Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dec 5, 2018 12:54 AM
I remember a while ago when reading up on people's opinions on this show, most people just did not like Reigen. It seemed like it was almost universal to hate him till maybe halfway through, and it felt like I was the only one that didn't hate him to death.

Was my assumption of his hate wrong, or is he genuinely disliked that much? I understand people not liking the idea of him, but he didn't seem that bad, his fake exorcist shtick was really just a gag. I've seen far worse characters get far less hate.

This isn't me trying to say it isn't warranted, and that he shouldn't be hated, I just want to know why, what are your opinions on this?

Dec 7, 2018 8:19 AM
Really?Genuinely curious,where did you read it?Reigen is one of the most beloved adn well-known characters in anime community,he's one of the reasons why Mob Psycho 100 become so popular,hell there was even internet-event in his honor,"Redraw Reigen" and that was before the finale of the show,when even people who wasn't keen on him changed their opinion.Of course there is always people who don't like certain character but when talking about majority of people,reigen actually is very liked,so yeah,your assumption is completely wrong.

Dec 7, 2018 2:58 PM

FYI Reigen has twice the number of favorites here as Mob.

Dec 7, 2018 5:54 PM

Yeah, Reigen is pretty loved as far as I know, and deservedly so because he's hands down the best character in the show, so no idea where your thoughts that he was universally hated and that you were the only one that liked him come from.

Dec 7, 2018 5:58 PM

I'd buy a waifu pillow of him if I didn't have a bit of dignity ngl, I love the guy.

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Dec 7, 2018 9:00 PM
Ok wow, so it was just me? Must have been me seeing it in an isolated topic or comment chain where only people with similar opinions posted. I'm glad I was wrong

Dec 7, 2018 9:08 PM

When I was watching the show during air time I recalled people loving Reigen a lot. I also personally believe that Reigen was a part of the reason why the anime was so good.

Dec 9, 2018 3:33 AM

OnionKnightRises said:
Ok wow, so it was just me? Must have been me seeing it in an isolated topic or comment chain where only people with similar opinions posted. I'm glad I was wrong

Perhaps because episode 1's impression of Reigen wasn't so great, that the comments about Reigen specifically in that episode was negative, because from what I've seen around, quite a lot of people have their opinions on him change throughout the season.

May 11, 3:26 AM
OnionKnightRises said:
I remember a while ago when reading up on people's opinions on this show, most people just did not like Reigen. It seemed like it was almost universal to hate him till maybe halfway through, and it felt like I was the only one that didn't hate him to death.

Was my assumption of his hate wrong, or is he genuinely disliked that much? I understand people not liking the idea of him, but he didn't seem that bad, his fake exorcist shtick was really just a gag. I've seen far worse characters get far less hate.

This isn't me trying to say it isn't warranted, and that he shouldn't be hated, I just want to know why, what are your opinions on this?

I don't like him either but i like sakurai's voice

Jul 28, 2:59 AM
I guess it's pretty unpopular, but I hate Reigen. With a passion. As a character, even in the show, he is pretty dense. I won't deny his benefit to Mob, and I won't deny his humour, but he is kinda the worst character. He showd up to steal the spotlight at the worst times, and has no faith in Mob except when it suits him.

Jul 28, 3:49 AM
I honestly like Reigen quite a lot, however, I don't support the fact that he's manipulative toward Mob.

Aug 23, 4:34 PM

reigen's a total ass, but he gets enough good moments to a point where's he redeemable enough to be liked

just about every character in this show have sucked to some extent, and i don't necessarily mean that as in 'bad writing' or 'bad characters', i mean that as individual people - whether because they were just losers or because of evil or whatever- they've sucked

reigen of course is a con-man, he scams people and unfortunately he isn't above manipulating shiego. he's not cool enough to be someone like kaiki from monogatari either, and while he does have his obvious good moments, the bad things about his character don't exactly just go away because of that. personally, i think he'd be a much more lovable character if he was a con-man who happened to have better intentions, or happened to be able to create good results at the end of the day, even as a con man. Instead, he seems stay as an idiot who gives dubious advice and happens to get notably lucky, which can make some good fun, but i can't say i like him anymore because of it