official twitter: Re:Zero Announcement
Mar 23, 2019 2:18 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
It'll be airing in Fall 2019!

Hype-worthy PV too, can't wait!

Mar 23, 2019 3:34 AM

Jan 2017
Jaces_Sanctum said:

Along with the reveal of a new key visual, the release has been announced for an unspecified date in Fall 2019!
The announcement on the official twitter: Re:Zero Announcement

Yeah, just got to know about it! I am so hyped!
Had to wait 3 fuckin' years for this! I am seriously crying right now! Can't wait to see more of Emilia!

Thanks!
Can't wait for it! I am so hyped! Emilia <3
The PV looks fabulous btw! EMT!

_MushiRock11_ said:
It'll be airing in Fall 2019!

Hype-worthy PV too, can't wait!

Yeah, the visuals look so amazing!

Mar 23, 2019 5:04 AM

Oct 2015
I hope I can watch it before s2 airing.
Jul 27, 2019 9:28 PM
Jul 27, 2019 9:53 PM
Jul 2015
I was waiting for a season 2 pv then got this xD.
Anyways, the pv looks good and I'm happy. Probably will watch it in cinema because I'm living in Tokyo.

Jul 28, 2019 12:02 PM
May 2016
Malus92 said:
Can you idiots talk about something besides who is best girl?It doesn't matter. They're both awesome.

Yeah, they're both great characters. And many people had a problem with Emilia's lack of screen time in season 1, so this helps
Jul 29, 2019 3:37 AM

Jun 2019
November 8th 2019

Noted it.

Can't wait emilia tan only show
Jul 29, 2019 6:12 AM

Jan 2017

Emilia is so badass in the new PV. I can't wait for this! EMT!

Jul 29, 2019 6:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
swirlydragon said:
Emilia is so badass in the new PV. I can't wait for this! EMT!

I know right, and adorable too! Emilia-tan, maji tenshi ~

Jul 31, 2019 12:14 PM

Aug 2015
EveRay said:

Challenge accepted
1) She saved Subaru from the thugs, healed him and even stayed with him despite being in a hurry
5) Comforted him when he needed it badly and assured Rem that he is a good person
7) Stands up for Felt when Priscilla insulted her despite the fact Felt stole from her
9) Arranges an alliance with Crusch so that Subaru would be around Ferris,the best healer
10) Tries to save a village from the cult despite most of the villagers treating her horribly

About 8) it was actually Ferris not Emillia.

But yeah, there's no arguing with the blind and stupid remfags. Emillia "is a bitch because Subaru loves her and 'rejected' Rem". Or "she dared stand up for herself for once and tell Subaru off, what a bitch!". How quick are they to forget that Rem assassinated Subaru, THEN she tortured him to death afterwards and made Ram finish Subaru off! And then, when Subaru learns from his mistakes of thinking Emillia owes him love because he helped her lol, people go insane and do exactly what Subaru did "Rem sacrificed her life to save him lol Subaru what a piece of shit."

They don't even understand Rem and the scene itself in the first place. Whatever.
SirLezardSep 4, 2019 3:43 PM
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Sep 4, 2019 8:53 AM
Apr 2013
SirLezard said:
EveRay said:

Challenge accepted

About 9) it was actually Ferris not Emillia.

But yeah, there's no arguing with the blind and stupid remfags. Emillia "is a bitch because Subaru loves her and 'rejected' Rem". Or "she dared stand up for herself for once and tell Subaru off, what a bitch!". How quick are they to forget that Rem assassinated Subaru, THEN she tortured him to death afterwards and made Ram finish Subaru off! And then, when Subaru learns from his mistakes of thinking Emillia owes him love because he helped her lol, people go insane and do exactly what Subaru did "Rem sacrificed her life to save him lol Subaru what a piece of shit."

They don't even understand Rem and the scene itself in the first place. Whatever.

Lol yeah. I have a bad habit of trying to debate with idiots. I actually really love Rem too and I kind of like Subaru with both Emilia and Rem (as long as both are cool with it) but I think I prefer Emilia because I like her over all personality and I see future potential in her.
SirLezard said:
EveRay said:

Challenge accepted

About 9) it was actually Ferris not Emillia.

I agree. I think Subaru was a massive douche when he broke Emilia's promise, embarrassed her then said that she owed him and Emilia had every right to call him out on it. I love Rem too but some people do not get that gratitude isn't always suppose to result in falling in love, at least not right away. I actually like the idea of him getting with both Emilia and Rem though as long as they're both cool with it.

But yeah I think a lot of these Rem fanboys that mindlessly bash Emilia are either too stupid or too young to understand the characters.
Sep 4, 2019 3:44 PM

Aug 2015
@EveRay Wait. 9) is actually Emillia obviously. I meant 8) (the healing after the Julius scene at the castle).
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Sep 5, 2019 10:04 AM
Apr 2013
SirLezard said:
@EveRay Wait. 9) is actually Emillia obviously. I meant 8) (the healing after the Julius scene at the castle).

Oh yeah that's right. My bad. But anyways I look forward to the Frozen bonds movie because I heard that Emilia has a very interesting back story.

More topics from this board

» do I watch this to start re:zero?

13oFIVE - Mar 24

5 by TabutcuEmmi »»
Mar 25, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Hyouketsu no Kizuna Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Usopp8000 - Nov 8, 2019

176 by Matej27SK »»
Feb 1, 7:19 AM

» More Emilia stuff again? We fan wants more Rem ( 1 2 )

Gazz - Dec 4, 2018

92 by Ge553ruhrnr »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:47 AM

» Do I need to watch this before starting Season 2?

Dije - Jan 26, 2022

17 by Broderoi »»
Jan 27, 2022 3:29 PM

» could have been a masterpiece

KuroudoAkabane - Oct 25, 2020

7 by Hachii13 »»
Oct 14, 2021 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.